Toontrack has announced the release of The Rock Warehosue SDX, a new Superior Drummer expansion library.
This new sound library expansion was recorded by Randy Staub in Vancouver’s world-famous The Warehouse Studio. With mixing credits on some of the best selling rock albums ever (Metallica’s “Black Album”, Nickelback’s “Silver Side Up”, Avril Lavigne’s “Under My Skin”) and a catalogue that spans close to 300 productions, Randy is undoubtedly one of the most prolific and noted producers of the past decades. Add to that The Warehouse Studio’s breathtaking acoustics, mint condition drums tuned to perfection, the best dynamic, ribbon and condenser mics money can buy, chains of rare vintage outboard – all ultimately saturated by one of the only three existing Neve AIR consoles.
The Rock Warehouse SDX comes with a broad scope of drum selections and presents a total of three full kits, two extra kicks, three additional snares and an extensive collection of cymbals. From the modern edge of the Ayotte Custom kit, the warm and round sound of the Gretsch USA Custom set to the massive strike of the Dunnett Titanium drums, your options span from tight and snappy to big and ambient. Simply put: drums, recorded with utmost craftsmanship in one of the finest facilities in the world.
The Rock Warehouse SDX features
- Engineered by Randy Staub (Metallica, Nickelback, Mötley Crüe).
- Recorded through a rare Neve AIR console (originally one of the three consoles custom-built by Rupert Neve exclusively for AIR Studios).
- Approx. 20 GB of raw, unprocessed drums.
- Three complete kits.
- Two extra kicks, three additional snares, three sets of cymbals.
- Additional percussion pieces: tambourine and cowbell.
- Extensive rock oriented MIDI library performed by Ryan Vikedal (ex-Nickelback).
The library is available to purchase for 159 EUR / $179 USD.
More information: Toontrack / The Rock Warehosue SDX
Toontrack has announced the release of the Andy Sneap EZmix Pack, a collection of presets designed by influential Metal producer Andy Sneap.
It focuses primarily on guitar and bass tones but also includes a selection of settings for lead vocals, background vocals and drums. Over the last couple of decades, Andy’s mixes have seen him rise to international fame, lent him work on albums by some of the biggest names in modern metal and overall, his skills have had an instrumental role in shaping the sound of metal as we know it in the new millennium. Andy’s discography reads like a who’s who in recent metal history and includes the likes of DevilDriver, Saxon, Testament, Exodus, Accept and Killswitch Engage, to name a few.
The included guitar and bass tones were emulated and EQ-matched against the source material from some of the most noted productions in his extensive catalogue. The end result presents a jaw-dropping similarity and gives you a multitude of options for bass guitar as well as clean, rhythm and lead guitar. Add to that Andy’s custom settings for various lead vocals, background vocals and drums and you’ll have a set of extremely powerful audio shaping tools that will add a new dimension to your songs.
No amps, no cabs, no hassle. Just you, your song and a great mix. By yourself – and Andy Sneap.
The EZmix pack is available to purchase for $49 USD.
More information: Toontrack / Andy Sneap EZmix Pack
, Groove 3
, Rob Papen
, The Unfinished
Posted in news
on Nov 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced Festive Deals, a collection of limited time promotions from some of its partners.
Time+Space are kick starting the festive spirit with a range of bundles, deals and discounts across many top brands including Spectrasonics, Toontrack, Rob Papen, Synthogy, iZotope, Garritan and more.
Whatever style of music you make, there’s a deal to suit you – from free iLoks and gift vouchers to discounted bundles and books.
Festive Deals at Time+Space
- Buy Spectrasonics Omnisphere and you’ll get The Unfinished Horizon Bundle and Groove 3 tutorial worth £74.95 for free!
- Get to grips with synthesis with the Rob Papen Blue and Secrets of Subtractive Synthesis Bundle – only £89!
- Save 20% off all Garritan Instruments including the Ultimate Collection
- EZkeys Grand Piano plus MIDI pack of your choice and Groove 3 tutorial all for just £111.00
More information: Time+Space / Festive Deals
Time+Space have launched Throw The Horns & Win, a chance to win huge Toontrack prize bundles and signed Soilwork swag.
Toontrack Metal Month 2013 is well underway and European distributor Time+Space are cranking up the action to epic proportions with a colossal bundle of prizes.
In addition to over £700 worth of fine Toontrack software, the Grand Prize winner will win exclusive signed Soilwork swag including official t-shirt, The Panic Broadcast album PLUS Dirk Verbeuren’s very own devastated drumsticks.
There are also three runner-up prizes each worth £179 featuring Toontrack’s new Drum Fundamentals: Metal bundle, the new Metal! EZX and an exclusive Metal Month t-shirt.
To enter, all you need to do is submit a photo of yourself ‘throwing the horns’ by the 21st November. Public voting will take place between 22-28th November to determine the four lucky winners.
More information: Time+Space / Throw The Horns & Win
Related: Daniel Bergstrand
, Dirk Verbeuren
, Jason Suecof
, Mark Lewis
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013 - 0 comments
Toontrack has launched the first release of November’s annual Metal Month: Metal!, a new EZX expansion library for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer.
What happens when you put a massive, all-new drum recording in the hands of three of the most in demand producers in modern metal, let them bring it to their own studio environments and equip them with an unparalleled set of audio shaping tools? You not only get a collection of nine custom drum kits – you get a rampant battery armed for complete audio destruction. A nine-headed behemoth that leaves nothing but rubble behind. Nothing.
The Metal! EZX is based on a new drum recording engineered by Daniel Bergstrand in Norway’s highly unique Tanken Studio. The raw material was then individually remixed by Mark Lewis, Jason Suecof and Daniel Bergstrand himself into nine drum kits tailor-made for metal. Between them, these three producers have worked with some of modern metal’s most influential acts as well as those pioneering today’s multifaceted scene: Meshuggah, In Flames, Trivium, Whitechapel, DevilDriver, The Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid and Dimmu Borgir, to name a few. The Metal! EZX also comes with a versatile collection of grooves and fills performed by Soilwork and metal drummer extraordinaire Dirk Verbeuren.
Sometimes the word metal just isn’t enough, it needs an exclamation mark!
Metal! EZX features
- All-new recording featuring DW Collector X-shell and Ludwig Quadra Plus drums.
- A total of nine (9) custom kits, remixed and layered with additional as well as personal samples by Mark Lewis, Jason Suecof and Daniel Bergstrand.
- Included MIDI library performed by Dirk Verbeuren.
The Metal! EZX costs $89 USD / 69 EUR.
More information: Toontrack / Metal! EZX
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2013 - 3 comments
Time+Space has announce that Toontrack has kicked off Metal Month 2013 with new bundles and big savings.
It’s back! November, AKA Metal Month, screams in to action with no less than eight new fiercely fantastic rock and metal titles slated for release over the next four weeks.
To kick things off, Time+Space have launched some incredible bundles and special offers to give your Metal and Rock projects a boost of inspiration…
Toontrack Metal Month
- 50% off Metal EZXs and SDX — Throughout November, you can purchase the following back-catalogue Metal titles for 50% less: Drumkit From Hell EZX, Metalheads EZX, Metal Machine EZX, Rock Solid EZX, The Metal Foundry SDX.
- NEW! Drum Fundamentals bundles — These bundles include all the tools you need to start forging your next masterpiece! With one bundle designed for Rock and the other for Metal, each collection includes EZdrummer plus 2 EZX expansion packs and three MIDI Packs geared towards each genre.
During November, each bundle only costs £145.00 / €189.00 – saving 40% compared to individual purchases.
Drum Fundamentals Rock and Drum Fundamentals Metal are both available now from Time+Space.
More information: Time+Space
Toontrack has launched EZkeys Electric Grand, a new virtual electric piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
The EZkeys Electric Grand features a Yamaha CP-80 recorded by SampleTekk.
Another landmark piano release is here – the Electric Grand. This EZkeys comes with a carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 – a groundbreaking instrument that was introduced on the market in the late 1970s as a compact, electric option to the regular grand piano.
Since then, it’s become a modern classic, immortalized in chart-topping songs by a wide range of artists spanning across the genres. Even today, some 30 years after its inception and since long out of production, the analog, electric and amplified hybrid sound of the CP-80 keeps playing a key role in modern music.
With the included broad genre mixer presets, the classic, crisp sound will expand beyond the conventions and make this instrument a must in every versatile songwriter’s palette of audio tools.
EZkeys Electric Grand features
- A carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 electric grand piano.
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden through a Music Man amp and a custom-built speaker cabinet using Avalon U5, Dimension D, SELA T25, Coles 4038, Telefunken U47 and Neumann SM69 microphones.
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability.
The EZkeys Electric Grand is available to purchase for $179 USD. Users of other EZkeys products can get new Electric Grand for $89 USD.
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys Electric Grand