Time+Space has announced a limited time offer for Synthogy Ivory II pianos.
“It ticks all the boxes: sound quality, playability, flexibility. And then it ticks a few more: reliability, efficiency, ease of use. This is industry standard, production-ready software that´s a joy to have around. There´s little else to say. Just go and play it…” – Sound on Sound
It’s been almost a year since Ivory II was unleashed onto the world with its powerful new engine delivering an unprecedented level of realism. With the introduction of Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true sympathetic string vibration, plus expanded velocity levels and numerous user requested features such as half pedalling, lid position, pedal noise and tuning tables, Ivory II has become the industry standard in piano software.
Synthogy Ivory II pianos
- Grand Pianos – Features over 77Gb of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments including: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand and Yamaha C7 Grand.
- Italian Grand – Over 28Gb of world-class samples featuring a Premium 10 foot, Italian made Concert Grand renowned for its expressive dynamics and full-bodied character.
- Upright Pianos – Includes four upright pianos; Modern upright (Yamaha U5), Vintage Upright (1914 A.M. Hume), Honky Tonk Barrom upright (1915 Packard) and an early 1900s Tack Piano.
Ivory II pianos require an iLok key to run and until 31st August, Time+Space will send you one for free when you buy any full version Ivory II title, saving you £37.95 GBP (offer excludes upgrades).
More information: Time+Space
Better Music Distribution has announced it is now distributing instrument plugins from Sound Magic.
Better Music Distribution is very pleased to announce the partnership with Sound Magic for the US market. Two brand new pianos have been recently released and are now available through Better Music Distribution in the USA.
Sound Magic instruments
- Imperial Grand Piano – The Imperial Grand virtual instrument piano starts with a famous dark, rich Bösendorfer style of sound, the first modeled Bösendorfer 290SE with 97 Keys.
- Ruby Piano – Ruby Piano captures the mellow sustain and beautiful tones of a Yamaha C7 built in 1972, which has original ivory keys, and represents its unique timbral quality through Sound Magic ‘s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine.
- BlueStone Piano – The BlueStone Piano virtual instrument starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
- Supreme Piano 2 – The Supreme Piano 2 virtual piano collection includes four world’s most stunning and finest grand pianos. A true piano legend.
More information: Better Music Distribution
Sound Magic has released BlueStone Piano, a virtual piano instrument for Windows.
BlueStone Piano starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the unsurpassed authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
BlueStone Piano has successfully captured the highly resonant wooden body flavor of a vintage Steinway build in 1927 and also managed to represents its unique singing tone through Sympathetic Resonance and soundboard resonant. It is a very emotional piano with great dynamic.
BlueStone Piano features
- BlueStone Piano gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato make the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time.
- New! Our 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- BlueStone Piano is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
BlueStone Piano is available as a VST instrument plugin for Windows, priced at 99 EUR (includes 50 EUR worth of add-ons).
More information: Sound Magic / BlueStone Piano
Imperfect Samples has released the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand, a virtual piano instrument library.
Imperfect Samples’ Steinway & Sons 1908 Walnut Concert Grand is a World Class Concert Grand piano with a rich, musical character. The tone of this concert grand is highly expressive, with a full-bodied timbre. Standing at 9 feet long, this imposing grand piano is suitable for situations where an emotive and dynamic, full grand piano sound is required.
Over a century old, the Steinway 1908 Walnut Concert Grand has an extremely resonant wooden body, providing a sought after warm and pleasing sound. Click here to watch videos
This grand piano library has been sampled extensively, to provide versatility for use in almost all concievable genres of music. Click here for a list of suggested genres for each microphone perspective.
Steinway 1908 Walnut Concert Grand features
- Over 54GB, 24 bit audio fidelity.
- 4 Unique Microphone Perspectives (Player, Close, Room, Dry).
- Piano FX: Lid sounds, human fingers, pedals, wood knocks, more…
- Up to 100 layers spread across 4 perspectives.
- Sympathetic Resonance*
- Custom Velocity Mapping*
- On the fly sample loading & real-time FX controls*
- Rich, organic sound.
* available for full Retail Kontakt 4.2 or higher only.
Steinway Walnut Concert Grand is available in Kontakt, EXS24 and VST/AU plug-in formats for Windows and Mac, starting at £39.99 GBP.
More information: Imperfect Samples / Steinway Walnut Grand
Related: Big Fish Audio
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Apr 22, 2011 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced a limited time Easter Bank promotion, offering 20% off ‘real’ instruments and sounds.
This Easter Bank holiday weekend we´re going to back to basics with discounts across a range of virtual instruments and sample libraries that are geared specifically towards real instruments – the authentic sounds of live drums, pianos, guitars, brass, strings and so on.
There are 16 titles to choose from including Toontrack’s Superior Drummer 2.0, Vir2′s Electri6ity, Garritan’s Steinway Basic and Big Fish Audio’s Funk Soul Horns to name just a few…
Offers end midnight on Monday 25th April, 2011.
More information: Time+Space
Imperfect Samples has announced the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand, a new sampled piano instrument.
Totalling over 54GB, Imperfect Samples’ Steinway & Sons 1908 Walnut Concert Grand has up to 100 layers spread across 4 microphone perspectives (up to 25 layers in each perspective). This is a world class concert grand piano with a rich, musical character. The tone of this concert grand is expressive, with a full-bodied timbre.
Featuring Imperfect Samples’ new IS Advanced Engine, the Steinway Walnut Concert Grand includes advanced sympathetic resonance, half-pedaling, true staccato articulations, true crotchet articulations, polyphony controls, human performance FX, randomizer, piano FX controls, custom velocity mapping, on-the-fly sample loading and more..
Painstakingly recorded imperfectly, as with all Imperfect Samples’ libraries, the emphasis has been placed on achieving a hyper-real and convincing sampled instrument, with performance sounds.
The Steinway Walnut Concert Grand will be available soon, in Kontakt, EXS24, and plugin formats (VST/AU).
More information: Imperfect Samples
Cakewalk has announced the release of several Sound Center Expansion Packs, sound libraries for the Cakewalk Sound Center.
Digital Sound Factory has created a library of high-quality expansion packs for Cakewalk Sound Center (included in SONAR X1, Music Creator 5, and Production Plus Pack 3). To celebrate the release of these packs, we are offering a special introductory of price of only $19.95/£14.95/€19.95 for each pack (regularly $29.95/£24.95/€29.95).
Sound Center Expansion Packs features
- Steinway Grand Piano – The Steinway Grand is one of the most classic grand pianos ever produced. Built with the best materials acquired, Steinway pianos create a rich full sound like none others. This beautiful Steinway Model L includes multiple layers matched for the ultimate realism. Each sample was reviewed, and the best were assembled to create this grand piano for Cakewalk’s Sound Center. As a result of this process, this natural sounding piano will work in any track mix. (10 Programs).
- Vintage Keyboards – Vintage Keyboards delivers the keyboard sounds that defined popular music in the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s including the Hammond B-3 organ, Rhodes and Wurlitzer EP to legendary analog and digital synthesizers like the ARP 2600 and CP70, Vintage Keyboards gives you an all-in-one, no-compromise collection of over 30 classic keyboards meticulously sampled from the finest vintage instruments available. (220 Programs).
- World Instruments – World Instruments represents an array of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world. (109 Programs).
More information: Cakewalk
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Feb 16, 2011 - 1 comment
SampleTekk has announced an Acoustic Piano Sale, a time limited offer on its acoustic piano sample libraries.
SampleTekk Acoustic Pianos
- 7CG – Seven Seas Grand, Yamaha C7 – Super detailed multisampled Grand Piano No less then 93 unique samples per recorded note.
- 7CG Jr, Yamaha C7 – A subset from the 7CG – The most detailed sampled Yamaha C7 (c) ever.
- Black Grand – Steinway D – The magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concerthall for the true concert grand experience.
- Harpsichord – The instrument was sampled in thirds, (C, D#, F# and A) in each octave.
- PMI Bosendorfer 290 – This Bösendorfer library provides the greatest possible control during the softest pianissimo, through crescendos to the reserves of power needed for the loudest fortissimo.
- PMI Clavichords – This library brings you a small and a larger Clavichord. The clavichords have been sampled with their release sounds, giving them an unbelievable realistic quality.
- PMI Estonia – Estonia Concert Grand piano is a multi-velocity level chromatically sampled piano of the highest realism!
- PMI Forte E – A new 24 bit sampled Fortepiano with 3 velocity layers, sustain and modulator patches.
- PMI Historic Keyboards – A collection of historic instruments: 2 harpsichords, a virginal and a fortepiano for GigaStudio and compatible samplers.
- PMI Hybrid – Modular: Design Your Own Piano. The Hybrid Pianos are unlike any other piano library available today.
- PMI Old Lady – The final 24 bit grand piano library! This library brings you an amazing Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano.
- PMI Steinway D – We recorded the best grand piano we could find. This particular instrument is in premium condition, a Steinway model D3 with serial number 393210 which was built in 1965.
- PMI The Emperor – The final 24 bit grand piano library!!! EMPEROR: This library brings you an incredible Bösendorfer 290 SE as the most realistic sample library available today.
- PMI Yamaha C7 – PMI Yamaha C7 concervatory grand. Pop piano! Up to 16 levels of velocity, recorded at 96kHz/24 bits.
- Rain Piano – A serious Upright piano with character. Sometimes a Grand Piano is simply too much or lacks personality. Rain Piano is professionally setup to add character while staying in tune with your other instruments.
- SG88 Mk II – Studio Grand 88 – A large sample instrument that provides extra responsive velocity layering smooth transition from softest to loudest timbres.
- Steiny D – Steinway D – Based on the same samples as the award winning Black Grand. Sampleset contains more then 1000 individual samples.
- Steiny D Close! – Steinway D – Based on the samples recorded during the Black Grand session.
- TSO Yamaha C7 – The TSO is the stripped down, slicker, smaller version of TBO. Same timbre, same great sound, but a more economic, no fat version that can be useful when you need to work on a smaller budget. Still, it’s a big one!
- Vertikal Jazz / Pop – The Vertikal is a upright piano recorded and designed to do the job when you need that little extra “umpf” in your songs.
- WG Jr – Based on the same samples as the famous White Grand we have managed to make a smaller version that has the sound and playability that makes the White Grand so grand – in short: a little brother with a lot of attitude!!!!
- White Grand – SampleTekks White Grand – The Ultimate Studio Grand Piano.
- White Sister – The White Grand by SampleTekk is by many musicians and composers believed to be the finest contemporary studio rock/pop/jazz Grand Piano.
The SampleTekk acoustic piano libraries are available at 25% discount until February 18th, 2011.
More information: SampleTekk