Cinesamples has announced version 1.1 of CineStrings Core, a Kontakt Player powered orchestral string instrument library.
CineStrings is revolutionary in its power and simplicity for recreating the sound of the orchestral string section. The library was designed by composers, for composers, with direct feedback from the film music community during its development. The result is a string library that is easy to use, composer-friendly, with unparalleled recording quality.
Changes in CineStrings v1.1
- sustain pedal now holds out sample for all sustain articulations and modes.
- reworked how Room Tone is handled in the script.
- numerous miscellaneous bug fixes.
- smoothed out vibrato morphing.
- Hairpin Creator will continue to be active if the sustain pedal is held down.
- velocity curves of regular sustains have been updated.
- added split articulations patches, one for each vibrato layer.
- added split ensemble sustain patches, one for each vibrato layer.
- Polyphonic legato:
- Increased voice capacity to 4.
- Voice Crossing feature added.
- increased the general playability of this mode.
- miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Monophonic legato:
- fixed bug that occasionally allowed multiple voices to trigger at once.
CineStrings Core is currently on sale for $449.10 USD (regular $499 USD).
More information: Cinesamples / CineStrings Core
Applied Acoustics Systems has releases String Studio VS-2, an updated version of the string modelling synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
String Studio VS-2 is a string modeling synthesizer plug-in that swaps the traditional oscillator sound source for a string.
With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features—you won’t believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
Changes in String Studio VS-2
- Factory library — The completely renewed factory library has well over 600 production-ready sounds classified for fast and intuitive exploration.
- Sean Divine signature sounds — A collection of 50 inspiring signature presets by producer Sean Divine.
- Compressor and equalizer — These new additions are perfect to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
- Limiter — The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the synth’s parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
- Streamlined interface — Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides String Studio VS-2 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the performance and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you tweak and create your sound; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for a final sheen.
- Bank and program manager — String Studio VS-2’s new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
- Backward compatible with VS-1 presets — Simply put your String Studio VS-1 exported presets in String Studio VS-2‘s bank folder to convert them.
- Overhauled effects — Reinvigorated and polished, String Studio VS-2’s multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date!
- Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files — String Studio VS-2 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.
- Native 64-bit AU, VST, and AAX plugins — String Studio VS-2 now runs in native 64-bit on Mac OS X and Windows making it compatible with the latest sequencers.
String Studio VS-2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for the introductory price of $99 USD until July 1st, 2014 (regular $199 USD). The just-released Frontier sound bank by Daniel Stawczyk is included free of charge during this promotion.
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Sable – “Ensembles”, an instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We have cherry picked the most esssential and popular articulations from this blue chip library to make Sable available in an “ensembles format” for the first time. Each articulation has been painstakingly re-mixed to get the best balance of sections with no audible transitions between them. At last we can not only work these into our arrangements and orchestrations but actually compose with them from the get go too.
BML Sable is a totally unique and very special string series that concentrates on extreme detail, beauty and nuance. Made up from a small band (4,3,3,3) of the finest players London has to offer and recorded at Air Studios, one of the greatest recording studios in the world. Sable is part of the British Modular Range, arguably the greatest sounding ultra-deep-sampled orchestral range on the planet today.
Ensembles is made up of the “greatest hits” of the four volumes released thus far. From simple longs, longs muted, staccatos and spiccatos, to the beguiling flautando, sul tasto and harmonics. For users unfamiliar with the Sable range this is the opportunity to taste the riches of it whilst having the non fussy ease-of-use of an ensemble range. With the ensemble playing 15 different articulations all with full Sable spec vibrato, dynamic and round robin control, with 4 stereo mic positions, 20,996 samples giving 42.4 hours of pure content, 40.9GB uncompressed 24 bit data with a lossless compressed download size of 28.4GB.
The library is available for purchsae for the introductory price of £199 GBP until July 1st, 2014 (regular £249 GBP). Existing Sable users will receive an additional 20% off voucher for this library.
More information: Spitfire Audio / Sable – “Ensembles”
Spitfire Audio has announced Mural Strings Vol 2, the second volume in a instrument series of Kontakt libraries that feature a large symphonic string band with in-situ recorded violins, violas, cellos and basses, which each can be controlled totally independently within the collection.
This volume features a carefully curated selection of articulations to compliment volume one, giving the discerning professional greater detail, colour and depth of expression with some must-haves thrown in for good measure!
Articulations include fully functional* legato portamento & detache, carefully measured 1’0 shorts 0’5 shorts and the gentle tapping of bows against strings with col legno. Greater emotion and expression with longs molto vib (molto espressivo), haunting longs sul pont, longs sul pont con sordino, and the searing longs sul pont distorted. Heart breaking longs sul tasto with must-have measured trems and trills. Finally we have a selection fx curated, produced and orchestrated by award winning composers with “tense” longs worth the price of admission alone! We’ve also filled in some of the gaps in Volume 1 with bartok pizz, harmonics and unmeasured trems for the second violins and violas.
The library is available for purchase for the introductory price of £339 GBP until June 1st, 2014 (regular £399 GBP). In celebration of the release, volume 1 is also discounted 10% for a limited time.
More information: Spitfire / Mural Strings Vol 2
FrozenPlain has launched Ancient Chordophone, an unusual string instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Ancient Chordophone is a Kontakt 5 plucked string library. The sound could be described as an organic-hybrid guitar. It is not designed to be a ‘real’ instrument, but rather a fun and useful sound. It’s great for atmospheric stuff and for making rhythms using the included arpeggiator.
Ancient Chordophone features
- Morphed presets – with synths, strings and sustained samples.
- 3 round robin.
- Attack/ Release and Low/High EQ controls.
- Random slider that randomises note start time.
- Arpeggiator with 6 presets.
- Stereo recordings at 96kHz/24bit.
- 21 sound design impulses.
- 4 effects; distortion, rotator, reverb and tempo synced delay with presets.
- 20 presets.
The library is available to purchase for $9 USD.
More information: FrozenPlain / Ancient Chordophone
More posts that match this tag
8Dio Productions has announced the release of CAGE String, the first title in a series of orchestral effects libraries for Native Instruments Kontakt. The CAGE String Edition contains an articulation list second and comes in … read more
FrozenPlain has announced the release of Phoenix, a strings and choir instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt which offers more than just samples. Phoenix handles almost like a synth; it has envelopes, velocity controls, 2 … read more
AudioThing has announced a plug-in version of Strings, the sample library previously released for Kontakt and IRIS. Strings is a collection of sampled string instruments ported from our homonymic sampleset for iZotope Iris. This soundset … read more
Spitfire Audio has launched Mural Symphonic Strings Vol 1, a new British Modular Range series sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt. After the masterful simplicity of the Albion – epic ‘out-of-the-box’ orchestral ensembles and the … read more
Kirk Hunter Studios has launched Spotlight Strings, a virtual solo string library for Native Instruments Kontakt. This year Kirk Hunter Studios, a leading developer of high quality string, brass and orchestral sample libraries, is introducing … read more
Prime Loops has launched Epic Staccato Strings, a sample pack featuring 885MB of dramatic string samples & orchestral loops. Whether composing thrilling film scores or adding some extra musical excitement to Hip Hop, Pop, Reggaeton, … read more
Cinesamples has announced the release of CineStrings CORE, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt that contains the basic set of articulations needed to do most of the traditional writing and programming for the … read more
The Producers Choice has announced Urban Strings, a professional grade string sample library made exclusively for urban and hip-hop music producers. Urban Strings Sample Library runs in Kontakt 5 – and comes with over 1.35GB … read more
Embertone has recently released Intimate Strings Lite: Solo Cello, a free virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Our free Solo Cello was created for our Facebook community – it’s an octave + of a … read more
Organic Loops has launched Real Strings Vol. 5 – Uplifting Cinematic, a collection of string loops by Pete Whitfield. Pete Whitfield is back with a fresh set of Real String loops featuring Uplifting Cinematic arrangements … read more
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Sable Volume 2, a string library for Native Instruments Kontakt. Spitfire are delighted to release the hotly anticipated second volume in our detailed new String library. Volume 2 … read more
EastWest has announced the release of Silver Editions of its Hollywood Strings and Hollywood Brass virtual instruments for Windows and Mac. The price for these editions is $199 each, which is an incredible bargain given … read more
The Drum Broker has announced 808s & String Breaks, a sample pack by !llmind. “For the longest time, I’ve had the idea to develop a complete sound kit consisting of nothing but string sections. Classical … read more
Organic Loops has launched Strings Ultimate Collection Series 1, the first in a new series of high quality string solo and ensemble loops by Frontline Producer. For the last few weeks here at Frontline Towers, … read more
Sound Magic has announced the release of the Mac VST version of its Orchestral Strings One free virtual instrument. Orchestral Strings One was recorded utilizing the legendary acoustics in the famous Berliner Hall – home … read more