Waves has announced the H-EQ, a hybrid equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
H-EQ is a uniquely powerful hybrid equalizer, featuring vintage and modern EQ inspired by the finest British and American consoles; seven different filter types per band, including a newly-developed, one-of-a-kind asymmetrical bell filter; an intuitive keyboard graphic that lets you choose frequencies by clicking on notes; an exclusive MS Mode so you can apply different EQ to Mid and Side content; and a flexible real-time frequency spectrum analyzer with multiple display options.
- Seven filter types per band: US Vintage, UK Vintage 1, UK Vintage 2, US Modern, UK Modern, Digital 1 and Digital 2.
- Newly-developed asymmetrical bell filter.
- Exclusive MS matrix mode: Apply different EQ to Mid and Side content.
- Keyboard graphic: Choose frequencies by clicking on notes.
- Real-time frequency spectrum analyzer.
Waves H-EQ is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (TDM). Regular price $200 USD (Native) / $300 USD (TDM). Owners of Waves Mercury with current Waves Update Plan coverage get H-EQ at no charge.
More information: Waves / H-EQ
Related: analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, public beta
Posted in news
on Aug 15, 2011 - 0 comments
Brainworx has released a public beta of bx_meter, a sophisticated metering and measurement tool that allows you to visually analyze your audio signal in many useful ways.
We believe your mixes will benefit from proper dynamics, especially from a certain range of dynamics your music has. Too loud mixes often sound squashed, and in long mixing sessions your ears often get used to the squashed sound so you´re losing objectivity.
bx_meter will show you Peak and RMS values of your mixes, and in addition to that it will show you the relation between both with the centered DYNAMIC LEDs.
bx_meter has a Mid / Side mode (Sum and Difference) in addition to the standard L/R mode, and it offers 3 different weightings to be used to display the dynamics. Just like all the other Brainworx tools you will find several solo switches and nice extra features like the floating dynamic LED mode.
The vertical layout will make it easy for you to place bx_meter on the right side of your screen without burying other plugins or important sequencer data, and the size of the meter is big enough to show you even the slightest details.
bx_meter will be available to purchase August 22nd for an introductory price (TBA), list price: 99 EUR / $145 USD. The public beta is now available to download.
More information: Brainworx / bx_meter
SoundToys has released an update to its Mac OSX plug-in range.
Changes in SoundToys plugins v4.1.2 (Mac)
- Fixed random CPU spikes.
- System Performance improvements.
- Fixed issue causing ProTools transport delays.
- Fixed occasional crashing on delete.
- Faster loading in Pro Tools.
- AU, VST: Fixed click before regions.
- Graphics performance improvements.
- Fixed issue causing various alerts.
Note: Official 64-bit support is in progress and will be released at a later date.
More information: SoundToys
McDSP has released version v5.0×9 of its plugins.
Changes in McDSP v5.0×9
- Corrected dsp shuffling bug in TDM versions causing system hangs.
- Fixed NF575 and DE555 TDM versions to report accurate dsp usage at higher sample rates (88.2 kHz, 96 kHz) and prevent system hangs.
- B1 Notch/Bandpass filter plug-in re-added to FilterBank Legacy plug-in collection for complete backwards session compatibility.
- Corrected plug-in insert names as displayed in Pro Tools 8 and 9 for Analog Channel (Next Gen version), MC2000 (Next Gen version), and the DE555.
- Corrected flipped output phase in FilterBank Audio Unit (AU) version, Retro EQ TDM, RTAS and Audiosuite versions, and MC2000 Audio Unit(AU) version.
- Legacy Classic Pack plug-ins now automatically installed from Classic Pack Next Gen installers (both PowerPC and Intel-Mac installers).
- 6030 Ultimate Compressor version text corrected.
This update is recommended for all v5 customers (Pro Tools, Logic, Digital Performer, other Audio Unit hosts).
More information: McDSP
SoundToys has announced the SoundToys Mega Plug-in Trade-In, a limited time offer for its plugin bundles.
From June 2nd to June 20th, if you have individual SoundToys Plug-ins you can trade them in for reduced pricing on SoundToys bundles. The more you trade the more you save.
For example, trade in your FilterFreak, Decapitator and Speed and get the 8 plug-in SoundToys Native Effects V4 for only $149 (Save $346.00)!! Wow! Or trade in your SoundBlender and EchoBoy and get the 11 plug-in SoundToys TDM Effects for only $695 (Save $500).
You can log-in to your account and see all the available specials based on what you own.
More information: SoundToys
TC Electronic has announced it will have discounts on most TC Electronic plug-ins for the next two weeks.
From Wednesday June 1 to Wednesday June 15 (both days included), you can save up to 50% on TC Electronic plug-ins for PowerCore and Pro Tools. For instance, you can save at least 50% on ‘Assimilator’, ‘Fabrik C’ and ‘Restoration Suite’ for PowerCore and from 30% to 50% on ‘MD3′, ‘UnWrap’, ‘Harmony4′ and ‘DVR2′ for Pro Tools.
Also, you’ll find a significant discount on ‘Access Virus’ for PowerCore!
All PowerCore plug-ins come in VST and Audio Units versions, and the Pro Tools plug-ins are available in TDM format. All plug-ins support both PC and Mac.
More information: TC Electronic
Waves has introduced the MPX Master Tape, a virtual tape effect plug-in modeled in association with Eddie Kramer.
Developed in association with Eddie Kramer, the MPX Master Tape plugin is modeled on a rare machine consisting of an Ampex 350 transport and 351 electronics. With adjustable tape speed, bias, flux, wow & flutter, and noise parameters, the MPX provides comprehensive control over the contours of your sound. And to top it off, we’ve added a flexible slap & feedback delay, ideal for rock, dance, dub, you name it. For recording, mixing, mastering, and more, bring the richness and warmth of real tape saturation to your DAW with the MPX Master Tape. It’s the reel deal.
MPX Master Tape features
- Modeled on the Ampex 350/351 1/4″ reel-to-reel.
- Adjustable tape speed, bias, flux, wow & flutter.
- Slap & feedback delay.
- Up to 24bit 96kHz resolution.
- Mono and Stereo components.
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU.
- PC and Mac compatible.
The MPX Master Tape is available to purchase for $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (TDM).
More information: Waves / MPX Master Tape
SoundToys has released Devil-Loc Deluxe, an audio level destroyer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
SoundToys Devil-Loc Deluxe
Devil-Loc Deluxe includes the original Devil-Loc, but then takes it up a notch to put some serious evil into your mixes. Devil-Loc made drums massive, and Devil-Loc Deluxe gives you total control over that massive sound.
With Devil-Loc Deluxe the Darkness control can tame the high end or create thick rumbling lows. Then use the phase correct Mix control to blend and balance the original sound with the Devil-Loc’d sound for massive but clear drum sounds just like the pros (but without the irritating and confusing bussing and routing). You can even automate that mix right inside the plug-in. Top it off with a switch for getting a faster release time that really puts the smack on your track and this is one mighty beast. That’s one free plug-in and one for $49. You can’t lose. Feel its power!
The Devil-Loc Deluxe upgrade is now available to purchase for $49 USD. The plug-in is free with a purchase (and registration) of the SoundToys bundle (Native or TDM) between April 4th and April 15th, 2011.
More information: SoundToys / Devil-Loc Deluxe