Khaelis Software has announced the release of Unov, a distortion removal effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Unov helps cleaning unwanted recording distortions: you made a mistake when recording your sound and you don’t know what to do? This tool may help.
It has two main modes and a ‘pre’ for heavier distortions. Also an auto mode that detects automatically distorted sounds and removes only these moments of distortion.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU, AAX coming soon), priced at $99 USD.
More information: Khaelis Software / Unov
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.4 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac.
We’re happy to announce the immediate availability of 32 Lives free update version 1.0.4!
This update includes numerous fixes and improvements and is recommended for all users.
Changes in 32 Lives v1.0.4
- General bug fixes
- Fixed problem with plugins which have several version available simultaneously.
- Fixed crash with URS plug-ins when writing automation.
- Fixed Destroy FX Buffer Override tempo sync not working.
- Fixed crash with IK Multimedia plug-ins in case the authorization wizard is left open for more than one minute.
- Fixed DAW hang caused by IK Multimedia’s authorization wizard window being hidden behind the DAW window; such hidden windows are now correctly brought forward.
- Fixed crash with Arturia Analog Factory in Live.
- Fixed most Pluggo validation crashes.
- Fixed Abbey Road plug-ins UI not being refreshed after loading a preset.
- Fixed some plug-ins failing to open due to component flags mismatches.
- Fixed resurrected plug-in crashing in case the original 32-bit plug-in has been removed. Instead, the plug-in just fails to open.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- GUI fixes and improvements
- Added support for multiple screens.
- Added support for plug-in windows resizing.
- Improved Digital Performer plug-in windows behavior – windows get “out of the way” when appropriate.
- Fixed plug-in windows sometimes detaching from frame.
- Fixed scenario where a plug-in window could be incorrectly hidden after clicking on it, in case a different application’s window overlaps with it.
- Fixed other applications’ invisible windows hiding plug-in windows.
- Resurrection fixes and impovements
- Enabled resurrection of Novation Automap and Longcat H3D.
- Installer automatically updates previously resurrected plug-ins – no need to manually re-resurrect after installation.
- Fixed 32 Lives manager crash when scanning components which do not contain Audio Units.
32 Lives is available for purchase for $99 USD.
Sound Radix has also announced the availability of Auto-Align, SurferEQ and Pi in VST3 format.
To all you VST3 users, we’re happy to present a cross-platform VST3 compatibility update to all our plug-ins! The VST3 version is fully backward compatible with the previous VST2 versions, so older saved projects will automatically load into a VST3 instance and vice versa if the new VST3 version is not present. The update is free and recommended for all users.
Also in this update are a fix to an Nvidia Pro Tools 11 crash and other improvements.
More information: Sound Radix / 32 Lives
Mabelton Audio has announced the release of the Synthmaster/Ableton Push Integration Pack, a software tool to use KV331 Audio’s Synthmaster plug-in properly from inside the Push controller.
Synthmaster/Ableton Push Integration Pack features
- Find Synthmaster and all its factory presets inside your Push menu.
- Browse through the 1,174 factory presets from Push’s screen in their categories (includes all the factory presets which ship with Synthmaster 2.6).
- Load up any of the presets from Push.
- Control the knobs and sliders on Synthmaster using Push’s knobs (and record your tweaks using Ableton’s automation function).
- Unlock Push’s step sequencer, in key and exotic scales functions for all the Synthmaster presets.
The integration pack is available from Crafted Sound for £5.99 GBP.
More information: Mabelton Audio
Plugin Alliance has released version 1.5 of Drumatom, the drum microphone leakage suppression tool for Windows and Mac.
Drumatom is not a plugin! It is a stand-alone MAC & PC program and is the world´s first microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings! It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology by ACCUSONUS from Greece.
With this novel software tool every sound engineer can now use compressors, EQs and creative effects in new ways with no limitations. In the hands of sound engineers, drumatom will make genuine drum recordings shine in the mix!
Changes in Drumatom v1.5
- Additional Hi-Hat analyzing & processing made possible.
- A/B switching.
- Custom naming abbreviations.
- and more…
Drumatom for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $399 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance / Drumatom
The Auganizer software for renaming and organizing of AudioUnit plug-ins, was updated to version 1.1.
This release is all about adding compatibility and functionality across the board. We’ve made lots of changes on the backend of the software to cater for just about every plugin out there.
Changes in Auganizer v1.1
- Ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing.
- Logic presets now follow plugin renames around no matter how many times you change, update or revert.
- Added support for Automap enabled plugins.
- Full compatibility with Garageband 10.
- Ability to revert all plugins (or selected plugins) to a pure pre Auganizer state.
- Ability refresh the plugin list without closing and opening Auganizer.
- Ableton changes now appear in a “Auganized” folder under “Places”.
- Various improvements based on user feedback.
- Fixed: Unlocking plugins for users with a custom home directory.
- Fixed: Wrong popups for updated components when two versions of the same plugin exist.
- Fixed: A crash that could occur when quitting Auganizer.
- Fixed: 32Lives GUI’s in Auganizer (100% compatibility with 32Lives now).
- Fixed: “iLok not found” in Slate Digital VBC.
- Fixed: Missing GUIs (by adding, “copy back to system folder” feature).
- Fixed: Signed plugins are no longer touched or edited.
- Fixed: In testing, 100% compatibility with every plugin developer, there are currently no known problem plugins.
Auganizer for Mac is available for purchase for $34.99 USD.
More information: Auganizer
CoolSoft has released version 1.9.0 of VirtualMIDISynth, a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
Version 1.9.0 adds a long waited (and popular) feature: *reverb and chorus* settings.
These settings are not “live”, they must be set through *Configurator -> Options* tab, so a VirtualMIDISynt restart is needed. (I suppose this is the best implementation because (usually) these settings are sent through SYSEX messages at the beginning of a song, not during play).
Changes in VirtualMIDISynth v1.9.0
- NEW: Configurator settings for Reverb & Chorus effects level.
- NEW: Configurator setting to override Reverb & Chorus SYSEXes received from MIDI (and force our custom levels).
- NEW: Updated BASS to version 2.4.10 and BASSMIDI to 2.4.8
- NEW: Added Magyar language support (thanks to Nádasdi Zsolt)
- NEW: New setup commandline option “/skip_os_check” to let it run on misdetected systems.
VirtualMIDISynth is a free download for Windows.
More information: CoolSoft
SIR Audio Tools has released version 1.5 of qwertyGO!, a software application for triggering sounds/songs with your computer-keyboard/midi-device.
qwertyGO! is useful for all musicians/artists/DJ’s on stage, theaters, radio stations, for sport events or wherever you want to play jingles/backing-tracks/sounds-effects. It’s just this nifty little helper you sometimes need!
Changes in qwertyGO! v1.5
- Audio Plug-in Environment (AU & VST Plug-in Integration).
- New Key Modules: Audio In Through (for Routing Live-In Audio through qwertyGo!).
- Trigger Group Parameter (to start sounds simultaneously).
- Appearance Settings.
- 16 channel output option.
- StandardEQ integration.
- Mac Version now Code-Signed and Retina aware.
- Windows Version high DPI-Aware.
qwertyGO! costs 49 EUR / $75 USD. A 25% discount is available if you sign up to the SIR Audio Tools newsletter.
More information: SIR Audio Tools / qwertyGO!