XLN Audio has announced the release of Addictive Keys, a collection of three virtual keyboard instruments.
Addictive Keys is a powerful tool for musicians, producers and songwriters, setting a new standard for virtual keyboard instruments. With its unique sound creation ability, smart workflow and fast loading times, Addictive Keys is suitable for any production style or music genre.
Mix and match different microphone perspectives, add professional effects and advanced envelopes to create truly unique sounds. Two years in the making, Addictive Keys is the ultimate blend of engineering, innovative design and creative expression. The standalone version is perfect for spontaneous jamming and live performances and the plug-in version support all major DAW hosts.
Addictive Keys features
- Three instruments:
- Studio Grand – a Steinway Model D grand piano
- Modern Upright – Yamaha U3 upright piano
- Mark One – a Fender Rhodes Mark I electric piano
- Warm tone and unique sound.
- Fast loading and workflow.
- Mix and match microphone perspectives.
- Production presets.
- Creative and professional effects.
- MyCloud – Work from anywhere.
The Addictive Keys Studio Collection (VST/AU/standalone) is available to purchase for 179 EUR. The instruments are also available separately; The Studio Grand is currently 49 EUR (regular 99 EUR), Modern Upright 99 EUR and the Mark One costs 79 EUR. The Addictive Keys engine is included in all offers.
In addition to the Studio Collection, a free version of the Studio Grand – with 3 of the 6 recorded microphone perspectives, 49 of the 88 keys (4 octaves) – offers customers a way to try out the Addictive Keys platform, with the possibility to add one or more instruments as the need arises.
More information: XLN Audio / Addictive Keys
Cinesamples has announced the release of version 2 of Piano in Blue, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, featuring a historic 1949 Steinway D piano.
Piano in Blue is an exceptional instrument with great history, and we are thrilled to announce some updates that make this piano sound even better, along with some options that allow you greater control.
The Steinway D Concert Grand featured in Piano in Blue was used in recordings at Columbia Records 30th Street Studios in the 50′s and 60′s, notably including Glenn Gould’s “Goldberg Variations” and “Kind of Blue” by Miles Davis.
Changes in Piano in Blue 2
- Latency – Added a Sample Start knob, which will allow you to cut into the sample by 20ms. This feature will remove the hammer and finger noise of the instrument.
- Tape Sample Replacement – All the samples were re-recorded through a physical Studer tape machine, and all samples have been replaced in the tape setting
- De-noising – Extensive de-noising of all Version 1 Direct samples. Additionally, noise from F4 Velocity 101-110 has been removed.
- Velocity 90-110 – issues with this velocity being too quiet have been fixed.
- Added CC11 (Expression) control.
The Piano in Blue library is available to purchase for $99 USD. Full version of Kontakt 4.2+ required.
More information: Cinesamples / Piano in Blue
Sound Magic has updated its BlueStone Piano instrument for Windows and Mac to version 2.5.
BlueStone Piano starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world. BlueStone Piano has successfully captured the highly resonant wooden body flavor of a vintage Steinway built in 1927 and also managed to represents its unique singing tone through Sympathetic Resonance and soundboard resonant. It is a very emotional piano with great dynamic.
This new version features Sound Magic’s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine, which provides better simulation on key release and Sympathetic Resonance Sound than previous releases. Also by offering newly designed Scala Tuning System, BlueStone Piano will provide better and richer sound than before, and allow the user more control over the sound.
Changes since BlueStone Piano v2.1
- New Key Release Modeling algorithm.
- New Sympathetic Resonance Sound algorithm.
- GUI keyboard now response to other note message in other channel as well.
- Lower CPU usage.
- New Sustain Pedal Release behavior.
- Many other minor changes.
- Demo Version also included Key Release Modeling now.
BlueStone Piano for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / BlueStone Piano
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jun 28, 2012
SampleTekk has announced a Summer Sale, offering its sample libraries at a 50% discount for a limited time.
Prices in the store are regular, the discount will be applied when checking out.
The sale applies to all products, including the recently released
- Black Kontakt Player powered Steinway D Hamburg Concert Grand piano, and
- INIL Choir – 10cc Voice Loops, an ethereal choral library in cooperation with Eric Stewart of 10CC (Kontakt/EXS24/HALion/NN-XT).
More information: SampleTekk
Acoustica has released its Mixcraft Pro Studio 6, the latest version of its Mixcraft audio production workstation software bundled with additional virtual instruments and powerful new effects.
Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 expands Mixcraft 6′s already-powerful toolset to include high-end synthesizers modeled after the legendary Yamaha CS80 and Moog Memorymoog synthesizers, our Pianissimo grand piano (sampled from a Steinway Model D), powerful mastering effects including iZotope’s Mastering Essentials, and a fantastic collection of audio effects ranging from bit-crushing to parametric EQ to our new Acoustica Pro Studio reverb.
Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 features
- Record and create an unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks.
- Arrange and score video files, adding transitions, visual effects, music, sound effects, and voice-overs with ease.
- Includes around 6000 professionally produced music loops and sound effects in a wide variety of popular styles, from dubstep to folk rock.
- Includes 11 virtual instruments, ranging from modelled vintage synthesizers to high-quality sampled acoustic instruments, and an inspiring collection of studio-quality acoustic and electric drums.
- Includes 25 high quality effects, ranging from studio standards such as reverb, chorus and delay, to ultra-realistic guitar amp simulators, vintage tube EQ, vocal reduction, multi-band compression, and more.
- Powerful, professional features include ReWire hosting, multi-take loop recording, time stretching and pitch shifting, support for unlimited hardware inputs and outputs, support for multi-channel VSTis, and much more.
- Includes 16 additional VST effects and 4 additional VSTi synthesizers! Details here (Acrobat PDF).
Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 for Windows is available to purchase for $149 USD.
More information: Acoustica / Mixcraft Pro Studio 6