Steinberg has released version 5.1 of HALion, and version 4.2 of Groove Agent, updating its renowned VST instruments with many enhancements and new features.
HALion 5 is Steinberg’s VST sampler and sound creation system, marrying sampling technology with the very latest in virtual synthesis. Its functional depth and flexibility allow sound designers the freedom to push their creative envelope.
The 5.1 update provides many workflow improvements and adds many tools and features to the HALion sampler, introducing eight new effects, new looping modes, sample editing tools and the vintage playback modes.
The Groove Agent 4 drum workstation comprises different drum modules each specialized in certain acoustic and electronic drum styles. With its additional capabilities to program patterns, mix drum tracks and add effects, Groove Agent is multi-role virtual drummer that leaves little room.
Groove Agent 4.2 now offers more integration with Follow Transport and direct MIDI routing to the plug-in host, advanced Note Repeat functionalities, individual control of the pattern pads in each Agent, a new alternate loop mode as well as providing several workflow improvements suggested by Groove Agent users.
“We’ve been listening closely to our customers and many of the new features are centered around their requests,” said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “It’s safe to say that these point updates will find a wide acceptance among users.”
Both 5.1 and 4.2 updates for HALion 5 and Groove Agent 4, respectively, are freely available as downloads from the Steinberg website.
More information: Steinberg
Steinberg has released version 8.0.5 of Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8.
This updates addresses various issues in regards to the new window handling on PC Windows systems, especially with plug-ins, which are set to “Always on Top”.
In addition, the following issues have been fixed.
Changes in Cubase v8.0.5
- Fixed an issue where clicking on “Register now…” had no effect (Mac OS X only).
- Fixed an issue where using “Start License Activation” had no effect (Mac OS X only).
- Fixed an issue where changing tempo affected the volume of channels in a VCA Fader Link Group.
- Fixed an issue that allowed VCA Faders to be included in their own Link Groups.
- Fixed an issue where missing input ports caused a distorted sound.
- Fixed an issue that rendered the application unresponsive when Lanes were used.
- Fixed an issue where the automatic Hitpoint detection rendered the application unreliable when large audio files were used.
- Fixed an issue where the song position pointer was left visible on screen when minimizing the application window.
- Fixed an issue where the VST Bass Amp plug-in rendered the application unreliable.
- Fixed a latency issue with monitoring when using VST Connect SE 3 in input buses.
- Fixed an issue with wrong user interface scaling on PC Windows systems using high-resolution displays.
The updates are now available to download.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase
Steinberg has announced the UR12, its latest USB 2.0 audio interface, featuring 192 kHz audio quality, class compliant support for the iPad alongside a microphone input with D-PRE preamplifier, one high-impedance line input plus line outputs.
The front side of the UR12 interface comprises one Neutrik XLR connector for microphones, and a high-impedance jack input, each with gain control and peak indicator. The panel also includes a headphones output, a master output volume control together with a direct monitor switch for zero-latency monitoring of the input signal. The rear panel features the analog RCA outputs, one USB 2.0 port and one mini USB port for connecting an optional USB power adapter plus a +48 V phantom power switch on channel 1 and power source selector for both USB ports.
The UR12 guarantees pristine sonic fidelity due to the studio-grade converters that feature a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz and 24-bit resolution alongside the built-in discrete Class-A analog D-PRE microphone preamplifier by Yamaha.
Freely available as download to all UR12 customers, Cubase AI provides a comprehensive set of tools for recording, mixing and editing audio. The UR12 is compatible with other major recording software applications, supports the iPad in class-compliant mode and includes drivers for Windows and OS X systems.
Product marketing manager for hardware, Stefan Schreiber, commented: “Together with Yamaha, we’ve come up with an extremely affordable interface that boasts an impressive feature set. If one adds its portable size, the all-metal casing and superb audio quality to the bill it’s clear that the UR12 is the first choice for mobile setups and small-spaced recording studios.”
The UR12 audio interface will be shipping in January 2015, priced at MSRP 119 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / UR12
Steinberg has introduced Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8, the latest iterations of Steinberg’s music production systems, which combine best audio quality and smooth operation with a sheer endless number of advanced audio and MIDI tools for composition, recording, editing and mixing.
For the past quarter of a century Cubase has been the go-to DAW for many professionals around the world. Today, Cubase delivers a considerably higher performance, puts users more firmly in control, and incorporates more serious tools and innovative technologies than ever before. Adding “Pro” to the biggest version of the latest range represents the evolution of Steinberg’s award-winning music production system.
The new line-up of Cubase witnesses a performance boost owing to its entire audio engine rebuild, extending the buffering ASIO-Guard to improve the audio processing performance for multi-timbral and disk-streaming featured instrument tracks.
Exclusive features of Cubase Pro 8 are VCA faders and virgin territories. The all-new VCA faders emulate the control of channel gain with DC voltage, moving an entire fader group through a single master fader. Taking it a step further is the Combine VCA fader automation feature, which combines the VCA fader automation curve with that of a controlled fader or fader groups. Another addition to automation tools is virgin territories, omitting redundant automation data between automated events.
Both Pro and Artist versions now offer render in-place capability, allowing users to bounce MIDI and audio parts for a more flexible and efficient workflow, offering a wide range of bounce settings.
Cubase Pro 8 features
- State-of-the-art music production system used by thousands of professionals around the world.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks.
- MixConsole provides the ultimate mixing experience with unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,000 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine.
- Complete suite of 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more.
- VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows, TrackVersions for playlists-like editing, and render in-place for simplified editing tasks.
- VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect.
- Chord track and pads for easy chord management and re-harmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences.
- VST Expression 2 for unique instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level.
- Professional music notation and score printing.
Cubase Artist 8 features
- Complete music production system, offering a set of superb audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools.
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
- Supports 128 MIDI and 64 simultaneous audio tracks.
- MixConsole provides the stellar mixing experience with full flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound.
- 8 outstanding instruments with over 2,600 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine.
- Includes a suite of 53 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction and VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, Quadrafuzz v2 and more!
- Chord track and chord pads for easy chord composing and management.
- Thousands of MIDI construction loops as building blocks to create songs in only a few steps.
- Streamlined score editing feature set.
Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8 are available for pre-order from December 3rd, 2014. Shipping begins on December 8th, 2014. The suggested retail price for Cubase Pro 8 is 549 EUR; Cubase Artist 8 is 299 EUR. Prices including German VAT. Various downloadable updates and upgrades are exclusively available through the Steinberg Online Shop from December 3, 2014.
Customers who have activated Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 since October 15, 2014, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version.
More information: Steinberg / Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8
Steinberg has launched its Black Friday Sale, offering 50% off selected VST instruments.
There’s no better way to celebrate the Black Friday than to get your hands on our high-quality VST Instruments at an unbelievable price. Gear up your arsenal of instruments with HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Neo Soul Keys, Triebwerk, Dark Planet or Hypnotic Dance and save 50%!
This weekend only! Offer ends on Sunday, November 30.
To take advantage of our Black Friday special sale, go to the Steinberg Online Shop, select your favourite product and enter the following coupon code in the shopping cart:
More information: Steinberg
More posts that match this tag
Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS. Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Metronomic Cinema, the second expansion pack for the virtual drum workstation Groove Agent 4, and its condensed version Groove Agent SE 4, featuring acoustic, electronic and percussive drum kits … read more
Steinberg has released version 6.5.35 of Nuendo, the audio post-production software. Besides extensive product maintenance for the AAF import and export filter as well as new AAF functionality, this update provides full support for PROXIMITY, … read more
M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces. The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with … read more
Steinberg has announced upcoming music production workshops in the United Kingdom. Together with Yamaha and sE Electronics, Steinberg has scheduled tour dates from Poole in the South to Perth up in Scotland. As a part … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Prime Cuts, a new expansion pack for the previously released virtual drum software, Groove Agent 4, and Groove Agent SE 4 included in Cubase 7.5, comprising a premium hip … read more
NUGEN Audio has announced that its entire family of professional audio plug-ins is now compliant with Steinberg’s Virtual Studio Technology 3 (VST3) standard. Moving forward, all future releases of NUGEN Audio’s plug-ins will be VST3-compatible. … read more
Steinberg has released the UR22 Production Studio, a limited edition package that consists of the compact UR22 audio interface, the latest version of Cubase Elements and WabeLab LE alongside the sE Electronics Magneto studio microphone, … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Granular Guitars, the second signature expansion pack exclusively for the Padshop and Padshop Pro granular synthesizers, created by composer and designer Simon Stockhausen. Granular Guitars is an expansion pack … read more
Steinberg is has announced the availability of new maintenance updates for Cubase and Nuendo. The 7.5.30 update for Cubase/Cubase Artist and the 6.5.30 update for Nuendo improve the performance when importing a large number of … read more
Steinberg has launched Groove Agent 4, the drum workstation that comprises different drum modules each specialized in certain acoustic and electronic drum styles. Together with its additional capabilities to program patterns easily, mix drum tracks, … read more
Steinberg has released Nuendo 6.5, the latest version of its post and audio production software which includes a significant amount of professional tools and functionality, such as enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time. Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to … read more
Steinberg has released version 8.5.10 of WaveLab, adding several improvements in areas such as plug-ins, user interface and audio montage. This maintenance update introduces the following improvements: The performance of the Loop Tweaker function has … read more
Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise … read more