, drum machine
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 25, 2010 - 0 comments
AudioRealism has released version 1.2.0 of AudioRealism Drum Machine (ADM), a virtual drum machine instrument for Windows and Mac.
Booming bassdrums, saucy cymbals and crispy snares can be used to describe the sound of drum machines from the early 80′s.
ADM contains three classic vintage drum machines from that era rolled into one, combined with a 32-step internal sequencer and pattern controlled fx (PCF). Get all your patterns into ADM via the Import Rebirth function or directly from your old 909 via sysex (we will provide a free tool for dumping sysex).
Changes in ADM v1.2.0
- Added MIDI Out to Options menu.
- Added pattern MIDI Export to Pattern menu.
AudioRealism Drum Machine for PC and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 95 EUR (+ VAT if applicable).
More information: AudioRealism
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 24, 2010 - 0 comments
discoDSP has announced a Black Friday Sale, offering 50% off on all its products on November 26th.
- Discovery Pro – 12 oscillators Virtual Analog VSTi, Audio Units and RTAS Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADSynth, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. Imports and export Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.
- Discovery – 8 oscillators Audio Units and VST Virtual Analog Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 8 filter types, unison edit, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects. Imports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data. Universal Binary working in PowerPC and Intel processors.
- Phantom – 8 voices, 4 operators PM/FM synthesizer featuring parameter morphing. Imports Yamaha DX100, DX27 and DX21 SysEx.
- Vertigo – Audio Units, VST and RTAS Additive synthesizer, able to import WAV and PNG files into two morphable layers, each with up to 256 oscillators. Includes 8 built-in effects, dual filters and FFT view.
All discoDSP products are available to purchase with 50% discount on November 26, 2010. Use coupon code black to take advantage of this offer.
More information: discoDSP
HyperSynth has released version 2.0 of Miniak-editor, a software editor for advanced controlling over the Akai Miniak (analog modeling synthesizer) in your DAW.
Miniak-editor is able to retrieve presets from Miniak memory or load it from hard drive into the editor. You can send a complete program to Miniak via sysex or change any parameter of synthesizer in real time.
Changes in Miniak-editor v2.0
- Added numerical and graphical readout for all envelopes.
- Now mod matrix can be displayed in front panel using new panel switch.
- Added intelligent randomizer.
- Added graphical readout for EX-input balance.
- Added readout for mod matrix level and offset.
- Added readout for filter freq (range 0-10 KHz).
- Added readout for portamento time and “FX1 LFO rate”.
- Added X, Y, Z knobs “mapped to”.
- Added option to set “category” via NRPN.
- Added option to set tracking generator preset.
- Now it is possible to set “FX1 LFO synced rate” via NRPN.
- Now “Load sysex” does not show pop-up screen after opening file and it can be accessible via new “Sysex tools” menu, “Load and Send” acts like the old behavior of “Load sysex” button.
- Added remotely saving Miniak programs in sysex format.
- Added “Save (editor program)” in sysex format.
- Added option to change program name and category in a sysex file.
- Added “Settings” menu.
- Now it is possible to configure editor in a way that it does not load panel-mode and program/bank numbers from preset.
- Added default sysex file with pre-added 12 mod slots (useful for building a patch from scratch without manually adding mod slots in Miniak).
- Fixed minor bug in pre-filter mix balance readout which did not display correct value at the first click.
- Fixed issue in “update mode” auto function that did not force editor to update all parameters via NRPN properly at startup.
- Now if you set “update mode” to manual it will block updating edit buffer at plugin startup too.
- Fixed minor graphical mistake in osc sqr waveshape
- Fixed issue about inverted “pitch wheel mode” after requesting patch.
- Fixed issue about updating “env loop mode” after requesting patch.
- Corrected “OSC fine” default value.
- Now “All notes off” mutes all notes properly.
- Now FX balance, FX1 feedback, vocoder analsis, vocoder bandshift are utilized with centered knob.
- Now selecting program using program knob triggers/sends MIDI bank number too.
- Deleted unusable “Arp module” from GUI.
- Sorted/Renamed parameters names in a way that they are displayed in VST host list properly.
- Updated documentation; PDF.
- Minor GUI enhancements.
Miniak-editor for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $38 USD. Registered v1.0 users can upgrade for $9.99 USD.
More information: HyperSynth / Miniak-editor
eaReckon has released version 1.2.0 of BloXpander, a music application originally designed to meet the requirements of musicians and engineers in “live” situations.
BloXpander combines the power of a computer and the efficiency of a dedicated device. Its interface has been designed to match this basic specification. It is visually attractive and clear, the construction of projects and the access to prepared instruments and effects is very fast.
Changes in BloXpander v1.2.0
- MultiCore processors support. BloXpander is now optimized for MultiCore CPUs and provide a “per plugin” MultiCore option. If one of your plugin does not work correctly with the global MultiCore support option activated, other plugins can still be processed in parallel. The global MultiCore support option is deactivated by default. It is accessible from the “System” panel.
- “Subscenes”. 16 subscenes per scene are available to backup console states to be instantly called. The audio/MIDI engine is not stopped when switching from a subscene to another. You can then call a subscene during a same song. You can store and call Subscene from BloXpander’s interface or via MIDI messages.
- “MIDI Sync In”: BloXpander now understands MIDI synchronization messages coming from an external device/software (MIDI Clock, Start/Stop, Song position, …). If needed, you can activate Sync In and Sync Out concurrently to synchronize all your MIDI hardware from a master unit.
- OnScreen MIDI Panic.
- New Plugins case ‘info panel’ replacing Tooltips.
- The Input/Output MIDI/Audio ports menu could have appeared when right clicking somewhere on the plugins case.
- Some input ports could have been closed when combining specific actions (in “Basic Control + All MIDI Inputs” mode only).
- Improved accuracy of the “Hysteria Meter”.
- Waves plugins should not be accidentally removed from the plugins case anymore.
- An extra check has been added to the scene loading procedure. It should avoid potential problems if DLLs are missing.
- All “learnable” MIDI values can now be erased. Just right click on a value (labels under gray “learn” buttons) to bring a dedicated popup menu. This ‘erase’ option is also available from the Main Controller’s “Basic Control mode” grid.
- Visual feedback of the Scene loading procedure has been modified. Plugins interfaces are not directly shown when loading a scene. During this loading procedure, inserts that need to be filled/updated are colored in blue.
- Updated Manuals.
Both the demo and full versions of BloXpander have been updated. BloXpander is available to purchase for Windows PC for 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander
Elektron has announced the release of OS 1.62 and Sound Packs for Machinedrum, a drum machine that combines extremely flexible drum synthesis methods with a sampling engine.
The new Machinedrum OS 1.62 adds the much asked for feature of letting you rename ROM samples. The Sample bank quick access mode and the possibility to write protect Snapshots and Sample banks are other convenient features this update brings. Because of the new OS functionality the Machinedrum manual and the C6 SysEx tool have been updated as well. Download the new OS, manual and C6 version in the Support and Downloads section.
Elektron has also introduced Machinedrum Sound Packs, a collection of tool kits for almost any genre.
No less than seven Sound Packs are now available, consisting of a total of 23 Snapshots linked to 23 dedicated Sample banks. Each Snapshot features 4 patterns demonstrating the content of the Sample bank. The 500 samples are studio recorded, 100% royalty free, and found nowhere else.
All Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MKII units now come with these seven Sound Packs pre-installed. When upgrading a UW MKII with a +Drive they are included as well.
Current Machinedrum UW users can download the Sound Packs in the Support and Download section.
Note though that they are specially made for UW MKII models as some of the Sample banks exceed the sample memory limit of the UW MKI.
More information: Elektron
Torsten Schieber has released AU-300, a virtual programmer for Alpha Juno and MKS-50 for Mac.
AU-300 is an Audio Unit Plugin based MIDI-Programmer for some famous Japanese synths from the Mid-80′s. It brings the modern DAW based working process together with the analoge sound of the Alpha Juno Family.
- Load it in your AU-Host and control the Alpha Juno just like using a softsynth.
- All settings are saved in the project file (and restored on load).
- All parameters can be modulated and automation curves can be drawn.
- You can save and restore .aupresets files and manage them on your computer
- If your Host is supporting Midi learn, map your controller to it! This is usually only possible with Sysex-capable controllers.
AU-300 is available to download as a donationware Audio Unit plug-in for Mac.
More information: AU-300
eaReckon has released version 1.1.1 of BloXpander, a music application originally designed to meet the requirements of musicians and engineers in “live” situations.
BloXpander combines the power of a computer and the efficiency of a dedicated device. Its interface has been designed to match this basic specification. It is visually attractive and clear, the construction of projects and the access to prepared instruments and effects is very fast. The plugins manipulation is direct (especially when BloXpander is coupled to an external MIDI controller).
Changes in BloXpander v1.1.1
- New Windowed Mode: BloXpander can now work as a windowed application.
You can select a small size window (930×600 min.) to keep space on screen for other applications or, if you have large enough multiple screens, you can choose to display all the 24 channels, 4 aux buses and master bus in a large 3230×900 window. Intermediate sizes are also available. By default, full screen mode is active (Windowed Mode and Window Size settings are available in the “System” panel).
- Improved: Better handling of “secured mouse events”.
- Fixed: A bug introduced in 1.1.0 could have improperly routed MIDI events coming from different MIDI input ports.
BloXpander is available to purchase for Windows PC, priced at 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander