Sound Magic has released BlueStone Piano, a virtual piano instrument for Windows.
BlueStone Piano starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
BlueStone Piano has successfully captured the highly resonant wooden body flavor of a vintage Steinway build in 1927 and also managed to represents its unique singing tone through Sympathetic Resonance and soundboard resonant. It is a very emotional piano with great dynamic.
BlueStone Piano features
- BlueStone Piano gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato make the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- New! Our 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- BlueStone Piano is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
BlueStone Piano is available as a VST instrument plugin for Windows, priced at 99 EUR (includes 50 EUR worth of add-ons).
More information: Sound Magic / BlueStone Piano
Imperfect Samples has released the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand, a virtual piano instrument library.
Imperfect Samples’ Steinway & Sons 1908 Walnut Concert Grand is a World Class Concert Grand piano with a rich, musical character. The tone of this concert grand is highly expressive, with a full-bodied timbre. Standing at 9 feet long, this imposing grand piano is suitable for situations where an emotive and dynamic, full grand piano sound is required.
Over a century old, the Steinway 1908 Walnut Concert Grand has an extremely resonant wooden body, providing a sought after warm and pleasing sound. Click here to watch videos
This grand piano library has been sampled extensively, to provide versatility for use in almost all concievable genres of music. Click here for a list of suggested genres for each microphone perspective.
Steinway 1908 Walnut Concert Grand features
- Over 54GB, 24 bit audio fidelity.
- 4 Unique Microphone Perspectives (Player, Close, Room, Dry).
- Piano FX: Lid sounds, human fingers, pedals, wood knocks, more…
- Up to 100 layers spread across 4 perspectives.
- Sympathetic Resonance*
- Custom Velocity Mapping*
- On the fly sample loading & real-time FX controls*
- Rich, organic sound.
* available for full Retail Kontakt 4.2 or higher only.
Steinway Walnut Concert Grand is available in Kontakt, EXS24 and VST/AU plug-in formats for Windows and Mac, starting at £39.99 GBP.
More information: Imperfect Samples / Steinway Walnut Grand
Related: Big Fish Audio
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 22, 2011
Time+Space has announced a limited time Easter Bank promotion, offering 20% off ‘real’ instruments and sounds.
This Easter Bank holiday weekend we´re going to back to basics with discounts across a range of virtual instruments and sample libraries that are geared specifically towards real instruments – the authentic sounds of live drums, pianos, guitars, brass, strings and so on.
There are 16 titles to choose from including Toontrack’s Superior Drummer 2.0, Vir2′s Electri6ity, Garritan’s Steinway Basic and Big Fish Audio’s Funk Soul Horns to name just a few…
Offers end midnight on Monday 25th April, 2011.
More information: Time+Space
Imperfect Samples has announced the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand, a new sampled piano instrument.
Totalling over 54GB, Imperfect Samples’ Steinway & Sons 1908 Walnut Concert Grand has up to 100 layers spread across 4 microphone perspectives (up to 25 layers in each perspective). This is a world class concert grand piano with a rich, musical character. The tone of this concert grand is expressive, with a full-bodied timbre.
Featuring Imperfect Samples’ new IS Advanced Engine, the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand includes advanced sympathetic resonance, half-pedaling, true staccato articulations, true crotchet articulations, polyphony controls, human performance FX, randomizer, piano FX controls, custom velocity mapping, on-the-fly sample loading and more..
Painstakingly recorded imperfectly, as with all Imperfect Samples’ libraries, the emphasis has been placed on achieving a hyper-real and convincing sampled instrument, with performance sounds.
The Steinway Walnut Concert Grand will be available soon, in Kontakt, EXS24, and plugin formats (VST/AU).
More information: Imperfect Samples
Cakewalk has announced the release of several Sound Center Expansion Packs, sound libraries for the Cakewalk Sound Center.
Digital Sound Factory has created a library of high-quality expansion packs for Cakewalk Sound Center (included in SONAR X1, Music Creator 5, and Production Plus Pack 3). To celebrate the release of these packs, we are offering a special introductory of price of only $19.95/£14.95/€19.95 for each pack (regularly $29.95/£24.95/€29.95).
Sound Center Expansion Packs features
- Steinway Grand Piano – The Steinway Grand is one of the most classic grand pianos ever produced. Built with the best materials acquired, Steinway pianos create a rich full sound like none others. This beautiful Steinway Model L includes multiple layers matched for the ultimate realism. Each sample was reviewed, and the best were assembled to create this grand piano for Cakewalk’s Sound Center. As a result of this process, this natural sounding piano will work in any track mix. (10 Programs).
- Vintage Keyboards – Vintage Keyboards delivers the keyboard sounds that defined popular music in the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s including the Hammond B-3 organ, Rhodes and Wurlitzer EP to legendary analog and digital synthesizers like the ARP 2600 and CP70, Vintage Keyboards gives you an all-in-one, no-compromise collection of over 30 classic keyboards meticulously sampled from the finest vintage instruments available. (220 Programs).
- World Instruments – World Instruments represents an array of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world. (109 Programs).
More information: Cakewalk
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Feb 16, 2011
SampleTekk has announced an Acoustic Piano Sale, a time limited offer on its acoustic piano sample libraries.
SampleTekk Acoustic Pianos
- 7CG – Seven Seas Grand, Yamaha C7 – Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano No less then 93 unique samples per recorded note.
- 7CG Jr, Yamaha C7 – A subset from the 7CG – The most detailed sampled Yamaha C7 (c) ever.
- Black Grand – Steinway D – The magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concerthall for the true concert grand experience.
- Harpsichord – The instrument was sampled in thirds, (C, D#, F# and A) in each octave.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – Modular: Design Your Own Piano. The Hybrid Pianos are unlike any other piano library available today.
- PMI Old Lady – The final 24 bit grand piano library! This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano.
- PMI Steinway D – We recorded the best grand piano we could find. This particular instrument is in premium condition, a Steinway model D3 with serial number 393210 which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The final 24 bit grand piano library!!! EMPEROR: This library brings you an incredible Bösendorfer 290 SE as the most realistic sample library available today.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – PMI Yamaha C7 concervatory grand. Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
- Rain Piano – A serious Upright piano with character. Sometimes a Grand Piano is simply too much or lacks personality. Rain Piano is professionally setup to add character while staying in tune with your other instruments.
- SG88 Mk II – Studio Grand 88 – A large sample instrument that provides extra responsive velocity layering smooth transition from softest to loudest timbres.
- Steiny D – Steinway D – Based on the same samples as the award winning Black Grand. Sampleset contains more then 1000 individual samples.
- Steiny D Close! – Steinway D – Based on the samples recorded during the Black Grand session.
- TSO Yamaha C7 – The TSO is the stripped down, slicker, smaller version of TBO. Same timbre, same great sound, but a more economic, no fat version that can be useful when you need to work on a smaller budget. Still, it’s a big one!
- Vertikal Jazz / Pop – The Vertikal is a upright piano recorded and designed to do the job when you need that little extra “umpf” in your songs.
- WG Jr – Based on the same samples as the famous White Grand we have managed to make a smaller version that has the sound and playability that makes the White Grand so grand – in short: a little brother with a lot of attitude!!!!
- White Grand – SampleTekks White Grand – The Ultimate Studio Grand Piano.
- White Sister – The White Grand by SampleTekk is by many musicians and composers believed to be the finest contemporary studio rock/pop/jazz Grand Piano.
The SampleTekk acoustic piano libraries are available at 25% discount until February 18th, 2011.
More information: SampleTekk
Posted in news
on Jan 28, 2011
Acoustica has recently released Mixcraft Pro Studio 5, a multi-track recording studio software for Windows.
Mixcraft Pro Studio 5 improves on Mixcraft 5′s already impressive line-up by adding three incredible virtual instruments and four powerful new effects valued at $250.00, for a grand total of 26 included effects and 11 included virtual instruments.
New instruments and effects in Mixcraft 5 Pro Studio
- ME80 Vintage Analog Synthesizer – Incredibly realistic recreation of the Yamaha CS80 analog synthesizer, among the most powerful and coveted analog synthesizers ever made. This amazing recreation supports polyphonic aftertouch (just like the original) and has the same rich creamy tone as the original.
- Memorymoon Analog Synthesizer – No synthesizer in history has ever sounded more massive than the legendary Moog Memorymoog, and Memorymoon perfectly captures the enormous analog sound of the classic original. Loaded with presets and knobs, this 3-oscillator polyphonic powerhouse will blow you away.
- Acoustica Pianissimo Virtual Grand Piano – High quality, award winning grand piano featuring 250MB of Steinway Model D piano samples combined with powerful piano modeling technology.
- G-Sonique Twisthead VS-206 Vacuum Tube Preamp – Adds subtle analog warmth or fierce overdriven tube grit to your tracks. This vintage tube preamp adds 1960′s charm and character to vocals, guitars, drums, and more.
- G-Sonique FSQ1964 Transient Vitaliser – This powerful mastering tool adds sweet high frequencies, analog colors, crystal and transparent transients, and boldness to any mix. FSQ1964 adds life and sparkle to even the most basic tracks, so they pop out of your speakers with the crisp modern sound heard on today’s chart-topping records.
- G-Sonique XBass 4000L Analog Bass Enhancer – XBass 4000L adds the warm, fat bass tone found in vintage tube circuits to your projects. XBass 4000L combines two unique algorithms to enhance the bass spectrum of your tracks, adding emphasis to the audible bass content, enriching the bass and sub-bass spectrum, and boosting the higher harmonic frequencies.
- G-Sonique Dubmaster Liquid Delay – This intense delay effect goes far beyond the limits of traditional delays. Dubmaster combines tempo-synced rhythmic liquid delay with powerful LFO-driven filtering and phase effects to add atmosphere and a unique sound to your tracks.
Mixcraft Pro Studio 5 for Windows is available to purchase for the introductory price of $149.99 USD (MSRP $199).
More information: Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio 5
UVI.net has announced the release of the UVI Grand Piano for Mac, a virtual piano instrument.
UVI Grand Piano is the easiest way to turn your Mac into a wonderful piano : simply plug a MIDI keyboard in your computer and you’re ready to play one of the best instruments ever made, a Steinway™ Model D Grand Piano.
UVI Instruments are well known and have been deeply used by professional musicians and producers for more than a decade thanks to some unique software like MOTU MachFive™, Ethno™ and BPM™, Spectrasonics Stylus™ and Atmosphere™, UVI Workstation™… to name a few.
UVI Grand Piano features the best of the UVI technology and the most efficient user interface to play the piano: launch it and play !
UVI Grand Piano features
- Super easy to use and great sounding instrument.
- Steinway™ Grand Piano Model D.
- Recorded in a world class studio.
- Deeply multi-sampled (sustain, release, pedal noise…).
- Expertly edited and scripted using the latest UVI Engine.
- Low Memory usage thanks to lossless realtime decoding : only 400 MB for a 3 GB source.
- Custom velocity curves to fit your playing style.
- Superb integrated convolution reverb.
- CPU efficient.
- Ultra low latency.
- Compatible with built-in or third party sound cards.
- Compatible with all USB/MIDI keyboards and controllers.
The UVI Grand Piano is now available to purchase at the Apple App Store for a special introductory price of $29.99 USD / € 23.99 EUR until 31 January, 2011 (regular $49.99 USD).
More information: Uvi.net / UVI Grand Piano