TC-Helicon has launched the Love Songs Competition, a chance to win prize packages for recording love songs.
On Valentine’s Day, TC-Helicon launched a competition for singers using TC-Helicon products.
The TC-Helicon Love Song Competition gives vocalists a chance to win TC-Helicon prize packages for recording love songs that feature any TC-Helicon product from VoiceLive 2 to the new VoiceTone Singles range.
Winners of the competition can win a Grand Prize of either a VoiceLive Touch or VoiceLive 2 and a MP-75 Modern Performance Vocal Microphone with Mic Control. Four runners-up will have their choice of any VoiceTone Singles stompbox for singers.
The competition runs from February 14 to March 31, 2011. Winners will be voted on by TC-Helicon staff based on quality, creativity, arrangement, talent and use of their TC-Helicon product.
All a musician has to do is record a video of a love song using a TC-Helicon product, post the video on YouTube and submit their entry at tc-helicon.com/love-songs
More information: TC-Helicon / Love Songs Competition
, AVnu Alliance
, TC Electronic
, TC Group
Posted in news
on Feb 03, 2011
TC Group has announced it will become part of the AVnu Alliance, adding its companies’ expertise to the industry forum’s efforts to establish AVB as the next-generation open networking standard.
AVnu Alliance Marketing Work Group Chairman, Lee Minich, flanked by TC Group CEO Anders Fauerskov (right) and CTO Morten Lave (left)
TC Group – parent company of leading audio manufacturing brands TC Electronic, Tannoy, Lab.gruppen, Lake and TC Helicon – announced on Tuesday at the opening of Integrated Systems Europe 2011 that it is to become part of the AVnu Alliance, the industry forum dedicated to the establishment and promotion of the IEEE 802.1 Audio/Video Bridging (AVB) open network standard. As TC Group is a major player in key sectors of the pro audio market, the move adds further momentum and specific market and technological expertise to the efforts in establishing AVB as the preferred Ethernet-based audio and video networking environment for next generation products.
Interoperability has long been a key consideration for the group, as it strives to align its diverse portfolio of audio products, with the objective of offering the customer ease of integration and complete system compatibility. TC Group is fully supportive of the move towards IEEE 802.1, stating that the establishment of AVB as the leading open standard will benefit customers, manufacturers and the industry as a whole by providing a level playing field for future product development while giving end users greater confidence in, and choice of, network-compatible devices.
TC Group sees networked audio as a critical issue in pro audio – in both the install and tour world – and has already utilized digital audio networking across multiple branded components, such as the implementation of established Ethernet-based protocols in Lab.gruppen’s PLM Series and Lake’s LM 26. Development of technologies intended to be in line with proposed AVB standards is already being carried out by the group’s specialist division TC Applied Technologies and this formal announcement by TC Group to join AVnu Alliance goes some way to underlining those advances. It also gives substance to the company’s continual efforts to provide customers with the latest and most flexible interoperable system solutions – through the development of products that support AVB as well as other relevant network standards.
More information: TC Group
KORG has announced the Pa3X, a professional arranger workstation.
The Korg Pa Series has a new flagship: the Pa3X, the most realistic, powerful, and easy-to-use arranger workstation ever produced. For years, Korg’s Pa Series has been the most respected, envied, and successful line of interactive arranger workstations on the planet. Once again, Korg has raised the standard of excellence by offering new, richer, and more realistic sounds; creating amazing new features, and offering a fresh – yet elegant – design. Meet the Pa3X. Listen and Believe.
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) sound engine offers improved realism and new vivid sound, including pianos borrowed from the acclaimed Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano, plus Ambience Drums .
- Massive internal ROM – plus up to 256 MB of user PCM data (equivalent to 512 MB, when calculated as 16-bit linear data) –provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering the best sound quality possible.
- Three assignable switches, a four-way joystick, and our unique ribbon strip ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC) .
- Choose either 61 keys or 76 semi–weighted keys; both with velocity and aftertouch.
- Elegantly designed and reliable aluminum cabinet.
- TouchView™ TFT display; 76-key model features a motorized tilting display.
- Professional graphic interface with new Search facility for quickly locating musical resources.
- PaAS High-fidelity, optional amplification/speaker bar with Korg’s own Easy Connect system (no support, cables, or additional power supply needed) .
- Self-refreshing PCM Data memory backup – supported by our own Intelligent Re-Charge system – ensures fast startup.
- Improved Style and Performance selection, Over 400 factory Styles; each with 4 variations and 4 Fill Ins + Break, plus 15 user banks for unlimited storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles and settings.
- Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts.
- Chord Sequencer function records any chord progression on-the-fly.
- Up to 8 Stereo Effects at once, including flexible Master and Insert routing for Styles and songs. New Vintage Effects from the acclaimed SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano.
- New TC-Helicon ® Vocal Processor (VoiceLive2 derived) with dedicated professional effects.
- Adaptive Mic Setting provides a virtual sound engineer to automatically set the best EQ/Compressor/Gate settings for your voice.
- Professional Final Mastering tools from “Waves Audio” plugins “MaxxAudio ™ ” suite.
- New Double MP3/MIDI files player and recorder with Advanced Vocal Remover.
- Enhanced compatibility with Lyrics in graphical format (+G) for MIDI files and MP3 files.
- New Audio Chord Detection function that automatically extracts chords to send to the Vocal Processor from MP3 files.
- Enhanced sound compatibility for GM songs.
- Multi-language extended character set. Lyrics can be showed in their original languages (except the Oriental and the Arabic Languages, check for the available languages).
More information: Korg / Pa3X
TC-Helicon has announced the immediate availability of an update to its USB enabled connectivity app called VoiceSupport.
Version 1.2 of VoiceSupport adds an Online Preset Library that makes freely available a series of professionally produced presets for TC-Helicon products. It also includes numerous enhancements and tweaks to further streamline the free Mac/Windows application.
The Online Preset Library allows drag-and-drop ease of use and brings professionally authored preset libraries to TC-Helicon products such as VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceTone Create XT, and more. Dozens of new presets are available now and more will be added on a regular basis.
VoiceSupport’s Home page has been reformatted to include latest news, advice and direct access to the latest manual versions. VoiceSupport continues to offer video, articles and tips on using TCHelicon products in addition to singing in general, provided by www.voicecouncil.com
“VoiceSupport is a simple tool that lets singers get more from their TC-Helicon products and learn more about honing their craft,” says TC-Helicon product manager Tom Lang. “This update gives simple access to what helps singers become more creative – great presets.”
The free update is available now from the TC-Helicon website.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceSupport
TC-Helicon has released VoiceJam, a powerful audio looper for iOS.
What if you could create something musically amazing with just your voice? What if you didn’t need musical instruments, sheet music, or complicated recording software? What if you could create an entire song with your voice, simulating bass lines, melodies, rhythms and sound effects, all in one pass, without ever stopping to think about it?
If you answered “that would be freaking amazing”, then you need to download VoiceJam. VoiceJam is your access to performing, creating, and sharing amazing musical compositions.
- Universal App with fullscreen iPad support.
- Audio tutorial steps you through all important features.
- Powerful Audio Looper.
- Loop Undo, Reverse & Double.
- Performance Recording.
- Save your work and come back later.
- Share your work on SoundCloud.
VoiceJam for iOS 3.1.3 or later is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $1.99 USD.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceJam
TC-Helicon has announced it is now shipping the VoiceLive Touch, the first vocal processor to feature an ingenuously integrated mic stand mount and interface.
VoiceLive Touch is the ‘go anywhere’ vocal processor that delivers the premium quality vocal effects that TC–Helicon have become synonymous with, but adds VLOOP™ to the mix – an incredible performance vocal looper.
This vocal processing power sits behind one of the most innovative user interfaces ever created. And thanks to the ingenuously integrated mic stand mount, VoiceLive Touch is also the first vocal processor to sit precisely where it’s needed for total hands-on control – actually on the mic stand.
VoiceLive Touch is available to purchase for 499 EUR.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceLive Touch