feelyoursound has released version 1.10 of Sundog Scale Studio, a MIDI composition software for Windows.
Sundog can be used to create whole songs from scratch by supporting the composition workflow in a musical way:
- Choose a scale and a base note (e.g. E Minor).
- Find a chord progression by clicking chords buttons with your mouse.
- Create melodies, basslines, and arpeggios by binding rhythmic note patterns to either the active chords or the current scale.
The note output happens live via MIDI.
Changes in Sundog Scale Studio v1.10
- MIDI file export: Full song.
- MIDI file export: Current track.
- MIDI file export via drag and drop.
- Solo mode for tracks.
- New hotkeys: S = Solo, M = Mute.
- Chords view: Play most important chords via keyboard.
- Chords view: Change positions with arrow keys.
- Chords view: Trigger playback with space bar.
- Display note names in all rubberboxes.
- Update checker.
- Small bug fixes.
Sundog Scale Studio is available for Windows, priced at $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: feelyoursound / Sundog Scale Studio
AudioEffects.com has announced Dereverberationizer, a software application for removing excess reverb, has enabled scientists to listen to the sound of the Big Bang at the dawn of time.
Published by The Sound Guy, Inc., Dereverberationizer removes any amount of reverberation, no matter how extreme. The program was originally designed for various common, everyday uses, such as removing reverb from lectures or concerts. However, CEO Earl Vickers stated, “We’re continually surprised by all the new ways people use the software. For example, in Switzerland, Dereverberationizer has helped improve the intelligibility of messages conveyed across the Alps via yodeling.”
Most significantly, scientists have recently used Dereverberationizer to listen to the sound of the Big Bang for the first time, free from the distortion that occurred as the cosmic background radiation reverberated throughout all of time and space. This discovery not only helps confirm the existence of gravitational waves, as predicted by Einstein’s theory of General Relativity, but it also provides direct, audible evidence of what happened in the first fraction of a second after the singularity.
As the video clearly shows, Dereverberationizer is the ultimate dereverberationizing software. However, if you decide to purchase Zynaptiq’s UNVEIL instead, you can get an additional discount off the already discounted price by using coupon code UNVEIL41 at https://secure.avangate.com/order/checkout.php?PRODS=4580618&QTY=1&CART=1&CARD=1. This offer is valid only on April 1, 2014.
More information: AudioEffects.com / Dereverberationizer
Avid has released VENUE Version 4.1.3 software, a free download for the Avid S3L live sound system that doubles the system’s on-board plug-in slots—from 20 to 40—to provide engineers with even more processing options than before.
VENUE 4.1.3 also offers support for the latest qualified AAX live sound plug-ins. Avid S3L users can now choose from a superior range of Avid and third-party plug-ins from some of the world’s most respected developers such as Crane Song, McDSP and Sonnox. As part of the update, current and new S3L customers can download additional free AAX plug-ins for their system through their Avid customer account.
To meet the growing demand for more powerful, flexible processing, Avid S3L runs AAX plug-ins directly on an HDX-powered processing engine. It delivers the tightest integration and lowest latency of any live plug-in system, without the expense and complexity of outboard solutions. By supporting industry-standard Pro Tools® plug-ins, Avid live systems enable engineers to select the best plug-ins to suit their needs.
The VENUE v4.1.3 software upgrade is available to download for Avid S3L customers now, free of charge.
More information: Avid
Sample Magic has released version 1.2 of its Magic AB referencing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Magic AB is a simple, powerful reference tool that allows you to switch between the audio you are working on and up to nine tracks in an instant.
The update fixes several issues, including mp3 loading on Windows, and it future-proofs against potential problems that may arise when updating the host DAW, with specific improvements for Logic, Cubase, Wavelab and more.
Sample Magic recommends that all customers update to V1.1.2 by logging into the MY PLUGINS members area at www.samplemagic.com and downloading the most recent version of Magic AB.
To check which version you are running, click on the PREFS tab on the lower part of the plugin. The waveform display will change to show you the version number.
Changes in Magic AB v1.2
- Fixed mp3 loading failure > PC: On previous versions, occasional mp3s failed to load due to third party tagging. Magic AB now loads all mp3 files, including Beatport and iTunes files.
- GUI fixes > Mac: Static GUI window in Cubase 7.5 and Wavelab 8 now works as it should when running in 32-bit.
- Mac validation > Mac: AU validation failed in previous version under Mavericks OS. The AU now passes validation in Mavericks.
Magic AB for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for £29.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Magic AB
Auganizer is a software that allows renaming and organizing of your AudioUnit plug-ins.
Since the day Apple moved to the Audiounit format users have been forced to view an illogical list of manufacturers and developers names when trying to access their plugins.
Now you can organise and view your Audiounits the way you desire in Logic, Ableton and Garageband.
- Rename – You can now change the developer/manufacturer name and use a much more logical workflow orientated layout, including multi layers with sub folders.
- Coverflow – With a click of a button coverflow will load up the plugins GUI’s so you can be easily reminded exactly what each plugin is and where it should be categorized.
- Familiar interface – You can rename and edit the plugins one by one, and you can batch edit the categories at once by click and highlighting multiple plugins.
- Non Destructive – Auganizer doesn’t modify or change your plugins in any way.
- Multi App & OS Support – Auganizer supports OSX 10.6 upwards to and including 10.9 Mavericks. It works with Logic 7, 8, 9 and X, as well as Ableton and Garageband and supports both 32bit and 64bit plugins.
- Backup – The app supports backing up of all your settings and changes, including import and export (useful for multi users), single button reverse, the ability to re-apply your updates to plugins you have removed then re-added or updated.
Auganizer for Mac is available to purchase for $34.99 USD.
More information: Auganizer
batZode has announced Blowfinger, an app that turns any iPad into a breath or wind controller.
Musicians blow across an iPhone mic – or any other mic – and the wind noise is converted into a MIDI continuous controller. The instrument can send notes from the onscreen keyboard or woodwind touch keys (which use a very simple and intuitive fingering system). Or it can just function as a MIDI breath controller.
“We designed this app to take the place of expensive, inferior hardware breath controllers,” programmer Stephan Podell says. “It’s also a fantastic auxiliary controller for playing MIDI instruments.”
- Blowfinger Keyboard mode
- Velocity-sensitive keyboard allows you to glide between notes in a way not possible on a regular keyboard, making this an excellent musical performance addition to any set-up.
- Use the eight utility pads with user text labels to send program changes or keyswitches. Or use them to play drums and percussion – they’re velocity-sensitive.
- The XY pad offers additional expressive control in both axes, and it can be set to snap back to zero, to the center, or stay where you release it. Choose which MIDI controller is sent in each direction.
- Transpose octaves up or down with one tap (either or both keyboard manuals).
- Blowfinger Wind mode
- Simplified fingerings based on recorder or Boehm system allow anyone who’s ever played a wind instrument to pick up Blowfinger right away. You switch octaves with your left thumb, so once you know one octave you know them all.
- One size fits all. The keys and the thumb pads can be resized, moved, and stretched all over the screen. Play the instrument on your lap or perhaps a desk in front of you, or move the pads to the sides and hold the iPad up to your belly.
- XY right thumb pad. This has the same features as the one in Keyboard Mode, with your choice of snap back behavior and MIDI controllers.
- General features
- Blowfinger can work as a breath controller without sending notes; in Breath-only mode, blow without fingering and it sends a MIDI controller.
- Simultaneous support for Network MIDI over Wi-Fi, hardware MIDI, and inter-application MIDI to control synths running on the same iPad. Also supports rpMIDI for wireless MIDI on Windows.
- While it feels great right away, you can personalize the breath response to suit your preference and also to adjust for noisy environments.
- Global transposition so you can play in the key of Cb without getting angry.
Blowfinger is available to purchase for $17.99 USD.
More information: batZode
Dynaudio Professional has introduced a new AIR Control application for Mac and PC, allowing users to carry out advanced calibration and alignment of their AIR monitoring system.
The software provides access to advanced tools and features inside AIR monitors and subwoofers including timing and SPL calibration and parametric EQs for each monitor. Air Control allows users to define and store custom setups and presets with selective parameter locking, and a special measurement mode provides EQ line signal out from selected monitors.
“AIR Control will be available as a free download, and we are very excited to offer our current and future AIR users the advantages of this intuitive software that easily and intuitively unlocks all the power of their AIR monitor systems.” says Fred Speckeen, Global Business Manager for Dynaudio Professional. “AIR systems are an industry standard, and have been so for over a decade. It is chosen by ear by the world-leading film, music and broadcast production studios, and AIR Control is designed to meet their accelerating project and workflow demands where minutely accurate adjustments and configurations must be easily made, saved and quickly recalled.”
AIR Control replaces Dynaudio Professional’s original ‘TC PC-IP’ installer software that was developed for professional installers. The new AIR Control application design is easier to use and an even more efficient way to fine-tune a complete, digital AIR monitoring system. The new AIR Control runs on Mac, PC and Windows-based tablets.
AIR Control will be available free of charge June 2014.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / AIR Control
Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: Faber Acoustical / RoomScope