Nine Volt Audio has released TAIKO, a multi-sampled library of Japanese drums capable of an extensive range of sounds and impacts.
By combining theatre recordings with deep programming, a vast selection of patches and MIDI files, TAIKO offers composers a unique and easy-to-use set of tools for creating compelling drum performances.
- Recorded in a concert hall, capturing nagado-daiko drums with natural reverb from multiple microphone perspectives including close, stage, hall, and balcony. Stage, hall and balcony positions include left and right microphone perspectives for complete stereo images.
- Recordings include left and right hand head hits, rim clicks, stick clicks, stomps, yells, shouts, growls and more.
- Consists of over 4,800 recorded hits and 2.3 GB of content in 24 bit, 44.1kHz resolution. Users have access to all raw .wav files.
- Contains nearly 250 patches with a palette of sounds ranging from minimal stick clicks to ensemble created sonic booms.
- Includes over 75 MIDI performances, many with up to 16 parts, spread across 12 themes. Four of these themes are also featured in Action Drums: Taiko Edition. A matching Kontakt multi patch is included for each theme, pre-mixed for instant out-of-the-box composing.
- In addition to having patches with dozens of velocity layers (90+ in some instances), TAIKO features advanced scripting that works behind-the-scenes to assist in the creation of realistic performances by affecting volume, tuning, randomness and ensemble tightness.
- Includes a broad range of “ensemble constructor” patches. These present the most natural form of the recorded taiko into easy to use patches. Each taiko is broken down into elements by microphone position and articulation for maximum control of the mix.
TAIKO for Kontakt (v2.2.4.001 or higher) is available now for $149.99 USD.
Visit Nine Volt Audio for more information and audio and video demos.
Nine Volt Audio has released Action Drums: Taiko Edition, a sample library that brings the power, thunder and excitement of Japanese taiko drums to the REX, Stylus RMX, ACID wav and Apple Loop formats.
Recorded in a concert hall with microphones from stage to balcony, Action Drums: Taiko Edition captures the energy resonating from every strike, boom and cinematic blow.
Action Drums: Taiko Edition features
- Available on DVD or via Download and features 100% copyright free loops.
- Contains 680+ loops in the REX2, Stylus RMX, Reason ReFill, Apple Loop and ACIDized Wav formats.
- Organized into 15 “Beat Themes”. Each Beat Theme contains between four and eight full mix loops (89 total), as well as the individual parts used to make the full mixes (590+ loops). This allows the user to easily edit and mix their own unique taiko passages.
- Contains Beat Themes in a wide range of time signatures, including: 3/4, 4/4, 5/4 and 6/8.
- Over 140 single and ensemble hits are included for endings and breaks.
- Includes 89 Stylus RMX multi presets that allow the user to pull up full mixes of individual loop parts for quick and easy customization of the mix.
- Suggested tempos have been given to each suite, but as part of the BPM Flex Series™, every loop can be used at virtually any tempo while retaining their feel and groove (not applicable to the ACID wav and Apple Loop files).
- Full mix loop performances are offered at two different tempos for the ACIDized Wav and Apple Loop formats for an additional 89 loops.
Action Drums: Taiko Edition is available for $99.99 USD.
Visit Nine Volt Audio for more information and a video demo.
Tsaiko has released Tsaiko Expander, an upgrade for the multi-sampled taiko percussion library for Kontakt 2.
Tsaiko Expander features
- Almost 400 mb of new samples.
- Recorded in the same hall as Tsaiko, featuring the same mic control options.
- Includes stomps, shouts, HAs, growls, Grrs, and other pseudo-manly sounds .
- Includes nearly fifty patches, including some like “Disgruntled Wookie”.
- The user has access to ALL of the original wave files.
Combined with Tsaiko, the total package currently has over 5,000 samples of taiko drum hits, (near 2.2 GB), and around 100 patches.
Tsaiko is currently available for $55 USD (the update is free for registered users).
Visit the Tsaiko website for more information and audio demos.
Tsaiko (pronounced s Ä« k Å) is a multi-sampled taiko percussion library for Kontakt 2 (v2.1.1.001 or newer).
- Thousands of taiko samples
- Left and right-hand hits
- Dozens and dozens of velocities
- Individual and unison ensemble hits from four taiko
- Head hits, shell hits, and stick clicks
- Recorded in 24-bit, 44KHz, mono
- Microphone Perspective Control
- Recorded in a concert hall from various locations
- Balcony, in-hall, stage, and a close “three-set” microphone perspectives
- Each taiko was recorded from three-set close perspective to capture subtle nuances
- Top head, bottom head, and overhead microphone position
- User has access to all wave files/samples
- User can add or remove any microphone perspective they wish
- Includes almost fifty patches
Tsaiko is available as a digital download for an introductory price of $49 USD.
Visit Tsaiko for more information and audio demos.