Steinberg has launched its Black Friday Sale, offering 50% off selected VST instruments.
There’s no better way to celebrate the Black Friday than to get your hands on our high-quality VST Instruments at an unbelievable price. Gear up your arsenal of instruments with HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Neo Soul Keys, Triebwerk, Dark Planet or Hypnotic Dance and save 50%!
This weekend only! Offer ends on Sunday, November 30.
To take advantage of our Black Friday special sale, go to the Steinberg Online Shop, select your favourite product and enter the following coupon code in the shopping cart:
More information: Steinberg
Steinberg has released version 1.8.3 of Cubasis, a sequencer app for iOS.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Changes in Cubasis v1.8.3
- Implements latest Audiobus SDK (v2.1.5).
- MediaBay folders remember their state.
- Loading times of projects (subsequent loads) and undo/redo times have been greatly improved.
- Inserting Cubasis as input and output in Audiobus now works as expected again.
- Fixes a problem where triggering Cubasis with specific hardware controllers could lead to hanging and missing notes.
- Fixes an issue where the use of sustain led to hanging notes.
- Deleted audio events will now be restored correctly when performing Undo or project renaming tasks.
- Solves a critical issue where performing Undo on an edited audio file could result in data loss.
- Fixes a problem where trimmed audio events could not be restored to their original state.
- Cycle playback in audio editor now works as expected.
- Changing the locator position in the audio editor no longer results in start of playback.
- Fixes a rare issue where the playback in the audio editor could be started twice simultaneously.
- Playhead located in audio editor remains in its current position once playback has been stopped.
- Fixes a graphical issue that appeared at maximum magnification in the audio editor.
- The audio editor’s rewind button no longer triggers a playhead preview sound.
- Fixes a problem where selecting no instrument on an audio track renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Dropping files from the MediaBay onto frozen tracks is no longer possible.
- Fixes a problem where file renaming with special characters (such as emoticons) could lead to missing audio files.
- Undo steps remain available once a project has been renamed.
- Fixes a rare problem where no audio event is created after audio has been recorded.
- Glueing MIDI parts no longer restores hidden events.
- Switching from bars to seconds and performing zoom and scroll gestures no longer leads to fade out of the audio editor ruler labels.
- Several In-App help iOS 8 improvements.
- Scrolling the In-App help content on devices with iOS 8 now works as expected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue on devices with iOS 8 where the home button of the In-App help became non-functional.
- Fixes a rare problem where the Audiobus panel remained empty (app icons and controls were missing).
- AudioCopy rendered Cubasis unreliable.
- Use of Undo/redo lead in some cases to loss of audio file data.
- A problem with the positioning of automation events has been solved.
- Help typo correction.
The app is available for purchase for $49.99 USD.
More information: Steinberg / Cubasis
Steinberg has announced the release of Metronomic Cinema, the second expansion pack for the virtual drum workstation Groove Agent 4, and its condensed version Groove Agent SE 4, featuring acoustic, electronic and percussive drum kits specifically designed for movie scores.
Metronomic Cinema comprises thirty first-class kits and over 750 samples that are entirely new to the world of Groove Agent. Adding both recorded acoustic drums and the latest electronic sounds to one’s library provides a wealth of percussive and tonal elements covering ambient, heavy and epic styles.
Product marketing manager Matthias Quellmann commented: “This is a nod to the composers who use Groove Agent for big-picture scoring and enjoy unique percussive sounds to round out their instrumental palette.”
Metronomic Cinema features
- 30 production kits across dozens of presets, inspired by contemporary motion picture soundtracks.
- Hundreds of acoustic and electronic sounds covering ambient, heavy and epic styles.
- Exclusive, meticulously recorded acoustic samples including drum kits, percussion, FX and melodic sounds.
Metronomic Cinema for Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent SE 4 is available for purchase for 39.99 EUR, including German VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Metronomic Cinema
Steinberg has released version 6.5.35 of Nuendo, the audio post-production software.
Besides extensive product maintenance for the AAF import and export filter as well as new AAF functionality, this update provides full support for PROXIMITY, the upcoming game audio surround technology by IOSONO/Barco.
PROXIMITY game audio technology
IOSONO PROXIMITY is a new audio technology standard that “raises the gaming experience to the next level of realism”. PROXIMITY ensures a highly accurate localization of game sounds by bringing sound effects and dialog into the inner circle of a surround field. Sounds come closer with depth, extending into the room from the speakers all the way to the listener’s position. For sound designers, PROXIMITY is a powerful new tool in their content creation toolbox, realizing great effects with only little effort. Through the integration into Nuendo, PROXIMITY technology seamlessly slips into existing workflows for game sound design.
Fully integrated with Nuendo 6.5.35
Nuendo 6.5.35 provides full support for the PROXIMITY technology by updating the integrated surround panner Anymix Pro to the Anymix Pro PROXIMITY version. As soon as Anymix Pro is used with a PROXIMITY bus inside Nuendo, it turns into a command center for PROXIMITY game sound production by offering PROXIMITY effects and control parameters.
More information: Steinberg / PROXIMITY
M-Audio has announced it has upgrades to its M-Track series audio interfaces.
The M-Track and M-Track Plus now feature a rugged all-metal chassis and studio–quality audio performance, and an expanded software suite is included with the M-Track Eight interface.
These new products give songwriters the ability to participate in the world of computer-based recording with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface that boasts 24-bit studio-quality audio performance, along with a new rugged all-metal chassis, greatly improved pre-amps, and class-leading audio performance on the inputs.
With these new products, M-Audio also announces a partnership with Waves Audio, Ltd.
“The new M-Tracks are designed to provide professional recording quality to musicians and producers, and we could think of nobody better to partner with for professional effects than Waves Audio,” said J.C. Sutherland, M-Audio Product Manager. “For more than 20 years, their effects plug-ins have set the standard for digital signal processing, and we’re thrilled to be able to offer their world-class effects to M-Track customers.”
Included with the M-Tracks are AudioTrack, Eddie Kramer Effect Channel, and TrueVerb plugins, which add a professional touch to any production. These plugins, along with the included Ableton Live Lite, provide a solid foundation to start a home/portable recording studio.
M-Audio’s currently available M-Track Eight also benefits from the Waves plugin treatment. In addition to AudioTrack, Eddie Kramer Effect Channel, and TrueVerb, M-Track Eight adds the L1 Ultramaximizer and Manny Marroquin Delay as part of its included software suite.
“We’re very excited about the new M-Track family of interfaces. They are solidly built, and with the added Waves plugin bundle users can produce impressive results that far exceed what the price points suggest.” – J.C. Sutherland, M-Audio Product Manager.
The upgraded M-Track and M-Track Plus will be available at the end of October, priced at $99 USD and $149 USD, respectively; the M-Track Eight is available now for $399 USD.
More information: M-Audio
More posts that match this tag
Steinberg has announced upcoming music production workshops in the United Kingdom. Together with Yamaha and sE Electronics, Steinberg has scheduled tour dates from Poole in the South to Perth up in Scotland. As a part … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Prime Cuts, a new expansion pack for the previously released virtual drum software, Groove Agent 4, and Groove Agent SE 4 included in Cubase 7.5, comprising a premium hip … read more
NUGEN Audio has announced that its entire family of professional audio plug-ins is now compliant with Steinberg’s Virtual Studio Technology 3 (VST3) standard. Moving forward, all future releases of NUGEN Audio’s plug-ins will be VST3-compatible. … read more
Steinberg has released the UR22 Production Studio, a limited edition package that consists of the compact UR22 audio interface, the latest version of Cubase Elements and WabeLab LE alongside the sE Electronics Magneto studio microphone, … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of Granular Guitars, the second signature expansion pack exclusively for the Padshop and Padshop Pro granular synthesizers, created by composer and designer Simon Stockhausen. Granular Guitars is an expansion pack … read more
Steinberg is has announced the availability of new maintenance updates for Cubase and Nuendo. The 7.5.30 update for Cubase/Cubase Artist and the 6.5.30 update for Nuendo improve the performance when importing a large number of … read more
Steinberg has launched Groove Agent 4, the drum workstation that comprises different drum modules each specialized in certain acoustic and electronic drum styles. Together with its additional capabilities to program patterns easily, mix drum tracks, … read more
Steinberg has released Nuendo 6.5, the latest version of its post and audio production software which includes a significant amount of professional tools and functionality, such as enhanced loudness processing, bass frequency management and a … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of VST Connect Performer for iPad, an app that offers online remote recording collaboration with producers and musicians in real time. Steinberg’s VST Connect plug-in links Cubase production environments to … read more
Steinberg has released version 8.5.10 of WaveLab, adding several improvements in areas such as plug-ins, user interface and audio montage. This maintenance update introduces the following improvements: The performance of the Loop Tweaker function has … read more
Steinberg has announced version 1.8.1 of Cubasis for iOS, the streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. The 1.8.1 update not only solves several issues but also provides some small yet nice user-requested features. A noise … read more
Homegrown Sounds has launched Analog IR for iZotope Iris and Analog PS for Steinberg PadShop Pro. Analog IR provides 110 Beautiful Pads for Izotope IRIS using the Analog Sample Collection as building blocks. Instruments are … read more
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 8.5, an update to its audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac. WaveLab 8.5, the latest generation of the ultimate audio editing and mastering suite, is … read more
Homegrown Sounds has announced Awakenings PS, a sound library for the Padshop Pro synthesizer instrument by Steinberg. Awakenings-PSAwakenings is brought into the world of Padshop Pro, Steinbergs Granular Synthesizer. There 200 hand crafted Sampled Instruments … read more
Steinberg has announced the forthcoming release of Nuendo 6.5, an update to its post-production software. Making its first appearance at next week’s PALM Expo in Beijing, China, and showcased alongside Yamaha’s Nuage system, Nuendo 6.5 … read more