, samples and sound libraries
, string machine
Posted in news
on Apr 09, 2014 - 0 comments
Soniccouture has released The Attic, a bundle of 10 virtual instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Attic : a project to document and sample interesting, characterful instruments that may not always be the obvious choice when we think of classics.
Instruments which, when added to a track, instantly add some special magic, even if it is due to the fact that it sounds a bit cheap or quirky.
We asked around some friendly producers: Neil Davidge, Adrian Utley and Liam Howe were all happy to open up their attics to us, and the resulting collection is a fascinating journey into the corners early analogue synthesis, offering a huge palette of sounds to reach into when you need colour, character and exuberance.
The Attic features
- 10 Unique Instruments: Roland RS202 String Machine, Korg LP10 Analog Piano, Suzuki Omnichord, Jennings Univox, Minikorg 700s, Hammond Solovox, Synthi AKS, Roland SH2000, Godwin String Concert, Philips Philicorda
- Authentic Analogue Sample modelling.
- Over 350 Presets.
- Kontakt Player Compatible.
- 7.8 GB Core Library.
The Attic is available for purchase for $149 USD / £119 GBP / 129 EUR. Until May 2nd, 2014, you can use coupon code URR3K3Y to get $30 USD / 20 EUR off.
More information: Soniccouture / The Attic
Loopmasters has released Food For Live – Toy Factory, a collection of Ableton sound libraries by Puremagnetik.
Hacked, glitched and tricked out toys will invade your Ableton Library. Twisted electronics, chaotic circuit-bent synthesizers and classic toy store favorites all await your madness with Toy Factory.
Toy Factory features
- Includes content from the following libraries:
- Bender – Circuit bent loops and glitchy percussion kits from modified electronic devices.
- HackShop – Layered basses, pads and percussion sampled from circuit bent devices and modified signal processors.
- ToyBox 1 – Toys, gadgets and music education devices. From plastic accordions to toy vibraphones, Toybox is bursting with creative sounds.
- ToyBox 2 – Multi-sampled toys, speaking devices, handmade wooden instruments, classic noisemakers & battery-powered plastic gizmos.
- Ultrakord – An electronic instrument inspired by the extraordinary sounds & strumming interface of the Suzuki Omnichord.
- Over 100 Live Clips.
- Over 300MB of High quality multi samples.
- Over 30 Expertly programmed Ableton Live Racks.
- Highly detailed Ableton Macro integration.
- Native Ableton Live Effects integration.
Food For Live – Toy Factory is available to purchase for £17.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Food For Live – Toy Factory
Puremagnetik has released Ultrakord, an electronic instrument inspired by the extraordinary sounds & strumming interface of the Suzuki Omnichord.
An Omnichord is an electronic musical instrument, introduced in 1981 and manufactured by the Suzuki Musical Instrument Corporation. It typically features a touch plate, and buttons for major, minor, and diminished chords. The most basic method of playing the instrument is to press the chord buttons and swipe the touch plate with a finger or guitar pick in imitation of strumming a stringed instrument.
Puremagnetik has taken the Omnichord concept to a new level, building a sophisticated adaptation of a truly classic instrument.
- Sampled Strums of all 84 Chord Variations for One-Finger-Play.
- Multi-sampled Bass and Melodic tones.
- Individual instrument modules as well as combined multi-channel instruments.
- Over 30 Loops of new accompaniment patterns.
- Custom Ableton Racks, Kontakt KSP GUI and Logic Channel Strips.
Ultrakord is now available to Purmagnetik subscribers ($5.75 USD/month, $60 USD/year, $299 USD/All Access Pass).
More information: Puremagnetik / Ultrakord