Event Electronics has announced the 20/20BAS, a nearfield studio monitor speaker.
First released in 1995, the original 20/20 nearfield studio monitor revolutionised the recording industry and secured itself a place in the hearts of audio engineers the world over for its truthful reproduction and outstanding sonic character.
Now Event is proud to announce a new generation of clarity, transparency and definition with the release of the 20/20BAS. This two-way front ported speaker incorporates a number of fundamental improvements over the original model while remaining true to its tonal character and performance strengths.
More information: Event Electronics
KRK Systems has introduced the Rokit RP10-3, a mid-field three-way monitor system.
Designed to deliver full range professional performance in a mid-field monitor package, the ROKIT RP10-3 breaks both performance and price barriers to give commercial and private studios the creative edge for critical listening environments. The integrated low frequency driver and cabinet design deliver true bass response down to 35Hz to yield an enhanced low end experience not found with other mid-field monitors. The ROKIT RP10-3 also offers a unique rotatable tweeter/midrange speaker mount plate that ensures accurate acoustic alignment for vertical and horizontal installation, making it at home in any studio.
Rokit RP10-3 features
- True 3-Way Design enabling the most important part of the frequency spectrum to be reproduced by a separate midrange driver, resulting in an incredibly neutral midrange response.
- Axis Control – The monitors can be placed and positioned vertically and horizontally without losing proper axis orientation.
- Mid-Field – The Rokit RP10-3 is a mid-field monitor, with the optimal operating distance of 1m-4m depending on preference, room size, geometry, orientation, and configuration.
- Curved Baffle virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Front-firing Port is shape optimized to reduce turbulence and reduce boundary coupling.
- Tweeter Waveguide design provides amazing detail and imaging by optimizing directivity and phase response.
- 1″ Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter This tweeter design utilizes a silk dome for detailed high frequency reproduction.
- Ferro fluid Damping / Cooling The properties of ferro-fluid are used to control distortion and heat dissipation of the tweeter.
- Glass Aramid Composite creates very rigid Woofer and Midrange cones for excellent transient response and accurate vocal reproduction.
- KRK High Efficiency Tri-Amp a triple amplification system provides discrete low-distortion power for each driver. While our active three-way crossover systems provide smooth and accurate frequency response.
- Thermal and Overload / Clip Protection to prevent damage.
- Volume Control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB.
- HF Control enables adjustment of high frequency output most commonly affected by room acoustics.
- LF Control enables adjustment of low frequency output most commonly affected by room acoustics.
- Total Connectivity – The Rokit RP10-3 is fitted with dedicated balanced XLR, and¼” Line inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs.
More information: KRK Systems / Rokit RP10-3
KK audio labs has introduced the DS-6, a six-inch, two-way powered studio reference monitor.
The high-resolution KK audio labs DS-6 monitor speaker features a six-inch low frequency driver utilizing proprietary composite cone material together with a one-inch, custom-designed titanium composite high frequency tweeter. KK audio labs amplifier modules deliver 200W to the tweeter and 350W to the woofer respectively.
A unique feature of the DS series – which also includes the DS-8 eight-inch, two-way powered monitor – is the inclusion of four meticulously tuned presets that may be employed to optimize the monitor for any listening environment. Featuring balanced XLR inputs for connection to professional mixing consoles, computer audio interfaces, audiovisual equipment and consumer audio systems, the DS-6 handles a frequency range of 44 Hz – 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB) with a maximum Peak SPL of greater than 111 dB (per pair) of music power.
The very linear and quick transient response along with stunning bass impact and low distortion of the KK audio labs DS-6 is ensured through the use of the company’s proprietary Acoustic Cabinet Control (ACC™) technology in its state of the art cabinet design. The enclosure, measuring 13.9 in. (353.06 mm) x 12.6 in. (320.04 mm) x 12.9 in. (327.66 mm) (H x W x D), is constructed from very high density MDF with a custom gray finish. Each unit weighs 25 lb (11.3 kg).
More information: KK audio labs / DS-6
Mackie has announced a complete redesign of the MRmk2, its bestselling line of ultra-affordable powered studio monitors.
Featuring class-leading power with unmatched clarity and definition at its price point, the new series is sure to please those looking for a professional monitoring solution for project studios, edit suites and home theatres alike.
“Mackie is well known for delivering professional monitoring solutions at affordable prices,” remarked Mackie product manager, Matt Redmon. “Our new MRmk2 monitors deliver on all fronts, from an extended low-frequency response unmatched in their category, to the clear definition of mids and highs upon which engineers stake their reputations.”
Mackie MRmk2 studio monitors feature all-new professional transducers specifically designed to match their respective amplification. Both models employ a 1˝ neodymium magnet-driven soft dome tweeter featuring ferro-fluid cooling to help protect against power compression during wide dynamic playback. The 5.25˝ (MR5mk2) and 8˝ (MR8mk2) hyperbolic-curved cone woofers reduce severe cone resonances, drastically minimizing distortion.
The powerful, precision Class A/B amplifier section features XLR, TRS and RCA connectivity, along with user-adjustable acoustic controls for simple room correction. The robust cabinet is rear-ported, reducing distortion, and features an optimally-sized custom Waveguide and molded baffle, offering balance to the HF / LF content while increasing both the stereo imaging and depth of field.
More information: Mackie / MRmk2
Indaba Music has announced the Blue Microphones Songwriting Competition.
Purchasing a membership to Indaba Music is always a great idea, but the next two weeks will be the perfect time to join the state-of-the-art online music community. From January 10th through January 24th, Blue Microphones is proud to offer new and renewing Indaba members some of their innovative products. Blue Microphones will provide a free Icicle ($59 value)—a stylish new USB converter and mic preamp combo — with the purchase of a $50 Indaba “Pro” yearly membership. Those who purchase a $250 “Platinum” Indaba yearly membership will receive a free Yeti ($149 value) — the most advanced and versatile multi-pattern USB microphone available anywhere – plus, an Icicle. Both Indaba memberships also include free shipping, with no tax.
By joining Indaba, members also have the opportunity to enter the site’s latest original songwriting contest. Sponsored by Blue Microphones and beginning on January 10th through February 7th, artists can submit songs in any style featuring vocals for the chance to earn a Grand Prize that includes a round-trip flight to Los Angeles, two nights in a hotel, a day recording at Blue Microphones’ state-of-the-art studio and $1,000 cash.
IndabaMusic.com currently enables over 550,000 musicians from over 200 countries and territories to network and utilize professional recording, music lessons, artistic collaborations, and other career-making opportunities at its recently launched Opportunity Marketplace. Multi-platinum recording artist Rivers Cuomo of Weezer said, “Indaba opens the door for a giant population of musicians.”
In addition to receiving an Icicle, the annual ($50/year) Indaba “Pro” membership includes:
- Unlimited submissions to opportunities like major label record releases, remix competitions, music licensing, and jobs.
- Distribution of 15 songs to iTunes.
- An embeddable direct-to-consumer store.
- 15% off purchases of digital sheet music and video lessons.
- Discounts from Connect by Hertz, Sweetwater and Electronic Musician and more (a value of more than $200).
In addition to receiving a Yeti and an Icicle, the annual ($250/year) Indaba “Platinum” membership includes all the benefits of a “Pro” membership plus:
- Distribution of 50 songs to iTunes.
- 30% off purchases of digital sheet music and video lessons.
More information: Indaba Music / Blue Microphones Songwriting Competition
Related: Agile Partners
Posted in news
on Dec 15, 2010 - 0 comments
Agile Partners and Peavey Electronics have released version 1.1 of AmpKit, the amp and pedal studio with extensive recording and re-amping capabilities.
Now a “universal” app supporting iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, AmpKit 1.1 is available for free to everyone who already purchased AmpKit for iPhone/iPod touch.
In addition, any gear (i.e., amps, pedals, mics) you already purchased can be easily shared across devices using AmpKit’s Restore Purchases functionality. AmpKit 1.1 leverages the iPad’s seamless rotation between landscape and portrait orientations and takes full advantage of the iPad’s larger display. For example, you can view an entire amp and pedal setup while simultaneously modifying gear settings, or view as many as 15 setups or presets at once without scrolling.
AmpKit 1.1 provides users with a delightful interactive experience that includes beautiful amp and pedal artwork designed specifically for iPad.
Changes in AmpKit v1.1
- Audio Copy and Paste. You can now copy AmpKit recordings and paste them into other apps, and paste audio from other apps into AmpKit as backing tracks or dry guitar audio. AmpKit supports both Sonoma’s AudioCopy/AudioPaste standard and Apple’s General Pasteboard.
- Amazing New Gear. AmpKit 1.1 offers a new American Acoustic amp with 16 built-in effects, a Tremo-LOL pedal with American and British tremolo modes, and the Wahba Doo all-in-one envelope filter + auto-wah + manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- Awesome New Bundles. You’ll find three new bundles in AmpKit 1.1 featuring discounts ranging from 50% to 70% compared to individual component prices! In fact, you can buy almost every item in the Gear Store via these highly discounted biundles.
- And Much More! AmpKit 1.1 offers a ton of additional new features and enhancements including the ability to place pedals both before and after the amp; instant access to your iPod music library so you can jam along; setup sharing, favorites and locking; quick jump from one favorite setup or preset to another; and a lot more!
AmpKit is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store. AmpKit+, which includes all the gear in the free version of AmpKit plus 3 amazing amps and 8 essential pedals at less than 1/2 their individual prices, is available for $19.99 USD.
More information: Agile Partners / AmpKit
Related: audio interface
, operating systems
Posted in news
on Nov 17, 2010 - 0 comments
Roland has announced the release of new system software for its V-STUDIO 700 and V-STUDIO 100 computer recording products.
This revision adds support for Roland’s newly developed VS Streaming driver technology, and also the ability to use the OCTA-CAPTURE USB 2.0 Audio Interface to expand the units’ I/O capabilities.
VS Streaming represents a breakthrough in driver technology for digital audio workstations, providing ultra-low latency performance and unprecedented stability. With VS Streaming, V-STUDIO 700 and 100 users can enjoy rock-solid operation at latencies as low as one millisecond at 44.1kHz and 48kHz. The cross-platform VS Streaming driver is available for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP operating systems, as well as Mac OS X.
With the new system software, V-STUDIO 700 and 100 users can now use the new OCTA-CAPTURE USB 2.0 Audio Interface to add an additional 10 inputs and eight outputs to their computer recording setups. When a V-STUDIO and an OCTA-CAPTURE are both connected to a computer via USB, the new VS Streaming driver treats them both as one integrated device, making it seamless for users to access their newly expanded I/O within their DAW software.
Designed to provide superb sound quality that will satisfy even the most demanding audio professionals, OCTA-CAPTURE features 10 inputs and 10 outputs, including eight premium-grade microphone preamps. These VS Preamps the same high-end mic preamps found in Roland’s V-Mixer series of commercial digital mixing consoles, as well as the acclaimed V-STUDIO 700.
To take advantage of these new features, V-STUDIO 700 users should upgrade to System Version 1.3 or higher, while V-STUDIO 100 users should upgrade to System Version 1.5 or higher. In addition, users should install the latest V-Studio driver for their computer operating system.
The system updates and VS Streaming drivers are free downloads for all V-STUDIO 700 and 100 owners.
More information: Roland