Feelyoursound has announced MidiMidi, a MIDI software for use with the MaKey MaKey invention kit that allows you to turn everyday objects into touchpads.
Have you been playing around with the idea to buid your own MIDI controllers or MIDI drumkits? There might be a new software and hardware combination around that can make your gear ideas come true.
feelyoursound.com has released MidiMidi, a software that turns the input of the successful Kickstarter project MaKey MaKey into various kinds of MIDI data.
MaKey MaKey connects to your computer via USB and presents itself as a standard keyboard. But instead of using the usual keys you can connect any conductive material like fruits or metal to the small platine. MaKey MaKey will transform each touch event into a key press like “space”, “left arrow”, etc.
MidiMidi by feelyoursound.com is 100% compatible to MaKey MaKey and turns its’ gaming orientated standard keys (W, A, S, D, Space,…) into MIDI notes, MIDI chords and MIDI controller values. Ten keys can get remapped to send the new data to synthesizers or other software, four banks are available to organize
MidiMidi for Windows is available to purchase for 19 EUR / $27 USD.
More information: Feelyoursound / MidiMidi
Crossfire Designs has released version 1.7 of MidiPads for iPhone.
Welcome to MidiPads, the professional and fully configurable drum pad and Midi controller for Network MIDI, virtual MIDI and hardware MIDI interfaces.
With Network MIDI, you can take your iPad on stage and trigger your sounds wirelessly!
Changes in MidiPads for iPhone v1.7
- Finger velocity mode more accurate.
- Large faders for more accurate working on the iPhone.
- Bidirectional and inverted fader axis support.
- Share presets with friends by sending them via mail.
- See MIDI send values when moving a fader or a touch pad.
- New elements automatically get free sender key or cc.
MidiPads for iPhone is available to purchase for $3.99 USD / 3.59 EUR. A free Lite version is available to download (also updated).
More information: MidiPads
feelyoursound has introduced XotoPad, a MIDI touch controller software application for Windows.
With XotoPad you can finally control your Digital Audio Workstation and Synthesizers directly from the same Computer.
XotoPad works best with Windows 8 and a touchscreen. It offers four banks with many pads. Each pad can either trigger MIDI notes – and even chords – or work as a x/y-controller for MIDI CC data. This way the user can trigger drum sounds in his favorite DAW, play melodies, or enter chords and arpeggios with a single touch.
- Control other MIDI software and hardware at your fingertips!
- Easy to use interface, perfect for live and studio use.
- 2 banks with 16 pads, 1 bank with 36 pads, 1 bank with 4 pads.
- Touch and keyboard input for jamming.
- Ready for Windows 8 Desktop (32 Bit and 64 Bit).
- Way cheaper than any hardware controller – but more flexible at the same time.
- Buy once, get updates forever.
XotoPad for Windows costs 29 EUR / $39 USD.
More information: feelyoursound
Serato has announced the release of Serato Remote, an iPad app designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live or Serato DJ setup.
Serato’s first official App for iPad® lets you see and perform all your favorite Scratch Live and Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop. Control Cue Points, Loops and Samples. Load tracks and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible.
Serato Remote features
- Plug & Play with easy set up.
- Big easy to hit buttons that are quick to locate on the fly.
- Control Cue Points, Samples and FX.
- Toggle between Auto Loop, Loop Rolls and Manual Loops.
- Perform super fast Instant Doubles.
- New Roll Mode combines Loop Rolls with FX.
- Set favorite FX for instant access.
- Cue Point and Overview colours inherited from the Serato laptop software.
- Virtual Decks and Track Overviews mirror key information from your laptop.
- Scroll your library, load to decks and Sample slots.
- Control of your Scratch Live or Serato DJ Sample Player.
- Quickly manipulate FX with QFX.
Serato Remote for iPad is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Serato / Serato Remote
TC Electronic has announced the additional of 3G capability to its TouchMonitor TM7 loudness meter.
TouchMonitor TM7 is a very popular loudness meter for mobile trucks and small installations where space is always an issue. Broadcasters have wished for the same 3G SDI capability of the larger TouchMonitor TM9, and now a TM7 model with that exact I/O configuration is available.
TM7 accepts all SD, HD and 3G formats available on the market. Apart from the 3G SDI interface (including SDI loop through), it also features 4 digital AES3 inputs (8 channels) and 4 digital AES3 outputs (8 channels) via a D-sub connector. The internal routing matrix offers great flexibility and even includes routing SDI to AES, optionally using the meter as an SDI to AES converter while measuring the signal simultaneously.
Like the other versions of TouchMonitor, TM7 with 3G SDI features intuitive touch screen control, USB connections, GPIO, Ethernet, VGA output and highly flexible, user-definable screen layouts. It is also compliant with all major broadcast standards and a plethora of software options are available, including TC Electronic’s highly acclaimed Loudness Radar Meter that provides a complete overview of any loudness landscape at a glance, including Loudness History, Momentary Loudness and numeric values for e.g. Program Loudness and Loudness Range.
More information: TC Electronic / TouchMonitor TM7