Spektro Audio has announced the release of GrainFlux, a Max for Live synthesizer instrument.
GrainFlux is a MaxforLive synthesizer that combines different synthesis techniques such as granular, wavetable, and subtractive synthesis to create unique and distinctive sounds.
It works by using audio samples to create two different waveforms which can be morphed and modulated. While GrainFlux has a modern and simple to use design, it still offers many powerful and creative ways for you to manipulate its sound.
Create anything from morphing basslines to evolving drones by controlling and modulating the Morph, Grain Size, Tilt and Spike parameters.
GrainFlux is available for purchase for $14.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / GrainFlux
Spektro Audio has released version 1.2 of CV Toolkit, a standalone application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s ES-3 module.
We’re extremely excited to announce that the 1.2 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version is out!
This update fixes most of the issues we had with previous versions, brings many new features and set’s the path for the future of CV Toolkit.
Changes in CV Toolkit v1.2
- New Virtual Slot System (VSS), swap modules inside the slots at any time and configure it to best suite your need.
- 4 new modules:
- CV Recorder (Slot #8) – Record the output of any other virtual module and play it back using Vari-Speed (-10x to 10x).
- Comparator (Slot #8) – Performs a bipolar 1-bit quantization to an incoming signal.
- Morphing VCO (Slot #10) – A digital oscillator that can be used as sub oscillator, a modulator for FM / ring-mod patches or as an audio-rate modulation.
- Clock Generator (Slot #11) – Generate clock signals (gate or trigger) at different rates.
- Significant CPU usage optimization.
- CV Quantizer is now more reliable and contains 13 scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Blues, Dorian, Lydian, Locrian, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Arabic and Augmented.
- MIDI Notes Out – Send the output of the CV Quantizer module as MIDI notes to the selected MIDI output port. (Useful for layering sounds using other analog synths or virtual instruments).
- Added a width control for the Step Sequencer Gate / Clock output (Available in the Options window)
- Added curve adjustment for AD1 and AD2 (Logarithmic → Linear → Exponential)
- Added Pitch Bend support (with adjustable range to up to +/- 12 semitones)
- Improved voice handling
- Improved sync for the S&H module
- The Routing Matrix guidelines now have different colors for virtual modules (green) and analog outputs (blue).
- Lemur template updated to include new virtual modules.
- Minor design changes.
CV Toolkit for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Spektro Audio has released version 1.1 of Komplex, a Max for Live synthesizer instrument inspired by the Buchla 261e module.
The 1.1 update fixes a couple of issues that we had with the 1.0 version and brings many new features such as polyphony, envelope curves and new waveforms for the Mod LFO.
Changes in Komplex v1.1
- Major sound engine improvement – We re-designed the sound engine to make Komplex sound a lot better!.
- Polyphony – Komplex can now play up to 8 voices! You can now use Komplex to create some beautiful FM keys.
- Improvements to the Wave Morph section – morphing between the 3 waveforms sounds a lot smoother.
- Improvements to the 3 ADSR E.G.s – adjustable curves (Log – Lin – Expo) and equivalent ranges to all 3 E.G.s.
- New “Vel” buttons let’s you enable or disable velocity control for the FM and Morph / Shape envelopes independently.
- Improved FM section – we’ve fixed some issued related to the FM section and the modulating wave’s phase.
- You can now choose from 6 different waveforms for modulation: Sine, Triangle, Saw, Ramp, Square and S&H.
- Minor design improvements to improve usability.
- Fixed Shaper control range.
- New preset bank.
Komplex is available for purchase for $8 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / Komplex
Spektro Audio has announced Wired Bass, a free Ableton Live instruments pack.
This instrument pack contains 10 multi-sampled bass patches for Ableton Live’s Sampler instrument. These patches were created using a Eurorack modular synthesizer and CV Toolkit – Standalone Version.
We tried to come up with analog bass sounds that can work great in many different music genres by using variety of different oscillators, filters and synthesis techniques.
The pack is available to download from Spektro Audio at no charge.
More information: Spektro Audio / Wired Bass
Spektro Audio has released DRG – Dual Rhythm Generator, a Max for Live device capable of generating clocks and rhythms that can be used with analog synthesizers and drum machines via control voltage.
By using a combination of two clock generators and an optional boolean logic operator, DRG can generate anything from simple clock divisions to complex rhythms.
DRG is great for clocking analog sequencers, triggering envelopes, sequencing drum modules and etc.
DRG can be used in different situations. The workflow was thought out to work great both in the studio and in live concerts. Everything on the front panel, from the simple layout to the LEDs colors, was design to give you instant feedback of whats going on. Features such as the MIDI Controlled Presets let’s you add variation to your track and change the settings using either MIDI clips or any MIDI controller.
DRG requires an audio interface with DC-Coupled outputs or an Expert Sleepers ES-3 / ES-4 / ES-40 module.
DRG is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / DRG – Dual Rhythm Generator
Spektro Audio has announced the release of a version 1.1 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version, an application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio … read more
Spektro Audio has introduced the CV Toolkit, a software application for sending CV signals. CV Toolkit is a standalone application for both Mac and PC that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending … read more
Spektro Audio has released version 2.0 of Spektro Nucleation, a Max For Live device that functions as a waveshaper and bitcrusher. This major (and free!) update brings some exciting new features to our beloved waveshaping … read more
Spektro Audio has announced Spektro Komplex, a new Max for Live synthesizer instrument. Spektro Komplex is a MaxforLive monophonic synthesizer designed to create complex and unique sounds. Like the Buchla 261e module, Komplex uses two … read more