, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 19, 2011
Soniccouture has announced a limited time promotion, offering 50% off 5 Exotic Percussion sample libraries.
50% OFF 5 GREAT PERCUSSION PRODUCTS – UNTIL FRIDAY 23RD DECEMBER – 7 DAYS ONLY
Simply enter the code for the product you would like :
Balinese Gamelan Composers Edition : GAMELAN50
The Skiddaw Stones : STONES50
Morpheus : MORPH50
Tingklik : TING50
Guzheng : GU50
Only one code can be used per purchase. Cannot be used with the current “Buy One Get One Free” offer. The offer ends 23 December, 2011.
More information: Soniccouture / Exotic Percussion
Nine Volt Audio has announced the release of Duo Tingklik, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt 3/4.
Duo – Tingklik: The tingklik’s design results in a sound that is both unique and exotic yet immediately useable in a wide range of musical contexts.
Originating from Bali, these marimba-like instruments are made with bamboo, split halfway down their length, are then carved so that a closed tube resonator remains on the other half. The completed keys are mounted to a wooden frame with string, allowing them to sway when hit.
As part of Nine Volt Audio’s new Duo product line, we’ve recorded TWO tingkliks. The “Red” tingklik is a large 11-note model with its lowest bamboo note measuring over 3’ long, while the “White” is a smaller 8-note version covering a higher range.
Duo – Tingklik features
- Nearly 720 MB of 44.1kHz/24bit samples and 40 Kontakt 3.5/4 instrument patches and multis. Download is 441 MB.
- There are 90+ samples per note sampled on both instruments with all stick types, for a total of 3520 samples. User interface controls are available to control the depth of automatic sample rotation and other humanization features.
- Core natural patches are offered in “Lite”, “Medium” and “Large” sizes to accommodate different levels of RAM and CPU usage.
- “Unison” patches are available for both tingkliks allowing for the simulation of two people playing simultaneously. These patches have additional “Spread” and “Detune” user interface controls.
- Arpeggiator patches and multis include 12 patterns per patch. Patterns 1-6 are duple meter (2/4, 4/4), patterns 7-10 triple meter (3/4, 6/8), and patterns 11 and 12 are 5/4 and 7/8, respectively.
- User interface controls are available to alter chromatic playing modes to the instruments’ original keys and scales – along with numerous other keys and scales.
- Additional user interface controls include: convolution reverb (with 14 custom IR .wavs), saturation, stereo width, velocity curve, low and high pass filters, delay, low, mid and high EQ gain, AHDSR, remap knob and humanization.
Duo – Tingklik is available to purchase for $59.99 USD.
More information: Nine Volt Audio / Duo – Tingklik
Soniccouture has released Tingklik, a sampled bamboo percussion instrument.
A Tingklik is a bamboo percussion instrument from Bali. It’s often used for “Rindik” music, so is sometimes referred to as a Rindik itself. Rindik music usually involves two Tingklik players and a single Suling (bamboo flute).
Rindik music is usually played at public gatherings or just for entertainment. It’s not associated with any of the religious or cultural festivals where we usually hear the gamelan. The pieces are secular, and usually named after animals, such as “Chasing a female pig”, or “Frog climbing a leaf”.
A Tingklik typically has 11 bamboo tubes, although the instrument we sampled has 12. The longest bamboo is about a metre long for the lowest pitch. With five notes per octave, the range is just over 2 octaves. The tubes are suspended using string over a brightly coloured wooden frame. The player sits on the ground and strikes the bamboo tubes with rubber-tipped mallets.
- 24bit 44.1khz Stereo Sampling.
- 14 Velocity Layers .
- 6 Round Robin Layers.
- KSP Jammer module.
- 470 MB Sample library.
- Available for Kontakt, EXS24, and Ableton Live.
Soniccouture Tingklik is available to purchase for 29 EUR.
More information: Soniccouture / Tingklik