, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Sep 10, 2010 - 0 comments
Synthogy has announced that it will begin shipping Ivory II – Grand Pianos through its distributor ILIO and retail stores on September 13, 2010.
Ivory II – Grand Pianos will be the first of Synthogy’s new products to feature the all-new Ivory II piano DSP engine. It is the first major upgrade to all of its Ivory pianos since they were first launched. Significant improvements have been made to both the piano DSP engine and to the integrated sample libraries that come with the products. Following the release of Ivory II – Grand Pianos, the Ivory II upgrade to Synthogy’s Italian Grand will be available near the end of September, while the Ivory II upgrade to Upright Pianos is expected later this year.
The Ivory II piano DSP engine includes many new features Synthogy customers have been requesting, including Harmonic Resonance Modeling for Sympathetic String Resonance, Half Pedaling, Pedal Noise, Lid Position, Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, Tuning Tables, and New Synth Layers with controls.
Ivory II – Grand Pianos features
- Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments: Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand, German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand, Yamaha C7 Grand (Each piano can be installed separately).
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible.
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano.
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response.
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ.
- Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more.
- Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls.
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave).
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions.
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements.
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations.
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets.
Upgrade paths are available to users of previous versions of Ivory products.
More information: Synthogy
Synthogy has announced upgrade paths as well as pricing levels for the next generation of all Ivory piano products.
All current users of Synthogy products will be able to upgrade to the Ivory II versions at the following prices: Ivory Grand Pianos Upgrade-$89, Ivory Italian Grand Upgrade-$45, Ivory Upright Pianos Upgrade-$79. All Ivory II products are scheduled for release in May 2010.
In addition, anyone who has purchased any Synthogy products on or after November 1, 2009 will be eligible to receive a free upgrade to the Ivory II version of that product. Anyone who has purchased the Ivory Grand Pianos Version 1.7 upgrade for $149 at any time, will be eligible to receive a free Ivory Grand Pianos II upgrade.
New pricing for all Ivory II products is as follows: Ivory II-Grand Pianos $349, Ivory II-Italian Grand $179, and Ivory II-Upright Pianos $299.
Changes in Ivory II
- Powered by a new custom engine, the entire line of Ivory virtual pianos will feature groundbreaking new technology, a new graphic interface, and further expanded piano sample sets to provide performers and producers with more expressive detail than ever.
- A host of new piano-related features has been added to the Ivory II engine. Principal among these is Sympathetic String Resonance, a sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos that Synthogy approaches in a unique way to realize the complexities and subtleties of sympathetic string excitation.
- Ivory II also addresses Synthogy’s most frequent customer requests with features like Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to deliver the most detail and control available in a virtual piano.
- Additional features like Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer control offer new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
- At the heart of Ivory II are Ivory’s legendary pianos. Each Ivory piano, in every Ivory product, has been further refined and developed to include more velocity levels (up to 18 per piano), more soft pedal samples, more release samples, with greater fidelity and refinement than before.
Ivory-Grand Pianos, Ivory-Italian Grand, and Ivory-Upright Pianos are distributed in North America by ILIO, carrying the highest quality virtual instruments, sample libraries, and creative tools for professional musicians.
More information: Synthogy
Synthogy has announced that it will introduce its next generation of Ivory piano products in 2010.
Dubbed Ivory II, the powerful new custom engine for Synthogy’s line of virtual pianos will provide exciting new features, an all-new GUI, and further expanded piano sample sets to provide performers with more expressive detail than ever.
New in Ivory II
- Sympathetic String Resonance, a sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos that Synthogy approaches in a completely new and unique way to realize the true complexities and subtleties of sympathetic string excitation.
- Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to deliver the most detail and control available in a virtual piano.
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer control offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
- Each Ivory piano, in every Ivory product, has been further refined and developed to include more velocity levels (up to 18 per piano), more soft pedal samples, more release samples, with greater fidelity and refinement than ever before, to surpass Ivory’s already unmatched playability.
The Ivory II upgrade will be offered on all three of Synthogy’s existing products in the spring of 2010. Upgrades for existing customers will be offered, with details to be announced at a later date.
More information: Synthogy
Time+Space has announced a Jordan Rudess competition, with prizes from Synthogy, Time+Space and Jordan Rudess.
For most Prog Rock and Synth fans, the name Jordan Rudess is instantly recognisable. A world-renowned progressive rock keyboardist for Dream Theater who is also enormously successful in his own right, Jordan’s playing technique is enthralling to listen to and purely hypnotic to watch with a level of excellence that also extends to his compositional and arranging abilities.
Fans of Jordan will know he is also a long-time fan and friend of Synthogy – one of the world’s leading developers of virtual piano software. Their Ivory product line which includes Ivory Grand Pianos, Ivory Italian Grand and Ivory Upright Pianos, has become the industry standard for music producers and composers all over the world. In fact, Jordan loves the sounds so much he recorded his recent solo album ‘Notes on a Dream’ entirely with Ivory!
We’ll be interviewing Jordan Rudess in October for a special Time+Space online feature and we’re giving you the chance to ask the questions!
Send your questions for Jordan to us and we’ll pick the ten best for the interview. The entrant for each question that is picked will receive a special Time+Space 25% discount code and the winning question (picked by Jordan) will win all three Ivory products plus a copy of Notes on a Dream signed by the man himself!
So, get your thinking caps on – what questions have you been dying to put to Jordan that other interviewers have neglected to ask? We’re looking forward to receiving some original and imaginative entries!
Closing date for submitting your questions is 30 September, 2009. You may enter more than one question, however only one question per person can be picked. Winners will be notified by email prior to the interview which will be published on the Time+Space website in October.
More information: Time+Space
Time+Space has announced a special offer for Synthogy’s Ivory Grand Pianos users.
Until May 15th 2009, registered users of Synthogy’s Ivory Grand Pianos can get the Ivory Italian Grand completely free when they buy Synthogy’s most recent release – Ivory Upright Pianos for £190.00 / €194.77.
All three products have received excellent reviews in the industry press, with Upright Pianos receiving several awards since its release last summer, not to mention endorsements from numerous composers and musicians including Wu Tang Clan’s RZA!
Of course, customers could also purchase Ivory Grand Pianos to get the special Upright Pianos with free Italian Grand bundle.
More information: Time+Space
Time+Space has announced a Synthogy Ivory competition, an opportunity to win one of two special Ivory bundles.
From the announcement:
We’re giving you the chance to win one of two Synthogy bundles containing all three Ivory products with a combined value of £530 each! Plus, to help the lucky winners get playing straight away, we´ll also throw in a free iLok key with each prize.
To enter, all you need to do is send us the answer to a very simple question…
Closing date for entries is 31st March 2009 and the competition is open to everyone.
Visit Time+Space for more information.
Synthogy has released Ivory Upright Pianos, 4 authentic upright pianos in one multi-platform virtual instrument.
For years, Ivory users have been clamoring for Synthogy to release an upright piano collection. Well that time has come! Ivory Upright Pianos presents the unique, intimate sound of upright pianos using Synthogy’s groundbreaking technology and piano-building expertise.
Ivory Upright Pianos features
- 4 hand selected Upright Pianos including: Yamaha U5 Modern Upright, 1914 A.M. Hume Vintage Upright, Honky Tonk, Barroom Upright, Real Tack Piano.
- Comes with the world-renowned Ivory piano engine.
- More than 50 GB Core Library.
- Over 5000 Samples.
- Up to 10 Velocity Layers.
- Custom Upright Soundboard Emulation DSP.
- Separate, selectable “creaks and clunks” layer, for added funk.
- Release samples triggered by velocity and duration.
- Full EQ and Effects section.
- All of Ivory’s Piano Specific features and controls.
- Dozens of new programs and effects presets.
- Ivory’s “unified interface” feature enables you to use just a single instance, and one interface, to play and control all of Ivory’s pianos, no matter how many pianos you install. So whether you own one, any two, or all three products, Ivory’s intelligent browsing feature allows you to load any piano from one convenient interface.
Ivory Upright Pianos has a suggested retail price of $299 USD and will be shipping from ILIO on August 25, 2008.
Visit Synthogy for more information.
Synthogy has released version 1.7 of Ivory Italian Grand, a 12-velocity Italian Grand virtual instrument.
Italian Grand now comes complete with the Ivory piano engine, so customers no longer need to purchase the original Ivory Grand Pianos product to enjoy the depth and character of this landmark virtual instrument.
Ivory Italian Grand v1.7 features
- 19 GB core library.
- Over 2,000 samples.
- 12 discrete velocity layers.
- Una corda (soft) samples and release samples.
- All Ivory pianos can be accessed from one unified interface.
Ivory Italian Grand is available for PC and Mac and has an MSRP of $169 USD.
Visit Synthogy for more information and audio demos.