Acon Digital has launched the Restoration Suite, a bundle of 4 effect plugins for restoration of audio.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration plug-ins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Restoration Suite features
- DeNoise is a plug-in designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise. Great efforts have been put into preserving as much of the original signal as possible during the noise reduction process. As a result, DeNoise can reduce or in many cases completely remove the noise in a very transparent manner without loss of transients, attacks or “air” in the recording.
- DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise.
- DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle. These distortions are frequently encountered on LP and 78 RPM records, but also occur in digital recordings due to drop-outs or distorted data packets.
- DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac (32/64-bit, VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. An upgrade is available to Studio Clean 1.x users for $39.90 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
Voxengo has released version 1.3 of its Drumformer multiband drum track processing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Drumformer can operate in broadband, 2-band and 3-band modes, with each band having compressor-expander and saturation modules. The sound of the compressor can be defined as “gluey with a ping”, because it instantly creates a “tight and glued together” sound while masterfully emphasizing the transients. The saturation module offers you a choice between six saturation modes, each having a smooth sound and differing harmonic content.
Changes in Drumformer v1.3
- The EQ curve is now hidden when the equalizer is set to “Off”.
- A crash when loading some routing presets was fixed.
Drumformer (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $89.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Drumformer
FXpansion has announced that its DCAM EnvShaper is now available as an optional plug-in within Auria, the 48-track iPad digital audio recording system by WaveMachine Labs.
DCAM EnvShaper is a powerful processor for controlling transients in your Auria projects.
Ideal on electronic and acoustic drums, percussion loops, bass and guitar, it lets you emphasize or tame transients to increase punch or help parts sit well in a mix.
DCAM EnvShaper is available as an in-app purchase within Auria v1.08, priced at $14.99 USD.
More information: FXpansion / Auria
Variety Of Sound has announced the release of Rescue MK2, a freeware analog style modelled signal designer for Windows.
Rescue MK2 is the major overhaul of the analog style modelled signal designer already introduced back in 2007. It is a sophisticated mid/side based transient processing device which not only allows detailed ’3D’ imaging control but also fancy transient compression and distortion with dynamics that remains vibrant and alive.
Rescue MK2 offers transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0.
Changes in Rescue MK2
- Some internal routing changes are streamlining the workflow per channel.
- Based on true stateful signal saturation algorithms, it provides way smoother transient management and distortion.
- Better support for different gain-staging levels is introduced.
- The analog style signal path emulation is a complete rework.
- The manual is completely rewritten.
Rescue MK2 is a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound
Variety Of Sound has announced Rescue Mk2, an update to the envelope dependent signal amplification and analog style saturation in a mid/side configuration
While the initial Rescue implementation was a little bit quirky concerning transient handling, I’ve managed to developed a ‘stateful’ approach over the last years which turned out to be way smoother not only in terms of transient response but also in terms of signal saturation. All this comes down now and there is almost nothing to change to the original concept other than the underlying technology which had been emerged and improved.
Rescue MK2 is going to offer transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0. Rescue MK2 maintains a super realistic stereo image, increases depth perception and works great as both, mixing tool and summing on the 2-bus. The new Rescue version will be available by end of January as a freeware VST plug-in.
More information: Variety Of Sound