vst-control has released D50v, a controller plug-in for the Roland D50, D550 & VC-1 synthesizers.
In the mid 80s the Japanese Roland Corporation created the D-50 Synthesizer, one of the most popular Synthesizers of all time. With the D50v editor software the D-50 can now be easily integrated into modern, computer-based applications.
- Attractive graphical user interface with access to all parameters of the synthesizer.
- Full integration in VST compatible applications
- Automation of all parameters
- “Total recall” of all parameters
- Comfortable preset management
- All parameters controllable via MIDI control changes.
- Import of sysex sound banks.
- Transmission of sounds from the synthesizer via MIDI.
- Copy and paste functionality (copy and paste entire individual sounds and sound elements).
D50v for Windows is available to purchase for 49.90 EUR / $69.90 USD.
More information: vst-control / D50v
, drum machine
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 25, 2010
AudioRealism has released version 1.2.0 of AudioRealism Drum Machine (ADM), a virtual drum machine instrument for Windows and Mac.
Booming bassdrums, saucy cymbals and crispy snares can be used to describe the sound of drum machines from the early 80′s.
ADM contains three classic vintage drum machines from that era rolled into one, combined with a 32-step internal sequencer and pattern controlled fx (PCF). Get all your patterns into ADM via the Import Rebirth function or directly from your old 909 via sysex (we will provide a free tool for dumping sysex).
Changes in ADM v1.2.0
- Added MIDI Out to Options menu.
- Added pattern MIDI Export to Pattern menu.
AudioRealism Drum Machine for PC and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 95 EUR (+ VAT if applicable).
More information: AudioRealism
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 24, 2010
discoDSP has announced a Black Friday Sale, offering 50% off on all its products on November 26th.
- Discovery Pro – 12 oscillators Virtual Analog VSTi, Audio Units and RTAS Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADSynth, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. Imports and export Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.
- Discovery – 8 oscillators Audio Units and VST Virtual Analog Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 8 filter types, unison edit, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects. Imports Nord Lead 2 SysEx data. Universal Binary working in PowerPC and Intel processors.
- Phantom – 8 voices, 4 operators PM/FM synthesizer featuring parameter morphing. Imports Yamaha DX100, DX27 and DX21 SysEx.
- Vertigo – Audio Units, VST and RTAS Additive synthesizer, able to import WAV and PNG files into two morphable layers, each with up to 256 oscillators. Includes 8 built-in effects, dual filters and FFT view.
All discoDSP products are available to purchase with 50% discount on November 26, 2010. Use coupon code black to take advantage of this offer.
More information: discoDSP
HyperSynth has released version 2.0 of Miniak-editor, a software editor for advanced controlling over the Akai Miniak (analog modeling synthesizer) in your DAW.
Miniak-editor is able to retrieve presets from Miniak memory or load it from hard drive into the editor. You can send a complete program to Miniak via sysex or change any parameter of synthesizer in real time.
Changes in Miniak-editor v2.0
- Added numerical and graphical readout for all envelopes.
- Now mod matrix can be displayed in front panel using new panel switch.
- Added intelligent randomizer.
- Added graphical readout for EX-input balance.
- Added readout for mod matrix level and offset.
- Added readout for filter freq (range 0-10 KHz).
- Added readout for portamento time and “FX1 LFO rate”.
- Added X, Y, Z knobs “mapped to”.
- Added option to set “category” via NRPN.
- Added option to set tracking generator preset.
- Now it is possible to set “FX1 LFO synced rate” via NRPN.
- Now “Load sysex” does not show pop-up screen after opening file and it can be accessible via new “Sysex tools” menu, “Load and Send” acts like the old behavior of “Load sysex” button.
- Added remotely saving Miniak programs in sysex format.
- Added “Save (editor program)” in sysex format.
- Added option to change program name and category in a sysex file.
- Added “Settings” menu.
- Now it is possible to configure editor in a way that it does not load panel-mode and program/bank numbers from preset.
- Added default sysex file with pre-added 12 mod slots (useful for building a patch from scratch without manually adding mod slots in Miniak).
- Fixed minor bug in pre-filter mix balance readout which did not display correct value at the first click.
- Fixed issue in “update mode” auto function that did not force editor to update all parameters via NRPN properly at startup.
- Now if you set “update mode” to manual it will block updating edit buffer at plugin startup too.
- Fixed minor graphical mistake in osc sqr waveshape
- Fixed issue about inverted “pitch wheel mode” after requesting patch.
- Fixed issue about updating “env loop mode” after requesting patch.
- Corrected “OSC fine” default value.
- Now “All notes off” mutes all notes properly.
- Now FX balance, FX1 feedback, vocoder analsis, vocoder bandshift are utilized with centered knob.
- Now selecting program using program knob triggers/sends MIDI bank number too.
- Deleted unusable “Arp module” from GUI.
- Sorted/Renamed parameters names in a way that they are displayed in VST host list properly.
- Updated documentation; PDF.
- Minor GUI enhancements.
Miniak-editor for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $38 USD. Registered v1.0 users can upgrade for $9.99 USD.
More information: HyperSynth / Miniak-editor
eaReckon has released version 1.2.0 of BloXpander, a music application originally designed to meet the requirements of musicians and engineers in “live” situations.
BloXpander combines the power of a computer and the efficiency of a dedicated device. Its interface has been designed to match this basic specification. It is visually attractive and clear, the construction of projects and the access to prepared instruments and effects is very fast.
Changes in BloXpander v1.2.0
- MultiCore processors support. BloXpander is now optimized for MultiCore CPUs and provide a “per plugin” MultiCore option. If one of your plugin does not work correctly with the global MultiCore support option activated, other plugins can still be processed in parallel. The global MultiCore support option is deactivated by default. It is accessible from the “System” panel.
- “Subscenes”. 16 subscenes per scene are available to backup console states to be instantly called. The audio/MIDI engine is not stopped when switching from a subscene to another. You can then call a subscene during a same song. You can store and call Subscene from BloXpander’s interface or via MIDI messages.
- “MIDI Sync In”: BloXpander now understands MIDI synchronization messages coming from an external device/software (MIDI Clock, Start/Stop, Song position, …). If needed, you can activate Sync In and Sync Out concurrently to synchronize all your MIDI hardware from a master unit.
- OnScreen MIDI Panic.
- New Plugins case ‘info panel’ replacing Tooltips.
- The Input/Output MIDI/Audio ports menu could have appeared when right clicking somewhere on the plugins case.
- Some input ports could have been closed when combining specific actions (in “Basic Control + All MIDI Inputs” mode only).
- Improved accuracy of the “Hysteria Meter”.
- Waves plugins should not be accidentally removed from the plugins case anymore.
- An extra check has been added to the scene loading procedure. It should avoid potential problems if DLLs are missing.
- All “learnable” MIDI values can now be erased. Just right click on a value (labels under gray “learn” buttons) to bring a dedicated popup menu. This ‘erase’ option is also available from the Main Controller’s “Basic Control mode” grid.
- Visual feedback of the Scene loading procedure has been modified. Plugins interfaces are not directly shown when loading a scene. During this loading procedure, inserts that need to be filled/updated are colored in blue.
- Updated Manuals.
Both the demo and full versions of BloXpander have been updated. BloXpander is available to purchase for Windows PC for 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander