, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 03, 2013
SampleTekk has announced a sale on its Organ libraries, offering a 60% discount for 2 days only.
Organ Special Sale
- ST Tonewheel —Welcome to the Tonewheel experience – The Draw-Bar is open! If this organ was a date, it wouldn’t be the one you presented to your mother – this is the one you would PARTY with! It’s only rock’n’roll but I’ll think you’ll like it.
- Pump Organ — The Pump Organ. A small organ where air is pumped using your feet. Common in small chapels and schools 40-50 years ago. A small, simple organ with tons of charm! Nothing you would play the Toccata on, but try some Tom Waits songs!
- PMI Positif — A small positif organ, chramitically sampled with release samples. 5 registrations: flute, holpipe, quint, flute and holpipe and tutti.
- PMI Baroque Organ — A complete church organ for your computer! The first organ library with every single stop chromatically sampled as well as the most useful combinations. All individual stops and all useful combinations of stops have been sampled which makes it possible to play every possible combination of stops with one single library, all from one computer. PMI Giga Organ brings you a stunning replica of a beautiful church organ.
- PMI Accordions — Post Accordions is the largest and most versatile collection of Accordion samples ever sampled.
The sale ends September 4th, 2013.
More information: SampleTekk
Bob Leggitt has released Classic-H and Skanksta, two free virtual organ instruments for Windows.
The Classic-H provides the essence of an old tonewheel organ within the VST environment. This VSTi captures the distinctive personality of a classic Hammond/Leslie combination, as well as simulating twin manual operation across a single MIDI keyboard, using a variable key-split function.
Thirty extremely cool presets provide a jumping-off point for almost every type of music, from the ‘Full Throb’ of old time soul to the screaming distortion of Deep Purple-type rock. It does gobble CPU, but it has the sounds, and it doesn’t cost a penny.
The Skanksta is a ska-orientated VST organ, designed to produce a light and bright sound which will fit in well with quite a number of quirky and/or rhythmic music styles.
It’s essentially a Vox Continental II with animation provided by a rotary speaker rather than a vibrato unit, and selectable key-splitting to simulate two manuals across a single MIDI keyboard. The key-splitting is particularly important for reggae-derived styles, where the left hand part will typically contrast sharply in tone with the right hand.
Classic-H and Skanksta are available to download as freeware VST instrument plugins for Windows.
More information: Classic-H / FreeST Skanksta
, Hakan Türközü
, samples and sound libraries
, Uwe Kinast
Posted in news
on Dec 02, 2011
Ueberschall Funky Tonewheels is a new sample library featuring organ sounds by Uwe Kinast and Hakan Türközü.
A dirty-played old tube Hammond Organ slightly overdriven, is the perfect spice for any production where an authentic organ is needed. This loop library contains soloistic played organ licks, many funky rhythm grooves and various chord- and bass grooves. Even unusual and mad played styles found their place in this soundbank.
The whole spectrum of Hammond playing techniques is available: From single lines to shearing styles, from drawbar changing loops to varied Leslie speaker‘s speed and much more.
19 Tonewheel-kits offer you a great opportunity to get inspired by lots of phrases, licks and harmonies.
For this recording, a Hammond Organ C3 and its Leslie 147 was microphoned with 3 Neumann Mics (Treble Rotator 2 Mics , Woofer Rotator 1 Mic) using RME Micstasy Hi End A/D converter.
The sound library comes along with the brand new Elastik 2 loop player for realtime timestretching and pitchshifting, among other great features.
Funky Tonewheels for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone) is available for 49 EUR.
More information: Ueberschall / Funky Tonewheels
Bob Leggit wrote in to share the news about his FreeST Organ series of free virtual organ instruments for Windows.
I need to make clear first of all (what with this site having such a high spoof content), that these are genuine free VST instruments.
Virtual organs for musicians who create and record using a VST host and are looking for some retro keyboard sounds. As I write this they’re brand new and not available elsewhere. I plan to add more in the near future, so if you’re interested, please keep an eye on this page.
FreeST Organ plugins
- VSTX3 – Korg CX3-style analogue tonewheel simulator with added ‘outboard’ rotary & chorus.
- The Nash – late ’70s / early ’80s-style home organ with drawbars and effects.
- Rawgan – versatile combo organ / analogue synth hybrid with assignable drawbar tones.
- VSTV1 – basic ’60s organ.
The FreeST Organ plugins for Windows (VST) are available as freeware.
More information: Bob Leggit
Yonac has released version 1.1 of Organ+, a virtual organ app for iOS.
Organ+ comes with 7 different organ engines that faithfully recreate the sounds of celebrated transistor and tonewheel organs. The sweet FX stack –with dual chorus/vibrato, vintage-y reverb, overdrive and more– lets you create ample variation, and hone in on *that* sound. Organ+’s two manuals are individually adjustable with 9 drawbars each, giving you distinct tones that improve phrasing and effect. You can even set organ key clicks and “percussion”!
Changes in Organ+ v1.1
- Added USB Midi support for M-Audio KeyStudio 25, and related Midi controllers.
- Fixed the “dead key” bug.
- Vastly improved response, and reduced latency to near 0.
- Graceful handling of app session interruptions.
- A more robust audio output engine.
Organ+ is available to purchase from the iTunes App Store for $2.99 USD.
More information: Yonac Software