, effect plugins
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Aug 26, 2014 - 0 comments
Zynaptiq has announced the availability of ZAP, a bundle comprising four of its effect plug-ins.
Restore your sound’s natural frequency response with UNFILTER, remove reverb and masking effects with UNVEIL, get rid of the most objectionable types of codec/denoiser artifacts with UNCHIRP, and change the pitches inside of mixed music on the fly with PITCHMAP.
All in real-time, a lightning fast workflow, and with award-winning quality. Add the cutting edge of audio processing to your toolkit with proven solutions no one else can match.
The ZAP Bundle is available for purchase for $1099 USD / EUR 999 (incl. 19% VAT). Previous customers of UNVEIL, UNFILTER or PITCHMAP can upgrade to the ZAP Bundle by paying the difference of the list price.
More information: Zynaptiq / ZAP Bundle
Zynaptiq has announced the release of UNCHIRP, a codec artifact removal and transient retrieval effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
UNCHIRP is a plug-in for removing the most obnoxious artifacts associated with lossy audio encoding and other FFT based processes, such as spectral de-noising.
Reduce musical noise, suppress high frequency chirping (also known as underwater sound, warbling or the tweeties), fix transient smearing, and restore lost high frequencies – UNCHIRP does it all in one go.
If you need to salvage poorly encoded music, speech that has gone through a low bit rate uplink, material that has been de-noised too strongly, or footage recorded with consumer mobile devices – or if you simply want to add contour and vibrance to already great sounding recordings – UNCHIRP is your (only) friend.
- Suppression of high frequency “chirping” artifacts.
- Reduction of “musical noise” artifacts.
- Transient Synthesis to augment or replace smeared, over-limited or otherwise compromised transients.
- Psycho-Acoustically optimized Treble Boost circuit with Enhance and Excite modes.
- Break-Point Curve Editor based frequency-dependent processing.
- Side-only algorithm mode for working with joint-stereo encoded material.
- HD algorithm mode for increased quality processing with higher CPU load (off-line processing recommended).
- SYNC parameter allows processing to be synchronized to signal transients for increasing clarity.
- Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications.
- Highly time-efficient workflow and UI.
UNCHIRP for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) is available for purchase for $399 USD / 369 EUR (incl. VAT in EU).
More information: Zynaptiq / UNCHIRP
eaReckon has released version 1.0.1 of TransReckon, a transient shaper effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TransReckon is a transient processor that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) in an extremely efficient way and with unexpected ease.
TransReckon provides ‘Length’ and ‘Sensivity’ controls, a ‘Listen’ mode, a ‘Flat Sustain’ option and an integrated brickwall limiter. These options help to go further with the transient shaping process.
They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, …) but they also offer new creative possibilities (gate and “pre-delay” effects on a natural reverb).
Changes in TransReckon v1.0.1
- New Dry/Wet mix knob.
- “Fast” option that can be enabled to reduce the CPU usage on older computers.
TransReckon for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for 59 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / TransReckon
eaReckon has announced the release of TransReckon, a transient processor effect plug-in that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) the easy way.
TransReckon provides ‘Length’ and ‘Sensitivity’ controls, a ‘Listen’ mode, a ‘Flat Sustain’ option and an integrated brickwall limiter.
These options help to go further with the transient processing process. They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, …) but they also offer creative possibilities (gate and “pre-delay” effects on a natural reverb).
While it is possible to process transients with classic dynamics effects, these rely on a defined threshold which is set manually depending on the incoming signal. A transient processor like TransReckon does not depend on the level of the incoming signal.
- Add punch to your drums and percussive instruments.
- Add life to your mixes.
- Isolate the prominent elements of an existing loop.
- Give more presence to an acoustic guitar or tame the peaks produced by an enthusiastic rhythm guitarist.
- Add a gate effect to a natural reverb and/or simulate a pre-delay effect on it.
- Tweak the envelope of an electronic drum sound.
- … be creative.
The plug-in is available for the introductory price of 39 EUR until July 22nd, 2014 (regular 59 EUR).
More information: eaReckon / TransReckon
Meldaproduction has announced the release of version 8.03 of its plug-ins, including the new MTransient single-band transient processor.
8.03 provides several new features (AAX support, new channel modes, preset showing, popup tabs…) along with several fixes and performance improvements. It is highly recommended to install this update. It is necessary to use the newest installer from our download page.
The transient detection algorithm from MMultiBandTransient has been heavily upgraded and now provides level independent processing with unimaginable audio quality. With this change, its price has been increased, a dedicated single-band processor MTransient has been released and is available at a riddiculous introductory price as usual.
- The most advanced user interface on the market – stylable, resizable, GPU accelerated.
- Dual user interface, easy screen for beginners, edit screen for professionals.
- Unique visualisation engine with classic meters and time graphs.
- 4 multiparameters.
- Tube saturation.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing….
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC).
- Safety limiter.
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE/SSE2/SSE3 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
MTransient for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for the introductory price of 19 EUR (regular 59 EUR).
More information: Meldaproduction
Sound Magic has released version 1.3 of its Neo Transient transient processor effect plug-in for Windows.
Neo Transient is a new concept for level independent dynamic processing. Unlike common compressors and limiters, Neo Transient reacts on Transients – those short peaks in the audio signal – rather than the overall signal loudness level. In this way, Neo Transient creates an entirely new way to process your tracks.
Neo Transient allows you to completely reshape the attack and sustain characteristics of a sound. You can shorten or lengthen the attack of all kinds of percussive signals, such as the bass drum, snare drums, toms, congas and so on, to give them more impact, change them to a punchier sound. Or go the other direction and make those sounds gentler than before.
Changes in Neo Transient v1.3
- Improved Algorithm which process a slower attack signal.
- Fixes an overload error occurs when signal level is fixed at certain range.
- Better A/B Comparison.
Neo Transient for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Transient
Voxengo has released version 1.6 of its TransGainer, an effect plug-in that implements an audio signal envelope adjustment algorithm that reacts on transients rather than on a signal’s loudness level.
TransGainer allows you to specify positive or negative gain adjustment for a sound’s transient stage. You can also choose an expected average time between transients and transient threshold level so that the algorithm delivers you the most precise results possible. With the help of TransGainer you can pass the border from good to excellent audio recordings.
This updated version 1.6 introduces a new “Precise B” algorithm which is better suited for mix and bus (broadband) processing.
Transgainer for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for $79.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / TransGainer