Feelyoursound has released version 1.2.0 of Sundog Scale Studio, which features better chord progression support for the MIDI composition software for Windows and Mac.
Get rid of writer’s block once and for all. Experiment with new scales, harmonies, and melodies easily.
Use Sundog to play around with chords and basenotes like a breeze. Go from calm, smooth, chill out styles to energetic upbeat tunes in a matter of seconds. Promised.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.2.0
- Completely new Chords View.
- Create chord progressions with triads, four note chords, and powerchords.
- Better detection of roman numerals.
- Chord progression export as MIDI file – also via drag and drop.
- Trigger triads and four note chords with a MIDI keyboard or computer keyboard.
- New shortcuts for common tasks in the “Tools” menu:
- “Follow the chords on this channel”: The current instrument will play back the new chord instantly as soon as a chord change happens.
- “Follow the chord notes on this channel”: The current instrument will follow the chord progression by applying the current step sequencer pattern to the active chord notes (this is the same as setting the mode to “Chord Notes”, setting the pattern to “Off”, and recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take).
- “Fill channel with basic sequence”: This is the same as recording the base note without any additional movements for one full take. The current mode will be used.
- New instrument mode “Full Chords+”: The same as “Full Chords”, but with an additional note one octave below the chord root note.
- Working update checker.
Sundog Scale Studio for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac.
We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual Guitarist 2 compatibility with 32 Lives! This version also includes GUI compatibility fixes and other improvements.
The update is free to download for 32 Lives users. A new trial version is available for download as well.
Sound Radix has also announced AAX AudioSuite compatibility for Auto-Align and SurferEQ.
You’ve asked for it and we’re happy to comply – Auto-Align and SurferEQ are now AAX AudioSuite compatible. Need to print the tracks for your shamelessly un-radical mixing engineer or archive your project? No problem. Just copy+paste your setting from the real time plug-in and hit the Render button. If you haven’t done so already, please visit your user area to download the latest installers.
We currently recommend our AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools 11.x only. Please use the RTAS versions for Pro Tools 10.3.x and earlier.
Furthermore, Sound Radix is offering three 32 Lives bundle offers.
We’ve teamed up with Blue Cat Audio, LennarDigital and GSi to offer you these great value bundles. Check them out! Offer is available for bundle purchases only.
32 Lives Bundles
- Blue Cat Audio Patchwork + 32 Lives Bundle – $129 USD (reg. $178) — Create full racks of effects and instruments, mix & match 32 and 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins such as Sylenth1 and RogerLinn’s AdrenaLinn Sync in your 64-bit DAW, including Pro Tools 11!
- LennarDigital Sylenth1 + 32 Lives Bundle – 159 EUR (reg. 212 EUR) — LennarDigital Sylenth1. The synth and the legend you’ve heard on countless #1 chart-toppers. Buy it now with 32 Lives and get the 2.0 update Free of charge!
- GSi Instrument + 32 Lives Bundle $125 USD (reg. $166) — Whether it’s the ultimate Tonewheel organ emulation VB3, or down to the tine noise modeling of electro-mechanical classics such as MrRay MkII, EG70 or the funky ZD6, we’ve got you covered.
More information: Sound Radix
Posted in news
on Aug 15, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a Flash Friday Sale on Liquid Notes, the intelligent songwriting assistant software by Re-Compose.
Have a piece analyzed harmonically, at any stage of the composition process. And then rearrange it by substituting chords, altering their function, adding tension, building chord progressions, playing melody lines, improvising, and more. Altogether, this kind of sophisticated deep-level variation and diversification will definitely boost the effect of your music.
Liquid Notes features
- Multi-track control over chord types, functions, and tensions.
- Intelligent harmony progression management.
- LN Live corrects wrong notes as you are playing them.
- Growing selection of music templates in various styles.
- Plays through the software instruments of your preferred sequencer.
- Built-in synthesizers for sequencer-independent operation.
- Standalone application (stay independent from operating system and sequencer type): No VST, AU or RTAS required.
- Works on Windows and Mac OS X.
- Connects to any sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Live **, Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.).
- Supports live performance.
Liquid Notes for Windows and Mac is available from Plugin Boutique at a 60% discount until August 18th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Liquid Notes
, audio editor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 08, 2014 - 0 comments
iZotope announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, a new version of the audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
iZotope’s Emmy Award-winning RX software is the most robust and best-sounding audio repair toolkit on the market. Musicians, audio engineers, and post production professionals all use RX to transform noisy, distorted, or flawed audio into pristine material.
Launching this September, the new RX 4 is the ultimate companion to your DAW or NLE. Speed up your workflow with intelligent new modules, time-saving new features, and deeper levels of integration with your host.
New in RX4
- Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with this new non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline your process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts.
For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, the Advanced version of RX 4 boasts additional time-saving features.
New in RX4 Advanced
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of your mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced will be available September, 2014. Customers who purchase RX 3 or RX 3 Advanced will receive a free upgrade to RX 4 or RX4 Advanced upon release. All previous RX customers will be eligible for special upgrade pricing upon release.
More information: iZotope
Mystery Islands has released version 2.0.3 of the JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in, a MIDI & SysEx AU/VSTi editor-librarian plug-in for Windows and Mac.
You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 by the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins? Now it’s possible with our Editor-Librarian plug-in that allows you to get your Hardware connected into your DAW. JP-80×0 will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your JP-8000 / JP-8080 automatically once you open your project.
Changes in JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in v2.0.3
- Saving patches in librarian now appears in pathces list.
- Saving performances in librarian now appears in performances list.
- When librarian edit mode is on, user is not able to flip between patch & performance files.
- Librarian now supports SysEx files (*.syx). Users can now freely copy their SysEx files to patches folder and view them thru the librarian.
- Demo installer now includes Mystery Islands Always Alive, Massive EDM, Alan Marcero Trance presets and Gokosouls Quarantine soundset demos.
- Saving performances now works as expected.
- After user saves or discards data from librarian, patch & performance lists will initialize to original state.
The plug-in is available for purchase for 65 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Librarian plug-in
Forward Audio has launched fa FractionalDelay, a free phase alignment and time manipulation effect plug-in for Windows.
It uses an oversampling and interpolation algorithm to apply signal delays with a precision of 0.000001 Samples. With this possibillity it does phase aligments between microphone signals even with varying microphone or sound source distances during the recording. It gives you the ability to improve your postproduction of live/studio recordings when moving musicians or microphones can complicate phase relations. In that case, use your DAW automation to smoothly fade between single delay amounts.
Nevertheless, with a correct DAW routing and multiple instances of fa FractionalDelay, you can also apply stereo effects like moving haas delays, create colorful filter textures like a moving comb filter (similar to a really slow phaser effect) or do manual artifical double tracking with varying delays.
fa FractionDelay features
- Signal delaying with a precision of 0.000001 Samples (Maximum of 100,000 Samples).
- Phase alignment of varying microphone distances via DAW automation.
- Oversampling with 2x-8x.
- A/B comparisons.
- Enter delay values in samples, ms, meter & foot.
- Editable Min-Max-Values of the Delayknob.
- Unique flexible user interface.
- Available as VST 2 for Windows (VST/AU for Mac currently in development).
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST), as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: Forward Audio / FractionalDelay
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the Ultra Analog VA-2 / Ableton Push integration pack.
This is the instant way to use Appled Acoustics’ Ultra Analog VST Plug In properly from inside Push.
The Ultra Analog Integration Pack will allow you to:
- Find Ultra Analog and all its factory presets inside your Push menu.
- Browse through the 700+ factory presets from Push’s screen in their categories (Ambient, ARP, Bass, Effect, Keys, Lead, Orchestral, Organ, Pad, Percussive, Polysynth, Signature- Richard Devine, Voice).
- Load up any of the presets from Push.
- Control the knobs and sliders on Ultra Analog using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function).
- Unlock Push’s step sequencer, in key and exotic scales functions for all the Ultra Analog presets.
The pack is available for purchase for £6.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound / Ultra Analog VA-2 integration pack