Topten Software has released build 2068 of Cantabile 2.0, a VST host software for Windows.
Play VSTs, trigger media clips, instantly switch between songs, integrate with your existing hardware, control it all via MIDI and simply perform better.
Changes in Cantabile 2.0 Build 2068
- New – support for FLAC media files.
- New – support for shell plugins (ie: Waves plugins).
- New – support for non-edge triggered MIDI controller assignments.
- New – /stddpi command line switch to disable Cantabile’s hi-res monitor support.
- New – MIDI filter for translating After-Touch events to MIDI CC.
- New – CC Map MIDI Filter can now map to/from program change, pitch bend, and channel pressure.
- Enhancement – support for program numbers without an LSB number (eg: 10..23).
- Enhancement – to save media player snap setting.
- Enhancement – improvements to MIDI routing table to reduce stuck notes.
- Fixed – incorrectly scrolling to top of list when new item added.
- Fixed – MIDI routes not always sending target program number correctly.
- Fixed – large status panel not updating next song display.
- Fixed – popup menus obstructing underlying button.
- Fixed – not using SSE optimized sample conversion routine in some cases.
- Fixed – user-interface slow to respond when triggers with large Sysex data.
- Fixed – made the program number column in the set list window wider.
Cantabile for Windows is available $49 USD (Solo) / $139 USD (Performer). Cantabile Lite is a free download.
More information: Cantabile
Topten Software has announced the re-release of Cantabile Lite, a free VST Host for Windows PC.
Cantabile Lite is back! The feature set has changed somewhat however.
The intention here is to make a really simple scratch pad type host. The host to go to when you just want to quickly test a plugin, or as a flexible tool for preset and bank management.
As such all recording and playback capabilities have been removed, but a whole set of new capabilities revolving around plugin, preset and bank management have been added
Changes in Cantabile Lite
- Unlimited racks and plugins.
- Preset morph and randomization tools – inspiration for sound designers.
- Program organiser – easy management of plugin banks.
- Custom controllers (sliders and buttons) on the on-screen keyboard.
- Partial send support – ability to peel of part of a rack’s output and send to up to two other racks (Cantabile Solo inherits this too).
- User tools – ability to launch external programs.
- Fast session switching – where plugins are re-used between sessions.
- Incremental save – for saving presets/banks and sessions with an automatically increasing counter in the filename.
- A/B preset toggling.
- Ability to set the default state for new sessions.
- Ability to show plugin editors as topmost windows.
- Ability to re-open plugin editors when reloading a session.
- Ability to restore a plugin to the state as loaded from session or factory default state.
- Ability to undo all edits to a plugin since opening the plugin editor.
Cantabile Lite 2.0 is available as freeware for Windows PC.
More information: Topten Software
Topten Software has released version 2.0 of Cantabile, a powerful host for virtual music instruments and audio effects with an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live performance situations.
Cantabile 2.0 brings tons of new features and improvements (details here), and a new version is introduced: Cantabile Performer offers an exciting new platform for live performers.
Cantabile Performer features
- Excellent real-time performance.
- Flexible plugin management.
- Advanced MIDI routing and manipulation.
- Individually triggerable media clips.
- Fast and flexible configuration switching.
- Easy keyboard splits.
- Large font status panel.
- Send and receive MIDI clock.
- Proven reliabilityv
Cantabile Performer is available for Windows PC for $150 USD. Check the features page for details on the differences with the Lite (free) and Solo version.
Visit Cantabile for more information.
Topten Software has announced the release of a beta version of Cantabile 2.0, a simple to use host for virtual music instruments and audio effects with an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live performance situations.
New in Cantabile v2.0
- Completely rewritten user-interface.
- Sub-session support.
- Audio file playback.
- 64 bit audio.
- Drag-drop and undo/redo.
- MIDI clock and synchronisation support.
- Lots more…
The various versions of Cantabile 2.0 are now available for pre-order and should be available before the end of this year.
Visit Topten Software for more information and a link to download the latest beta version of Cantabile 2.0.
Topten Software has released version 1.2 build 1256 of Cantabile, a simple, easy to use VST host, MIDI recorder and audio recorder.
Topten Software Cantabile
Designed primarily for real-time playing of virtual instruments, Cantabile includes a highly optimized audio engine to minimize system load and reduce audio drop outs.
New in v1.2 build 1256
- New option to set the default MIDI output device
- New option allows pass-through of unhandled incoming events to a selectable MIDI output port
- New option allows pass-through of all incoming events to a selectable MIDI output port
- The default behaviour of routing all output MIDI to all enabled output ports has been removed
- Minor changes to MIDI routing to maintain consistence when muted or soloed
- New toolbar button to stop audio engine
- Fix for incorrect tool tip in Windows Recording Mixer toolbar button
- Fix for inability to turn-off update checking in some cases
- Improved update check
Cantabile costs $25 USD and a demo is available for download. The demo only runs for 1 hour before requiring restart, it won’t reload saved session files and only records in 16-bit audio.
You can also try the completely free, unrestricted Cantabile Lite. Check the features page to the differences between Cantabile and Cantabile Lite.
I like to use Cantabile Lite when testing plugins, it’s light and easy to use. (that’s why most screenshots of GUI-less plugins at rekkerd.org have the Cantabile GUI).
Visit Topten Software for more information.