Last month Arguru (Juan Antonio Argüelles Rius) had confirmed that Aodix, a tickless tracker-interface based sequencer and VST2 host with ASIO2 support, would soon become free. Arguru did not plan to continue support for Aodix because his work at Image-Line took up most of his time.
Juan Antonio Argüelles Rius
Sadly, Arguru passed away in a car accident on June 3rd. The talented and well respected plug-in developer made fame in the early days of the tracker scene. His work includes Psycle, Renoise, discoDSP plug-ins and various Image-Line products (Fl Studio 7, DirectWave, Deckadance…)
Keeping true to Arguru’s plans, Zaf (Aguru’s partner in Arguru Software) has now released Aodix v184.108.40.206 for free.
- Full modular audio and MIDI routing
- 256 tracks, 256 patterns
- pattern markers and pattern calls, patterns being of virtually unlimited length
- 32-bit float sample precision
- Up to 960 PPQN (Pulses Per Quarter-Note) timestamp precision
- real-time record and automation
- piano-roll track split view
- real-time performance with very low latencies
Support for Aodix will only be available for registered users.
More information: Arguru Software
Renoise v1.5.2 has been released with small fixes and improved stability for both platforms (Windows and Mac OSX).
- Changed MIDI Program Change behaviour: When modifying parameters of a MIDI instrument, Renoise will no longer resend program changes to all the other MIDI instruments, but only to the altered one
- OS X: Improved VST window handling: VST editor windows should now require less CPU – various drawing / resize incompatibilities were fixed
- Windows: Fixed possible random crashes when deleting a VST or native DSP device by clicking on the small “X” button in the DSP device
- OS X: Fixed start-up problems, if Reoise was installed on a case sensitive file system
- OS X: Fixed broken Apple menu in OSX 10.4.3 and higher
- Fixed wrong import of 32 bit float AIFC and 24 bit files
- Fixed broken Impulse Tracker import – songs with compressed samples should load correctly now
- Fixed initialization problems with the Korg-M1 VSTi
- Fixed distorted Audio output with the Normad Phaser VST
- Fixed incorrectly bypassed *VSTiAutomationDevices: Parameter changes were sent to the VSTi even when the device was Bypassed
Renoise v1.5.2 is available for registered users and the demo version has been updated as well.
Check the Renoise website for more information.