SampleTekk has announced sfzED versions of its Steiny D, Steiny D Close and Rain Piano instrument libraries.
The magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concerthall for the true concert grand experience. This microphone perspective is normally the preferred configuration for recording a live classical piano performance, such as a recital. The microphones are placed at a sufficient distance let the tone fully engage the room. You might even say that the room is really the featured player here, as much as the piano.
The “Close” perspective was recorded with the microphones placed very close to the strings. Normally, this isn’t the way you would record a classical piece, but you will find that this perspective gives you a great presence and brilliance. Try this version for an in-your-face pop or jazz sound, or for bold and aggressive features.
The Rain Piano was recorded after some extensive Tom Waits listening. Specially the ”Mule Variation” album, (great stuff!). I fell in love with the piano sound on that record and decided to make something in that line.
The sfzED sample libraries are available for purchase at a 50% introductory discount for a limited time only.
More information: SampleTekk / sfzED sample libraries
Cinesamples has released version 2.2 of Piano in Blue, a 1949 Steinway D piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Changes in Piano in Blue v2.2
- Latency — Added “Sample Start” knob which will cut into the samples of the sustains by 20ms — this adjustment will remove all of the hammer/finger noise from the instrument.
- Tape Sample Replace — Re-recorded all the sample sets back through a physical Studer tape machine with better leveling to remove the “crunch” on the top velocities.
- Individual de-noising of V1 direct samples.
- Sample fix — F4, Velocity 101-110, Direct-Room (fixes modulated distortion noise on this note).
- 91-110 quick release velocities (fixes issues with the shorter release samples being too quiet in this region).
- Various minor adjustments to ADSR curves and some minor volume tweaks on individual samples.
- Added CC11 (Expression) control.
Piano in Blue is available for purchase for $99 USD. Requires Kontakt full version 5.3.1 or higher.
More information: Cinesamples / Piano in Blue
Ivy Audio has announced that its Piano in 162 sample library of a Steinway Model B grand piano is now available in both Kontakt and SFZ formats.
Like all Ivy Audio libraries, it is available to download completely free of charge for personal and commercial use.
Due to time constraints I was unfortunately unable to record release samples, which means the library might sound a little funny in certain situations.
Piano in 162 features
- Two microphone positions.
- Five dynamic levels.
- Two round robins.
- Sustain pedal on and off.
Piano in 162 for Kontakt and sfz is available to download at no charge. Donations are welcome.
More information: Ivy Audio / Piano in 162
Hephaestus has released Steinway Grand 2, a free compact piano library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This is the 2nd version of our Steinway piano. It uses the same samples of the 1st version, but we’ve fixed a lot of sound issues and increased the sound quality. If you want to try it…please, it’s FREE!
Steinway Grand 2 features
- 44.1KHz 16-bit Stereo sample resolution.
- Looped samples.
- 3-band EQ to adjust the sound.
- IR Reverb knob (new).
- Key-off switch to enable/disable the key-off noise.
- Fixed the bad flanger effect when pressing the sustain pedal (new).
- Totally redesigned the script that controls the sustain pedal behaviour (new).
- Harmonics / Resonance effects with IR (new).
- Some notes have been retuned and adjusted EQ dynamics (new).
- 48 MB size.
- Kontakt 5.2 or newer required (Kontakt Player not supported).
The library is a free download.
More information: Hephaestus
MSXII Sound Design has launched Steinway Stabs, a new collection of samples from a Steinway and Sons 1910 Vertegrand piano.
As a family heirloom dating back to the 1960’s, we’ve now decided to put this incredible instrument out in it’s most pure form.
Steinway pianos have a history of fine craftsmanship and resonance. This piano still has the ivory keytops and original strings. The Vertegrand is literally their model Grand piano flipped upright. This improves overall resonance and tone which sets it apart from other upright studio pianos.
If you want authentic, real, and legendary piano samples in your arsenal, look no further!
Steinway Stabs features
- Live recorded samples in 16bit .wav form of a Steinway and Sons 1910 Vertegrand Piano.
- Numerous playable chords including Maj and Min in various keys and inversions.
- Focused on more colorful chords; sus4 chords with +9 and +13 chords.
- Includes block chords and the arpeggiated attacks.
- A sound that cannot be replicated due to the natural de-tuning of certain keys inducing tones and harmonics not achievable otherwise.
- Most chords with root on C, but can be mapped to fit whatever key you’re working in.
- Pair with octave bass notes for pure jazz.
- Samples organized by folders with key & chord info.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs and hardware samplers.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $34.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker
More posts that match this tag
The Drum Broker has launched Dusted Velvet, a new sample pack from Erik Jackson. Erik Jackson is back at it with another exclusive instrument & sample pack for The Drum Broker. This time, Erik brought … read more
SampleTekk has released Black Grand MkII, a Steinway D piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Since the samplers has been become more advanced and the Black Grand still are one of our most popular … read more
e-instruments has announced the release of Session Keys Grand S and Grand Y, two Kontakt based concert grand piano instruments with a new and innovative approach to create the perfect piano sound for music productions. … read more
Bigcat Instruments has introduced the Piano Collection, a collection of free piano instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt. The Salamander Piano (Yamaha C5) by Alexander HolmFeel was originally released as an SFZ instrument. Here are … read more
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time. April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments. So during march we are having … read more
Outbound link: SampleTekk
– Related: accordion
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
8Dio Productions has announced the release of 1969 Steinway Legacy Grand, a virtual piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. The 1969 Steinway Legacy Grand Piano is playing! This gorgeous wonder of the world features … read more
ThaLoops has announced the release of Steinway Grand Piano B211, a virtual instrument fine tuned for hip hop, rnb and pop music producers. The piano was sampled in a world class studio in Europe through … read more
Sergio Frias has announced Nostalgic Piano, a virtual piano instrument. Nostalgic Piano is sampled from a Steinway Model D grand piano, it has a great, deep, clear lush sound, and sounds amazingly great in the … read more
Sonivox has announced the release of Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0, the latest version of its flagship virtual piano instrument. Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 includes an integrated patch browser, enhanced EQ and effects, plus current 64-bit … read more
Digital Sound Factory has announced the release of the Steinway Grand Piano and Yamaha Grand Piano for Native Instruments Kontakt 5+. Digital Sound Factory’s Steinway Model L (5’10”) Grand Piano for Kontakt. Steinway Pianos have … read more
Sonivox has announced Vocalizer Pro Vocal Production Synthesizer, the next-generation version of the amazing Vocalizer MIDI-controlled audio effect. Sonivox Vocalizer Pro Vocoder Musical Instrument for PC and Mac. Vocalizer Pro brings a harmonic/melodic voice to … read more
Outbound link: Sonivox
– Related: AU
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013 - 0 comments
Soundiron has announced the release of Ambius 2: Systematik, a 4.9GB beast of an organic synth collection built on adaptive groove-building and inspiring tone and texture shaping features. The foundation of Ambius 2 is Soundiron’s … read more
Outbound link: Soundiron
/ Ambius 2: Systematik
– Related: discounts
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 13, 2012 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced a number of Festive Bundles. The season of goodwill has well and truly arrived at Time+Space HQ as the UK’s largest soundware distributor announces its festive bundles and deals for 2012. Highlights … read more
Outbound link: Time+Space
– Related: discounts
, Sample Magic
Posted in news
on Dec 12, 2012 - 0 comments
Cinematique Instruments has introduced the Grand 3P, a sample library for Kontakt based on the famous Steinway A grand piano, a wonderful piano with a powerful and a warm sound. Cinematique Instruments’ Steinway A sound … read more
Gospel Musicians has partnered with Acousticsamples to release five new acoustic pianos for Yamaha Motif XS/XF synthesizer workstations. We all love the advent of computer music and the idea of taking a laptop to a … read more