Propellerhead has announced the availability of Parsec, a spectral synthesizer for the Reason music production software for Windows and Mac.
Parsec adds a new style of synthesis to the rack and allows for a wealth of brand new sounds, textures and noises.
Parsec offers impressive tones for charismatic hooks, build-ups, pads, atmospheres and otherworldly sounds. It’s built to inspire, regardless of the musical genre it is used in: indiepop, techno, house or bass music.
Technically Parsec is an additive synthesizer, based around two advanced oscillators consisting of 512 partials each that are sculpted through two “modifiers”. There are 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs that can modulate parameters. There is also a delay and a reverb that add to the sonic palette, and a modulation bus, familiar to users of Propellerhead’s Thor synth.
- Additive synthesis without taxing your CPU—or your brain.
- A new palette of inspiring synth sounds for the Reason Rack.
- It’s a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec’s audio input.
- Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house, bass music, minimal techno, electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
- Based on interesting algorithms that encourage experimentation without requiring technical knowledge of additive synthesis.
- Integrated with the Reason rack: control Parsec from other sources; run audio through it; combine it with other instruments.
- Two engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time for ultra thick tones!
- Super-flexible internal routing with plenty of modulation sources.
The Parsec Rack Extension is available to purchase for 99 EUR / $119 USD.
More information: Propellerhead / Parsec
VotanDSP has announced the release of Votan Telepathy, a revolutionary synthesiser available for iOS and 32/64 bit OSX Audio Unit.
What makes Votan Telepathy different is that the two platforms (iOS & Audio Unit) are connected via the Votan Cloud and Control features, offering elegant cloud based preset storage alongside ultra low latency touch control. You can create sounds on the iPad that magically appear in your Audio Units and control an infinite array of Telepathy Audio Unit instances directly from the iPad.
Votan Telepathy iOS and Votan Telepathy AU can work independently, or in unison, offering you complete flexibility whether you are in the studio or on the road.
The Votan Platform is engineered as a dual use solution over both platforms (iOS / DAW). Everything you design on iOS will be available in your DAW.
Votan Telepathy features
- 4 Free Range Oscillators featuring alias free bandlimited waveshapes.
- 4 Multi-Filters featuring VA emulations, Digital LP, HP, BP, BR 2/4 pole and Formant Filters.
- 4 Envelopes, each with independent trigger.
- 4 LFOs featuring standard waveshapes, and morphing wavetables. Each LFO can be triggered independently.
- 4 FX Units with Chorus, Delay, Destroy, FreqShift, Glitch, and EQ algorithms.
- 1 Modulation Matrix – Routes all mod sources to any Telepathy parameter.
- 4 XY Pads.
- Full parameter automation in you chosen DAW.
- Votan Control – automatic connection low latency control from iOS to AudioUnit.
- Votan Cloud – elegantly store your favourite presets in the cloud for instant sharing over your devices.
Votan Telepathy for iOS and AU are available to purchase at an introductory 50% discount until the end of November 2013, priced at £4.99 GBP (iOS) and £29.99 GBP (AU).
More information: VotanDSP
Qneo has released version 3.1 of Voice Synth, a synthesizer app for voice sculpting.
Voice Synth is a specialized synthesizer for creative voice sculpting, for endless jamming fun and serious productions.
Speak, sing, hum and beatbox in the mic, tweak the controls and turn your voice live into a baby or tenor, a popstar on AutoPitch, a robot from Cylon to iDalek, a church or close harmony choir, animals from birds to dogs and lions, musical instruments from organs, guitars and a groovy bass to percussions and rich 70′s vocoders, amazing effects and ambient, lush string/storm soundscapes.
Changes in Voice Synth v3.1
- iOS7 inter-app audio input/effect support:
- Use Voice Synth as input or effect in other inter-app hosts.
- Control Voice Synth remotely via inter-app MIDI.
- Control the host recorder remotely via Voice Synth.
- iOS7 inter-app audio hosting support:
- Select inter-app input and effect.
- Record input directly into the sampler.
- Record the final result into the tape recorder.
- Operate Voice Synth’s tape recorder remotely from the input and effect.
- Voice Synth engine can now be used together with
- sampler recording, to hear your live-transformed voice while recording.
- tape play, to sing live while playing an earlier recording.
- Re-enabling of audiobus on iOS7 (we recommend to use inter-app audio).
- Note: iPhone 4 does not support inter-app audio and audiobus.
- Bugfix for use with VoiceOver on iPhone.
The Voice Synth app is available to purchase for $6.99 USD.
More information: Qneo Music
H.G. Fortune has released the STS-33 Pro synthesizer instrument for Windows as freeware.
The STS-33 “Space Transition Synthesizer” features the “Wave-Transition” method best suited for atmospheres, soundscapes, pads & textures. A straightforward user interface with 10 dedicated “Lazy”-Buttons for randomizing different sets of parameters makes programming easy. The Transition method plus the new Super Modulation X/Y control pad add a new dimension and motion for an evolving sound changing completely its characteristics.
STS-33 Pro features
- Super Modulation X/Y Control Pad to modulate up to 8 destinations simultaneously.
- Step Modulator – even driven by keystroke on non legato play.
- Enhanced LFO Section with 6 LFO and SH&H with 5 being syncable to keystroke.
- Frequency Split – have lower frequencies to mid-position (enhancing bass.) while the freqs. above can be panned.
- Four digital PCM-wave oscillators powered by 256 selectable waveforms.
- Two resonant filters (24db Lowpass and 12 db Highpass).
- Three ADSR-style envelope generators.
- Two output channels (F & D) with LoBoost, Saturate, Delay (+ modulation) and Pan to stereo sum.
- 10 dedicated Lazy buttons.
The STS-33 Pro plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
H.G. Fortune has also announced a limited time sale on its Serenity Pro plugin.
Serenity is a synthesizer aimed at creating various choir and string pad sounds. It is not meant to emulate a specific vintage string or choir machine, although you might find sounds resembling the flavours of the old machines.
Serenity Pro for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 5 EUR / $5 USD until November 10th, 2013 (regular 39 EUR / $45 USD).
More information: H.G. Fortune
Arturia has announced the availability of the MicroBrute analog synthesizer.
The MicroBrute is a compact semi-modular analog monosynth with inbuilt step sequencer, MIDI, USB, and CV connectivity, and a host of unique features.
Arturia’s award-winning MiniBrute Analog Synthesizer rapidly reset the price/performance ratio benchmark when soaring through the subtractive synthesis sound barrier last year to much critical acclaim and subsequent success. Today it is joined by its equally as big- sounding little brother, the MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer.
MicroBrute is pure analog sonic powerhouse of a synth. Small in size but loaded with features, it follows in the footsteps laid by its big brother the MiniBrute.
Packed with mixable waveforms, a new sub oscillator design, the famous Steiner-Parker multimode filter, super fast envelope, syncable LFO and the new step sequencer, not to mention the patchable mod matrix the MicroBrute is a landmark new synth at an incredible price.
- Monophonic synthesizer.
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path.
- Steiner-Parker Multimode Filter (LP, BP, HP).
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new Overtone Sub-Osc.
- Oscillator Mixer (Sub, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle).
- LFO with 3 waveforms and destination attenuator.
- Brute Factor™ delivering saturation and rich harmonics.
- Ultrasaw generating shimmering sawtooth waveforms.
- Metalizer bringing extreme triangle harmonics.
- Fast Envelope Generator.
- 25 note mini Keyboard.
- External Analog Audio Input (level pot on rear).
- CV Inputs: Pitch, Filter, Sub-mod, Pulse, Saw animator, metalizer, gate in..
- CV outputs: Pitch, Gate, Env, LFO.
- MIDI Inwith 5-Pin DIN connector.
- USB MIDI In/Out.
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/8” Headphone Output.
- Free Editor Software.
- Step Sequencer:
- 8 sequences stored on power down.
- Rate control.
- Sync to MIDI clock.
- Multiple modes (via software editor).
- Tap tempo/rest insert.
MicroBrute is available to purchase for 329 EUR / $349 USD.
More information: Arturia / MicroBrute