Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.3 of Blue Cat’s PatchWork, a new version of the “universal plug-ins patch bay” available in multiple audio plug-in formats.
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.3, it is now possible to host Audio Unit plug-ins inside the plug-in on Mac (in addition to VST plug-ins). Copy/paste enhancements simplify moving plug-ins in the signal chain or between applications. Several compatibility and performance improvements have also been included (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.3
- New Features:
- Audio Unit hosting support: Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in on Mac.
- Plug-ins can now be cut from a slot for cut/paste operations.
- Plug-ins can now be pasted into a slot with their params map.
- User interface loading or resizing is now up to 50% faster.
- Reduced the size of windows installers.
- Minor layout changes.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when unloading some plug-ins on Mac (Waves plug-ins for example).
- (Win/AAX) Fixed shortcut to user manual in start menu.
- (AAX) Fixed inaccurate transport information reported to sub plug-ins when stopping playback in Pro Tools.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/DX) is available for purchase for 59 EUR / $79 USD (VAT excluded). The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat / PatchWork
audiowerkstatt has announced the release of din2midi2din, a device that converts the synchronisation-signal known as „DIN-Sync“ or „Sync24“ or „Sync48“ to MIDI-clock-signals and vice versa.
The audiowerkstatt din2midi2din has a MIDI- and a DIN-sync-output and on both outputs a clock-signal i sent at the same time.
With a button you can select, if the clock-signal present at the DIN-sync- or the MIDI-input is used. A LED indicates the selected input.
The device operates as a standard in “Sync24″-mode (24 clock pulses per quarter note). By holding the button when switching on, the device is started in “Sync48″-mode (48 clock pulses per quarter note).
din2midi2din is available for purchase for 119 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: audiowerkstatt / din2midi2din
Amateur Tools DSP has announced Voltage Phase Module, a phase modulation effect plug-in for Windows.
Voltage Phase Module is an amateur quality sound manipulation tool for use in a Digital Audio Workstation such as Reaper, Cubase, Ableton, FL Studio, Renoise, and any other Windows based software that utilizes VST™ technology.
It has one function and purpose, to phase modulate one audio stream with another.
This means the amplitude of one signal changes the other audio signal’s speed.
The plug-in is available as “listenware” at the Amateur Tools DSP Bandcamp page.
More information: Voltage Phase Module
Audiobus has released version 2.1 of the Audiobus app for iOS, the inter-app audio routing system that allows you to connect your Audiobus-compatible music apps together.
With a simple and clean interface, easily connect the output of one Audiobus-compatible app into the input of another. Use Audiobus to play a synthesizer live into a looper or multi-track recorder, or use one app to manipulate the live output of another.
Changes in Audiobus v2.1
- New Multi-Routing feature (In-App Purchase) allows unlimited connections and effect chaining.
- Presets let you save and share connections and the settings of the individual apps within your Audiobus workflow.
- Multi-channel input hardware support.
- New hardware latency controls.
Audiobus for iOS is available from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: Audiobus
zplane.development has released version 2.1.0 of vielklang, the instant harmony & advanced pitch editing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
vielklang Instant Harmony generates harmonies with 2-4 voices. It is packed with musical intelligence and music theory: it detects the best fitting harmonies for each individual input melody, and automatically synthesizes up to four voices with the voices not merely running in parallel but with their voicings selected to sound most natural (voice leading).
The advanced pitch editing controls (full version only!) give you fast and easy access to pitch, timing, vibrato control, formant shift, and to many more editing options.
Changes in vielklang v2.1.0
- Multi output bug in Sonar [fixed].
- UI bug in Sonar [fixed].
- Cubase7 mac crash [fixed].
- MIDI note off issue when jumping/looping [fixed].
- MIDI output has also been re-engineered.
vielklang for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for $149 USD / 100 EUR plus VAT. The upgrade is free of charge for all registered users.
More information: zplane / vielklang
Lennar Digital has announced the availability of a bundle of its Sylenth1 synthesizer plug-in and 32Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit AU plug-in adapter.
Good news for Apple Mac users! We have teamed up with SoundRadix to offer a bundled version of Sylenth1 and 32 Lives. This bundle will allow you to run Sylenth1 smoothly on Logic Pro X, Ableton Live and many other 64bit hosts.
“32 Lives is a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter, and is compatible with virtually all 64-bit Audio-Units host applications.”
The bundled offer has a total discount of 25% on the regular price for Sylenth1 and 32 Lives, which means the sales price is set at 159 Euro (ex. VAT).
More information: Lennar Digital
Re-Compose has released version 22.214.171.124 of its Liquid Notes intelligent songwriting assistant software.
Liquid Notes is a revolutionary standalone instrument and plug-in that combines a world-class composer, songwriting partner, arranger, electronic artist, producer, and live DJ, and a set of meticulously designed controls and functions—all in one package! Beyond breathtaking musical skill and analytical capabilities, Liquid Notes allows its users unlimited creativity and inspiration through its groundbreaking functionality.
Changes in Liquid Notes v126.96.36.199
- MIDI files can now be dragged out of Liquid Notes, dropped onto other programs, or saved to the file manager for a more comfortable workflow.
- The window Settings now features a link “Learn more” in the bottom left corner. Click on it to find information on each of the settings listed for the tab/window open.
- The MIDI Clock Sync feature is now turned “off” by default, and some bugs related to it have been fixed.
- Empty MIDI files will now report the error message “Invalid MIDI”, telling the user to check the MIDI file.
- The selector for the target scale of LN Live has been moved from the bottom right of the main window to Settings. In its place, the current scale is shown at all times now.
- We included some libraries with relevance for the Java RunTime installation on your system to operate correctly. This ensures that Java is installed correctly and that no components are missing.
- More little bits and pieces that we corrected along the way.
Liquid Notes is available for Windows and Mac, priced at 139 EUR. The Ableton Live version is 79 EUR. A limited time discount is available until June 15th, 2014. Use coupon LNGOAL14 at checkout.
More information: Re-Compose