Detunized has announced City Traffic, a sample library for Ableton Live.
City Traffic brings the daily noise of Berlin´s road traffic to the Live library.
The Live Pack contains recordings of main roads during the morning rush hour, when the trolley car rumbles over the rails and the trucks are roaring through the kettles. In between a bunch of honking mopeds and cars with broken exhaust pipes are fighting for their space. Commuter trains are crossing every minute, the omnibus arrives in time and the long-distance trains pass the station with squeaking brakes. In the evening it is rainy and at least the suburb calms down a little bit.
City Traffic consists of 10 different sceneries that are split into 55 single takes, each one with a length of 30 to 150 seconds. The material offers exciting possibilities for scoring, radio play and composition.
City Traffic is available to purchase as a direct download for 4.80 EUR. Detunized subscribers pay 3.90 EUR.
More information: Detunized / City Traffic
, random posts
Posted in random posts
on Aug 23, 2007
Some interesting things I bookmarked on del.icio.us on August 22nd, 2007:
- USB Powered Mini Greenhouse – Features an adjustable growth light and an easy view window that offers maximum plant protection.
- Amazon forest carved up in resettlement scam – Rather than moving communities onto land that has already been deforested Incra has been allocating tracts of land that are still part of the rainforest.
- reddit media: intelligent fun online – Monitors reddit?s front page, collects picture & video links, and builds an archive of them over time.
- Monster attack steals user data – US job website Monster.com has suffered an online attack with the personal data of hundreds of thousands of users stolen, says a security firm.
- Robots Can Be Friendly, Groovin?: Max-Powered Keepon and Beatbots – The Keepon is a cute, yellow robot that dances to music you may have seen bopping on YouTube. It shows how subtle changes could make robotics friendlier in the near future.
- Deezer – The first global website for music on demand with no restrictions: listening to all kinds of music is now free, unlimited, legal and accessible to all Internet users via a Web browser.
- Google Earth Shows Real-Time Traffic – This has been achieved by adding a Traffic layer in Google Earth. Once you?ve enabled this feature, you?ll see a real-time picture of traffic and conditions.
- SimpleTEXT: a cellphone enabled performance – SimpleTEXT is a collaborative audio/visual public performance that relies on audience participation through input from mobile devices such as phones, PDAs or laptops.
- Lee Broom – The application of neon elements to the outlines of the six hand-carved Mahogany pieces “haloes the delicate lines of the traditional furniture whilst casting deep reflections in their richly lacquered surfaces.”