Spectrasonics has announced Omnisphere 2, an update to the power synth module.
After many years of development, we are thrilled to announce that Omnisphere 2 is coming in 2015.
This is the first v2.0 of any Spectrasonics instrument and it’s truly a gigantic one! Check out the new feature list and the video introduction by Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director, Eric Persing.
Changes in Omnisphere 2
- Vast New Synthesis Possibilities:
- Audio Import – Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere.
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator – an increase of 100X.
- Wavetable Synthesis – Each Waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable.
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm.
- Deeper FM/Ring Mod capabilities for aggressive timbres.
- 8 New Filter Types – New Power Filters, Vowel, Resonators.
- New Unison Drift models Analog Polysynth behavior.
- Expanded Modulation with new sources and many more targets.
- Polyphonic LFO and Modulation Envelope options.
- Soundsource Reversing.
- Now includes over 10,000 sounds!
- More than 3,000 New patches and soundsources from acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Design Team.
- New Omnisphere EDM library with cutting-edge, modern sounds.
- New Exclusive Soundsources from Diego Stocco’s Custom Built Instruments.
- New category of Phrase-based Soundsources for granular synthesis.
- Hundreds of new Circuit Bent Soundsources.
- Many Innovative new Psychoacoustic Soundsources.
- New Melodic Cave Stalactites Soundsources.
- …and much, much more!
- New Interface:
- Redesigned Wider User Interface with many improvements.
- New Show Modulation pane opens modulation routings/sources on left side.
- New Mini-Browser available at all times.
- Larger Full Browser Design.
- Enhanced Browsing Experience:
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library.
- Sound Lock™ allows endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while you browse.
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third party libraries.
- Greatly Improved sound organization system.
- Fast Progressive Loading allows rapid auditioning.
- Browse Patches by Mood.
- Expanded Genres.
- Browse by Oscillator type.
- Boolean search options.
- New Arpeggiator Features:
- Note transposition for step seq-style patterns.
- Arp pattern lock while browsing.
- Speed Offset control allows slow down/speed up effects.
- New modulation capabilities.
- 25 New FX Units:
- Innerspace, Quad Resonator, Thriftshop Speaker, Classic Twin, Bassman, Hi-Wattage, Rock Stack, Brit-Vox, Boutique, San-Z-Amp, Stompbox Modeler, Metalzone Distortion, Toxic Smasher, Foxxy Fuzz, Analog Phaser, Analog Flanger, Analog Chorus, Analog Vibrato, Solina Ensemble, Vintage Tremolo, Envelope Filter, Crying Wah, Stomp-Comp, Precision Compressor, Studio 2-Band EQ.
- Flexible New FX Features:
- 16 FX units per patch.
- Full matrix modulation of every FX slot.
- New Aux FX rack per patch with Pre/Post fader sends.
- Hundreds of New FX Presets and Racks.
- Lock FX while browsing.
- Improvements/Special Features:
- Live Mode with key splits.
- Enhanced Orb with Attractor mode.
- Tweak Trilian Custom Controls Interface inside Omnisphere.
- Global Clock Speed (Halftime, Doubletime, etc).
- - and more!
Omnisphere 2 will be available April 30th, 2015, priced at $499 USD/399 EUR. An upgrade from Omnisphere 1 will be $249 USD, while customers who own Omnisphere, Trilian and Stylus RMX pay $199 USD. New Omnisphere customers from October 2014 thru May 2015 will get the update free of charge.
More information: Spectrasonics
Plughugger has announced the release of World of Sin, a collection of 150 mellow and ambient sounds for Spectrasonics Omnisphere.
Plughugger has released World of Sin, a sound expansion of 150 new sounds for the Spectrasonics Omnisphere with a focus on the most fundamental waveforms of them all: the sine wave.
Since the sine is the basic waveform we took on the challenge to design an entire soundset based on sine waves, being transformed by the audio engine of Omnisphere. The result is a collection of sounds showing how far you can push even the simplest of sounds with Omnisphere. Dark soundscapes, cute arpeggios, piano-esque plucks and magical textures.
For the soundset we partly used the internal sound engine for the sine waves, but also some sine waves sampled from legendary vintage synths such as Roland Jupiter 8 and the Moog Modular, plus a handful of sounds not entirely sine waves – but close, such as sounds from the Stylophone, Roland JD-800 and VOX Continental.
World of Sin costs 9.90 EUR. For the first two weeks it is free to download.
This is a way for us to say thank you to all our customers and to Spectrasonics for creating such a fantastic synthesizer. We would be grateful if you would sign up to our mailing list, but it’s not required.
More information: Plughugger / World of Sin
PlugInGuru has announced OmniChill, a new sound library for Spectrasonics Omnisphere, featuring patches for downtempo, chill, ambient, chillstep, newage and film music composers.
There are 110 patches including sub basses, special FX, Guitar Layers, Piano Layers, Leads, Pads and more. Every patch has the modulation dialed in to change the sound – sometimes in drastic ways and sometimes in subtle ways.
While the library has more of a chill / laid back set of patches, these patches are useful for virtually any style of music. The library also includes 160 FX Rack presets that can be loaded into the A, B or Common effect layer racks. These can finalize a track with EQ, compression and limiting or can destroy a track with distortion and vintage sounding delays. These are helpful to speed up the programming process and can give your own programming added depth with professionally designed FX set ups.
Along with these patches is a second product, OmniChill Video Power Pack, which consists of five video tutorials that John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl created while making the patches in the library. Over 10 patches in the library are created during these 3-hours of video tutorials. You will learn basic programming tips as well as learn advanced techniques while watching how patches that are in the library are created. The first of the videos “Synthesis Introduction and Modulation Fun” is on YouTube and can be watched for free.
The libraries are on sale for $27 USD each until January 5th, 2015 (regular $30 USD). Additional discounts are available with a purchase of multiple libraries.
More information: PlugInGuru
Audiority has announced the release of Omnisphere Cinematic IV, a new sound library for Spectrasonics Omnisphere.
Omnisphere Cinematic IV is the fourth installment of our bestsellers Omnisphere Cinematic series, featuring 100 new modern presets designed for Dark Ambient, Film, Soundtrack and Underscore.
Omnisphere Cinematic IV features
- 30 Arp + Rhythm.
- 10 Impact + Hits.
- 15 Synth Bass.
- 40 Pads + Textures.
- 5 Keyboards.
The soundset is available for purchase for 9 EUR until January 7th, 2015 (regular 18 EUR). Requires full version of Spectrasonics Omnisphere 1.5.7d or upper.
Previous owners of Omnisphere TOTAL Bundle, Hybrid Composer Bundle and Hybrid Composer Bundle Extended who purchased the bundles in December 2014 can claim for a free upgrade.
Audiority has also announced a storewide Xmas Sale, offering 50% off all its products until January 7th, 2015.
More information: Audiority
Plughugger has announced The Coil, a sound library for Spectrasonics Omnisphere featuring a unique collection of sounds based on the mother of all sawtooths – the sound of raw electricity.
The Tesla Coil is one of the more innovative soundsources in Spectrasonics Omnisphere, and can be described as electric energy transformed into a playable musical instrument.
The sound of the Tesla Coil reminds a lot of a sawtooth – but is sharp like a razor and – at times – a bit unstable. Therefore, it’s safe to say that this collection of sounds is set in a zone between the normal and the weird. It’s like gravity is off by a few percent. Normal but not normal.
With one basic sound of electricity as our starting point, we created 100 sounds divided into atmospheres, arpeggios, pads, leads and basses. To give the sounds a less radical counterpoint, we picked out 50 sounds and transformed them with some of our favourite mellow waveforms from synths such as the Access Virus and Oberheim OB8.
The Coil is available from Plughugger for the introductory price of 9.90 EUR until October 12th, 2014 (regular 14.90 EUR).
More information: Plughugger / The Coil
More posts that match this tag
The Unfinished has announced the release of Omnisphere Horizon IV, a collection of 128 sounds designed for cinematic and electronic music. At the heart of Horizon IV is a focus on a complimentary blend of … read more
PlugInGuru has launched Bass Box for Trilian, a collection of 160+ new patches for the Trilian bass instrument by Spectrasonics. Bass Box is a new library of 161 Patches and 110 effect “Rack” presets for … read more
PlugInGuru has launched Toxic Omnisphere, a sound library for Spectrasonics Omnisphere featuring cutting edge EDM patches by Seth Norman. TOXIC Omnisphere takes the concept of BOLD, “In Your Face” synth patches where the MOD WHEEL … read more
ILIO has announced the release of EDM Eclipse: Solar, a collection of 130 new patches for Spectrasonics Omnisphere from EDM producer/sound designer MIDIhead. EDM Eclipse: Solar contrasts its sister collection EDM Eclipse: Lunar, with hard-hitting … read more
Audiority has announced Driving Force, a new sound library for the Omnisphere virtual instrument from Spectrasonics. Driving Force is focused on polyphonic driving pulses, hybrid drum patterns, textural arpeggios and energic bass loops. We also … read more
Vintage Synth Pads has released Blue Box, a new sound library for the Omnisphere instrument from Spectrasonics. The Blue Box is part of a new collection of 80 presets for Omnisphere. A truly unique set … read more
PlugInGuru has released Omniverse III: Aurora, a concept story based patch library featuring 100 sounds for Spectrasonics Omnisphere. By first writing a science fiction alien race invading war story about the survival of the planet … read more
The Unfinished has announced the release of Trilian Raptor, a new collection of 128 patches for Spectrasonics Trilian, aimed at atmospheric and dynamic cinematic underscore music. Focusing on depth and drive, these sounds will help … read more
VST Buzz has launched another 1 week deal, offering a 40% discount on the Omnisphere Total Bundle by Audiority. The Omnisphere Total Bundle contains over 800 presets for Spectrasonics Omnisphere. In the bundle is a … read more
Plughugger has announced the release of Lounge Electro, a sound expansion of 150 new sounds for the Spectrasonics Omnisphere aimed for soft and mellow dance music. Lounge Electro is a soundset aimed to dance producers … read more
Audiority has announced the release of Omnisphere Cinematic III, a new sound library for Spectrasonics Omnisphere. Omnisphere Cinematic III is the third installment of our bestseller Omnisphere Cinematic series, featuring 100 new modern presets designed … read more
The Unfinished has announced the release of Omnisphere Lost & Found, a sound library for the Spectrasonics Omnisphere virtual instrument, in collaboration with Pendle Poucher of Sound Dust. There are various themes for this collection, … read more
ILIO has introduced EDM Eclipse: Lunar, a collection of 115 new patches for Spectrasonics Omnisphere from EDM producer/sound designer MIDIhead. Following up on ILIO’s popular EDM – Bundle, EDM Eclipse: Lunar contains the latest in … read more
Audiority has announced Omnisphere Cinematic II, a new sound library for the Omnisphere virtual instrument by Spectrasonics. Omnisphere Cinematic II is the sequel of our bestseller Omnisphere Cinematic, featuring 100 new modern presets designed for … read more
Plughugger has announced the release of Dr Bob, a sound expansion of 100 new sounds for the Spectrasonics Trilian virtual bass instrument, aimed for modern dance music. Dr Bob is modern take on the Moog … read more