Steinberg has released Nuendo 6.5, the latest version of its post and audio production software which includes a significant amount of professional tools and functionality, such as enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a vastly improved Automatic Dialog Replacement (ADR) taker system.
The optional Nuendo Expansion Pack (NEK) also receives a 6.5 update that complements Nuendo’s comprehensive tool set with many features earlier introduced to Cubase 7.5.
“If I had to single out one feature in this latest point update, I would choose our ADR taker system which has undergone refinements that add to its reliability and expand the possibilities for recording voice and foley,” commented Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Fredo Gevaert, owner of Temple of Tune, one of Belgium’s leading post-production studios, adds: “Here at Temple of Tune we’re madly in love with the ADR toolset improvements, which we’ve secretly been using for foley recording, too. The track destinations and event naming are massive time savers.”
Nuendo 6.5 features
- Automated loudness processing to both industry standards such as EBU R128 and fully user-definable settings.
- Professional bass management including several routing and filter options coming with the new Bass Manager plug-in.
- ADR Taker 2.0 introduces a major update of Nuendo’s ADR taker system with enhancements for voice and foley recording such as new playback/recording modes, automated naming schemes and pre-record buffer.
- Nuendo TrackVersions allows for creating, renaming and managing parallel versions of the same track plus many additional features far beyond conventional playlists.
- Track visibility management speeds up handling especially of large projects by offering dynamic displaying of audio tracks and groups in the project window.
- Improved AAF Filter now supports even better import/export to Pro Tools and Media Composer.
- New monitoring and metering section for better source management and better overview on the most frequently used functions.
- Experience a richer sound with REVelation reverb and Magneto 2, a warm and smooth tape saturation plug-in.
- Track Quick Controls can now be saved as presets and loaded for immediate access.
- Steinberg Hub with direct access to user-defined folders and news section for the latest Nuendo product updates.
Nuendo 6.5 is available for MSRP 1,699 EUR. The Nuendo Expansion Kit 6.5 is 249 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Nuendo
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time.
Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to any musician connected to the Internet through a computer or iPad running VST Connect Performer.
VST Connect Performer transmits audio data from the iPad to the host computer and establishes a communications uplink between musicians and producers.
VST Connect Performer requires a peer-to-peer connection with VST Connect SE (included in Cubase versions 7.5 and 7 and Nuendo versions 6.5 and 6) or VST Connect Pro.
“VST Connect Performer’s finally available for the iPad. This means that musicians and producers collaborating with studios running VST Connect don’t need a laptop or computer but can stream their performance directly from the iPad. And the display’s real estate gives users sufficient room to navigate easily around the app,” said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
VST Connect Performer features
- Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world.
- Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync.
- Cue mix section for optimal recording environment.
- Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material (VST Connect Pro only).
- Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels (VST Connect Pro only).
- Up to 192 kHz and 24-bit audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files (VST Connect Pro only).
- LAN support for connections in your local network (VST Connect Pro only).
VST Connect Performer for iPad is now available to purchase through the App Store for 4.49 EUR incl. German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / VST Connect Performer
Steinberg has released version 8.5.10 of WaveLab, adding several improvements in areas such as plug-ins, user interface and audio montage.
This maintenance update introduces the following improvements:
- The performance of the Loop Tweaker function has been improved.
- The performance when editing large clip lists has been improved.
- The 64-bit version of WaveLab now supports the Renovator plug-in from Algorithmix.
- The local ruler of a clip now benefits from an improved color scheme that enhances the visibility of numeric values and markers.
A full list of changes can be found on the download page.
The update is free for users of WaveLab 8.5 and can be downloaded from the Steinberg website.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab
Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad.
The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise gate plug-in, bluetooth audio support as well as a handful of usability improvements make Cubasis even more fun to use.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.1
- New Features:
- Bluetooth, AirPlay and HDMI audio out support.
- New noise gate effect.
- Extended transport controls in the audio editor.
- Setup redesign.
- Selecting a channel in the mixer automatically scrolls its corresponding track into the visible area above the mixer.
- After splitting an event only the newer part becomes selected.
- Selecting a track is now also possible by touching its adjacent area in the arrange window.
- When recording with the on-board keyboard the corresponding MIDI track gets autoscrolled into the visible area above the keyboard.
- Double-tap resets the values of the transpose popup.
- Mixer view gets updated if a track has been selected and its corresponding channel in the mixer is invisible.
- Behaviour of MIDI and automation editor tools has been improved.
- Tempo popup button behaviour has been improved.
- Pasting MIDI events in the MIDI editor is no longer limited to one-time use.
- Volume and pan values of a frozen track that contain automation data will now be reset.
- Fixes a problem where the recording of chord pads was limited to single notes (instead of chords).
- Triggering MIDI notes in cycle mode via external keyboard no longer leads to a note off command at the end of the cycle.
- Fixes an issue where autoscroll was unnecessarily triggered if an audio event handle was moved.
- Snap and quantization grid settings are now saved with the project.
- Freezing a track during playback at high CPU load no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Setup view will now be properly closed when switching to another view.
- Audio editor playback now stops exactly at the right locator.
- Fixes a rare problem where certain MIDI files (Format 1) were imported as single tracks.
- MIDI Inputs assignment with external apps now works as expected.
- Punch in recording now works as expected.
Steinberg also released the new 1.6 version of the Cubasis Project Importer extension for Cubase.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis for iOS
Homegrown Sounds has launched Analog IR for iZotope Iris and Analog PS for Steinberg PadShop Pro.
Analog IR provides 110 Beautiful Pads for Izotope IRIS using the Analog Sample Collection as building blocks. Instruments are constructed using 1-3 Samples and take full advantage of the Spectral Features of IRIs and most have Aftertouch assigned to the Filter Cutoff. The intention was to provide musically useful Pads full of texture and movement. All 209 WAVs that form the Analog Sample collection are also available to explore when creating your own sounds.
Analog PS brings 200+ Pads to Padshop Pro. The sampled instruments in the Analog collection were designed on an Elektron Analog 4 containing mostly Musical Instruments with a few FX thrown in. There are 10 Different Presets for each of the 200 instruments in a different style, each style making use of Padshop’s synth engine, which adds up to 2000 Presets. All presets use Aftertouch and the Modulation Wheel for live manipulation of various parameters.
The soundsets are available for the introductory price of $20 USD each until July 7th, 2014 (regular $35 USD each).
More information: Homegrown Sounds
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.5, an update to its audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
WaveLab 8.5, the latest generation of the ultimate audio editing and mastering suite, is shipping now and ready for taking your audio to perfection. The brand-new version adds valuable new features and accelerates workflows for essential audio tasks such as batch processing, file rendering and working with encoders.
Changes in WaveLab 8.5
- Watch Folders: Drag-and-drop automated offline-processing feature, using standard folders of the operating system to process and render audio files.
- Encoder Checker: Compare and contrast codec quality and settings on the fly without perceivable latency and with up to three streams simultaneously, such as MP3, AAC and OGG Vorbis.
- Multi-format rendering: Render to multiple audio file formats simultaneously and save encoding chains as presets.
- AAC Encoder: Encode straight to AAC formats, such as HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, HD-AAC and 3GPP, for compatibility to Apple products, such as iTunes, iPod and iPhone.
WaveLab 8.5 is available for purchase for MSRP 549 EUR. The WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 is MSRP 49.99 EUR. Prices including German VAT.
A free grace period upgrade is available for those who activated WaveLab 8 after January 29th, 2014.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab 8.5
Homegrown Sounds has announced Awakenings PS, a sound library for the Padshop Pro synthesizer instrument by Steinberg.
Awakenings-PSAwakenings is brought into the world of Padshop Pro, Steinbergs Granular Synthesizer. There 200 hand crafted Sampled Instruments from Awakenings a collection of sounds originally designed for Kosm ology Awakenings.
There are 10 Different Presets for each of the 200 instruments in a different style, each style making use of Padshop’s synth engine, which adds up to 2000 Presets. All presets use Aftertouch and the Modulation Wheel for live manipulation of various parameters.
The sound pack is available for purchase for the introductory price of $20 USD (regular $35 USD).
More information: Homegrown Sounds / Awakenings PS