Karma-Lab has released KARMA Motif Software version 3.1, a major update that adds support for several more Yamaha instruments and Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.
KARMA Motif brings developer Stephen Kay’s award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha Motif-based models, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities. The software uses the Song/Mixing/Multi Mode of the Motif-based instruments to provide 16 part multi-timbral templates with the kind of fully interactive real-time controlled grooves that only KARMA can produce.
Changes in KARMA Motif Software v3.1
- Supports 5 Yamaha instruments: Motif XF, Motif XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack XS.
- Supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.9.x Mavericks, Universal.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit.
- Supports the Steinberg CMC-PD and CMC-QC external controllers, among others.
- Adds additional control ports for use with more external devices at the same time.
- New Previous Scene, Next Scene and Startup Scene functions.
- New Phase Activity Display shows the relationship of each Module’s Phase Pattern.
- Support for scrolling via MouseWheel/Trackpad where applicable.
- Revised and updated Help File including .pdf version; new and updated Tutorials.
- Other new features, enhancements, and improvements.
KARMA Motif for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $199 USD. The update is free for any current owners.
More information: Karma-Lab
Karma-Lab has released Catalyst Volume 1, a collection of sounds for Korg’s Kronos, OASYS, M3, and M50.
The first chapter in our new Catalyst Series, this collection will catalyze your creativity with a burst of inspirational jaw-dropping grooves.
Contains 32 incredible Combis for the Korg Kronos, M3, OASYS, or M50 (with KARMA M50 Software), making full use of the revolutionary KARMA function. Your keyboard (and your brain) may never be the same!
The Kronos, M3 and OASYS versions can be loaded directly into your keyboard, or used with the optional KARMA Kronos Software, KARMA M3 Software and KARMA Oasys Software. The M50 version requires already having the KARMA M50 Software.
Catalyst Volume 1 features
- Emphasizing “quality over quantity,” each of the 32 Combis is composed of a full 4 GEs and 8 fully-voiced Scenes for maximum variability.
- Features extensive real-time control via the KARMA Realtime Controls (8 sliders, 8 switches) and the other controllers (joystick, ribbon, vector joystick (Kronos, OASYS), XY Pad (M3), 8 RT knobs or sliders and 2 switches over joystick).
- Includes grooves and sonic textures in a wide variety of styles, ranging from a mixture of Hip-Hop, Dance, Trance & Techno categories to Ambient, Jazz, Classical, New-Age & World/Ethnic categories.
- Each Combi is fully and meticulously documented in the accompanying 71 page User’s Guide.
- Programmed by Eric J. Sawyer and KARMA Developer Stephen Kay, with each combi going through a rigorous testing and quality control program to make sure everything works, and works well!
Catalyst Volume 1 is available to purchase for $32 USD.
More information: Karma-Lab / Catalyst Volume 1