Hephaestus has released Steinway Grand 2, a free compact piano library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This is the 2nd version of our Steinway piano. It uses the same samples of the 1st version, but we’ve fixed a lot of sound issues and increased the sound quality. If you want to try it…please, it’s FREE!
Steinway Grand 2 features
- 44.1KHz 16-bit Stereo sample resolution.
- Looped samples.
- 3-band EQ to adjust the sound.
- IR Reverb knob (new).
- Key-off switch to enable/disable the key-off noise.
- Fixed the bad flanger effect when pressing the sustain pedal (new).
- Totally redesigned the script that controls the sustain pedal behaviour (new).
- Harmonics / Resonance effects with IR (new).
- Some notes have been retuned and adjusted EQ dynamics (new).
- 48 MB size.
- Kontakt 5.2 or newer required (Kontakt Player not supported).
The library is a free download.
More information: Hephaestus
MSXII Sound Design has launched Steinway Stabs, a new collection of samples from a Steinway and Sons 1910 Vertegrand piano.
As a family heirloom dating back to the 1960′s, we’ve now decided to put this incredible instrument out in it’s most pure form.
Steinway pianos have a history of fine craftsmanship and resonance. This piano still has the ivory keytops and original strings. The Vertegrand is literally their model Grand piano flipped upright. This improves overall resonance and tone which sets it apart from other upright studio pianos.
If you want authentic, real, and legendary piano samples in your arsenal, look no further!
Steinway Stabs features
- Live recorded samples in 16bit .wav form of a Steinway and Sons 1910 Vertegrand Piano.
- Numerous playable chords including Maj and Min in various keys and inversions.
- Focused on more colorful chords; sus4 chords with +9 and +13 chords.
- Includes block chords and the arpeggiated attacks.
- A sound that cannot be replicated due to the natural de-tuning of certain keys inducing tones and harmonics not achievable otherwise.
- Most chords with root on C, but can be mapped to fit whatever key you’re working in.
- Pair with octave bass notes for pure jazz.
- Samples organized by folders with key & chord info.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs and hardware samplers.
The pack is available from the Drum Broker for $34.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker
The Drum Broker has launched Dusted Velvet, a new sample pack from Erik Jackson.
Erik Jackson is back at it with another exclusive instrument & sample pack for The Drum Broker. This time, Erik brought his A-Game and a little Jazz to the table.
The ‘Dusted Velvet’ pack features 85 Jazz Chords played on a 1980 Fender Rhodes & a 1971 Steinway Grand (includes all MIDI Files).
The pack also includes the following ‘ Pad Ready Instruments’:
- Dusted Amped Upright – Samuel Shen Bass
- Dusted Jazz Kit – Gretsch Brooklyn Drum Set
- Dusted Layers Kit – Boom Bap Drums
- Dusted Percussion – Various Rides and Crashes from the Gretsch Brooklyn Drum Set
- Dusted Rhodes Chords – 1973 Fender Rhodes (Tube)
- Dusted Slap Bass – LTD Bass Guitar
The sample pack is available exclusively from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Dusted Velvet
SampleTekk has released Black Grand MkII, a Steinway D piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Since the samplers has been become more advanced and the Black Grand still are one of our most popular pianos, we decided to bring it up to date and add some functions in the line of the original ideas.
In the MkII all microphone perspectives are included so you can use them one by one, of mix to taste!
We also added hammerback and pedalnoise samples.
Then we added our True Resonance feature and used Kontakts scripting facilities to make Real Time/True Pedaling, Sympathetic Resonance and some other nifty features, and, Voila: The Black Grand MkII
Black Grand MkII features
- 16 velocity levels.
- More then 5300 samples.
- TimeVel Release Technology.
- Sympathetic Resonance.
- Controllable volume for key/pedal noise.
- Controllable volume for Sympathetic Resonance and True Resonance.
- Three microphone perspectives.
- 24 bit 44.1 stereo samples.
The Black Grand MkII is available for the introductory price of $79 USD (regular $199 USD).
More information: SampleTekk / Black Grand MkII
e-instruments has announced the release of Session Keys Grand S and Grand Y, two Kontakt based concert grand piano instruments with a new and innovative approach to create the perfect piano sound for music productions.
Session Keys Grand S delivers the rich harmonic structure, warm tone, and full resonances of the Steinway D4 Concert Grand Piano, used in numerous concerts and recordings by some of the world’s greatest artists.
Session Keys Grand Y captures the clear, transparent and dynamic sound of a Yamaha CFIIIS Concert Grand Piano. Rich overtones, sparkling high end, and a powerful bass range make this outstanding instrument the perfect complement to the Grand S.
Session Keys Grand S/Y features
- Concert and Studio modes – Each acoustic flavour has been recorded in precise detail using two separate piano lid positions.
- Pentamorph controller – Allows users to easily adjust the Grand Piano’s acoustics – from standard characteristic sounds to atmospheres that go far beyond the obvious – as well as create movement on the fly using just one knob.
- Session animation – The Animator is designed to generate truly musical piano performances in the most flexible way.
- Smart Chords – For instant piano chords at your fingertips, Session Keys Smart Chord Mode provides a completely new and inventive way to add depth of musical expression to your production.
- Edit parameters of the Grand Piano in detail – Strengthen the individuality and expressiveness of the instrument, or to take it far beyond its standard sonic signature. EQ, Compression, Convolution Reverb and Delay Effects can all be edited for creative sound design without boundaries.
The pianos are available for purchase for 99 USD/EUR each, or bundled for 159 USD/EUR.
More information: e-instruments / Session Keys Grand Pianos
Bigcat Instruments has introduced the Piano Collection, a collection of free piano instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Salamander Piano (Yamaha C5) by Alexander HolmFeel was originally released as an SFZ instrument.
Here are six bigcat Instruments pianos for Kontakt 5.
The showpieces of the collection are mid-sized to baby Grands from each of the three major piano makers, Yamaha, Steinway and Baldwin. Also included are a Prepared Piano, a Honky-Tonk and an Intimate Piano.
The libraries are available to download at no charge (Creative Commons and Public Domain licenses).
More information: Bigcat Instruments / Piano Collection
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time.
April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments.
So during march we are having a end sale where you get 50% discount on all PMI Libraries.
- PMI Accordian – Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of accordion samples ever sampled.
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Over 25 different anvils or other large metal objects, plus collection of small & huge church bells.
- PMI Baroque Organ – The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Carillion – The first sampled Carillon features an amazing 58 Bells! All bells have been sampled.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – The Hybrid Pianos allows you to build your own piano. Simply drag and drop the elements you want to add in your sampler and adjust each component to your personal taste.
- PMI Old Lady – This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano. Sampled with 10 recorded velocity layers with 10 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – A collection of Orchestral Instruments for GigaStudio. Orchestral perc instruments include Celesta, Glockenspiel, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibes.
- PMI Positif – A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Steinway D – A sampled Steinway model D3 piano with serial number 393210, which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The Bösendorfer 290 SE has a huge dynamic range, with very subtle pianissimo and thunderous fortissimi. 12 recorded velocity layers, with 12 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Theater Organ – All ranks were chromatically sampled, capturing the true nature and character of each pipe. Samples are 10 to 15 seconds long with perfect loops to enable playing of unlimited length of notes. The true release sound of the organ pipes was also recorded and is reproduced upon key-release.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014. The PMI libraries will be discontinued after the sale.
More information: SampleTekk