Avid has announced global academic pricing for Pro Tools version 9 and Sibelius version 6, giving college-level students, educators and academic institutions around the world up to 50 percent savings and access to the same music creation solutions used by top professionals in the production and recording industries.
Now, college-level students, teachers and educational institutions can purchase Pro Tools Academic for $295 USMSRP and Sibelius Academic for $295 USMSRP. Students purchasing Pro Tools Academic will also receive four years of free upgrades, allowing them to stay current on the industry’s leading digital audio workstation for the ultimate competitive advantage when joining the workforce.
Additionally, current Pro Tools LE® Academic customers with Mbox® 2 series hardware or higher, and Pro Tools® M-Powered™ Academic customers, can crossgrade to the latest version of Pro Tools Academic for $125 USMSRP and $175 USMSRP, respectively. All student crossgrade customers receive four years of free upgrades as well.
Pro Tools Academic and Sibelius Academic are available now at Avid resellers worldwide. Sibelius Academic can also be purchased on the Avid webstore.
More information: Avid
Live-courses.com is a new website which features two Ableton Live online video courses for Beginners/Intermediate and Advanced level students.
The courses are designed and delivered by Ableton Certified trainer Rob Jones. The online video training courses can be studied at times which suit you, wherever you are located. They are supported by course materials, notes and projects which you download as you progress, making this the first course of its kind in the music software industry!
- Modular Format.
- Online Delivery.
- Custom Access 24/7/365.
- Certified Trainer.
- Course Notes for every Module.
- Certificate on completion.
- Ableton Live 8 compatible.
- Online forums for discussion.
- Free Novation Bass Station Synth.
- Over 750 MB of free Royalty Free samples from Loopmasters.
Single Courses are available at £149 GBP with a special promo on both courses for £225 GBP. Please Note: If you register today you can get 1 Free 20 Minute Video from each course and a full Info Pack at no cost.
Loopmasters visitors get 20% off all courses with this exclusive coupon code: LM20
More information: Live-Courses.com
Point Blank, London, the UK’s premier Music Production college are currently celebrating the global successes of three past students in the Remix arena. Namely: Detboi, Gareth Wyn and Jahawi.
- Detboi (Producer / Remixer & DJ) – After taking the Minimal Techno, Mixing Dance Music and Deep & Soulful House courses at Point Blank Online Music Production School, Detboi saw his crazy brand of tropical flavoured, bass-heavy rave skyrocket to releases on massive labels including Skint, Surface Noise and Herve’s Cheap Thrills. Despite his success, Detboi continues to enrol on Point Blank’s courses and expand his diverse knowledge of dance music production.
- Gareth Wyn (Beyonce & Leona Remixes Released by Sony) – Gareth has remixed Beyonce’s last two singles and Leona Lewis’ recent comeback single ‘Happy’ for Sony and his own tracks have been released on Maelstrom, CR2 and Ministry of Sound, winning acclaim from the likes of Paul van Dyk, Pete Tong and BT.
And he’s continued his highly successful association with Liverpool superclub Cream, with a main room residency in Ibiza and a slamming set at this years Creamfields. The turning point says Gareth was learning with Point Blank’s Danny J Lewis – “That was the course that brought everything together for me and gave me the kick start I needed”. Keep your eyes on the booth and ears to the speaker – Gareth Wyn is on fire!
- Jahawi – Within six months of enrolling at Point Blank, former student Jahawi had two remixes released – for none other than Armand Van Helden!!
“I’d been dabbling in production for a few months before I went to Point Blank. I found that I could get to a certain point, but I couldn’t use the equipment to its full potential. I was getting frustrated. I had all these ideas but I didn’t have the skills to translate what was in my head into music.”
Jahawi didn’t waste any time in putting his new-found skills into practice.
His remixes of Armand Van Helden’s “A Track Called Jack” and “I Want Your Soul.” have been released in the UK by Southern Fried Records and in the US by Ultra Records.
Point Blank’s next 4 week online Remixing Course starts 29th November 2010 featuring exclusive input from these professional remixers: CJ Mackintosh, Phil Asher, Ben Medcalf, Grant Nelson, Gareth Wyn, Mike Koglin and Danny J Lewis. Plus interviews with the following labels: CR2, Freerange, Island Records, Noys and remix assets from Reelgroove.
Limited places for this course are still available. It costs £325 GBP.
More information: Point Blank
NuGen Audio has announded some special offers for new and existing students.
I am pleased to announce a new set of offers especially designed for those of you who are heading back or starting new academic studies at this time of the year.
From now until the end of October we are offering special educational discounts to all new and existing students to help make those tight finances go that little bit further!
This special offer is only available until the end of October, 2009.
More information: NuGen Audio / Back to School Offer