Vengeance Sound has launched Tapestop, a new Vengenace Producer Suite effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Tapestop effect is as old as it is famous, and Vengeance has the deluxe version of this effect for you: VPS Tapestop is your new favourite tool when it comes to all kind of pitch effects.
But stop, it can do a lot more: with the build in sequencer, volume and filter envelopes or the new “tape slip” feature you can create crazy effects, way beyond the classic Tapestop pitch-down.
VPS Tapestop features
- Simulates Pitch-Down and Pitch-Up.
- LP Filter can be added.
- Volume Fades can be added.
- Tape Slip: simulates worn Tapes/Vinyls.
- Stepped or smooth pitch effects.
- internal sequencer.
- 3 independend envelopes for pitch, filter and volume.
- realtime scope.
- 80 presets with pitch, wobble or special fx presets.
- no clicks and 100% sync with your song.
- The tapestop effect duration can be set in note values.
The Tapestop plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) costs 49 EUR. It is currently 20% off in as part of Vengeance’s Easter sale. Use coupon vEaster at checkout.
More information: Vengeance Sound / Tapestop
Sonic Charge has released version 1.2 of Synplant, a synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We decided that we could not not let you wait any longer for 64-bit compatibility so we took a lot of the new code from Synplant 2.0 and “merged” it back into 1.0.
Version 1.2 looks, sounds and behaves virtually identical to 1.0, although under the hood it uses our latest framework and libraries.
Apart from 64-bit compatibility and general performance improvements that come the new libraries, Synplant 1.2 also supports Authenticator for simpler registration.
Synplant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $99 USD (+ VAT).
Sonic Charge also announced Cassette Recorder Audio Processor (CRAPRE), a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
In other news, yesterday (April 1st) saw the launch of a new Rack Extension for Reason that I co-developed with PEFF and Bitplant. It is a Cassette Recorder Audio Processor Rack Extension (CRAPRE for short) and it makes such dirty noises you will need protective gloves to handle it.
A lot of people thought it was an April Fools joke and that it was not for real, but it is, which in itself is an even better joke I guess. It is only available for sale during April after which it will be removed from the Propellerhead Shop (again for real!). Don’t miss out on it!
Crapre costs 7.50 EUR.
More information: Sonic Charge
MPC-Samples has announced The Raw 70s Kit, a drum sample library for Akai’s MPC and Native Instruments Maschine.
‘The Raw 70s Kit’ is the second volume in our ‘Drum Evolution’ series featuring a fully multisampled 70s Ludwig Classic drum kit, recorded with an array of vintage microphones straight to 2 inch analogue tape, and mapped out perfectly into ready-to-play programs for all MPCs & Maschine.
Oozing with gritty character and tape saturated goodness, these are just about the filthiest, hard hitting multisampled drums we’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. The kit comes with 16 different drum articulations recorded with 12-18 takes across the entire velocity range (259 samples in total) and for each MPC model (including all version of JJOS) we’ve created ready-tweaked ‘finger drumming’ kits that you can just load up and start playing.
There are 259 drum samples in total, each provided in 24 bit WAV, 16 bit WAV and legacy MPC sound formats, along with ready-tweaked programs guaranteed fully compatible with every single MPC model ever, all versions of JJOS, and Maschine 1.8/2.x.
The Raw 70s Kit is available to download for $24.99 USD.
More information: MPC-Samples / The Raw 70s Kit
Bedroom Producers Blog has launched BPB Cassette 606, a free sample pack featuring the sounds of the Roland TR-606.
I am thrilled to announce the release of BPB Cassette 606, a free collection of Roland TR 606 analogue drum machine samples with an additional set of drum hits which have been recorded to and then re-sampled from an audio cassette.
BPB Cassette 606 features
- 128 audio samples in 24-bit WAV format.
- 72 clean Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- 56 tape processed Roland TR-606 one shot samples.
- 3 Poise drum kits (DKT format).
- Demo track (320 kbps MP3).
The pack is a free download at BPB.
More information: Bedroom Producers Blog / BPB Cassette 606
Waves has introduced Reel ADT, an artificial double tracking effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Waves/Abbey Road Reel ADT is the first plugin to successfully emulate Abbey Road Studios’ pioneering process of Artificial Double Tracking.
The effect that became an integral part of Abbey Road’s signature sound was initially created at the famed studios in the 1960s to meet the needs of some very special clients: The Beatles.
All the character, depth and panoramic sound of this inimitable classic effect can now be created digitally, simply and for real: Reel ADT.
Reel ADT features
- Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios.
- Genuine tape-sounding ADT plugin.
- For the first time ever, a full exact recall automation of the ADT effect.
- Different tape sounds for source and ADT signals.
- Exclusive 2-voice component.
- Separate drive control for each path.
- Manual and automatic control MIDI-assignable manual control for the most authentic user experience possible.
Reel ADT is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD for Native (regular $200 USD) / $300 USD for Soundgrid.
More information: Waves / Reel ADT
Drum Broker has announced Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection, a sample pack featuring a collection of drum samples by Mathew Weiss.
The Drum Broker has teamed up with another dope sound designer & engineer to bring you another top notch drum collection from Matthew Weiss, ‘The Maio Collection’.
“Growing up on 90s Hip-Hop, I fell in love with the texture and character of drums that were chopped from breaks and programmed in vintage samplers. But around the late 90s, early 2000s, synthetic drums became the popular sound: cleaner, crisper, harder-hitting.
My goal is to reinvent the sound that I remember in a new way and make natural acoustic drums sound as unique and crisp as synthetic drums.” – Mathew Weiss
Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection features
- Over 150 unique drum sounds were carefully crafted from a selection of over a thousand acoustic one shots.
- Includes 31 snares, 29 kicks, 46 cymbals, 44 hi-hats, 9 percussion, and 4 toms.
- Professionally recorded through a vintage API Console into a Studer A820 tape machine at 15ips.
- Meticulously processed using a combination of studio staples and gear designed by Matt to give these drums their unique sound.
- .WAV — 24-Bit/44 kHz format.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Weiss Drums: The Maio Collection
Wavesfactory has updated Old Tape Piano, a sample library featuring a grand piano recorded in mono using a low quality cassette recorder.
8 velocity layers, custom animated GUI and custom script that gives you control over the volume and color of the noise from the tape itself, and over the speed and tune of the tape.
This library was first released on January 2012 with no GUI and no script available. This free update gives you more control and more fun over this special and addictive instrument.
Old Tape Piano features
- WAV files, 44.1KHz 24bit.
- 88 keys.
- Lo-fi cassette recorder.
- 8 velocity layers.
- Custom GUI.
- Noise volume and color.
- Tape speed and tune.
The library is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
More information: Wavesfactory / Old Tape Piano
Rattly and Raw has announced the release of The CaSYNTHerette, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
TWO synths, one using waveforms from classic synthesisers sampled from a very rare, stable, full range cassette recorder with loads of character and the other using waveforms sampled using the dirty, noisy Cassamplerette recording mechanism.
Whilst the Cassamplerette was looped and single shot recordings of real instruments, the CasSYNTHerette is a fully functional synthesis instrument using waveforms from some classic synth oscillators recorded and looped onto different cassette tape systems.
The CaSYNTHerette features
- FOUR cassette tape-based waveform oscillator faders: Square, Triangle, PWM and Soft (a combination wave from a classic synth).
- Additional SUB oscillator fader!
- Tape cassette noise fader with stereo and tone controls.
- Individual waveform tuning via tape speed controls!
- Individual waveform pans.
- HP/LP Filter + lfo + envelope.
- Amplitude envelope.
- x2 custom convolution reverbs with tone control. One very rare cranky vintage spring verb and one old spacey hardware digital verb!
- Fully controllable delay.
- Two state distortion control with ‘soften’ control.
- Saturation control.
- LoFi (Bitcrush) control.
- Chorus and Flanger controls.
- Wonkiness control – magnify the cassette tape wobbliness!
- Switchable MONO/POLY.
- Loads of PRESETS!
The library is available to purchase for £20 GBP.
More information: Rattly and Raw / The CaSYNTHerette