Squaredheads has released version 2.0 of Nora, a pattern based arpeggiator / phrase sequencer that is designed to allows the creation of solo melodies, rhythmic basslines, or stabs.
Nora employs the workflow of a DAW for a creative, simple and quick edition with a complete integration among the modules. Nora can be sequenced by either a linear manner or by patterns triggered by MIDI.
Thanks to its polyphonic pianoroll technology and its real-time effects, Nora gives the user complete control over the arpeggiator pattern (note-length, overlapping notes/chords, velocities, spaces between notes, etc.)
The engine has been re-designed from scratch to offer more precision at the sample-level. This way, Nora produces an output that is loyal to the input, without perceptible latency. Moreover, it supports two operation modes: “Free”, a mode in which output notes are always in line with input chords, and “Static”, in which input chords are adapted to the notes of Nora, resulting in smoother changes. Nora now supports up to eight simultaneous tracks, each of them with an arpeggiator engine and individual settings, like MIDI routing.
Nora v2.0 features
- Sample accurate engine.
- Complete real-time edition.
- Edit up to 5 octaves and 5 notes per octave.
- 8 tracks with 8 independent arpeggiators.
- Playlist module: It allows each track being sequenced in two ways: As a classic DAW, or as a Pattern Chainer.
- Pattern editor with 24 pattern per track.
- 2 pattern-changing modes, controllable via MIDI: ‘In queue’, a mode in which each pattern waits for its turn to start playing and, ‘instant’ in which the change is played immediately, maintaining the synchrony with the DAW.
- Real-time quantizer with user-defined patterns.
- Randomizer engine that includes 2 random phrase generators and 2 mutators.
- Real-time velocity randomization.
- Two clock modes: It can work in synchrony with DAW or as a classic arpeggiator.
- More than 1200 presets.
- Play speed settings.
- MIDI rhythm import.
- Realtime MIDI output recording.
- Automatic mouse helpers to ease edition with small notes.
- Fully resizable interface.
- Several modes to navigate through the windows.
- Project management.
- Unlimited and independent undo / redo for each pattern.
- Very low CPU usage.
- Highly customizable interface with over 400 parameters.
- Includes the NoraHarm plugin for free, an Harmonizer / MIDI Key Mapper.
Nora for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available at an introductory discount of 15% until December 30th, 2014. Regular price 49 EUR.
More information: Squaredheads
Squaredheads has released version 1.4 of Nora, a phrase arpeggiator and MIDI key mapper plugin for Windows.
Nora is a MIDI toolset that employs advanced editing tools to create MIDI phrases with ease.
Its full contextual interface allows to create solo melodies, rhythmic basslines or stabs instantly. It may be used in both live and offline environment.
Nora has been recently updated to version 1.4 with a new tool: A MIDI Key Mapper, which can be used as a harmonizer, to create chord progressions, to transpose keys, etc.
Changes in Nora v1.4
- MIDI Key Mapper tool.
- Nudge actions: use keyboard cursors to move notes or nodes.
- Added new presets for Phrase Arpeggiator and for the MIDI Key Mapper.
- Phrase arpeggiator is now optional.
- Moved phrase arpeggiator controls from the main toolbar to its editor window.
- Improved feedback time from interface elements (everything looks smoother now).
- Hidden “Save” from menu, to avoid confusion. It will be restored in a future update.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Squaredheads
Squaredheads has announced version 1.0 of Nora, a polyphonic phrase arpeggiator designed with real-time editing and workflow in mind.
Nora is a groundbreaking VST Phrase Editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to easily create MIDI phrases.
Its full contextual and intelligent interface along with its simplicity allows to create complex phrases almost instantly. Simply open DAW, add a few chords and play them.
Afterwards, load Nora and start adding, resizing, copying or moving notes. Everything operates in real time.
Changes in Nora v1.0
- New option for ignoring incoming MIDI velocities.
- New import license file button.
- 120 built-in ready to use patterns.
- Changed label “Groups” to “Octaves”.
- Expanded notes in each octave range, from 3 to 5, to 1 to 5.
- Slightly improved note resize behavior.
- Nora doesn’t generate D:\DFilter.xml and D:\IFilter.xml anymore. You can manually remove them if you wish.
- Fixed a crash with long phrase lengths and scrolling.
- Grid refresh works correctly when loading (from menu) phrases with different number of octaves and notes in each octave.
- Corners of moved ghost notes are drawn now with the right arc.
Nora for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR. The demo version has also been updated (removed octaves and notes restriction, keeps interface settings if you close the main Nora window).
More information: Squareheads
Squaredheads has launched Nora, a VST phrase editor that utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to easily create MIDI phrases.
Its full contextual and intelligent interface along with its simplicity allows to create complex phrases almost instantly. Simply open DAW, add a few chords and play them. Afterwards, load Nora and start adding, resizing, copying or moving notes. Everything operates in real time.
Forget endless menus with infinite options. Forget slow, tedious and non-intuitive tools. Say hello to one-click actions. Nora is the first in a series of editing tools that will take the idea of workflow to a whole new level.
- Complete real-time editing.
- Edit up to 5 octaves and up to 5 notes per octave.
- Load/save phrases through the browser.
- Auto/manual loop selection.
- Customizable phrase length.
- Intuitive tools, including zoom to any point and auxiliary mouse locations to define note start and note end.
- Two operation modes: synchronized with DAW or as a classic arpeggiator.
- Customizable grid for easy editing.
Nora for Windows(VST) is available for the introductory price of 34 EUR until May 20th, 2014 (regular 49 EUR).
More information: Squaredheads