Time+Space has announced a limited time offer for Synthogy Ivory II pianos.
“It ticks all the boxes: sound quality, playability, flexibility. And then it ticks a few more: reliability, efficiency, ease of use. This is industry standard, production-ready software that´s a joy to have around. There´s little else to say. Just go and play it…” – Sound on Sound
It’s been almost a year since Ivory II was unleashed onto the world with its powerful new engine delivering an unprecedented level of realism. With the introduction of Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true sympathetic string vibration, plus expanded velocity levels and numerous user requested features such as half pedalling, lid position, pedal noise and tuning tables, Ivory II has become the industry standard in piano software.
Synthogy Ivory II pianos
- Grand Pianos – Features over 77Gb of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments including: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand and Yamaha C7 Grand.
- Italian Grand – Over 28Gb of world-class samples featuring a Premium 10 foot, Italian made Concert Grand renowned for its expressive dynamics and full-bodied character.
- Upright Pianos – Includes four upright pianos; Modern upright (Yamaha U5), Vintage Upright (1914 A.M. Hume), Honky Tonk Barrom upright (1915 Packard) and an early 1900s Tack Piano.
Ivory II pianos require an iLok key to run and until 31st August, Time+Space will send you one for free when you buy any full version Ivory II title, saving you £37.95 GBP (offer excludes upgrades).
More information: Time+Space
Better Music Distribution has announced it is now distributing instrument plugins from Sound Magic.
Better Music Distribution is very pleased to announce the partnership with Sound Magic for the US market. Two brand new pianos have been recently released and are now available through Better Music Distribution in the USA.
Sound Magic instruments
- Imperial Grand Piano – The Imperial Grand virtual instrument piano starts with a famous dark, rich Bösendorfer style of sound, the first modeled Bösendorfer 290SE with 97 Keys.
- Ruby Piano – Ruby Piano captures the mellow sustain and beautiful tones of a Yamaha C7 built in 1972, which has original ivory keys, and represents its unique timbral quality through Sound Magic ‘s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine.
- BlueStone Piano – The BlueStone Piano virtual instrument starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
- Supreme Piano 2 – The Supreme Piano 2 virtual piano collection includes four world’s most stunning and finest grand pianos. A true piano legend.
More information: Better Music Distribution
Sound Magic has released BlueStone Piano, a virtual piano instrument for Windows.
BlueStone Piano starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
BlueStone Piano has successfully captured the highly resonant wooden body flavor of a vintage Steinway build in 1927 and also managed to represents its unique singing tone through Sympathetic Resonance and soundboard resonant. It is a very emotional piano with great dynamic.
BlueStone Piano features
- BlueStone Piano gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato make the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- New! Our 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- BlueStone Piano is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
BlueStone Piano is available as a VST instrument plugin for Windows, priced at 99 EUR (includes 50 EUR worth of add-ons).
More information: Sound Magic / BlueStone Piano
Imperfect Samples has released the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand, a virtual piano instrument library.
Imperfect Samples’ Steinway & Sons 1908 Walnut Concert Grand is a World Class Concert Grand piano with a rich, musical character. The tone of this concert grand is highly expressive, with a full-bodied timbre. Standing at 9 feet long, this imposing grand piano is suitable for situations where an emotive and dynamic, full grand piano sound is required.
Over a century old, the Steinway 1908 Walnut Concert Grand has an extremely resonant wooden body, providing a sought after warm and pleasing sound. Click here to watch videos
This grand piano library has been sampled extensively, to provide versatility for use in almost all concievable genres of music. Click here for a list of suggested genres for each microphone perspective.
Steinway 1908 Walnut Concert Grand features
- Over 54GB, 24 bit audio fidelity.
- 4 Unique Microphone Perspectives (Player, Close, Room, Dry).
- Piano FX: Lid sounds, human fingers, pedals, wood knocks, more…
- Up to 100 layers spread across 4 perspectives.
- Sympathetic Resonance*
- Custom Velocity Mapping*
- On the fly sample loading & real-time FX controls*
- Rich, organic sound.
* available for full Retail Kontakt 4.2 or higher only.
Steinway Walnut Concert Grand is available in Kontakt, EXS24 and VST/AU plug-in formats for Windows and Mac, starting at £39.99 GBP.
More information: Imperfect Samples / Steinway Walnut Grand
Related: Big Fish Audio
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 22, 2011
Time+Space has announced a limited time Easter Bank promotion, offering 20% off ‘real’ instruments and sounds.
This Easter Bank holiday weekend we´re going to back to basics with discounts across a range of virtual instruments and sample libraries that are geared specifically towards real instruments – the authentic sounds of live drums, pianos, guitars, brass, strings and so on.
There are 16 titles to choose from including Toontrack’s Superior Drummer 2.0, Vir2′s Electri6ity, Garritan’s Steinway Basic and Big Fish Audio’s Funk Soul Horns to name just a few…
Offers end midnight on Monday 25th April, 2011.
More information: Time+Space
Imperfect Samples has announced the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand, a new sampled piano instrument.
Totalling over 54GB, Imperfect Samples’ Steinway & Sons 1908 Walnut Concert Grand has up to 100 layers spread across 4 microphone perspectives (up to 25 layers in each perspective). This is a world class concert grand piano with a rich, musical character. The tone of this concert grand is expressive, with a full-bodied timbre.
Featuring Imperfect Samples’ new IS Advanced Engine, the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand includes advanced sympathetic resonance, half-pedaling, true staccato articulations, true crotchet articulations, polyphony controls, human performance FX, randomizer, piano FX controls, custom velocity mapping, on-the-fly sample loading and more..
Painstakingly recorded imperfectly, as with all Imperfect Samples’ libraries, the emphasis has been placed on achieving a hyper-real and convincing sampled instrument, with performance sounds.
The Steinway Walnut Concert Grand will be available soon, in Kontakt, EXS24, and plugin formats (VST/AU).
More information: Imperfect Samples