Puremagnetik has released Grainscapes, a collection of haunting, granular synthesized cinematic textures and ambiences for scoring or sound design applications.
Throughout many weeks of programming, Puremagnetik sound designers employed a powerful Symbolic Sound Kyma System (well known for its granular synthesis capabilities) for manipulation of conventional instrument samples.
Grainscapes was created through a process of spectral analysis, granular resynthesis, filtering and advanced jitter/ frame automation. The result is a collection of bending metal, shimmering glass structures, dark ambiences, choirs and more.
- Over 20 multi-sampled programs.
- Ableton “Live Ready” with advanced macro control programming.
- Kontakt KSP based interface for easy editing.
- “Renoise Ready” XRNI files for instant playability.
- Scoring for picture standard at 24 bit 48k.
Grainscapes is now available to Puremagnetik subscribers.
More information: Puremagnetik / Grainscapes
Twisted Tools has released Kero’s Bits & Beats, a free sample pack by by Detroit Underground Record’s Kero.
“Here is a collection of loops/samples taken from my Logic tracks that I have been working on for the past year. All samples made with Kyma Pacarana, Machinedrum, Virus TI, Monomachine, Nord3 and Monome. I hope you can make something interesting with them, Enjoy. ” – Kero
Kero’s Bits & Beats features
- 184MB of royalty free oneshots and loops.
- 16bit/44.1khz samples.
- Battery Kits.
- Kyma Kits by Carla Scaletti (KYMA Inventor and President of Symbolic Sound Corp.
Kero’s Bits & Beats is available as a free download for registered Twisted Tools users (registration free).
More information: Twisted Tools / Kero’s Bits & Beats
Puremagnetik has released Onda, an expressive collection of instruments created by cross synthesizing various materials and resonanting bodies.
What if you could pluck a water bottle? Or blow through a church bell as a flute? Brush a harp made out of steel guitar strings? This experimental collection of sounds was created with these concepts in mind.
Using a Symbolic Sound Kyma System, Puremagnetik developers analyzed a collection of resonating bodies as struck, plucked and banged with sticks, bricks, brushes and more. Employing Kyma’s advanced spectral processing features, these six new hybrid instruments bring lifelike physical models of completely fictitious instruments right to your sampler. In addition, Onda comes packed with over 40 professionally performed Live Clips and SIAL Apple Loops.
All Onda instruments were created using the Harm Visser Kyma Physical Modeling Toolkit (http://www.hvsynthdesign.com/kymax.php)
- 6 Multisampled programs, each with expressive velocity layering.
- High Quality 24 bit samples.
- Advanced Ableton Live Macro Controls.
- AET filtering and morphing for Kontakt to create unlimited sound variations.
- Over 40 Live Clips and SIAL Apple Loops.
- Requires Ableton Live 8.2.1, Kontakt 4.2 or Logic 8.
Onda is now available to download for Puremagnetik subscribers.
More information: Puremagnetik / Onda
Micah Frank has announced the release of Tectonic, a free sound library.
The Tectonic compilation includes almost an hour of earthquake sonifications that can be listened to as a full length album, or played as an instrument in Ableton Live. The Live instrument includes over 30 high quality samples arranged as a menu of soundscapes.
The compilation’s source material originated from US Geological Survey data, parsed by Cycling 74’s Max/MSP and synthesized in Symbolic Sound’s Kyma X.
More information: Micah Frank / Tectonic
, Empirical Labs
, samples and sound libraries
, Symbolic Sound
, Thermionic Culture
, Valley People
Posted in news
on Dec 28, 2010
Tonebuilder has announced an end of the year sale for its Driven Machine Drums 1.5 sample library.
A library designed to keep you in the creative flow all the time, recorded directly from the source through some of the best equipment in the world.
Driven Machine Drums 1.5
- 4,114 Total Samples, 24 Bit.
- Synthesis Sources: Euro Modular (Cwejman, Wiard, MOTM, MakeNoise+), Serge Modular, Elektron Machine Drum, Symbolic Sound Kyma Capybara, Eventide H8000FW, Korg ER-1, E-mu SP-1200, Oberheim DMX, Emu Mo Phatt, Yamaha DX200, Roland TR909, TR808, TR707, TR606, Vermona DRM-1 MKIII, Jomox MBase 11, Acidlabs Miami, Jomox MBrane 11, Drumfire DF500, Simmons SDS-1000, MFB-503, Elektron Monomachine.
- Analog Processing: Thermionic Culture Vulture, Anamod ATS-1 w/ all cards, Neve 1073 Preamp, Atlas Pro Juggernaut Twin, A-Design EM-Gold, Source Plus Tube Amp w/ 1957 NOS French Mazda Tubes, Empirical Labs Distressor, Moog MF101, Mutronics Mutator, Dynacord VRS-23, Avedis E-27, TK-BC1, Valley People Dynamite, Schippman Ebbe und Flut.
Driven Machine Drums 1.5 is available to purchase at 25% off until 1 January, 2011.
- 24 Bit Wav/Aif, Guru Kits: $57 USD.
- 24 Bit Kontakt, EXS-24, Wav/Aif, Guru Kits: $65 USD.
More information: Driven Machine Drums
Symbolic Sound has released Kyma Control, an app for the iPad which gives sound designers, musicians, and researchers a new wireless multi-touch controller for the Kyma/Paca(rana) sound design workstation.
For use in the studio, on stage, in a theatre or performance venue, in an installation, in the lab, at home, or in classroom, Kyma Control frees you from having to sit in front of your computer. Put yourself in the middle of the audience, inside the sound field, and perform your Sounds in an expressive, intuitive manner using multi-touch. Performers can have access to sound controls from the stage or in the recording studio, and voice talent can have access to a silent controller in the voice-over booth. In perception and speech experiments, subjects can use a wireless, silent controller with no mechanical parts, perfect for sound-isolation booths.
Kyma Control features
- An auto-mapped, labelled, bi-directional controller/display that mirrors Kyma’s Virtual Control Surface. All of the controls you see on the computer screen are also available on the iPad screen, including the Preset selection and Roll-the-dice options.
- A multi-touch pen/tablet-style controller, tracking as many as 11 fingers with identifying color trails to help you keep track of where your fingers are touching the screen.
- A standard piano-style keyboard with discrete or continuous pitches and an extra dimension for !KeyTimbre control in Kyma.
- A Tonnetz pitch-space keyboard with configurable vertical and horizontal intervals for experimenting with different pitch layouts.
- Plus accelerometer and compass-heading controls. Accelerometers supply both triggers and continuous controls based on acceleration in the X, Y, and Z directions, along with controls corresponding to Pitch, Roll and Yaw. A compass heading control corresponds to the current direction of the iPad and is useful for panning and other directional controls.
Kyma Control is available to purchase from the iTunes app store for $14.99 USD.
More information: Symbolic Sound / Kyma Control