SampleTekk has released Black Grand MkII, a Steinway D piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Since the samplers has been become more advanced and the Black Grand still are one of our most popular pianos, we decided to bring it up to date and add some functions in the line of the original ideas.
In the MkII all microphone perspectives are included so you can use them one by one, of mix to taste!
We also added hammerback and pedalnoise samples.
Then we added our True Resonance feature and used Kontakts scripting facilities to make Real Time/True Pedaling, Sympathetic Resonance and some other nifty features, and, Voila: The Black Grand MkII
Black Grand MkII features
- 16 velocity levels.
- More then 5300 samples.
- TimeVel Release Technology.
- Sympathetic Resonance.
- Controllable volume for key/pedal noise.
- Controllable volume for Sympathetic Resonance and True Resonance.
- Three microphone perspectives.
- 24 bit 44.1 stereo samples.
The Black Grand MkII is available for the introductory price of $79 USD (regular $199 USD).
More information: SampleTekk / Black Grand MkII
e-instruments has announced the release of Session Keys Grand S and Grand Y, two Kontakt based concert grand piano instruments with a new and innovative approach to create the perfect piano sound for music productions.
Session Keys Grand S delivers the rich harmonic structure, warm tone, and full resonances of the Steinway D4 Concert Grand Piano, used in numerous concerts and recordings by some of the world’s greatest artists.
Session Keys Grand Y captures the clear, transparent and dynamic sound of a Yamaha CFIIIS Concert Grand Piano. Rich overtones, sparkling high end, and a powerful bass range make this outstanding instrument the perfect complement to the Grand S.
Session Keys Grand S/Y features
- Concert and Studio modes – Each acoustic flavour has been recorded in precise detail using two separate piano lid positions.
- Pentamorph controller – Allows users to easily adjust the Grand Piano’s acoustics – from standard characteristic sounds to atmospheres that go far beyond the obvious – as well as create movement on the fly using just one knob.
- Session animation – The Animator is designed to generate truly musical piano performances in the most flexible way.
- Smart Chords – For instant piano chords at your fingertips, Session Keys Smart Chord Mode provides a completely new and inventive way to add depth of musical expression to your production.
- Edit parameters of the Grand Piano in detail – Strengthen the individuality and expressiveness of the instrument, or to take it far beyond its standard sonic signature. EQ, Compression, Convolution Reverb and Delay Effects can all be edited for creative sound design without boundaries.
The pianos are available for purchase for 99 USD/EUR each, or bundled for 159 USD/EUR.
More information: e-instruments / Session Keys Grand Pianos
Bigcat Instruments has introduced the Piano Collection, a collection of free piano instrument libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Salamander Piano (Yamaha C5) by Alexander HolmFeel was originally released as an SFZ instrument.
Here are six bigcat Instruments pianos for Kontakt 5.
The showpieces of the collection are mid-sized to baby Grands from each of the three major piano makers, Yamaha, Steinway and Baldwin. Also included are a Prepared Piano, a Honky-Tonk and an Intimate Piano.
The libraries are available to download at no charge (Creative Commons and Public Domain licenses).
More information: Bigcat Instruments / Piano Collection
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Mar 04, 2014 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has announced a blowout sale on PMI Instruments, offering its PMI sample libraries at 50% off for a limited time.
April 1 we will stop selling PMI Instruments.
So during march we are having a end sale where you get 50% discount on all PMI Libraries.
- PMI Accordian – Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of accordion samples ever sampled.
- PMI Anvils & Churchbells – Over 25 different anvils or other large metal objects, plus collection of small & huge church bells.
- PMI Baroque Organ – The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Carillion – The first sampled Carillon features an amazing 58 Bells! All bells have been sampled.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – The Hybrid Pianos allows you to build your own piano. Simply drag and drop the elements you want to add in your sampler and adjust each component to your personal taste.
- PMI Old Lady – This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano. Sampled with 10 recorded velocity layers with 10 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Orchestral Instruments – A collection of Orchestral Instruments for GigaStudio. Orchestral perc instruments include Celesta, Glockenspiel, Hackbrett, Marimba and Vibes.
- PMI Positif – A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Steinway D – A sampled Steinway model D3 piano with serial number 393210, which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The Bösendorfer 290 SE has a huge dynamic range, with very subtle pianissimo and thunderous fortissimi. 12 recorded velocity layers, with 12 separate sustain pedal down layers and release triggered samples.
- PMI Theater Organ – All ranks were chromatically sampled, capturing the true nature and character of each pipe. Samples are 10 to 15 seconds long with perfect loops to enable playing of unlimited length of notes. The true release sound of the organ pipes was also recorded and is reproduced upon key-release.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
The sale ends March 31st, 2014. The PMI libraries will be discontinued after the sale.
More information: SampleTekk
8Dio Productions has announced the release of 1969 Steinway Legacy Grand, a virtual piano instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The 1969 Steinway Legacy Grand Piano is playing! This gorgeous wonder of the world features a full ranged Steinway Concert Grand (Model D), including 11 piano morphed patches, controls over pedal volume, velocity curve editor, eq controls, custom convolution reverbs etc. The 1969 Steinway was recorded with 6 different stereo microphone perspectives, so you can dial in the perfect sound blending the Overhead, Keyboard/Player, Damper, Ambient, Spot and Room microphones together.
In addition the 1969 also includes unique round-robin staccato for faster playing and an advanced, yet fluent user-interface. Check out video, demo and specs right here – we think you will enjoy this rich, full-body concert grand.
The 1969 Steinway Legacy Grand is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until February 15th, 2014 (regular $149 USD).
More information: 8Dio / 1969 Steinway Legacy Grand
ThaLoops has announced the release of Steinway Grand Piano B211, a virtual instrument fine tuned for hip hop, rnb and pop music producers.
The piano was sampled in a world class studio in Europe through the legendary SSL 4000 console and the finest pre-amps using 3 pairs of the top quality microphones such as legendary AKG C12, Brauner Valvet and Neumann U-87 placed in an acoustically precise room in order to obtain the genuine piano sonics.
Featuring 5 velocity layers per note of almost 3.5 GB individual 24-bit samples virtual instrument inlcudes “Close Sound” and “Distant Sound” presets. As an extra, the team also developed the Hip Hop Baby Piano preset for lead melodies great for hip hop productions.
The Steinway Grand Piano plugin is available to purchase for $39.95 USD. Includes Mac VST/AU, Windows VST, SoundFont, and NI KONTAKT formats.
More information: ThaLoops / Steinway Grand Piano B211
Sergio Frias has announced Nostalgic Piano, a virtual piano instrument.
Nostalgic Piano is sampled from a Steinway Model D grand piano, it has a great, deep, clear lush sound, and sounds amazingly great in the mix or at solo. It can be used for songwriting of classical music, or other styles from jazz to pop.
My goal was to make the smallest sample library in size, yet the best sound quality, realistic piano to use in your productions and in your favorite host.forget about huge libraries occupying huge amounts of gb in your pc, Nostalgic Piano is about 100 mb in space, providing amazing expressivness of 12 velocity layers and meticulously fine tuned, realistical sample loops points on each 264 samples…and best of all, a cheap price of only 10$.
Nostalgic Piano features
- SFZ format.
- 12 velocity layers.
- 264 samples 44.1kHz stereo.
- Realistic decay/sustain/release times.
- Meticulous sample loop points providing reduced sample library (yet still maintaining the same sound quality).
The Nostalgic Piano is available to purchase for $10 USD.
More information: Nostalgic Piano
Sonivox has announced the release of Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0, the latest version of its flagship virtual piano instrument.
Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 includes an integrated patch browser, enhanced EQ and effects, plus current 64-bit VST and AU support.
Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 features an exceptional recreation of the Steinway 9-foot CD 327 grand piano. Meticulously sampled and expertly voiced, Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 provides every composer, pianist, and musician the opportunity to infuse their compositions, recordings, and performances with this truly world-class grand piano.
The SONiVOX recording philosophy relies on a simple signal chain, the finest A/D converters, and premium microphone preamps. Faithful to the original piano, Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 captures each note of this cherished instrument at 16 velocity levels for exceptional dynamic accuracy.
Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 features
- Steinway 9’ CD 327 grand piano sample source.
- Meticulously sampled and expertly voiced.
- Over 11 GB of premium content.
- 16 velocity levels per note; over 1500 samples.
- 52 Solo Piano presets.
- 35 Combination patches with layered pad sounds.
- 16 Key Split Combis with bass/and or solo instruments.
- Pedal and Release element controls.
- Adjustable Limiter.
- 4-band EQ.
- Variable Reverb.
- Fine tune and transpose controls.
- 7 Velocity curves.
- MIDI Learn controller mapping.
- Integrated Patch Browser stores by attribute.
- 32- and 64-bit VST and AU support.
- RTAS support.
The Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0 for Windows and Mac costs $149 USD.
More information: Sonivox / Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.0