Avid announced today that it will be exhibiting at InfoComm 2012, June 13–15, at Booth #C9944 in the Audio Pavilion, showcasing the VENUE SC48 Remote digital mixing console, Pro Tools software and interfaces, as well as the ISIS 5000 system for real-time shared media storage.
Suitable for a variety of installed sound applications, Avid’s range of VENUE systems feature integrated VENUE/Pro Tools recording and playback for archiving and performing Virtual Soundchecks, MADI connectivity between FOH and monitor systems, as well as a variety of personal monitoring solutions.
Avid will also showcase interoperable AVB solutions with other AVnu Alliance members, as well as co-sponsor the AVB Networking Conference, being held at the Renaissance Hotel on June 12th, focused on real-world applications of AVB technology.
- VENUE SC48 Remote
VENUE SC48 Remote is the perfect system for installations where the FOH position is a ways from the stage, and running bulky multicore analog snake cables is not practical or is cost-prohibitive. VENUE SC48 Remote System pairs a specially configured SC48 with the new VENUE Stage 48 remote box, enabling I/O to be placed closer to sources for better audio fidelity via fully redundant, auto-switching Ethernet AVB snake connections. AVB is a future-forward, low-latency open technology enables the system to transmit high-fidelity audio—with the utmost reliability—over lightweight, inexpensive cable at distances up to 100 meters, without noise or signal degradation.
- AVB Demonstration in the AVnu Pavilion
Throughout the show, Avid will be participating in the AVnu Pavilion, located in Booth C11309 in the Audio Pavilion. Avid’s VENUE SC48 Remote system (along with other AVnu Alliance member products) will be featured in a live demonstration of interoperable AVB-enabled devices connected over a shared Ethernet network. A comprehensive AVB education program lineup will illustrate how AVB is revolutionizing A/V networking for manufacturers, integrators, consultants and other A/V professionals.
- AVB Networking Conference
Avid is co-sponsoring the AVB Networking Conference 2012, to be held at the Renaissance Hotel in Las Vegas on June 12, from 11:00 am to 4:30 pm. The applications-based event will provide consultants, integrators and system designers with comprehensive details on how AVB technology can simplify system design and maintenance, and how interoperable solutions are being deployed today. For up-to-date information, visit AVB Networking Conference.
More information: Avid / InfoComm 2012
Moog has announced the Moog Guitar Custom Shop, a new service where your creative vision is combined with Moog Guitar technology and innovation.
You have spent your life dreaming of the perfect guitar. The way it feels, sounds and looks. The Moog Guitar Custom Shop is your opportunity to truly define yourself, your sound and your Moog Guitar.
Combine your dreams, your vision and your passion with our inspiring, powerful Moog Guitar technology to create the ultimate performance instrument that is unique and made just for you.
Your one of a kind Moog Guitar is hand built by our world-class luthier in Asheville, NC to your exact specifications.
Moog’s custom guitars start at $3,995 USD.
More information: Moog / Guitar Custom Shop
Native Instruments has launched a major recruiting initiative that comprises both a comprehensive advertising campaign and a highly functional new online careers section.
“It’s the unique people at NI that shape our products and define what this company is all about”, comments Native Instruments’ CEO Daniel Haver. “This is why we treat recruiting with the very same dedication that we already put into our products”. The goal of this exceptional initiative is to find the very best candidates for the numerous open positions available at the company’s Berlin and Los Angeles offices, covering various departments and disciplines.
Native Instruments Dual Brains. Wanted.
The new NI recruiting campaign uses the slogan ‘Dual Brains. Wanted.’ to convey the dual nature of Native Instruments’ business. It refers to the necessity of both logical and creative skills across all positions – a key factor that enables the company to create and market their highly innovative, integrated digital music products efficiently. “Native Instruments is not only a company, but a mindset, in which creative passion and enthusiasm for music and technology meets with highly professional skills and attitudes”, Daniel Haver explains. Spearheaded by a manifesto video representing the work and design ethic of the company, the campaign also features worldwide print and online advertisements. It was created in cooperation with the leading creative agency M&C Saatchi.
Complementing the campaign, a sophisticated new ‘Career Center’ section on the NI website allows users to easily find the most relevant job opportunities. After three years of continuous major growth and now counting over 300 employees of more than 25 nationalities, Native Instruments is continually looking for talented individuals in various disciplines. There are currently over 30 open positions, with particular focus on product design, software and hardware development, and project management.
More information: Native Instruments / Career Center
Avid has announced the largest showcase of integrated media production technology the company has ever presented at NAB.
Avid is featuring completely new and upgraded solutions for advanced asset-based workflows spanning distributed production, multi-platform distribution, server and storage, and broadcast graphics, demonstrating how customers in news, sports, TV, and post-production can prepare for the demands of the future.
“We’ve designed an array of advanced solutions that give our customers the new asset-based workflow capabilities they need to build a more agile and efficient business,” said Gary Greenfield, chairman and CEO of Avid. “Media organizations need to be able to reuse their existing media assets more effectively, collaborate easily, and find ways to monetize their content across digital and social distribution channels. With the capabilities we’re announcing today at NAB, we’re helping our customers solve these challenges by letting them create content wherever they are, manage complex production workflows, and distribute their media everywhere.”
Avid’s new asset-based workflow solutions at NAB 2012 include:
- Distributed production—A new solution, Interplay® Sphere, gives broadcast news professionals the ability to acquire, access, edit and finish stories from anywhere, anytime. Leveraging a cloud-based architecture, applications like Media Composer® and NewsCutter® will give contributors the freedom to work in a completely distributed environment that spans multiple locations and time zones. Underscoring Avid’s leadership and commitment to broadcast news, NewsCutter and Media Composer with Interplay Sphere effectively break down the walls of the newsroom by expanding what journalists and news organizations can do, regardless of their location.
- Multi-Platform Distribution (MPD)—To address the rising demands of multi-screen consumption, Avid’s new MPD solution streamlines and enhances the process for journalists and editors who are creating and distributing content across multiple traditional, digital, and social platforms. MPD removes the complexity of multi-platform distribution by intelligently orchestrating the flow of assets and metadata through creation, transcode, and then delivery to web content management systems, online video platforms, and social media.
- Server and storage—Helping media producers address the challenges of ever-increasing production volumes and rising costs— the new Avid ISIS® 2000 near-line storage solution works across multiple Avid Interplay installations to provide search, browse, access, and management, extending production storage; the Avid ISIS 7000 v4.0 effectively doubles its storage capacity with the new i4000 blade; and the next generation AirSpeed® 5000 video server features new codec flexibility with Avid DNxHD® playback included in HD versions.
- Avid Motion Graphics™—Gives enterprises the ability to create stunning visual imagery, get it quickly and easily to air, and build strong brand recognition with an advanced real-time 2D/3D rendering engine, accelerated by the latest GPU and I/O technology.
Avid is also showcasing at NAB:
- Avid Interplay—Extended Avid Interplay family of asset management solutions with new releases of:
- Interplay Production 2.6—Production asset management solution featuring greater workflow flexibility and capacity, support for multiple ISIS installations, and new end-to-end ProRes, JPEG 2000, and 3D format support.
- Interplay MAM 4—Modular media asset management technology for automation of archive, ingest, production, and distribution operations and workflows.
- Interplay Central 1.2—Web-based news creation application with improved media access and management capabilities.
- NewsVision™ 2.5—New I/O, graphics, and workflow options, in an economical turnkey foundation for an entire newsroom operation.
- Media Composer 6—Benchmark video editing system with 64-bit power, open I/O support, and sleek new look and feel.
- Pro Tools® 10—Industry-standard platform for audio and music recording with enhanced performance and responsiveness, including HDX hardware support.
More information: Avid / Avid at NAB 2012
Avid has announced its lineup for NAB 2012, which includes presentations from renowned customers and the largest array of new product announcements from the company at NAB in more than a decade.
Returning to booth #SU902 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Avid will announce new and upgraded solutions designed to make it easier for media enterprises to create content wherever they are, manage complex production workflows and distribute their media more effectively. Additionally, Avid experts will offer overviews of recently released solutions including Pro Tools® 10, Media Composer® 6 and Avid Interplay® Media Asset Manager (MAM) 4.
At NAB 2012 in Las Vegas, Avid will host a live press event and streaming webcast to announce these new solutions on Sunday, April 15 at 4:00 p.m. PT. A live online Q&A session with Avid subject matter experts will immediately follow the webcast. To register, visit http://forms.avid.com/forms/nab2012-webcast
Visit Avid at the Avid Booth #SU902, Las Vegas Convention Center, April 16-19, 2012.
More information: Avid NAB 2012
Zynaptiq has announced it has acquires IP of selected Prosoniq products and technologies.
Zynaptiq GmbH and Prosoniq Products Software GmbH announce they have recently struck an agreement that grants Zynaptiq the exclusive and transferrable usage, licensing, modification and intellectual property rights to various Prosoniq products and technologies that were put on hold during the transition to MacOS X.
The agreement includes:
- Rayverb, a real-time reverb processor that uses inverse ray-tracing technology. Rayverb allows creating a room model from an impulse response, and then enables the user to manipulate room characteristics such as size, material and geometry, morph between multiple room models and position the input signal anywhere within the modeled room’s sound-stage. Rayverb also allows exporting the manipulated room model as impulse response.
- Magenta, a polyphonic real-time resynthesizer. Magenta allows a live input signal to be used as time-varying waveform for real-time resynthesis and sound tweaking. Options include advanced signal transformation like metallization, pitch quantization, pitch- & formant-shifting, and more.
- PANDORA, a real-time voice separation/attenuation technology.
- APEM, a de-reverberator based on artificial neural networks.
- IRIDIUM, a de-noising technology based on pattern recognition and physical modeling.
- as well as over 70 other algorithms, including mastering grade dynamics, equalization and saturation, audio morphing, re-synthesis, feature extraction and many other unique sound design algorithms. The transferred IP also contains an industrial strength batch processing framework.
Zynaptiq will provide existing users of the acquired titles with an upgrade path when software derived from or related to these products becomes available. Specifically, APEM users are eligible for a cross-grade path to Zynaptiq’s UNVEIL de-reverberation plug-in, and will be contacted by Prosoniq in the following weeks.
More information: Zynaptiq
Native Instruments has introduced Mostly Robot, a collaboration of five musicians bringing creativity and technology live on stage.
Five mystery musicians, each a celebrated cutting-edge performer in their own right, join forces for a world premiere performance at Sónar by Day. Well-known as individuals, this is a rare chance to see five top artists collaborate and create for the first time – ‘Mostly Robot’ is set to deliver the most unique event of the Sónar program.
The band was conceived by Berlin’s music-tech pioneers Native Instruments, and draws from the company’s wide-reaching influence on numerous contemporary and underground music scenes. Although they will fully utilize the Native Instruments arsenal of hardware and software, the group has outgrown its progeny, and is all set to catch fire this summer. ‘Mostly Robot’ pushes the boundaries of the band concept – an electrifying and raucous adventure into the synergy between technology and the creative spark.
Stay tuned for the unveiling of the secret five, and for more details on the Native Instruments Showcase at Sónar 2012.
More information: Sónar / Mostly Robot
iZotope has announced the acquisition of Imagine Research, a developer of intelligent audio analysis technologies.
Based in San Francisco, Imagine Research developed MediaMined™, a cloud-based sound similarity and sound-object recognition engine powered by machine learning. The development team has applied their expertise to a range of leading media companies like Skywalker Sound, Pandora, Line 6 and JamLegend (acquired by Zynga). A winner of two National Science Foundation Small Business Innovation Awards, Imagine Research has demonstrated both technical and commercial merit.
“The Imagine Research team brings a wealth of technology and experience around intelligent audio analysis, cloud computing, and machine learning,” explains iZotope CEO and co-founder, Mark Ethier, “We’re excited to support the development of MediaMined, and to bring Imagine Research technology into the rest of the iZotope product lines.”
“Given iZotope’s infrastructure and ten years of experience developing, marketing, distributing and supporting products worldwide, joining iZotope is a natural fit for Imagine Research,” says Jay LeBoeuf, founder and CEO of Imagine Research, “iZotope is ideally positioned to help us bring this technology to millions of end-users, and to expand our innovative technology into exciting applications and new markets.”
More information: iZotope