Rough Diamond Productions has released whiteLABEL stWIP, a stereo digital channel strip effect plug-in for Windows.
General purpose : stWIP can be used pretty much anywhere you need stereo compression, gating, distortion or EQ. Each Filter and EQ band delivers upto 30 decibels of cut or gain and the 10 dynamics modes range from light compression to heavy companding. To top it off, the distortion unit can further boost (and/or destroy) your signal.
Bespoke : During development of stWIP, about 30 custom SynthEdit modules were created to handle the user interface and audio sub-system architecture. These modules are also available for developers to download : More information: here. The unique architecture of stWIP means it can quite easily be turned into a parallel Quad or Surround Processor – upto 12 channels … if you’d like a “wide” version of stWIP just register in the normal way, and then get in touch to let me know your required configuration, which will then be built for a modest additional fee.
stWIP is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows for £15 GBP.
More information: Rough Diamond Productions
Artifake_Labs has released RedTron, a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
RedTron is an updated version of the previously released Meltron MKX.
RedTron emulates “The Mellotron”, one of the most famous tape replay keyboard. RedTron is a sample-based VST plug-in, made with SynthEdit and totally free.
- Five sound types: 3 violins, 8-Voice Choir, Flute, Brass, String Section.
- “Loop” and “Non-Loop” modes: as the original “Mellotron”, each sound is eight seconds long but you can switch to “Loop Mode” and allows the samples to loop continuously.
- Layer possibilities & independent parameters for layer A & B:
- Attack, Release, Pan, Octave, Note, Pitch, Tone & volume parameters.
- Delay effect (Amount, Time, Feedback & Pan parameters).
- Reverb effect (Mix, Width, Size & Damp parameters).
- “Tape Noise” knob to simulate tape hiss.
- Can be used as Soundfont Player to mix any .sf2 file with “Tron sounds” or to extend the sound palette.
RedTron is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC. Download it here (MediaFire).
Visit Artifake_Labs for more information.
Osiris Synths has released RoChor, a freeware Roland Chorus emulation VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
- 4 Voice Chorus/Flanger/Widener module modeled after the Roland JP-8000 Chorus.
- 4 frequency divided LFO’s modulate 4 delay lines.
- Made with Synthedit, skin done in Skinman by g200kg.
RoChor is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows (donations appreciated).
Download RoChor here.
Majken has released updates for Chimera and Pan-Oh!-Rama, two freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Chimera is a noise driven synth focusing on pads and haunting leads, while Pan-Oh!-Rama is a powerful dual filter modulated by six LFO’s. Effects range from autopan, tremolo and filtersweeps to pure FM-madness.
Changes in Chimera & Pan-Oh!-Rama
- Multicore support; Plug-ins will no longer crash when running multiple instances on multicore systems.
- Faster loading times; Projects will load much faster, especially when running multiple instances.
- CPU optimizations; CPU usage should be slightly lower overall.
- Chimera: DC Offset bug fixed.
Chimera and Pan-Oh!-Rama are available as freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
Visit Majken for more information and links to download the plug-ins.
Morfiki has released Redu(p)cer, a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Are You into audio destruction? Than it’s Your perfect weapon. Modulate noise, quants and screams.
- True stereo processing.
- High pass filter with stereo spread.
- Low pass filter with stereo spread.
- Samplerater – samplerate reducer with stereo spread.
- All parameters controlled by MOFRIKI Preset System.
- Reset spread knobs and volume knob by double-clicking on knob’s name.
The plug-in is made with the SynthEdit SDK (with custom written modules). Morfiki is all about fun and tweakability.
Visit Morfiki for more information.
17hex has released Arachnid, a freeware 8 channel stereo drum sampler VSTi plug-in for Windows PC.
Why another drum plugin? Because the only ones I could find that had the features I wanted cost hundreds of dollars, and I think you should be able to get a Drum Sampler with envelopes, filters and loop/reverse for free!
- 8 channel stereo drum sampler
- Sample loop & reverse, sample position, start & end controls
- Pitch for each sample
- Multi-mode filter (LP/HP/BP/BR) with ADSR envelope
- ADSR envelope (amp)
- Panning and level controls
- Assignable outputs
Both the VST instrument and SynthEdit source files are available for download.
Visit 17hex for more information.
Tweakbench has released updated versions of all its VST plug-ins.
From the website:
Patience is a virtue, so here’s a little reward. all the plugins have a point release, updating many little things, and keeping things up to date. all of the cycler series, and everything using any granular processes should perform a bit better now, and i’m just a few days away from the newest addition to the family ;)
Changes in these updates
- All of the cycler series (breakdown, dropout, mashup, sideslip) should all get some bug fixes in regards to timing, and some CC issues.
- Anything with granular processes (pudding, minerva) should see some increased performance as well.
- Everything else has just been updated to use the latest external modules, and latest SynthEdit bug fixes to increase compatibility.
Tweakbench plug-ins for Windows PC are free (donations appreciated) and you can download a bundle of all the plug-ins for a donation of $5 USD.
Visit Tweakbench for more information.
Aldo Calpini has released version 1.0 of Fatmoo, a freeware VA type synth built with SynthEdit.
this is actually more or less a “proof of concept”, and it’s my first experience ever with SynthEdit and with sound design in general. your mileage may vary, of course.
Fatmoo v1. deliberately unusual features
- Oscillators (2 main + 6 LFO) have variable fatness. They can range from square (approx) to sin (approx) to triangle to “less than triangle” form. The knobs give visual feedback about the current waveform.
- All the usual parameters (OSC B pitch, cutoff, resonance, etc.) as well as oscillators fatness can be modulated with an LFO and an envelope. There are 6 LFOs and 6 EGs (envelope can also be inverted on parameters), you can mix them as you like.
- OSC B can modulate OSC A’s fatness (sorta FM, but with a different meaning for “F”, it sounds more like PWM than FM).
Note: Fatmoo is quite CPU hungry and some of the modulation combinations may produce very high and/or low frequencies, so use a limiter or keep the main volume low to protect your equipment/ears.
Fatmoo is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC. The SynthEdit source file is available for download as well.
Check the Fatmoo page for more information and a link to download the synth.