TK Audio releases the Transceiver, a four channel insert station.
The Transceiver is a four channel universal interface between balanced and unbalanced gear. Each channel has a send level and a 0-20dB gain for the returns. A polarity switch is also provided on the return channels.
TK Audio Transceiver (click image for full version).
- Hook up your guitar pedals and old tape-echos to your DAW or console inserts.
- Use it as a linebox for your bass, keyboard and guitar.
- Also a perfect tool when you like to hook up your bass directly to your favourite pre’s mic input.
- Transceiver is also a very useful re-amp tool.
- Use your studio gear on stage by using the transceiver as a driver then route the balanced signal back through the transceiver to get an unbalanced instrument level back again.
The Transceiver has a list price of 740 EUR / $980 USD / £610 GBP ex VAT.
More information: TK Audio / Transceiver
TK Audio has announced the release of the TK-lizer, a hardware mastering and main-buss equalizer.
Our new TK-lizer is a Baxandall type of EQ, high and low bands are selectable between shelving or bell, very useful for fine tuning of your low’s, mid’s and high’s.
The EQ also has a built in M/S function which lets you process the mid and side signals separately. You can also affect the stereo width of your music by using the level controls in M/S mode. The three bands are based on the legendary Baxandall circuit from the 50’s.
- Dual mono 3-band Baxandall style EQ.
- 12dB octave high pass filter (the highest HPF frequency 100Hz which is for mono-ing bass in M/S mode, this frequency can easily be changed by the customer).
- All controls are stepped for repeatability and easy channel tracking.
- Broad Q.
- High and Low band selectable between shelving or bell.
- Built in M/S function.
- Electronically balanced inputs and outputs.
- Max output level before clip: 27dBu.
- Main 115v or 230v (not selectable).
- Handbuilt in Sweden.
The TK-lizer is available to purchase for 11.996 SEK ex VAT (~1.375 EUR).
More information: TK Audio
TK Audio has announced the BC2-ME, a new mastering compressor unit.
TK Audio’s vision is to make products that will satisfy our customers needs. During years of success with our BC1 we got a lot of requests of customize units with stepped controls, more suitable for mastering. Therefore we now launch BC2-ME, a unit perfect for mastering. Except for the stepped controls we also added some nice features like illuminated switches, switchable output-stage between electronically-balanced or transformer balanced class-A.
BC2-ME uses the same basic sound path as the BC1, plus the extra features. The class-A mode offers a more vintage tone, like fat, punchy low-end response with more low mid character. The output section is the same as we use in the DP1. BC2-ME also has a switch that adds extra harmonics to the compressed signal. The blend control offers 23 steps from straight to compressed signal.
- All rotary controls stepped.
- All push buttons illuminated. Soft light when not engaged.
- THD switch, adds extra harmonics (even) to the compressed signal.
- Improved VCA circuit.
- Can be upgraded with separate VCA modules that holds up to eight VCA chips in parallel to get as low noise as possible.
- True bypass.
- Stepped precision blend control using a 4-deck ELMA switch.
- Five HPF frequencies.
- Gain-reduction meter with 20 LED’s, 0.5dB resolution.
- Ratio starts at 1.25:1.
- Threshold -20dB to +20dB. 41 steps. (picture shows -10dB to +10dB)
- Make-up gain 0 to 10dB, 41 steps.
- Output switchable between electronically-balanced or transformer-balanced class-A built around heavy Carnhill transformers.
- Balanced, external side-chain inputs.
The BC2-ME is expected to ship in February 2012.
More information: TK Audio / BC2-ME
TK Audio has announced the BC1mk2, a hardware stereo buss compressor.
TK Audio launched the BC1 in 2008 and it became immediately a favourite among producers, techs and artists. 500 units later we felt that it was time for a small update. We have taken our customers experiences and views in consideration as well as our own ideas.
TK Audio BCmk2
Changes in BC1mk2
- New layout of the panel with digits around all controls for easier recall.
- New faster gain reduction-meter.
- Internal jumpers for unbalanced use.
- Improved VCA circuit for slightly lower noise.
The BC1mk2 is available to purchase for 8.796 SEK.
More information: TK Audio / BC1mk2