FXpansion has announced that its DCAM EnvShaper is now available as an optional plug-in within Auria, the 48-track iPad digital audio recording system by WaveMachine Labs.
DCAM EnvShaper is a powerful processor for controlling transients in your Auria projects.
Ideal on electronic and acoustic drums, percussion loops, bass and guitar, it lets you emphasize or tame transients to increase punch or help parts sit well in a mix.
DCAM EnvShaper is available as an in-app purchase within Auria v1.08, priced at $14.99 USD.
More information: FXpansion / Auria
Variety Of Sound has announced the release of Rescue MK2, a freeware analog style modelled signal designer for Windows.
Rescue MK2 is the major overhaul of the analog style modelled signal designer already introduced back in 2007. It is a sophisticated mid/side based transient processing device which not only allows detailed ’3D’ imaging control but also fancy transient compression and distortion with dynamics that remains vibrant and alive.
Rescue MK2 offers transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0.
Changes in Rescue MK2
- Some internal routing changes are streamlining the workflow per channel.
- Based on true stateful signal saturation algorithms, it provides way smoother transient management and distortion.
- Better support for different gain-staging levels is introduced.
- The analog style signal path emulation is a complete rework.
- The manual is completely rewritten.
Rescue MK2 is a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound
Variety Of Sound has announced Rescue Mk2, an update to the envelope dependent signal amplification and analog style saturation in a mid/side configuration
While the initial Rescue implementation was a little bit quirky concerning transient handling, I’ve managed to developed a ‘stateful’ approach over the last years which turned out to be way smoother not only in terms of transient response but also in terms of signal saturation. All this comes down now and there is almost nothing to change to the original concept other than the underlying technology which had been emerged and improved.
Rescue MK2 is going to offer transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0. Rescue MK2 maintains a super realistic stereo image, increases depth perception and works great as both, mixing tool and summing on the 2-bus. The new Rescue version will be available by end of January as a freeware VST plug-in.
More information: Variety Of Sound
123creative.com has announced the release of Transhaper X3, a transient shaping/designing system VST plug-in for Windows.
Transhaper X3 allow you boost transients (spikes of audio signal) of your drums, percussions or any other instruments.
Are your drums or percussions sounding too deep and flat and you want to make them modern, sharp and significant, or opposite are your drums too sharp and you want to make them more gentle? Are you hearing lot of unwanted room reverb in your live recorded drums? Try Transhaper X3
Transhaper X3 features
- Transient shaping system – with Attack, Release and Transient amount knobs for designing shape of your transients.
- Trans saturation – for saturating shape of transients (making it round).
- Hi-freq transient enhancer – module for enhancing high frequency transients.
- Output module – with dry/wet knob for selecting ideal compromise between effected an uneffected sound and output visualization display.
- Input and Output volume knob.
- Made in cooperation with engineers from G-Sonique digital instruments.
Transhaper X3 for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 9.90 EUR (regular 16.90 EUR).
More information: 123creative.com / Transhaper X3
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 04, 2013 - 0 comments
Sonnox Oxford Plugins has announced a limited time offer on its TransMod transient modulator effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Do you need to give a dull drum recording some more life, or give a vocal more punch?
Perhaps you need to take the edge off an electric guitar so it sits in the mix better.
The TransMod is a small yet powerful plug-in that can perform a vast array of tricks to help soften or accentuate attacks. You’ll wonder how you lived without it!
- Fully 64-bit compliant.
- Accentuates or softens attacks and transients.
- Brings instruments forwards or pushes them back in the mix.
- Radically changes the dynamics of instruments.
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra punch.
- Can have the effect of increasing or decreasing room ambience.
- Gives life to dull sounding recordings without the artifacts of compression.
The TransMod plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/TDM) is available to purchase at a 40% discount until January 31st, 2013.
More information: Sonnox Oxford / TransMod
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Nov 16, 2012 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced the rerelease of its VINTAGE COMPRESSORS and TRANSIENT MASTER plugins, which feature a sleek new user interfaces, and can now be used as stand-alone plug-ins in any DAW.
VINTAGE COMPRESSORS are painstakingly accurate emulations of three legendary compressors found in recording studios worldwide. Each has been created by NI and Softube to deliver the true sound of the original – with additional sidechain inputs and dry controls for parallel compression. The VC 160 and VC 2A also feature a Low-Cut dial for avoiding overly hard compression. Producers can explore a wide range of modern, creative compression techniques with the beloved sound of classic studio equipment. Each compressor can be purchased separately or as part of the VINTAGE COMPRESSORS bundle.
The VC 2A is based on a legendary electro-optical tube compressor/limiter. Its medium-to-slow auto-release setting makes it especially suitable for adding smooth presence and punch to drums, vocals or the stereo bus. The VC 160 is based on a studio staple with a voltagecontrolled design. This compressor provides extremely-fast signal detection – perfect for drums and any instrument where adding punch and edge is essential. The VC 76 recreates a popular FET compressor renowned for its super-fast attack and unique ‘All Button Mode’. Versatile enough for use on a wide range of sound sources, its streamlined control panel means this extremely precise, studio tool is also extremely intuitive.
TRANSIENT MASTER is a unique envelope shaper providing users with the ability to place instruments – especially drums and percussion – in the mix, independent of compression and EQ settings. This deceptively simple tool is based on a popular standard used as a secret weapon in many studios.
From now until November 27, individual plug-ins are $59.50 USD/49.50 EUR each (regular $119 USD/99 EUR), and the Vintage Compressors bundle costs $114.50 USD/99.50 EUR (regular $229 USD/199 EUR).
More information: Native Instruments
Sleepy-Time Records has announced the release of its Transient freeware effect plugin.
Transient is a transient processing VST for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It marks the first KVR DC entry by Sleepy-Time Records!
- Mono and Stereo compatibility.
- Transient detection and volume processing.
- Manual timing adjustment for transient detection and processing.
- Adjustable filters for transient detection and processing.
- External sidechain inputs: Mono tracks accept mono sidechain, Stereo tracks accept mono or stereo sidechain.
- Solo attack, sustain, left, and right.
- Adjustable volume range for transient detection.
Transient is available as a free download at KVR Audio.
More information: Sleepy-Time Records / Transient