Squaredheads has released version 1.4 of Nora, a phrase arpeggiator and MIDI key mapper plugin for Windows.
Nora is a MIDI toolset that employs advanced editing tools to create MIDI phrases with ease.
Its full contextual interface allows to create solo melodies, rhythmic basslines or stabs instantly. It may be used in both live and offline environment.
Nora has been recently updated to version 1.4 with a new tool: A MIDI Key Mapper, which can be used as a harmonizer, to create chord progressions, to transpose keys, etc.
Changes in Nora v1.4
- MIDI Key Mapper tool.
- Nudge actions: use keyboard cursors to move notes or nodes.
- Added new presets for Phrase Arpeggiator and for the MIDI Key Mapper.
- Phrase arpeggiator is now optional.
- Moved phrase arpeggiator controls from the main toolbar to its editor window.
- Improved feedback time from interface elements (everything looks smoother now).
- Hidden “Save” from menu, to avoid confusion. It will be restored in a future update.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Squaredheads
Squaredheads has announced version 1.0 of Nora, a polyphonic phrase arpeggiator designed with real-time editing and workflow in mind.
Nora is a groundbreaking VST Phrase Editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to easily create MIDI phrases.
Its full contextual and intelligent interface along with its simplicity allows to create complex phrases almost instantly. Simply open DAW, add a few chords and play them.
Afterwards, load Nora and start adding, resizing, copying or moving notes. Everything operates in real time.
Changes in Nora v1.0
- New option for ignoring incoming MIDI velocities.
- New import license file button.
- 120 built-in ready to use patterns.
- Changed label “Groups” to “Octaves”.
- Expanded notes in each octave range, from 3 to 5, to 1 to 5.
- Slightly improved note resize behavior.
- Nora doesn’t generate D:\DFilter.xml and D:\IFilter.xml anymore. You can manually remove them if you wish.
- Fixed a crash with long phrase lengths and scrolling.
- Grid refresh works correctly when loading (from menu) phrases with different number of octaves and notes in each octave.
- Corners of moved ghost notes are drawn now with the right arc.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR. The demo version has also been updated (removed octaves and notes restriction, keeps interface settings if you close the main Nora window).
More information: Squareheads
Squaredheads has launched Nora, a VST phrase editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to easily create MIDI phrases.
Its full contextual and intelligent interface along with its simplicity allows to create complex phrases almost instantly. Simply open DAW, add a few chords and play them. Afterwards, load Nora and start adding, resizing, copying or moving notes. Everything operates in real time.
Forget endless menus with infinite options. Forget slow, tedious and non-intuitive tools. Say hello to one-click actions. Nora is the first in a series of editing tools that will take the idea of workflow to a whole new level.
- Complete real-time editing.
- Edit up to 5 octaves and up to 5 notes per octave.
- Load/save phrases through the browser.
- Auto/manual loop selection.
- Customizable phrase length.
- Intuitive tools, including zoom to any point and auxiliary mouse locations to define note start and note end.
- Two operation modes: synchronized with DAW or as a classic arpeggiator.
- Customizable grid for easy editing.
Nora for Windows(VST) is available for the introductory price of 34 EUR until May 20th, 2014 (regular 49 EUR).
More information: Squaredheads