Topten Software has announced the re-release of Cantabile Lite, a free VST Host for Windows PC.
Cantabile Lite is back! The feature set has changed somewhat however.
The intention here is to make a really simple scratch pad type host. The host to go to when you just want to quickly test a plugin, or as a flexible tool for preset and bank management.
As such all recording and playback capabilities have been removed, but a whole set of new capabilities revolving around plugin, preset and bank management have been added
Changes in Cantabile Lite
- Unlimited racks and plugins.
- Preset morph and randomization tools – inspiration for sound designers.
- Program organiser – easy management of plugin banks.
- Custom controllers (sliders and buttons) on the on-screen keyboard.
- Partial send support – ability to peel of part of a rack’s output and send to up to two other racks (Cantabile Solo inherits this too).
- User tools – ability to launch external programs.
- Fast session switching – where plugins are re-used between sessions.
- Incremental save – for saving presets/banks and sessions with an automatically increasing counter in the filename.
- A/B preset toggling.
- Ability to set the default state for new sessions.
- Ability to show plugin editors as topmost windows.
- Ability to re-open plugin editors when reloading a session.
- Ability to restore a plugin to the state as loaded from session or factory default state.
- Ability to undo all edits to a plugin since opening the plugin editor.
Cantabile Lite 2.0 is available as freeware for Windows PC.
More information: Topten Software
Topten Software has released version 2.0 of Cantabile, a powerful host for virtual music instruments and audio effects with an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live performance situations.
Cantabile 2.0 brings tons of new features and improvements (details here), and a new version is introduced: Cantabile Performer offers an exciting new platform for live performers.
Cantabile Performer features
- Excellent real-time performance.
- Flexible plugin management.
- Advanced MIDI routing and manipulation.
- Individually triggerable media clips.
- Fast and flexible configuration switching.
- Easy keyboard splits.
- Large font status panel.
- Send and receive MIDI clock.
- Proven reliabilityv
Cantabile Performer is available for Windows PC for $150 USD. Check the features page for details on the differences with the Lite (free) and Solo version.
Visit Cantabile for more information.
Topten Software has announced the release of a beta version of Cantabile 2.0, a simple to use host for virtual music instruments and audio effects with an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live performance situations.
New in Cantabile v2.0
- Completely rewritten user-interface.
- Sub-session support.
- Audio file playback.
- 64 bit audio.
- Drag-drop and undo/redo.
- MIDI clock and synchronisation support.
- Lots more…
The various versions of Cantabile 2.0 are now available for pre-order and should be available before the end of this year.
Visit Topten Software for more information and a link to download the latest beta version of Cantabile 2.0.
Topten Software has released version 1.2 build 1256 of Cantabile, a simple, easy to use VST host, MIDI recorder and audio recorder.
Topten Software Cantabile
Designed primarily for real-time playing of virtual instruments, Cantabile includes a highly optimized audio engine to minimize system load and reduce audio drop outs.
New in v1.2 build 1256
- New option to set the default MIDI output device
- New option allows pass-through of unhandled incoming events to a selectable MIDI output port
- New option allows pass-through of all incoming events to a selectable MIDI output port
- The default behaviour of routing all output MIDI to all enabled output ports has been removed
- Minor changes to MIDI routing to maintain consistence when muted or soloed
- New toolbar button to stop audio engine
- Fix for incorrect tool tip in Windows Recording Mixer toolbar button
- Fix for inability to turn-off update checking in some cases
- Improved update check
Cantabile costs $25 USD and a demo is available for download. The demo only runs for 1 hour before requiring restart, it won’t reload saved session files and only records in 16-bit audio.
You can also try the completely free, unrestricted Cantabile Lite. Check the features page to the differences between Cantabile and Cantabile Lite.
I like to use Cantabile Lite when testing plugins, it’s light and easy to use. (that’s why most screenshots of GUI-less plugins at rekkerd.org have the Cantabile GUI).
Visit Topten Software for more information.