Reusenoise has released Olga: Heaven & Hell, a collection of sounds for the Olga synthesizer by Stillwell Audio.
Olga:Heaven & Hell, 64 new patches for these great synth.
From raw bass sounds, to lushy, gentle pads, warm leads, drum sounds.
Olga: Heaven & Hell is available to purchase as a download for 4.99 EUR.
More information: Reusenoise
Stillwell Audio has announced the release of version 2.0 of all its plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
As developers of audio plugins, we concentrate on the senses…pristine sound along with functional user interfaces that invite you to use them. No cookie-cutter textbook DSP formulas with all the serial numbers filed off; we just write plugins that sound good.
Changes in Stillwell Audio plug-ins v2.0
- All plug-ins now have Windows x64 versions.
- Formal support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes for graphics and host handling.
- New .dmg-based installer for Mac plug-ins.
More information: Stillwell Audio
Stillwell Audio has released Bombardier, a buss compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Bombardier is our most ambitious project to date – a premium quality buss compressor, tailored for smooth and musical processing of complex audio such as drum groups, vocal stems and your full stereo mix, lending a controllable sense of weight, fluidity and cohesion.
Bombardier gives a nod to the non-linear and frequency-variant subtleties of a wide range of Grade-A hardware buss compressors, and should you wish these can be pushed almost into the realms of a character compressor.
- Due to its RMS compression engine, Bombardier is ideally suited to final mixdown and mastering usage, as well as for those who like to set up buss dynamics first and then mix ‘into’ the buss compressor.
- New and unique ‘bomb’ processing algorithm which, when selected, gives attack and release settings that are effectively instantaneous while yielding exceptionally smooth gain reduction. Bomb mode is sure to become a firm favourite with mastering engineers the world over, but can also give extremely satisfying results in single track and buss applications.
- Five different and highly effective pre-emphasis filter modes vary Bombardier’s response to the frequency spectrum and are key to preserving transparency during full-mix compression.
- Very flexible, offering forward/feedback topologies, variable and automatic release behaviours, sidechain operation, parallel processing and variable gain reduction range limiting.
- Choosing appropriate settings for the task at hand is critical to getting the best out of Bombardier, so a full range of well chosen presets are provided.
Bombardier is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) priced at $59 USD. A Reaper-only/non-commercial use license is available for $39 USD.
More information: Stillwell Audio / Bombardier
Schwa has released CMX, a stereo microshifter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
CMX thickens and enhances monophonic audio by doubling the signal and applying small amounts of pitch shift and/or time delay to each side.
This technique is often applied to vocals or lead lines. With a light hand, CMX can add just enough fullness to give a part extra presence in a mix. With a heavier hand, CMX can create a rich and polished “expensive production” sound. The added presence is especially effective in musical styles that make minimal use of reverb.
CMX uses a new, unique pitch identification and shifting algorithm from Schwa that is designed and optimized for small, precise pitch shifts, from one cent to a quarter-tone, with perfect phase coherence and maximum smoothness. You can use CMX on exposed, high-quality vocal tracks with complete confidence.
Schwa CMX is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $50 USD. A Reaper-only, personal use license is available for $30 USD.
Stillwell Audio has also recently released Windows x64 installers for Schwa Olga, Tin Man, Schope, and Bitter.
Visit Stillwell Audio for more information and audio demos.
Schwa at Stillwell Audio has released version 1.50 of schOPE, a multitool, multiview, multichannel waveform, frequency, and stereo phase analyzer that lets you superimpose and view multiple audio signals from every dimension.
Isolate and zoom in on exactly the part of the signal you want to see. Freeze the display and use the time offset knobs to visually scrub frequency changes.
schOPE v1.50 is easier to use, prettier, and lower CPU use.
All other Stillwell Audio plug-ins have been updated to v1.52.02 to fix an inadvertent “go-to-website” bug.
Visit Stillwell Audio / Schwa for more information.