SoundToys has announced the release of SoundToys version 4, an update to the bundle of effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Here’s what you get: SoundToys TDM Effects, and SoundToys Native Effects owners get TWO amazing new plug-ins, our new built-in preset management system, and an exclusive V4 set of presets. That’s the much anticipated Decapitator, analog saturation modeler, and the astounding PanMan rhythmic auto-panner, all for the low upgrade prices of $199.00 for SoundToys TDM Effects, and $99.00 for SoundToys Native Effects. V4 upgrades for single plug-ins also available.
New in SoundToys V4
- Decapitator Analog Saturation Modeler — Analog saturation has long been the magic mojo that engineers have used as their swiss army knife of mixing. It’s used on drums, bass, vocals guitars, everything. It can be used to beef things up, thin things out, give them some edge, fry them up nice, add a bit of warmth, pull things out of the mix, or even create a signature sound. Subtle to extreme, analog saturation is the golden child of great mixes. That’s why we took our time, bought and listened to all the great analog classics, and painstakingly created that magic for you in Decapitator.
- PanMan Rhythmic Auto-Panner — PanMan takes the supposedly simple process of moving audio back and forth in the stereo field and gives it that special touch that you’ve come to expect from our twisted minds. It features an over the top range of panning modes to recreate classic analog auto-panners plus some of the cool modes from our other plugs to push it a bit further into the future. With MIDI sync to tempo, preset storage, dynamic control, and automation you get modern innovation alongside the classic features from hard to find vintage analog hardware. Control width, speed, direction and more with the most full featured panner you’ve ever seen.
More information: SoundToys / Decapitator / PanMan
SoundToys has released a public beta of Decapitator, an analog saturation modeling effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With the overwhelming response Decapitator received from its introduction at the New York AES in October, we wanted to get it into the hands of our users as quickly as possible. To make this happen, SoundToys has decided to make Decapitator available as a part of its new public beta program, starting immediately.
This program allows users to try out new products from SoundToys and provide important feedback before they are commercially released. It also has the added benefit of providing an extended demo through the holiday season.
Not all products will be available in this program, but more are planned and users who sign up will be notified of new developments in the program.
The Decapitator Public Beta is available for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS, TDM is coming). It requires a valid iLok ID and USB key.
More information: SoundToys / Decapitator Public Beta
SoundToys has introduced PanMan, an advanced auto-panner with groove control for PC and Mac.
PanMan takes the process of moving audio back and forth in the stereo field and gives it that special touch that is uniquely SoundToys. It features a complete range of panning modes to recreate classic analog panners (such as the PanScan and Spanner) plus new modes never before available. With MIDI sync to tempo, preset storage, and automation, users get modern innovation alongside classic features from hard to find vintage analog hardware.
SoundToys PanMan – Rhythmic Auto-Panner
- SoundToys exclusive Rhythm Mode with user programmable rhythm editor.
- Ping Pong triggered panning with user definable trigger divider as found in the classic PanScan.
- LFO style continuous panning with user definable pan shapes and dynamics control.
- Random Panning mode synced to MIDI.
- Random Triggered Panning with user definable trigger divider.
- PanMan also features detailed control over the pan type, reaction time, pan position, and pan width. An extensive presets library is also included.
PanMan will be available in the 4th quarter of 2009 for TDM/RTAS/AudioSuite, AudioUnits, and VST. More details and demo versions will be posted at http://www.soundtoys.com/ as they become available.
More information: SoundToys
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, Thermionic Culture
Posted in news
on Oct 02, 2009
SoundToys has introduced Decapitator, an analog saturation modeling plug-in for PC and Mac.
Sometimes little ideas take on a life of their own, especially at SoundToys. SoundToys users had been loving the “analog” sound of plug-ins like EchoBoy and FilterFreak so much that they asked SoundToys to create a dedicated saturation plug-in. The designers at SoundToys weren’t content to just copy a few bits of code from those popular plug-ins. Instead, they started on a multi-year search for the analog “mojo”, collecting all sorts of classic and obscure mic preamps and console channels, and developing new techniques for simulating the organic character that only comes from a properly aged (and abused) piece of gear.
SoundToys Decapitator – Analog Saturation Modeling Plug-In
Now, SoundToys is finally ready to demonstrate the first product of that tone quest — Decapitator. Decapitator models the saturation or distortion created when driving professional analog studio equipment. SoundToys analyzed vintage and modern classics from Neve, API, Ampex, EMI and Thermionic Culture, and more to create accurate models of high-end studio gear. Decapitator creates that highly sought after analog sound from subtle harmonic changes to extreme driven distortion.
Decapitator will be available in the 4th quarter of 2009 for TDM/RTAS/AudioSuite, AudioUnits, and VST. More details and demo versions will be posted at http://www.soundtoys.com/ as they become available.
More information: SoundToys
SoundToys has released version 3.1 of its plug-ins collection, including VST support for both Mac and Windows.
For music mixing, sound design, remix and more, SoundToys is the industry standard in professional audio effects plug-ins. With professional sound quality, design, and innovation that comes from a tradition of building great effects, SoundToys brings the sound of studio effects hardware to the world of desktop audio production.
Changes in SoundToys v3.1
- TDM: adds Universal Binary support for Intel-based Macs, as well as Audio Units and VST support for native plug-ins FilterFreak, EchoBoy, Tremolator, PhaseMistress and Crystallizer.
- Native: adds VST support for native plug-ins FilterFreak, EchoBoy, Tremolator, PhaseMistress and Crystallizer, and Speed integration with Logic 8.
SoundToys v3 is available for purchase in native format for $495 USD, and $1195 USD for the TDM version. A fully-functional 15-day demo is available for request (no iLok needed).
Visit SoundToys for more information.