Stanton has introduced the RM.416, a mixer for the demanding mobile or club DJ featuring a vast array of traditional/USB channels & connectivity for DJing or recording in real-time.
The RM.416 is the latest in Stanton’s RM (Rack Mount) series of mixers. Stanton, an industry leader in the design and manufacture of professional audio products for DJs, has created an exceptional mixer for the most demanding mobile or club DJ. With four channels coupled with two microphone channels—in addition to a vast array of traditional connectivity—the RM.416 features a USB connection for either playing music from your favorite application or recording your mix in real-time.
Additionally, the RM.416 offers a subwoofer output with built-in crossover control, minimizing the need for an external crossover while maintaining the ability to adjust the output to perfectly match your sound system. All of these features are packed into a 4-space rack unit with a rugged metal inner chassis ensuring that the components are protected from damage and assuring a long product life.
Stanton RM.416 Rackmount Mixer
- 4 Channel 19” rackmount mixer.
- Soft power on/off for silent operation.
- 2 Front panel microphone inputs with Gain and 3-band EQ.
- USB connection for recording to or playback from a computer.
- 3 Band EQ per channel (-26 dB to +10 dB).
- Subwoofer output with gain and crossover (40Hz-200Hz) control.
- VCA crossfader reduces noise and improves life of fader.
- User replaceable crossfader and linefaders.
- Balanced XLR master output with trim control.
- Balanced p” zone output (Booth/Aux out).
- 3 Microphone, 8 stereo line, and 3 stereo phono/line switchable inputs.
- Talkover control for front panel microphone inputs.
- A / B / Bypass crossfader assign per channel.
- Signal indicator for each channel.
- 10 segment LED metering for master output.
- Versatile cueing section with cue/master mix control.
- Illuminated CUE and Fader Start buttons.
- Unbalanced Stereo RCA record output.
- Internal power supply (AC 110-240V switchable).
- Fader start control for triggering external CD players with crossfader.
- Mono / Stereo switch for master output.
More information: Stanton / RM.416
Posted in news
on Aug 01, 2009
Stanton DJ has announced software updates to their SCS.1 and SCS.3 product lines.
The SC System is Stanton’s innovative line of digital controllers for the professional DJ, and is currently comprised of the SCS.1d deck controller, SCS.1m mix controller, the SCS.3d touch sensitive deck controller, and the SCS.3m touch sensitive mix controller. The free software updates enhance the System’s features and compatibility with leading industry applications.
The updates consist of a new version of DaRouter, Stanton’s innovative MIDI and system control software that allows the SC System controllers the ability to send and receive information from host applications. For the SCS.1 products, the new version has automatic firmware checking and updates, improvements for better performance of scratch detection and encoders, and a more responsive motorized slider. New DaRouter presets for SCS.1 and SCS.3 series components provide indirect and direct support for Traktor Pro, PCDJ, and Virtual DJ programs, DJ Decks, Tracktor LE, Mixx, and Deckadance. The SCS.1 also benefits from new firmware that improves its MIDI timing and accuracy and reduces latency.
Other improvements to DaRouter software include
- Master preset allows for 1 preset to encompass the following hardware setups (2 decks x 1 mixer; 1 deck x 1 mixer; 2 decks standalone; 1 deck standalone; 1 mixer standalone).
- New pitch slider control logic.
- Presets decoupled from deck and mixer. Both products can change controls of encoders without being linked.
- New deck select logic allows direct access to any onscreen deck by holding deck select button. Also multiple physical decks can be assigned to the same deck.
- Quick switching between presets: tap a preset on the hardware to change. Press and hold to change a parameter and automatically switch back to previous control.
- FX preset drastically updated; FX selection possible by holding the preset button. Every Traktor effect shows up on the LCD’s when selecting and using.
- Major updates to mixer presets including Transport (allows for scrubbing, pitch control, sync control, and pitch bends all from the mixer), Loop/beat jump (allows for looping, moving and beat jumps all from the mixer), FX1 and FX2 (allows FX selection by name and all parameters shown, plus various other feature improvements).
The updates are available now for free download at: www.enterthesystem.com
More information: Stanton DJ
, Open Labs
Posted in news
on May 20, 2009
Image-Line has released version 1.5 of Deckadance, the DJ mixing software for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance 1.5 is available for MAC and PC and gains a new audio engine with an amazing high quality of the sound. Version 1.5 now supports batch beat-analysis of the songs (reducing load times/CPU load during a performance) and time-stretching/compression technology. DJs can enjoy new playlist design with variable font sizes, view modes and the ability to import iTunes playlists.
To aid setup, the input and outputs of the program now appear as stereo channels making installation and routing of audio inputs/outputs more intuitive. Finally, users can choose between “Auto” or “Manual” beatgrid analysis modes, on a song-by-song basis, according to their preferences and the complexity of the source audio.
Also new in Deckadance v1.5
- Native support for the latest generation of MIDI controllers (Vestax VCI-300, DJ-Tech Kontrol One, Stanton SCS-3D, Hercules DJ Control Steel, EKS Otus, Omnitronic MMC-1).
- Improved seek waveform that shows the start and cue points.
- OpenGL render engine for Windows.
- Unicode support for playlist/browser items.
- Beatgrid move via mouse over the waveform.
- Improved DVS engine when elastique time-stretching is disabled, etc.
- Option to switch between the old and new sound engine by the improved interface of the setup panel.
- Fully compatible with Open Labs DBeat portable DJ instruments.
Deckadance is available for purchase with a 20% discount until 20 June, 2009 (regular price is $179 USD for the Club Edition, $99 USD for the House Edition.
A fully functional demo version of Deckadance 1.5 is available for download here.
Visit Image-Line for more information.
Image-Line has released version 1.5 (RC) of Deckadance, a DJ mixing application for Windows and Mac.
Deckadance is a DJ mixing application that works either as a standalone program OR as a VSTi plugin inside your favourite host.
You can control Deckadance using your mouse, keyboard & most existing midi controllers & timecoded vinyl and CD systems.
Changes in Deckadance v1.5
- Deckadance 1.5.0
- Batch analysis of songs.
- Added native support for Vestax VCI-300.
- New beatgrid move via mouse over the waveform (SHIFT+CLICK+MOVE).
- Improved DVS engine when elastique time-stretching is disabled.
- Improved loop/leap exit function (more smoother now).
- Improved cue jump when loop/leap is active (it will be disabled automatically).
- Fix a bug when unplug midi devices at runtime on windows computers.
- Fix several bugs and maintenance.
- Deckadance 1.4.6
- Fix a problem when dropping songs into decks.
- Fix a problem when scracthing with some controllers.
- Deckadance 1.4.5
- Added BPM read from ID3 tags.
- Added support to load/import iTunes playlists.
- Improved audio engine (more faster now).
- Improved automix engine (fixed some problems).
- Improved Windows graphic render (waveforms & fonts).
- Improved Windows open folder dialog.
- Fix a problem in the browser search function (related to case sensitive words).
- Fix a problem with the “start in beat sync” feature.
- New OpenGl render engine for Windows.
- New Font size function (small, medium, large).
- New Playlist size function (small, medium, large).
- Added function to select “Auto” or “Manual” beatgrid mode.
- New support for ID3V1 and ID3V2 tags.
- New unicode support for playlist/browser items.
- Improved playlist/browser drawing.
- Added support for Dj-Tech Kontrol One.
- Added support for Stanton SCS-3D.
- Added support for Hercules Dj Control Steel.
Deckadance is available for Windows and Mac starting at $99 USD. New customers can use this promo link for 10% discount.
Visit Image-Line for more information.
djDecks, a computer mixing program for both beginning and professional DJ’s, has been updated to version 0.94.
This version brings support for the EKS Otus and the Stanton SCS.3d DaScratch. It also introduces a new tag database, which improves browsing speed and allows for dynamic playlists (based on queries) to be created. As always there have also been various other fixes and improvements.
Changes in djDecks v0.94
- Added: EKS Otus controller support
- Added: Stanton SCS.3d DaScratch controller support
- Added: Create and edit Smart Playlists (dynamically generated)
- Added: Option to disable tempocontrol while doing effects
- Added: Sampler can be controlled using HC-4500 controller
- Added: Support for Edcast Winamp plugin for streaming
- Added: Dump effect
- Improved: Completely new tag database (improves loading and browsing speed)
- Improved: Reading iTunes playlists is much faster now
- Improved: Compatibility with Denon HS-3700 controller
- Improved: Selecting and re-ordering columns in playlist can now be done by right-clicking the header
- Improved: Compatibility with 64-bit Windows versions
- Fixed: Some crashes that could occur with certain mp3, wma and wav files
- Fixed: BPM Detection utility stores settings correctly on Vista
- Fixed: Various sampler bugs
- Fixed: Problem with unicode characters in ogg and flac tags
djDecks is available for Windows PC for 117 EUR (~$154 USD). A demo version with all features of the full version is available for download here (stops working after 30 minutes of use).
Visit djDecks for more information.