, compressor and limiter
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Dec 02, 2010 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has released version 5.8.0 of its software for UAD powered plug-ins.
UAD Software Version 5.8.0 represents a major step forward for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform. UAD v5.8.0 includes the amazing new Studer® A800 Mulitchannel Tape Recorder plug-in for UAD-2, and the officially-sanctioned SSL E Series Channel Strip and SSL G Series Bus Compressor plug-ins (formerly UAD 4K).
Changes in UAD Software Version 5.8.0
- New UAD-2 plug-in: UAD Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder.
- New UAD-2 plug-in: UAD SSL E Series Channel Strip.
- New UAD-2 plug-in: UAD SSL G Series Bus Compressor.
- (Mac) UAD drivers are now compatible with 64-bit kernel mode.
- (Mac) Mac OS 10.4.x “Tiger” is no longer supported.
The UAD Powered Plug-Ins v5.8 Software Installers are now available to download for PC and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Universal Audio
Solid State Logic has announced Nucleus, a unique, high quality DAW Controller and SuperAnalogue™ audio hub for professional project studios.
Nucleus re-defines the professional project studio with a combination of advanced DAW control, transparent SuperAnalogue™ monitoring, high class analogue mic pres, pro quality USB audio interface and bundled SSL Duende plug-ins. There is no other product available which offers the professional producer/engineer all these elements, with benchmark audio performance and elegant ergonomics. Not only is it unique but Nucleus is also outstanding value; these elements bought separately would cost more and deliver a less elegant solution.
Nucleus is a compact desktop unit that creates a comfortable, efficient, hands on operating environment for DAW based Music and Film/TV Post production. It provides everything you need to record and monitor audio and to control your DAW quickly and efficiently without resorting to your mouse. Nucleus streamlines your workflow and helps you focus on your sound, not your screen.
- Advanced DAW Controller
- HUI & MCU control; compatible with ProTools®, Logic®, Cubase/Nuendo® and all major DAW applications.
- Switch between 3 connected DAW’s with a single button press.
- Two banks of 8 channel controls plus centre section controls.
- Touch sensitive 100mm motorised faders.
- Digital Scribble Strips with assignable V-Pots and soft keys.
- Completely user customisable DAW & Key Command mapping.
- Large heavy duty transport buttons and high quality jog/shuttle wheel.
- Standard 1/4” Jack footswitch connection.
- Excellent visual feedback via self illuminating buttons, LED’s and DAW Level Metering.
- Remote Logictivity Browser for effortless configuration.
- SD card for non volatile project storage.
- Four USB sockets for use as a 4 port USB hub.
- Unique audio nerve centre for your project studio
- Benchmark SuperAnalogue™ quality output to separate +4dBu & -10dBV connections.
- High quality USB audio interface stereo record and playback path for your DAW.
- Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs to audio interface and monitor outputs.
- Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface.
- Zero latency Rec monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback.
- SSL SuperAnalogue™ Mic Pre’s, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles.
- Mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power.
- Insert send/return connections switched between inputs and DAW playback for mixdown.
- Additional ‘external’ SuperAnalogue™ input monitor path for another audio interface.
- Two headphone outputs and one iJack monitor input.
- The Duende Native Essentials Bundle
- Nucleus includes the Duende Native Essentials Bundle of VST/AU/RTAS plug-ins which includes; The SSL Channel EQ & Dynamics plug-in and the Stereo Bus Compressor plug-in.
Nucleus will be available from SSL Resellers Worldwide from Dec 2010 priced at £3000 GBP / 3599 EUR / $4999 USD (prices excl. VAT).
More information: Solid State Logic / Nucleus
Solid State Logic has announced the Stereo EQ Module, a new module for the X-Rack modular rack system.
The X-Rack Stereo EQ Module is a stereo version of SSL’s console Channel EQ. It is a classic SSL four-band parametric EQ that is a superb all round frequency adjustment tool kit. Whether you need pinpoint accuracy for surgical problem solving, smoother broader sound shaping, or a little more aggressive character the SSL Stereo EQ will give you what you need. This is a fully featured EQ with high- and low-bands switchable between shelving or fixed Q bell curves and two mid-bands each with variable Q control. This stereo version introduces a ‘Selective Mode’ switch which enables independent switching of high & low bands and mid bands between SSL’s E & G series console EQ characteristics to provide an even more versatile EQ design.
Stereo EQ Module features
- Stereo version of the XL 9000 K Channel Equaliser as used on Duality & AWS consoles.
- ‘Selective Mode’ E and G characteristic switching, which enables independent switching of high & low bands and mid bands between E or G curves.
- High and low-bands switchable between shelving and fixed Q Bell curves.
- EQ IN switch for A/B comparison.
- Rear panel connections on balanced TRS Jack.
- TotalRecall™ status LEDs.
More information: Solid State Logic / Stereo EQ Module
Solid State Logic has released the X-Patch Remote Control, a free iPhone App for SSL’s X-Patch analogue routing matrix.
The X-Patch Remote Control from Solid State Logic® searches a network over Wi-Fi for SSL’s X-Patch devices and then lists and recalls the in-built Logictivity® presets. There are up to 128 presets per X-Patch found, and where more than one X-Patch is found, each device can be independently selected and controlled.
Solid State Logic has evolved over the past 40 years to become the world’s leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for film, audio, video and broadcast professionals.
X-Patch is designed to deliver the flexibility of plug-in style routing to boutique analogue signal processing. X-Patch allows analogue signal processing units to be built into favourite processing chains and then easily placed into signal paths, for example, favourite Mic Pre, EQ & Dynamics processors recalled as the perfect vocal chain at a single stroke.
At its heart, X-Patch is an ‘intelligent’ 16×16 SuperAnalogue(tm) audio routing matrix. Control of this sophisticated processing is made simple through SSL’s unique Logictivity Browser; this allows the graphical creation of X-Y routes and chains with all configurations able to be saved as presets.
In a studio environment X-Patch speeds up workflow and aids creativity by reducing the constant physical re-patching required when using only a patch bay for routing. Each X-Patch unit also has local MIDI IO for connection to footswitches and other utility MIDI program change devices.
X-Patch Remote Control is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.
More information: Solid State Logic / X-Patch Remote Control
Solid State Logic (SSL) has announced the release of Soundscape V6, a high performance DAW for mission critical applications.
Soundscape V6 is the next evolutionary leap for the well established and respected Soundscape DAW. Designed for mission critical applications including Live Recording, Broadcast and Restoration, Soundscape is distinctive by its no-nonsense approach to workflow and reliability.
Building on the highly robust performance for which Soundscape has deservedly become known, Soundscape V6, in combination with the new MX4 PCIe card, provides ultra reliable performance, benchmark audio quality and a feature set designed for challenging professional environments. Headline features include; 128 channel simultaneous recording, benchmark audio quality, SSL Console Bundle plug-ins, dual 64 channel MADI I/O ports, exceptionally low latency, extremely versatile routing and monitoring options, local or networked file storage, 64-bit drivers and extremely efficient utilisation of multi-core processors.
Soundscape V6 Key Features
- High channel count – up to 128 channels of simultaneous audio record/playback.
- Optimized for real time performance – near zero latency, sophisticated monitoring options.
- Total reliability – extremely robust system delivers industrial strength stability.
- Requires MX4 PCIe card – dual 64 channel I/O, DSP, multi-core multi-client drivers.
- Sounds superb – benchmark SSL audio quality inside the box from recording to mixdown.
- Highly evolved User Interface – streamlined Audio Editing with many workflow options.
- SSL channel EQ, Dynamics and Bus Comp plug-ins – DSP powered legendary SSL sound inside the box.
- Hybrid Core Processing – 64 Bit drivers utilising MX4 card DSP and multi core host processing.
- Multi format projects – 16/24 Bit & different file formats on a single track without converting.
- Local or networked collaboration – multiple users connected via standard Gigabit Ethernet.
Soundscape V6 will be available from May 2010. The standard MX4 & Soundscape V6 bundle will be priced £1558 GBP + Tax / 2448 EUR + Tax. A range of upgrade bundle options will be available to existing Soundscape owners.
More information: Solid State Logic / Soundscape
, drum machine
, Empirical Labs
, samples and sound libraries
, Thermionic Culture
, Wave Alchemy
Posted in news
on Feb 12, 2010 - 5 comments
Wave Alchemy has announced the release of Drum Tools 01 – Minimal Techno & Tech House, a collection of electronic drum samples.
Drum Tools 01 offers over 1950 exquisitely produced electronic drum samples. All sounds in the collection have been built from the ground up using a jaw-dropping array of analogue circuitry and exclusive high-end outboard gear. Great care has been taken to capture the tone / vibe and warmth of the equipment used and all sample editing and file naming has been done by hand for maximum precision.
The drum samples in Drum Tools 01 have been created by the creative layering and processing of drum machines, exotic synthesizers / modulars, field recordings and the recording of live drum and percussive instruments.
Drum Tools 01 is an essential purchase for anyone looking for high quality, 100% original drum samples. Although designed with Minimal techno & Tech House music in mind, Drum Tools 01 would also make an essential toolkit for producers of House, Trance, Electro or even down-tempo / hip-hop styles.
Drum Tools 01 – Minimal Techno & Tech House features
- 1950 24-bit 100% royalty free electronic drum hits!
- A professionally dithered 16-bit version of the full library for hardware sampler enthusiasts
- 472 premium kick drum samples arranged by tone (deep, punchy, solid, processed, 808 & fx)
- 251 snare drum samples arranged by type (classic, layered, punchy, processed & noise)
- 594 exotic percussion samples created with a wealth of highly sought-after studio gear and divided into such folders as ‘blips & pops’ ‘toms & tones’ ‘world’ ‘analogue synth’ ‘driven digital’ & ‘miscellaneous’
- 125 luxurious claps and snaps
- 141 hi hat & creative noise samples
- 75 glitch shots devised from exclusive analogue circuitry
- 62 minimal stabs and chord hits
- 88 sound effects samples
- 26 uniquely layered crash cymbal sounds
- 58 drum creation tools including snaps & sub enhancers
- Ableton Live 8 pack (requires latest version of live)
- 13 drum kits including sampler patches for Battery, Kontakt, Reason NNXT, Halion, EXS24 and SFZ
- 42 bonus tb-303 licks + much more
Drum Tools 01 – Minimal Techno & Tech House is available to purchase for £39.95 GBP. A generous selection of free sounds from Drum Tools 01 is available to download from the product page (free registration required).
More information: Wave Alchemy / Drum Tools 01 – Minimal Techno & Tech House