Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the integration pack for Ableton Push and Nexus2, the virtual instrument by reFX.
The Mabelton Audio Integration Packs offer an instant way to solve a significant problem – popular third party VSTs cannot be used from Push in the same way as Ableton’s instruments can. So if you own Sylenth, DIVA, Zebra, the Arturia V Collection or Alchemy, this might interest you (more VSTs being added regularly – please check back).
Nexus 2 Push Integration Pack features
- Find ReFX Nexus2 and all its factory presets inside your Push menu.
- Browse through all 1,028 of the factory presets from Push’s screen.
- Load up any of the presets from Push.
- Control the main knobs and sliders on Nexus2 using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function).
- Use Push features seamlessly with Nexus2, including step sequencer, in scale mode, etc.
The integration pack for Ableton Push and ReFX Nexus2 is available for purchase for £9.99 GBP.
More information: Crafted Sound / Push & Nexus2 integration pack
Voxengo has released version 2.4 of PHA-979, a track phase and time alignment audio plugin for Windows and Mac.
PHA-979 is useful during mixing sessions, especially when working with the sound material recorded through an array of microphones.
In many cases this allows you to solve various phasing problems arising from the microphone placement chosen during the tracking session. In other cases this process may help you to align drums and other instruments to each other bringing punch and time coherence not attainable by the ordinary time-aligning alone.
Changes in PHA-979 v2.4
- Undo issue related to linked knob adjustment fixed.
- Plug-in’s popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- Fixed issue that was causing rare occasional crashes.
- Added VST3 support with side-chain.
PHA-979 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $69.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / PHA-979
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.4 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, with community-requested features, improvements, and extended Ableton Live Max for Live support.
It’s been a long time! This release took its sweet time coming, but it’s packed with features and improvements.
For example, Liquid Rhythm 1.4 takes the concept of working with note clusters (a.k.a. “BeatForms”) many step further. You can now draw, paint, edit, and swap them around, directly in the Arranger. Making beats with the BeatForm Sequencer is fun, but direct Arranger-level editing is another great way to experiment and create variations.
Liquid Rhythm’s Max for Live plugin works wonders by editing clips directly in Ableton Live’s Session View. Our community wanted the power to edit Live clips with Liquid Rhythm directly in Ableton’s Arranger View as well. This update provides that capability.
Among the other improvements are: A brand new Sample Browser to incorporate your personal library of sounds into your productions, a Custom Instrument Type feature for the Max for Live patch, and an upgraded Clip Selector feature for the Ableton Live 9 Max for Live patch. More details of all the updates in version 1.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
(The majority of these updates were workflow enhancements requested by our community. Remember to email us or visit the forums to continue helping us shape Liquid Rhythm into a fun and powerful tool.)
Liquid Rhythm is available for $129 USD / $49 USD (Intro).
More information: WaveDNA
MathAudio has announced the release of Headphone EQ, a utility effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is known that the frequency response of headphones substantially depends on the shape and size of the listeners’ pina and ear canal. Consequently, it is impossible to make ideal headphones that will fit all people. In particular, the acoustic mismatch between headphones and ear canal creates one or a few unwanted acoustic resonances. These resonances decrease the quality of the sound because they overload your ears on certain frequencies and mask all other frequencies. Besides that, these resonances create a specific ringing which worsen the time-domain response of headphones.
MathAudio Headphone EQ VST allows you to check your headphones in order to find the unwanted resonances. It also helps you to compensate for the unwanted resonances.
Headphone EQ features
- Helps to detect and compensate for the unwanted resonances in high grade headphones and earphones.
- Matches headphones to the individual geometry of the listener’s pina and ear canal.
- Includes a signal generator which allows one to detect the frequencies of the unwanted resonances caused by the mismatch between the headphone and the ear canal.
- Accurately tunes the compensating filters to the found frequencies of the unwanted resonances.
- Ensures neutral timbre of the sound of professional headphones.
- Avoids the masking effect caused by the overloading of the eardrum at the unwanted resonance frequencies.
- Removes the ‘ringing’ effect caused by the unwanted resonances.
- Includes a crossfeed feature which allows one to reduce the channel separation to a natural level. The crossfeed makes the headphones less fatiguing to listen to for long periods.
- Works with all types of headphones and earphones. High grade ones are preferable.
- Applies 64-bit signal path throughout.
- Supports full range of sample rates from 44,056 kHz up to 352,8 kHz.
Headphone EQ for Windows and Mac (VST) is available for $60 USD.
More information: MathAudio / Headphone EQ
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.3 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new version of the “universal plug-ins patch bay” available in multiple audio plug-in formats.
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.3, it is now possible to host Audio Unit plug-ins inside the plug-in on Mac (in addition to VST plug-ins). Copy/paste enhancements simplify moving plug-ins in the signal chain or between applications. Several compatibility and performance improvements have also been included (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.3
- New Features:
- Audio Unit hosting support: Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in on Mac.
- Plug-ins can now be cut from a slot for cut/paste operations.
- Plug-ins can now be pasted into a slot with their params map.
- User interface loading or resizing is now up to 50% faster.
- Reduced the size of windows installers.
- Minor layout changes.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when unloading some plug-ins on Mac (Waves plug-ins for example).
- (Win/AAX) Fixed shortcut to user manual in start menu.
- (AAX) Fixed inaccurate transport information reported to sub plug-ins when stopping playback in Pro Tools.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX) is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD (VAT excluded). The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat / PatchWork
audiowerkstatt has announced the release of din2midi2din, a device that converts the synchronisation-signal known as „DIN-Sync“ or „Sync24“ or „Sync48“ to MIDI-clock-signals and vice versa.
The audiowerkstatt din2midi2din has a MIDI- and a DIN-sync-output and on both outputs a clock-signal i sent at the same time.
With a button you can select, if the clock-signal present at the DIN-sync- or the MIDI-input is used. A LED indicates the selected input.
The device operates as a standard in “Sync24″-mode (24 clock pulses per quarter note). By holding the button when switching on, the device is started in “Sync48″-mode (48 clock pulses per quarter note).
din2midi2din is available for purchase for 119 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: audiowerkstatt / din2midi2din
Amateur Tools DSP has announced Voltage Phase Module, a phase modulation effect plug-in for Windows.
Voltage Phase Module is an amateur quality sound manipulation tool for use in a Digital Audio Workstation such as Reaper, Cubase, Ableton, FL Studio, Renoise, and any other Windows based software that utilizes VST™ technology.
It has one function and purpose, to phase modulate one audio stream with another.
This means the amplitude of one signal changes the other audio signal’s speed.
The plug-in is available as “listenware” at the Amateur Tools DSP Bandcamp page.
More information: Voltage Phase Module