Paracosm has launched Polymer, a MIDI utility which translates MIDI streams from input devices to output devices.
Polymer lets you play your monophonic synths together, like they’re all part of some giant mutant polysynth. And it operates via plain old MIDI, so it’s compatible with almost anything — modulars, samplers, even virtual instruments.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg: alternate notes between different synths in monophonic sequences, layer pads and leads to create songs without leaving the keyboard, or experiment with the outer limits of modular paraphony.
- Control up to 32 MIDI channels simultaneously, for 32-voice polyphony.
- MIDI Merge between unlimited MIDI input channels.
- Velocity, Pitch Bend, and Mod Wheel data are transmitted automatically.
- Two Algorithms for voice allocation — Static starts at the same voice each time, while Cycle alternates in round-robin fashion.
- Forward, Backward, and Random Direction options for choosing the next voice.
- Supports Voice Stealing, allowing for continuous play regardless of available voices.
- Currently limited to one voice per MIDI channel, even for polyphonic synths.
The app is available for purchase for $19.99 USD. Requires 64-bit Mac with OSX 10.7 or greater.
More information: Polymer
Bartlomiej Niemtur has announced EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument), a trumpet practice app for your phone.
Struck by inspiration but got nothing to play on? Ever wanted to practice fingerings, but couldn’t?
Imagine what would it be to carry an instrument with you, ready to play anytime, anywhere. A tool that is practical, comfortable and fun.
Enter EVI app, an Electronic Valve Instrument, modeled after a real-world trumpet and adapted to your phone.
- Focuses on simplicity and usability.
- Big buttons, play even without looking at the screen.
- Valves placement and behaviour just like in the real trumpet.
- Practical, play any trumpet note, anytime, anywhere.
- Modern design, friendly interface, intuitive animations.
- Uses a simple, universal synth sound..
- No blowing into the microphone; use buttons instead. Three additional buttons correspond to blowing and embouchure changes, they’re easy to reach and provide a more comfortable experience.
The EVI app is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $1.99 USD.
More information: EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument)
Forward Audio has announced the release of fa SampleDelay, a simple but powerful effect plugin for applying signal delays.
It’s main purpose is to solve time difference problems occuring in multi microphone setups and furthermore reduce horrible sounding comb filter effects (often called phase issues).
Nevertheless, you can also apply interesting haas delay effects, compensate plugin latencies introduced by other plugins or intentionally create comb filter effects to create colorful filter textures.
fa SampleDelay features
- Sample accurate time delays (0 – 100.000 Samples).
- A/B comparisons.
- Input delays in 4 different units.
- Completly flexible control range of the Delay Knob.
- Unique flexible user interface.
fa SampleDelay is available to download for Windows (VST). VST/AU for Mac is currently in development.
More information: Forward Audio
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of Summer Bundle 1, a limited time offer on its Push/VST integration packs.
For a limited time only, get over 40% off on our full range of Push/VST integration packs to date.
Over 20,000 fully configured racks which will allow you instantly to:
- Browse and load VST factory presets from Push as with Ableton’s own instruments.
- Control and automate the knobs and sliders on the VSTs using Push’s encoders.
- Unlock Push’s full capacity for VSTs (step sequencer, exotic scales, etc.
The VSTs covered in this bundle are as follows:
- Arturia V Collection (10 synths).
The Summer Bundle 1 is available for purchase for 39.99 GBP. Integration packs for u-he’s Zebra and Zebralette are available as free downloads.
More information: Crafted Sound / Summer Bundle 1
zplane.development has released version 3.2.0 of PPMulator, a peak programme meter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Changes in PPMulator v3.2.0 features
- Ability to customize the loudness meter (e.g. ranges and colours).
- Admin mode with password protection for the preference panel.
- Switchable, second range for true-peak scale (-48 dbTP .. +3 dbTP).
- Several bug fixes.
PPMulator is available for purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulatorXL). The update is free for all existing customers and can be downloaded from the user accounts.
More information: zplane / PPMulator
Iced Audio has released version 5.6.0 of AudioFinder, its audio library and production base station for Mac OS X.
AudioFinder can build a catalog of every sound on your system, save it, and search it instantly to find the sounds you need when you need them. Use AudioFinder to create custom sets for sound categories and specific projects, with fast file browsing to audition, analyze, process, convert, and move or copy the samples in your library.
Changes in AudioFinder v5.6.0
- Fully supports 10.9.
- 64-Bit only.
- Internal modernization of code to latest development kits.
- New flat design skin.
- Bug fixes.
AudioFinder is available for purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Iced Audio
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the integration pack for Ableton Push and Nexus2, the virtual instrument by reFX.
The Mabelton Audio Integration Packs offer an instant way to solve a significant problem – popular third party VSTs cannot be used from Push in the same way as Ableton’s instruments can. So if you own Sylenth, DIVA, Zebra, the Arturia V Collection or Alchemy, this might interest you (more VSTs being added regularly – please check back).
Nexus 2 Push Integration Pack features
- Find ReFX Nexus2 and all its factory presets inside your Push menu.
- Browse through all 1,028 of the factory presets from Push’s screen.
- Load up any of the presets from Push.
- Control the main knobs and sliders on Nexus2 using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function).
- Use Push features seamlessly with Nexus2, including step sequencer, in scale mode, etc.
The integration pack for Ableton Push and ReFX Nexus2 is available for purchase for £9.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound / Push & Nexus2 integration pack