G-Sonique has announced the release of TrebleCream, a mid-treble & transients softening effect plug-in for Windows.
TrebleCream is new technology with special digital algorithms / virtual circuits inspired by analog electronic structures for achieving really pleasant, creamy mid-trebles and transients without loosing any intensity of mid-high frequencies. TrebleCream will help you remove “harshness” from mix within few seconds.
Treble cream was developed in cooperation with Analog Dimension. Senior mastering engineer of Analog Dimension studios says “More than 50% of mixes that we are receiving has screaming or distorted mid-trebles and or/transients, while rest of mix is relatively good. Sometimes song is 2x louder after mastering because of modern trends and all these negative artifacts (harshness, mid-treble distortion) are logically boosted during mastering, while many people thinks that mastering can fix all mistakes in mix all experienced engineers will tell you that it is not truth. Simply mastering can’t save wrong mix. Many people are using low quality digital compressors, coloring plug-ins, limiters and all these plug-ins are producing distortion on mid-trebles and transients if used unduly.
TrebleCream for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 18.90 EUR (regular 28.90 EUR).
More information: G-Sonique / TrebleCream
, effect plugins
, group buy
Posted in news
on Jul 03, 2013
Voxengo’s group buy system is now available for its Pristine Space, TransGainer and Warmifier, offering a change to get up to 50% discount on these effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Get up to 50% off the Warmifier tube warming/harmonic enhancing plug-in.
Voxengo Group Buys
- Pristine Space is a native audio VST plugin which allows you to use convolution reverb impulses in your audio projects.
- TransGainer, an audio plug-in suitable for a wide range of professional music production uses, implements an audio signal envelope adjustment algorithm that reacts on transients rather than on a signal’s loudness level. This algorithm allows you to adjust volume of attack and sustain stages of any sounds you use it on. TransGainer was designed in a way to be suitable for all possible sound sources – be it individual tracks or full mixes.
- Warmifier is a special plug-in for professional music production applications which processes audio signal in a way similar to analog valve equipment. By using Warmifier you can achieve valve warming and “console” coloration effects.
The group buy voting stage ends July 18th, 2013 (or earlier if 50% discount is reached). Note: voting does not oblige you to purchase said plug-in(s).
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys
Acon Digital has announced the release of version 1.0.4 of its Restoration Suite, a collection of 4 audio restoration (DeNoise, DeHum, DeClick and DeClip) plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration and noise reduction plugins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.0.4
- The parameter settings were not recalled when opening a project containing any of the Restoration Suite plug-ins in Ableton Live (both Windows & OS X).
- Acon Digital DeClip did not update the handle bars in the histogram when recalling presets or when using automation.
- Freeze in WaveLab 6 when the demo mode window was shown.
- The drop-outs in the demo mode are now synchronized to make it easier to evaluate the quality when using several plug-ins in chain.
- When launching the help from the German user interface, the English help was opened.
- Minor fixes and spelling.
The Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is available from the Restoration Suite product page.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013
Goldbaby has introduced Dirt and Layers, a sample library featuring a collection of drum layering samples and dirt sounds for adding texture to your productions.
The dirt sounds can add subtle or not so subtle texture to your individual instruments or whole mixes. For example add some vinyl noise to give the impression that your instrument was sampled off vinyl. Add some tape noise to make your recordings sound like they were done on tape before noise reduction was invented. Use the damaged cassette noise to fake your cassette sampling skills.
The drum layering samples are a fantastic tool kit for augmenting and beefing up drum sounds. Give your drums more depth and texture by experimenting with different layers. Boost the bottom end of kicks with tuned subs or add a transient layer to help it cut through a mix. Crispen snares with various top layers or add body and substance using the sauce and body layers.
This pack is a treasure trove for experimenting and sound designing. With foley style SFX like footstep on gravel, plastic bag scrunching, glass beads dropping on drum heads, rattley door hits, movie style impacts…
Dirt and Layers features
- 140 dirt sounds (24bit wav), including vinyl and tape noise, digital hash, guitar amp and pedal hum and more…
- 800 drum layering sounds (24bit wav), including kick subs and sauce, snare tops and sauce, sucks, transients and more…
- 50 Rex loops, including vinyl centre and locked grooves, wind up motors and dirt patterns.
The sample library costs $29 USD.
More information: Goldbaby / Dirt and Layers
Particular has released Tasty Transients, a new Euro Munchies series sample pack featuring 115 Eurorack sequence loops.
In this second installment in the series it’s all about transient and attack rich analogue Eurorack loops. The weirder the better is the decree so slap these onto something in need of something really out of the ordinary – be it four to the floor, downtempo, urban or cinematic.
Design spec here is the exploration of rhythmic and timing possibilities in analogue traditional and Cartesian sequencers and rotating clock dividers in a Eurorack modular system. We did this by feeding clock signals from a DAW and process the resulting sequences in the digital domain – all to retain the magic and weirdness coming from the analogue circuits in sync and under control. Instead of focusing on any specific genre or style of sound the goal here has been to squeeze out the most outlandish sequences possible using high quality analogue oscillators combined with digital wavetable ones, frequency modulation, low pass gates, filters, distortion and frequency shifter among others.
The modular system consists of selected modules from about 20 different brands: Makenoise, 4ms, Cwejman, Doepfer, TipTop audio, Plan B, Intellijel and a Roland system 100 Model 101. Digital realtime processing made mainly through Soundtoys and Fabfilter suites.
The sample library costs £14.95 GBP.
More information: Particular Audio / Tasty Transients