IK Multimedia has released version 2.2 of its ARC advanced room correction system, adding 64 bit AAX compatibility.
ARC System 2 (Advanced Room Correction) is the sequel of the first and only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution The latest update to ARC System 2 adds AAX 64-bit compatibilty with Avid Pro Tools 11.
Please note: For compatibilty reasons, this is a mandatory update for T-RackS 4.5 users. ARC 2.2 is the only acoustic correction system that combines a measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to improve the sound reliability and acoustics of your studio in an elegant, low-cost portable solution.
ARC System 2 is available to purchase for 249.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / ARC System 2
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
, loudness war
Posted in news
on Feb 26, 2014 - 0 comments
MeterPlugs has announced that its audio plugins are now compatible with Pro Tools. The plugins, K-Meter and LCAST Loudness Meter, were previously available in Audio Unit and VST 2.4 formats for Mac and Windows. Now users can download AAX versions of the plugins for use with Pro Tools 10.3.6 or greater. The update is free for existing users.
K-Meter and LCAST help you take loudness and true-peak measurements. K-Meter is built around Bob Katz’s K-System, an integrated metering and monitoring system that helps you target commonly used loudness levels in a variety of genres. It stands in opposition to the hyper-compressed recordings of the loudness wars era. Instead of focusing on maximizing peak levels, K-Meter places emphasis on dynamic range and sensible loudness levels.
LCAST helps you ensure that your audio is broadcast-ready. It is aimed at content creators who need to comply with precise loudness and peak level requirements. It includes presets for North American broadcasters (ATSC A/85), European broadcasters (EBU R128) and more. LCAST features a graphical history view of integrated, short-term and momentary loudness levels. You can pan and zoom the view to isolate areas of interest and make comparisons.
Both plugins are available for Mac and Windows in 32/64-bit Audio Unit, VST 2.4 and AAX formats. K-Meter costs $49 USD, LCAST Stereo is $199 USD and LCAST Surround is $399 USD.
More information: MeterPlugs
Plugin Alliance has announced the release of Drumatom, a drum leakage suppression tool for Windows and Mac that reduces the crosstalk captured by microphones when recording drums.
Drumatom is NOT a plugin! It is a stand-alone MAC & PC program and is the world´s first microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings! It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology by ACCUSONUS from Greece.
With this novel software tool every sound engineer can now use compressors, EQs and creative effects in new ways with no limitations. In the hands of sound engineers, drumatom will make genuine drum recordings shine in the mix!
Drumatom for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $399 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance / Drumatom
TC Electronic has announced that RTW’s LQL (Loudness Quality Logger) is also compatible with the TC Electronic TM7 and TM9 TouchMonitors.
LQL is a new tool for logging, true-peak data analysis and reporting, which is a natural extension of the innovative software options available for TouchMonitor.
LQL enables data to be derived directly via an IP-connection from a capable TouchMonitor, as well as from external storage media such as a USB stick. Also included in the software are dual limit weighting, status information, marker and various other reporting features. The new PC software is free of charge, however an LQL license is required to enable TouchMonitors to support data export and additional display functions.
TM7 and TM9 TouchMonitors feature a 7- and 9-inch touch-sensitive display, respectively, and provide unparalleled flexibility and modularity, combined with intuitive control. The software visualizes multiple sources simultaneously. Both support displaying the same signal on multiple instruments in parallel, each with dedicated defaults with both horizontal and vertical operation. TM7 visualizes up to 40 sources at the same time, while the TM9 visualizes up to 48.
Various audio interfaces and combinations are available i.e. analog, AES3, AES3id or 3G-SDI. TC Electronic’s TouchMonitor range was created to help adhere to all major industry loudness standards, including EBU R128, ITU BS.1770-3/1771-1, ATSC A/85 and ARIB.
The TouchMonitor LQL Loudness Quality Logger for Windows is now available to download from TC Electronic.
More information: TC Electronic / Loudness Logging
Toontrack has released version 1.0.4 of its Beatstation sample-based software instrument, and version 2.0.9 of EZmix, the mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple. It is required for Pro Tools 11 compatibility.
Changes in Beatstation v1.0.4
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10.3.5 or above.
- Fixed: When “Drag MIDI as Audio” was enabled, dragging MIDI could lead to a crash if the sample rate was higher than 44.1 kHz.
- Fixed: Beatstation could freeze when the Swing knob was rotated.
- Fixed: In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
- Fixed: Non-functional sound libraries should no longer be listed as available.
Beatstation is available to purchase for 99 EUR / $129 USD.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple.
Note that version 2.0.9 is required for the support of EZmix packs released from this point forward (2014).
The following is a summary of changes that occurred in the last 6 months spawning several releases.
Changes in EZmix v2.0.9
- Optimized CPU usage for presets that use an Octaver effect.
- Fixed: In Audio Setup in the standalone on Mac, some audio device names were truncated.
- Fixed: When using Save As in the 64-bit standalone host on Mac OS 10.7 or newer, there were sometimes double dialogs asking if an existing file should be overwritten.
- Fixed: The file name pattern is now correctly displayed as “*.ezmp” in the Save As dialog in the standalone (previous versions had it as “*ezmp”).
- Fixed: Loading EZmix in GarageBand X should now use the same location for user preferences and favorites as when it was loaded in other hosts.
- Fixed: Small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
- [v2.0.8] Fixed: The level could be totally silent or distorted with certain presets on Mac PPC when using some effects introduced in version 2.0.7.
- [v2.0.7] Fixed: The AAX should no longer crash on Windows if ProTools has used more than 2GB and a second instance is added to the project.
- [v2.0.7] Fixed: In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Changing “Report Latency to Host” now does a fade-out and a fade-in for a better experience.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: “Pan” should no longer be listed more than once in some shape control descriptions or tooltips.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Text that should have been bold was not bold on Windows, for example the browser headers.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: In the Create Account dialog, the country text field has been replaced by a dropdown menu.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
EZmix 2 is available to purchase for 139 EUR / $179 USD.
More information: Toontrack
Feelyoursound has released Sundog Scale Studio, a new composition tool for electronic musicians that want to create great songs faster.
The standalone software connects to other DAWs and hardware instruments via MIDI and sends note commands to trigger chords and melodies.
The main focus of Sundog lies on writing harmonic songs from scratch without having to worry about music theory.
Sundog Scale Studio features
- Create harmonic melodies and arpeggios easily.
- Experiment with new scales and basenotes.
- Over 300 scales are available out of the box to experiment with new moods and harmonies.
- Find all fitting chords for a given scale.
- Convert MIDI note input (white keys) to scale notes.
- Cure writer’s block by experimenting with new harmonies.
- Output: Standard MIDI note data.
- Input: MIDI notes, computer keys, mouse.
- Buy once, get updates forever.
Sundog for Windows is available to purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR.
More information: Feelyoursound / Sundog
Spektro Audio has announced the release of a version 1.1 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version, an application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s module.
The update includes two new virtual modules (MIDI to CV and CV Quantizer), native Smux support (Mac only), and many different improvements to the “Scangraph”, “Envelope” and “Step Sequencer” virtual modules.
Changes in CV Toolkit v1.1
- New “MIDI to CV” module with auto-calibration and transpose. Calibrate your VCOs and play them in tune!
- New “CV Quantizer” module – Quantize signals coming from other virtual modules to a specific Scale (Chromatic, Major, Minor, Minor Harmonic or Blues) and note range.
- ScanGraph improvements:
- ‘Rand’ button – Generates a random graph.
- Snap breakpoints to the grid by holding down the “S” key.
- Use these two new features together in order to generate random graphs with all breakpoints snapped to the grid.
- Envelope improvements:
- ‘Rand’ button – Generates a random graph
- Step Sequencer improvements:
- Velocity Layer – The velocity layer can be used to control the gain of the AD envelopes for each of the steps. You can also turn a step off by setting it’s velocity to zero.
- Shift the sequence by pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- “Rand”, “Clear”, and shifting operations can be applied to the Velocity layer by holding down the “V” key.
- Adjustable number of steps (Min: 4 / Max: 16).
- New option for changing the output signal from Bi-Polar to Positive-only (available on the Options window).
- New option for disabling triggers generated by the Sequencer (available on the Options window).
- Native SMUX support (Mac only) – You can now use CV Toolkit together with an Expert Sleepers ES–3 module at higher sample rates (above 48kHz).
- The GATE outlet was removed from the Routing Matrix for a better user experience. You can still output gates through the Mix module. We’ve also added an option for swapping the TRIGGER outlet on the Routing Matrix for a GATE outlet.
- New option for disabling the transmission of LEDs to the Lemur for a smoother integration (available on the Options window).
- The Trim dial is now called “Output Trim” and it has been moved to the Options window. It’s value will now be stored as a global settings and will be automatically recalled every time you open the program.
- You can now hold down the “G” key to activate guidelines on the Routing Matrix.
- Lemur template updated.
- Many misc / minor bug fixes.
The application is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit – Standalone Version
ToneBooster has announced the release of TB-Dither, a quantization and noise shaping plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB-Dither allows the design of your own noise shaping curve – as easy as working with an EQ.
TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping.
TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Supports industry-standard RPDF and TPDF dithering noise.
- Unrivalled flexibility to shape dithering and quantization noise.
- Suports any bith depth between 8 and 24 bits.
- Dedicated modes to listen to quantization noise only.
- Advanced noise-shaping overload protection algorithm.
TB-Dither for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated it’s plug-in line to version 3.0.3.
Changes in v3.0.3
- All plugins
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in Wavelab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inresponsiveness of Module.
- Added ‘legacy’ saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.
More information: ToneBoosters