Modartt has released version 4 of its Pianoteq virtual piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
Yes! It’s finally here. With Pianoteq 4, a new milestone is reached in the piano world, bringing you the best and latest technology of virtual piano software.
A thoroughly refined acoustic model is represented by the new astonishing grand piano instrument D4 with its rich collection of presets. Designed with extreme care, each note is adjusted and voiced up to perfection. Thanks to its extraordinary playability and sonic authenticity, it meets the high demands from live musicians and recording studios.
The new D4 grand piano in Modartt’s Pianoteq 4 was modeled after a Steinway D
New in Pianoteq 4
- New Grand D4 instrument, with an improved soundboard and sound radiation model.
- New set of effects, including a convolution reverb.
- Resizable GUI.
- New feature in the standalone version : Recently played on the keyboard.
- and many more…
Pianoteq 4 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone) is available to purchase for 99 EUR (PLAY) 249 EUR (Standard) / 399 EUR (Pro).
More information: Pianoteq
Absolute Piano has announced the release of Steinway D, Bosendorfer 290 and Fazioli 308, three new virtual piano instruments for Windows.
Today I release the new Fazioli 308, the Bosendorfer 290 Imperial and the Steinway D.
These new pianos uses a different internal playing engine that allows to have a bigger soundbank. As a result, these pianos have 3 time more samples and definition than the ones released before, while have the same award winning interface. I also created a new resonance simulation engine that gives a better stereo image, definition and realism.
The new piano instruments are available to purchase for $89 USD each. You can get all 8 Absolute Piano instruments for $359 USD for a limited time (regular bundles price $418 USD).
Previously released Absolute Piano instruments were updated (incl. new sound engine). The updates are available to existing customers free of charge.
More information: Absolute Piano
SampleTekk has released Black, a virtual piano instrument powered by Native Instruments Kontakt Player.
Based on the famous SampleTekk Black Grand, but with refined samples, and the use of SampleTekk’s True Resonance Samples in combination with Native Instruments Kontakt Engine, we built a Grand Piano that we feel is our best piano yet!
This instrument shines! With up to 14 velocity layers, Sympathetic Resonance, built in reverb with custom impulses from famous gold plates, digital units, rooms and large springs, it gives you the range that you would expect from a Steinway D Hamburg. From soft spoken pianissimo, to roaring, blistering fortes, the BLACK delivers.
SampleTekk Black features
- Steinway D Hamburg Concert Grand.
- Three Pedal support, Sostenutu, Una Corda, Sustain.
- Realtime pedalling.
- Half Pedalling.
- Sympathetic Resonance.
- Up to 14 velocity layers.
- True Resonance.
- Reverb, EQ.
- Adjustable velocity curves.
- Intellisave system.
- Adjustable Resonance.
- Adjustable pedal/hammer noise.
Black is available as a Kontakt Player instrument for Windows and Mac, priced at $99 USD.
More information: SampleTekk / Black for Kontakt Player
, Doug Rogers
, Nick Phoenix
, Quantum Leap
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2012
Eastwest has announced it is offering 50% off the retail prices of two critically-acclaimed titles: Eastwest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and Pianos on all purchases made through March 31, 2012.
Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, and produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix, the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA is the most awarded orchestral collection ever, and the only orchestral collection to be recorded in a “state of the art” concert hall where orchestras mainly perform.
EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP PIANOS is the most detailed collection of the world’s finest grand pianos ever recorded and includes a Bechstein D-280, Steinway D, Bösendorfer 290, and Yamaha C7, each recorded with 3 mixable mic positions.
“These are real acoustic piano sounds. I’m absolutely amazed. EastWest/Quantum Leap has gone the extra mile to provide stunning quality acoustic piano character – the whole collection is superb!” said 12-time Grammy winning pianist and composer Herbie Hancock. “The new meaning of heavyweight. Players agreed that EastWest/Quantum Leap has by far the most detailed and biggest-sounding pianos of the bunch.” Said KEYBOARD Magazine.
The PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
Customers can receive 50% off the retail price at Sounds Online and at authorized EastWest dealers now through March 31, 2012.
More information: Sounds Online / Sounds Online (European customers)
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Mar 13, 2012
Toontrack has released EZkeys Grand Piano, a plugin and stand alone instrument that combines a world-class piano player, songwriting partner, arranger and a meticulously sampled grand piano – all in one package.
Complete with an extensive drag and drop MIDI library, a groundbreaking smart transpose functionality that allows the user to change chords and add harmonic color on the fly as well as introducing an intuitive interface with a streamlined workflow, EZkeys is not just an amazingly sounding instrument, it’s a songwriting palette that sets a new benchmark in creative music software.
EZkeys Grand Piano features
- The songwriting & MIDI — EZkeys comes with an extensive MIDI library performed by a professional session pianist. Played with increasing complexity in full eight bar song sections and covering all major genres such as Rock, Pop, Country, Gospel, Blues and Funk, this library is not only a creative boost, it’s an untapped source of inspiration for your yet unwritten songs. Drag, drop and lay down the foundation to a track in no time!
- The smart transpose functionality — When you drag and drop MIDI in the timeline of the song browser, EZkeys will immediately analyze and separate all chords. If you click any of the blocks, an intuitive chord circle will open. This allows you to transpose or alter any chord or full song on the fly. This works just as well with the included MIDI as any user imported files.
- The timeless sound — EZkeys comes with a mint condition Steinway and Sons model D grand piano, sampled to perfection in a world-class recording studio using only the best of the best in vintage and modern recording gear. The model D grand piano is the undisputed industry standard among performers and producers worldwide and has over the past century and half had an overwhelming amount of musical history and heritage created on it. The sounds were mixed to sit perfectly in a production environment without any additional tweaking. There is also a selection of ready-made and user controllable presets available, making your sound options seem almost endless.
EZkeys Grand Piano for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone) is avaialble to purchase for $179 USD / 139 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys Grand Piano