, effect plugins
, Plugin Alliance
Posted in news
on Jan 06, 2012
Plugin Alliance has announced the BIG 4 Bundle, a collection of effect plugins for Windows and Mac.
4 Alliance plugins by Brainworx, elysia, SPL & Vertigo in one state-of-the-art bundle.
This bundle will give you a rock solid and tight mastering chain or stereo bus setup.
Big on your screen, HUGE in sound.
The BIG 4 Bundle includes:
- bx_XL M/S Mastering Limiter – The new Loud!
The bx_XL, Passeq and alpha Compressor all work in M/S modes optionally.
- elysia alpha compressor – all discrete M/S Mastering Compressor.
- SPL Passeq – 72 coil filters Monster EQ.
- Vertigo VSC-2 – “The Merceds of VCA Compressors” (Vintage King USA).
The BIG 4 Bundle for Windows and Mac (AAX/AU/RTAS/TDM/Venue/VST) is available to purchase for the opening price of $777 USD, 34% off list price of individual plugins. Please note that (only) bx_XL is not available for TDM and VENUE systems.
More information: Plugin Alliance / Big 4 Bundle
, Charter Oak
, Mäag Audio
, Plugin Alliance
Posted in news
on Dec 23, 2011
Brainworx has announced the Plugin Alliance LLC, is a new American pro-audio plugin-company, founded by Brainworx CEO Dirk Ulrich.
“Our goal is to establish a new, user friendly native plugin “Über-Standard”, supporting all major plugin formats and uniting some of the best-known international audio companies under one virtual home.”
The Plugin Alliance website will be your one-stop target to go to from January 2nd, 2012 on. Downloads, tech support, sales, news, etc. for all the plugins of the Alliance companies from on site. We will even offer multi-brand bundles for specific needs, for example Mastering Bundles, Mix Bundles, Heavy Metal Bundles, etc. with mixed plugins.
Members of the new Plugin Alliance will be Brainworx, SPL, Elysia, Vertigo, Millennia, Charter Oak, Mäag Audio, Neve Custom Series 75, Chandler Limited and others soon.
The Plugin Alliance will launch January 2nd, 2012.
More information: Brainworx / Plugin Alliance
Audio Ease has announced the release of AltiVerb 7 for Mac, the latest version of the industry standard convolution reverb plug-in.
The Impulse response (sampled spaces) library is more accessible then ever because of Altiverb’s new picture browser: quicker loading, organize-by-size, and single click favorites are among its features. Altiverb 7 looks and feels better. Often used controls all line up on the front, while the more exotic ones are in drawers beneath.
Keyword searching makes it easier to find the right space among the many hundreds of spaces Altiverb includes. Just type “brick studio UK” or “small bed room”.
Altiverb 7 adds an algorithmic reverb that is closely fit to the impulse response. It can optionally add brightness and chaotic modulation in ways only synthetic reverb can while preserving the nature of convolution reverb.
The Impulse response library can be kept up to date from within the plug-in. The TDM structure has been heavily simplified, altiverb is now the only total recall convolution reverb (without the use of snapshots). It adds drag and drop impulse response making from sweeps, slate claps or anything experimental from piano chords to overhead thunder. Altiverb 7 is fully backwards compatible: you can open up any old project and it will load and sound the same as Altiverb 6.
Audio Ease AltiVerb 7
New in AltiVerb 7
- Look & Feel – Altiverb 7 looks and feels better. Often used controls all line up on the front, while the more exotic ones are in drawers beneath.
- Picture Browser – The IR library is more accessible then ever because of Altiverb’s new visual browser: quicker loading, organize-by-size, and single click favorites.
- Keyword Searching – A powerful keyword search field makes you find items like ‘metallic resonances’ ‘bed room’, ‘street slapback’ or ‘brick studio’
- Brightness – An algorithmic synthetic reverb layer that is tightly tailored to the impulse response provides a type of brightness that an EQ could never boost from a real world room.
- News – Keep your IR library up to date from within Altiverb. You can go into Altiverb’s news tab, see what’s new and proceed to download and install without restarting, all from within Altiverb 7.
- Similar – The room does work, but it is not quite the perfect one yet? Hit Similar and Altiverb will suggest similar sounding alternatives to the chosen impulse response.
- TDM simplified – In Altiverb 7 XL, the TDM chip management can be done from within Altiverb, using one handy pop-up menu. This feature does away with the long list of Altiverbs in the TDM plug-in popup. On top of that Altiverb 7 XL allows the loading of all IR types (down to mono in / mono out) into a stereo to quad instance of Altiverb.
- Total Recall Automation – Everything, including the impulse response choice is automatable in Altiverb 7. This means that you do not have to jump through hoops to fully automate Altiverb 7. And while there are still single-click snapshots, you do not need them to automate Altiverb. You can even read which IR is chosen in the automation curve.
- Drag and drop – Just drop any audio onto Altiverb 7 to use it as an impulse response: sweep recordings, several type claps or bangs, or any kind of experimental audio like crashing cars or piano chords. The drag and drop IR feature includes new make-up curves that allows the making of decent IRs using a handheld portable radio, or even slates. Read more
- Chaos – Dial in a bit of chaotic modulation and not every hit will sound identical in the reverb. As a bonus tonal material will be dispersed which means that slightly out of tune notes will be covered up in the reverb tail.
- Interactive EQ curve – To operate the equalizers you can still use the familiar turning knobs. But Altiverb 7 adds an interactive equalizer curve that allows you to set al four bands including the widths of the parametric ones.
- And More… – Altiverb supports 64 bits. It has a new reverb gate, and straightforward pre-delay and attack parameters. Times can be set in note values locked to your song’s tempo, and you have 10 times as much space in the stage positioner.
Altiverb 7 supports 64 bits, is Intel Mac only for now, runs in all major VST Audio Unit and MAS hosts and in ProTools 8, 9 and 10 as a TDM plugin and as RTAS.
AltiVerb 7 for Mac is now available to purchase for 499 EUR excl. VAT. The upgrade is free for all altiverbs purchased in 2010 or later: a grace period of close to two years. Otherwise the upgrade costs 159 EUR.
More information: Audio Ease / AltiVerb 7
SoundToys has announced its Holiday Bundle Deal, a limited time promotion.
Buy a SoundToys Native Effects bundle and get Devil-Loc Deluxe for free. $129 value. Offer ends Dec 25th 2011.
All bundles purchased between Dec 1st and Dec 25th will have a free Devil-Loc Deluxe added to the deal. That’s all the cool plug-ins in the bundle including EchoBoy, Decapitator, FilterFreak, Crystallizer, and more, plus the free Devil-Loc Deluxe. Click any of the product links to get more info and “Buy Now”.
Act now before the Holidays and the offer is gone. Also applies to SoundToys TDM Effects.
Devil-Loc Deluxe Promotion for current bundle owners coming soon.
More information: SoundToys
Softube has announced it has released AAX versions of its effect plug-ins.
Today we are releasing 20 of our plug-ins for Avid’s new Pro Tools format AAX. 15 of the plug-ins are also available in the new AAX DSP format. And it’s a free update!
Softube is the first major plug-in developer to release a substantial amount of AAX plug-ins for both DSP and Native. If you are a Pro Tools 10 user, this update is a no-brainer. Projects with existing RTAS or TDM plug-ins will automatically and smoothly switch to AAX, or AAX DSP if you have the new HDX card. DSP versions are included with the native license and do not need to be purchased separately.
On top of all this—our discount campaign is still going on! Up to 50% discount until November 16.
The new AAX update is so far only available for Mac, Windows will follow soon. The DSP versions are still in beta, but are included in the installer.
More information: Softube