ToneBoosters has announced the release of TB Sibalance, a de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
De-essers can be an evil necessity. Vocal recordings may be too sibilant requiring de-essing (or excess sibilance removal), but most de-essers come with very clearly audible drawbacks as well. After de-essing, vocals may sound muffled, the ‘s’ may sound more like an ‘f’, or even worse, the operation of a de-esser manifests itself as a clearly-audible time-varying filter.
TB Sibalance provides very powerful tools to reduce excess sibilance in a minimally invasive way. In contrast to conventional de-essers, TB Sibalance uses so-called ‘matched filter’ technology to only process those frequencies that are causing excess sibilance, while leaving all other frequency components untouched. The result of TB Sibalance will therefore sound cleaner and more transparent than that obtained with other de-essers.
TB Sibalance for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 19.95 EUR.
More information: ToneBoosters / TB Sibalance
ToneBoosters has launched TB Evoke, a dynamics processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TB Evoke consists of an integrated DC/rumble filter, a smart gate, a transparent compressor, a multi-band excess sibilance processor, and an exciter in one convenient plugin.
The main benefits of integrating these processes into one plugin are a very low CPU load, low latency, and better integration and interdependencies of these effects compared to a cascade of individual plugins.
TB Evoke was designed to operate on individual tracks as well as busses, and can handle a wide range of content.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 19.95 EUR.
More information: ToneBoosters / TB Evoke
eXtream Software Development has announced that the selected ToneBoosters effect plug-ins are now available in Audio Evolution Mobile for Android.
A first ToneBoosters effect pack containing the Barricade (brickwall limiter), DeEsser, Gate and Reverb effects is now available as an in-app purchase in Audio Evolution Mobile, affordably priced at €3.49 euro.
To celebrate this collaboration, ToneBoosters are generously providing their TimeMachine effect for free in the app! People are invited to contact either company to let them know which ToneBoosters effects they want next in Audio Evolution Mobile!
Audio Evolution Mobile for Android is available for purchase for 5.75 EUR. The Tonebooster effect pack in-app purchase is 3.49 EUR.
More information: Audio Evolution Mobile
ToneBooster has announced the release of TB-Dither, a quantization and noise shaping plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB-Dither allows the design of your own noise shaping curve – as easy as working with an EQ.
TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping.
TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Supports industry-standard RPDF and TPDF dithering noise.
- Unrivalled flexibility to shape dithering and quantization noise.
- Suports any bith depth between 8 and 24 bits.
- Dedicated modes to listen to quantization noise only.
- Advanced noise-shaping overload protection algorithm.
TB-Dither for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated it’s plug-in line to version 3.0.3.
Changes in v3.0.3
- All plugins
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in Wavelab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inresponsiveness of Module.
- Added ‘legacy’ saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.
More information: ToneBoosters
ToneBooster has announced TB BusCompressor, a compressor effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB BusCompressor is a very transparent, all-round dynamics processor designed to be able to handle everything from single tracks to complex, full mixes. Even with ultra-short attack and release settings, harmonic distortion is extremely low (often better than -150 dB re FS*), and CPU load is typically below 0.5% (depending on hardware).
Besides the conventional controls for threshold, ratio, attack and release, TB BusCompressor features a variable soft knee, a dry/wet mixer for New York / parallel compression, a dedicated ‘upward compression’ mode, and an auto-release mode. Furthermore, the amount of bass fed into the side chain / level detector can be adjusted as well in a dedicated ‘expert settings’ menu.
TB BusCompressor features
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 up to 192 kHz.
- Transparent compressor suitable for a wide range of audio material.
- Auto-release mode, and variable ‘dynamic release’ operation.
- Upward and downward compression modes.
- New York style / parallel compression supported by integrated dry/wet mixer.
- Very light on the CPU.
- Visual indication of effective compressor curve, including effect of dry/wet mixing.
TB BusCompressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 19.95 EUR.
ToneBooster has also updates all plug-ins for version 3.0.
Changes in ToneBooster 3.0
- All plugins
- Complete GUI redesigns.
- Variety of bug fixes, optimizations, improvements.
- Major improvement on how plugin parameters are mapped onto automation data and external controllers.
- Option to manually enter parameter values by right-click on rotary controls.
- Added mouse-wheel functionality to drop-down menus.
- Improved host automation for all X/Y editors.
- Autosaturation replaced by intelligent multi-band limiter.
- Lookahead now expressed in ms.
- 33% reduction in latency.
- CPU load reduction on OSX (VST+AU).
- Complete redesign of saturation module, giving much smoother sound.
- Removed certain gimmicks (tape stop, noise reduction).
- Lost presets are recovered.
- Latency reduced to just 4 samples due to true analog emulation.
- Aprox 15% CPU load reduction.
- BusCompressor – Release of all new, low-complexity, high-quality compressor.
- Equalizer – Added several new filter types (notch filter, bandpass filter, Pultec-style shelving filters).
- Enabled continuous change of (re)sampling rate.
- Addition of analog saturation module (with drive and mix controls).
- TimeMachine is now part of the TrackEssentials bundle.
- FlX / FlX4
- Approximately 30% CPU load reduction on OSX (VST+AU).
- Improved GUI responsiveness.
- EBULoudness – Increase in GUI refresh rate for smoother metering.
- Ferox/Omnisone/Module/EZQ/IsoneSurround/HumRemover/XYTool – These guys are enjoying their retirement.
More information: ToneBoosters
ToneBoosters has released version 2.9.1 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. Our audio plugins are based on more than a decade of scientific research and product development in the areas of digital … read more
ToneBoosters has updated its effect plugins for Windows and Mac to version 2.8.7. Version 2.8.7 includes fixes & improvements to the Flx dynamic equalizer. Changes in ToneBoosters 2.8.7 All plugins Resolved issue that key files … read more
ToneBooster has announced it has updated its effect plug-ins to version 2.8.6. All Windows and OSX plugins have been updated to version 2.8.6; new downloads will be available soon at www.toneboosters.com. Please note that due … read more
ToneBoosters has released version 2.8.5 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, which includes the new FlX dynamic equalizer plug-in. TB FlX (“Flex“) combines equalization and dynamics processing in one go. It works … read more
ToneBoosters has updated its effect plugins for Windows and Mac to version 2.8.4. All plugins have been updated to version 2.8.4; new downloads are available at www.toneboosters.com. Happy new year! The ReelBus analog tape simulation … read more
Jeroen Breebaart’s collection of previously released freeware and commercial effect plugins for Windows is now available to download as a bundle. This bundle of old(!) VST plugins is provided free of charge and comes with … read more
Outbound link: Jeroen Breebaart
– Related: analyser and monitor
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Jeroen Breebaart
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2012 - 0 comments
ToneBoosters has announced version 2.8.2 of its audio processing effect plug-ins. Our audio plugins are based on more than a decade of scientific research and product development in the areas of digital signal processing and … read more
ToneBoosters has updated its effect plug-ins for Windows to version 2.0.8. The update includes improvements to the EBULoudness stereo and multi-channel loudness measurement plugin (compliant with ITU-R BS.1770, EBU R-128, EBU TechRep. 3341, 3342 and … read more
ToneBoosters has announced version 2.6.2 of its effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac. All VST plugins have been updated to version 2.6.2; new downloads are available at www.toneboosters.com. Changes in ToneBoosters v2.6.2 All plugins: Audio … read more
ToneBoosters has released ReelBus, an analog tape simulation plugin carefully modeled after legendary Japanese and Swiss reel-to-reel recorders. TB ReelBus is an analog tape recording simulator that aims at accurate simulation of all properties related … read more
ToneBoosters has updated its audio processing effect plugins for Windows and Mac to version 2.5, including the release of TB OmniSone. TB OmniSone is a zero-latency VST plugin to (re-)pan sound sources, even outside the … read more
Toneboosters has updated its VST audio processing plugins to version 2.4. Changes in v2.4 All plugins – Many improvements in resource management and GUI updates. EZQ Fixed bug to open web page twice when clicking … read more
ToneBoosters has updated its effect plug-ins to version 2.3. ToneBoosters was founded in 2010 and aims at the development of high-quality and affordable VST audio processing plugins. ToneBoosters represents a spare-time activity of its founder, … read more
ToneBoosters has announced the release of TB EZQ, a simple, intuitive and effective audio equalizer with adjective labels that optimizes ease of use and workflow. TB EZQ is a zero-latency, VST implementation of the work … read more
Toneboosters has released TB Module, a modulation effect processor plug-in for Windows and Mac. TB Module is a generic framework for a wide variety feedback and modulation effects. It consists of a set of serialized … read more