WOK has announced Tapebrake, a free tape stop effect plug-in for Windows.
Simple and easy Tapestop (Turntable-Stop) effect plugin for Windows. As simple as it can be. Available at the usual place as Win VST 32-bit.
Tapebrake for Windows (VST) is a free download from the WOK Facebook. It will also be available from the WOK website later.
More information: WOK / Tapebrake
Soniccouture has announced its Christmas Sale 2013, offering discounts on its virtual instrument libraries for a limited time.
Christmas Sale Now On!
Welcome to Soniccouture. We make virtual instruments that you can make music with.
From 16th to 31st December 2013 we are running two very special offers:
- Buy One Get One Free – AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT, NO CODE REQUIRED. No limit on purchases, cheapest items will be free.
- 40% OFF – ENTER CODE : FESTIVE40
The sale ends December 31st, 2013. Note: The 40% off code cancels out the BOGOF.
Soniccouture has also launched Tape Choir, a new exclusive content instrument.
Based around the laborious process used to create the vocal pad sound in 10cc’s I’m not in love, Tape Choir offers a similar ‘infinite choir’ sound. The Perfect partner to our CrowdChoir.
The Tape Choir virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt features ‘Tape’ emulation controls – wow, noise, loops, speed, and detune.
Tape Choir features
- Kontakt, EXS, and Ableton Live formats.
- 368 takes by 3 Vocalists.
- 24bit 44.1khz sampling.
- KSP ‘Tape’ Controls.
- Sound Design Presets.
Tape Choir is available as a free download with any purchase at Soniccouture.
More information: Soniccouture
Noisefirm has released DigiTape Hybrid Drums, a library of drum sounds for Kontakt that combines the best advantages of digital and analog audio technology.
All of the library’s sounds were sculpted from digital oscillators and noise generators, and then processed and transformed with DSP. The samples were then printed through an analog tape recorder at variable levels of saturation to achieve an optimum level of harmonic distortion.
The end result is an unique library of kicks, snares, percussion and other textures that combine the creative flexibility of digital synthesis and DSP with the warmth of analog tape.
DigiTape Hybrid Drums features
- Over 300 samples of hybrid digital/analog drums, effects, and textures in 24-bit 48kHz Wavs.
- Kontakt instrument (full retail version 4.2 or later) with custom scripting and GUI.
- Uncompressed disk space needed: 150 MB.
- 11 Included Kontakt patches for convenient ready-to-use drum layouts.
- Custom interface includes:
- Low Pass Filter with resonance and cutoff controls.
- Variable BitCrusher with bitrate and sample rate controls.
- Reverb with room size and level controls.
- Sculpted with digital noise generators and oscillators.
- Samples printed through 1/4″ Studer analog tape recorder at various levels of saturation.
- Plug-n-Play samples are ready to drop into your sampler/drum machine of choice.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD.
More information: Noisefirm / DigiTape Hybrid Drums
HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced Tape DD-10, a free drum machine library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
HeadlessBuddha Samples Tape DD-10 sampled instrument for NI Kontakt.
‘What a cool old dirty drum machine!’– Me about the Yamaha DD-10 when I first saw it some years ago.
This is really a charming lo-fi low cost 8-bit drum machine released in 1988 aimed at the home market and I really love it. I’m writing in first person because I wanted to get really personal about this one. This is one of my all time favorites and it’s the sample pack I use the most when it comes to drum machines.
Tape DD-10 features
- 75 Samples (three round robins on each drum).
- 1 Kontakt instrument.
- 44.1kHz/24 bit .wav format.
- All recorded through tape.
- Bonus: 17 personal impulse responses to make your sound even more unique. One of them was even recorded through tape too.
The sample pack is a free download from the HeadlessBuddha Samples Facebook (no like required).
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Tape DD-10
The Drum Broker has launched The Drums, a limited edition beat tape compilation by !.B.F.K.W.
!.B.F.K.W. (!llmind Beats For Kanye West) is a FREE “beat-tape” compilation containing beats that !llmind created during the era of Kanye West’s “Cruel Summer” album in 2012.
For ONE DAY ONLY (11/29 Black Friday), !llmind will release all of the drums used on this critically-acclaimed compilation, for your own personal use, completely royalty-free.
!.B.F.K.W. “The Drums” features
- 76 drum sounds (kicks, snares, hi-hats & more) in WAV format.
- All drum sounds were sampled into an Ensoniq ASR-10 AND Akai S-20 at 33khz/12-bit for maximum warmth + punch!
- NO reverb or delays added make layering easy and more flexible.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- All drum sounds were hand-picked, created, stripped, and taken straight from the drums used in the critically acclaimed !BFKW (!llmind Beats For Kanye West) EP!
- All drums are completely Royalty-Free.
- Includes exclusive Kanye West themed artwork by Naturel.
The pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD, on November 29th only. The release is limited to 100 copies.
The Drum Broker has also launched a Black Friday Sale, offering a 50% discount on all its drumkits, breaks and samples. Use promo code BLACKFRIDAY at checkout.
More information: Drum Broker / !.B.F.K.W. The Drums
Psychic Modulation has released version 1.4 of its Phonec synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Phonec is best described as an ‘analog flux synthesizer’. Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind.
However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses.
Changes in Phonec v1.4
- Overall sound improvements.
- New Pulse Width oscillator modes.
- Added new switch for retriggering the oscillator phase on each note; produces a much more solid sound; excellent for outrun style basslines.
- New LFO & envelope targets: Filter attack/decay & pulse width.
- Added invert switches to mod envelopes.
- Sub Oscillator can now switch to square wave; produces a much fatter sound than sine.
Phonec for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Phonec
u-he has released a new public beta version of the Satin tape machine effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Here’s a new version of Satin 1.1.1 (might become Satin 1.2):
Satin rev 2033 Win
Satin rev 2033 Mac
Apart from the good points we had in build 1973 (faster loading, less RAM, less CPU/denormals etc. etc.) this one
- fixes possible crash bug in VST3 (Wavelab)
- fixes possible crash bug in Group Controller
- fixes problem with hosts picky about channel layouts
- more fixes of little issues and niggles
Visit the u-he forum at KVR Audio for more details and make sure to let the u-he team know if you experience any issues.
More information: u-he / Satin