Fabrizio Poce of June74 Software has released J74 Progressive, a toolset for chord progression making and harmonic editing in Ableton Live and Max for Live.
The Chord Progression Editor with chord progression matrix and arpeggio editor, Analyzer and Harmonizer tools.
While very well equipped for the actual performance, Ableton Live does not provide any specific harmonic editing capabilities: you cannot ask Live to suggest a chord, if your are building a progression or if you imported a clip you do not have a tool to find out which scale that clip is in. Actually you do not have any notion of chord or scale in your material while editing in Live MIDI editor.
The J74 Progressive toolset targets exactly these topics. Progressive is a sophisticated tool for harmonic editing. It is capable of producing high quality chord progressions and arpeggios directly as MIDI clips and provides tools for scale and chord detection as well as MIDI clip harmonization.
Progressive is available to purchase for $12 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 or higher, with Max for Live.
More information: Fabrizio Poce / J74 Progressive
Spektro Audio has introduced the CV Toolkit, a software application for sending CV signals.
CV Toolkit is a standalone application for both Mac and PC that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s module.
The 1.0 version ships with 13 virtual modules that offer different modulation options such as LFO, sequencer, envelope generators, etc.
You can route the output of any of any module to analog outputs, analyzers (LED / Oscilloscope) or even to the input of certain modules (S&H / Biased Switcher / Slew).
CV Toolkit features
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Hands-on Experience – control all parameters from you iPad using the Lemur app (native OSC integration).
- Routing Matrix – route signals.
- ScanGraph – a new concept of modulation.
- Biased Switcher – let the program flip a coin and decide how it’s inputs will flow.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer.
- MIDI In / Out.
- Works on both Mac and PC.
- 64-bit application.
- Clean and simple interface.
- Save and recall patches.
CV Toolkit is available to purchase for the introductory price of $14.99 USD (regular $19.99 USD).
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Waves has launched WLM Plus Loudness Meter, a plugin that provides precision loudness measurement, metering, correction and adjustment tools for broadcast, movie trailers, games, packaged media and more.
Fully compliant with all current ITU, EBU and ATSC specifications, the WLM Plus offers comprehensive Momentary, Short Term, Long Term and True Peak readouts, as well as a unique warning and logging system that keeps track of your levels, alerting you when you’ve exceeded them – or fallen short.
WLM Plus also features Gain and Trim controls for correction of loudness levels and a True Peak Limiter, which save you the need to utilize additional equipment or software. Ideal for content creators, post production houses and cable head-end facilities, WLM Plus is an affordable, all-in-one cross-platform, multi-format loudness metering software solution.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter features
- ITU 1770-3, EBU and ATSC compliant.
- Foreground, dialog, and average loudness measurements.
- Momentary, Short Term and Long Term readouts.
- Gain and Trim controls for loudness normalization and correction.
- True Peak meter and True Peak limiter.
- Mono, stereo, and 5.0, 5.1 components.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter is available to purchase for $400 USD (Native) / $600 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / WLM Plus Loudness Meter
Sound Radix has announced the release of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter.
32 Lives is a new application, capable of generating 64-bit Audio Units versions of your loved and hard-earned 32-bit legacy plug-ins, helping you to cross over to the new Logic Pro X smoothly and transparently.
Older Logic 9 sessions will completely load into Logic Pro X, including all presets, parameters and automation. No special re-wiring or routing is required. All your 32-bit only plug-ins will again re-appear in the plug-ins menu as they always did.
32 Lives features
- Creates 64-bit adapter plug-ins for your 32-bit only Audio Units plug-ins.
- Transparently loads your legacy TC PowerCore, Abbey Road, URS and other plug-ins into Logic Pro X and other 64-bit Audio Units compatible DAW’s.
- Fully compatible with older sessions, loads all presets, parameters and automation.
- Ultra-low latency and high CPU efficiency.
- GUI workflow is transparent and doesn’t require additional clicks and windows.
- Compatible with Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, Final Cut Pro X, Garageband X, Live 9, Digital Performer 8, Studio One 2, Audition CC, and Tracktion 4.
- Compatible with OS X Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
32 Lives for Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Sound Radix / 32 Lives
John Shield has launched version 1.4 of WDM ASIO Link Driver, with new multi-client support which allows use from more than one application.
This driver allows you to host your real ASIO driver and add windows audio with no additional latency. It allows you to use your ASIO driver from more than one application with the inbuilt multi-client support, and you can even send ASIO audio over the network.
It was designed initally for me to be able to listen to and record music from WDM (windows) audio into my ASIO host program (DAW) so I could play along with my favourite mp3s!
Changes in WDM ASIO Link Driver v1.4
- Multi-client support allows use from more than one application.
- Route and mix WDM (windows) audio into ASIO inputs for the host program.
- Route and mix WDM audio into ASIO drivers outputs.
- Route and mix ASIO driver output to WDM stereo mix.
- Send and receive up to 8 channels of ASIO audio over the network.
- Control routings and volumes of all mixed channels.
WDM ASIO Link Driver for Windows is available to purchase for $19.95 USD.
More information: WDM ASIO Link Driver
Audiomeals has announced the release of Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design.
Plug-In Channel Strip features eight plug-in modules where you can load any VST effect to design your own VST channel strip, including plug-ins like equalizers, delays, reverbs, distortion, flanger, compressors or any other VST effect from your computer.
Send your mic or instrument input into PCS to design the sound you want while PCS processes the incoming audio through eight plug-In modules.
Plug-In Channel Strip features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Up to 8 plug-ins channel strip.
- Save & Recall options.
- Mono & Stereo Input modes.
- Virtual Instrument module available. Play any virtual instrument through the plug-in channel strip.
- Vocoder module available. Load any virtual instrument to use it as your vocoder sound source, feed the vocoder with your mic input and process the audio through the plug-in channel strip.
- Output recording on WAV-AIFF-SD2-AU formats. Up to 192kHz/32-bits, depending your soundcard.
- Use Plug-In Channel Strip within any DAW or audio editor via Soundflower or JK Pipe (for Protools).
The Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac OS X 10.6 or later is available to purchase for $7 USD / 5 EUR. Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Audiomeals
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Nov 28, 2013
Plugin Boutique has announced a 25% discount on the SamplerRobot Pro sampler instrument, as part of its Partner Focus on Skylife.
SampleRobot 4 Pro is appropriate for music producers and sound designers who are using professional sample instruments for their productions.
With SampleRobot Pro you can easily do automatic sampling of acoustic and electronic instruments. It does not matter what you would like to sample: orchestral instruments, choir, organs, electric guitars, ethnic percussion, adlips, sound scapes, noises, MIDI gear, virtual instruments, alpenhorns or whatever, SampleRobot makes your sampling as fast and as satisfying as possible. SampleRobot samples all sound nuances automatically and creates high-end sampled instruments in various formats.
Seamless integrated WaveRobot software finds perfect loop points even for whole multi-samples with different velocity layers during recording. It was never easier to build professional-sounding software instruments.
SamplerRobot 4 Pro is available to purchase at a 25% discount until December 11th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / SamplerRobot 4 Pro
EZ-Sound has introduced Pattern Display, a big display (540/540 pixels) created for the live performer.
It loads as a Vst instrument and reacts to the incoming velocity (see velocity chart) It is therefore easy to display the number you want at any moment of you song….
The following notes velocities will display the corresponding numbers
Number 1 velocity 1 to 12
Number 2 velocity 13 to 29
Number 3 velocity 30 to 38
Number 4 velocity 39 to 49
Number 5 velocity 50 to 57
Number 6 velocity 58 to 66
Number 7 velocity 67 to 76
Number 8 velocity 77 to 88
Number 9 velocity 89 to 127
The plug-in is a free download for Windows (VST).
More information: EZ-Sound / Pattern Display