Acon Digital has announced the release of version 1.0.4 of its Restoration Suite, a collection of 4 audio restoration (DeNoise, DeHum, DeClick and DeClip) plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration and noise reduction plugins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.0.4
- The parameter settings were not recalled when opening a project containing any of the Restoration Suite plug-ins in Ableton Live (both Windows & OS X).
- Acon Digital DeClip did not update the handle bars in the histogram when recalling presets or when using automation.
- Freeze in WaveLab 6 when the demo mode window was shown.
- The drop-outs in the demo mode are now synchronized to make it easier to evaluate the quality when using several plug-ins in chain.
- When launching the help from the German user interface, the English help was opened.
- Minor fixes and spelling.
The Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is available from the Restoration Suite product page.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Goldbaby has introduced Dirt and Layers, a sample library featuring a collection of drum layering samples and dirt sounds for adding texture to your productions.
The dirt sounds can add subtle or not so subtle texture to your individual instruments or whole mixes. For example add some vinyl noise to give the impression that your instrument was sampled off vinyl. Add some tape noise to make your recordings sound like they were done on tape before noise reduction was invented. Use the damaged cassette noise to fake your cassette sampling skills.
The drum layering samples are a fantastic tool kit for augmenting and beefing up drum sounds. Give your drums more depth and texture by experimenting with different layers. Boost the bottom end of kicks with tuned subs or add a transient layer to help it cut through a mix. Crispen snares with various top layers or add body and substance using the sauce and body layers.
This pack is a treasure trove for experimenting and sound designing. With foley style SFX like footstep on gravel, plastic bag scrunching, glass beads dropping on drum heads, rattley door hits, movie style impacts…
Dirt and Layers features
- 140 dirt sounds (24bit wav), including vinyl and tape noise, digital hash, guitar amp and pedal hum and more…
- 800 drum layering sounds (24bit wav), including kick subs and sauce, snare tops and sauce, sucks, transients and more…
- 50 Rex loops, including vinyl centre and locked grooves, wind up motors and dirt patterns.
The sample library costs $29 USD.
More information: Goldbaby / Dirt and Layers
Particular has released Tasty Transients, a new Euro Munchies series sample pack featuring 115 Eurorack sequence loops.
In this second installment in the series it’s all about transient and attack rich analogue Eurorack loops. The weirder the better is the decree so slap these onto something in need of something really out of the ordinary – be it four to the floor, downtempo, urban or cinematic.
Design spec here is the exploration of rhythmic and timing possibilities in analogue traditional and Cartesian sequencers and rotating clock dividers in a Eurorack modular system. We did this by feeding clock signals from a DAW and process the resulting sequences in the digital domain – all to retain the magic and weirdness coming from the analogue circuits in sync and under control. Instead of focusing on any specific genre or style of sound the goal here has been to squeeze out the most outlandish sequences possible using high quality analogue oscillators combined with digital wavetable ones, frequency modulation, low pass gates, filters, distortion and frequency shifter among others.
The modular system consists of selected modules from about 20 different brands: Makenoise, 4ms, Cwejman, Doepfer, TipTop audio, Plan B, Intellijel and a Roland system 100 Model 101. Digital realtime processing made mainly through Soundtoys and Fabfilter suites.
The sample library costs £14.95 GBP.
More information: Particular Audio / Tasty Transients
Acon Digital has launched the Restoration Suite, a bundle of 4 effect plugins for restoration of audio.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite consists of four audio restoration plug-ins that are the result of several years of research within the field of noise reduction and audio restoration algorithms.
Restoration Suite features
- DeNoise is a plug-in designed to reduce stationary noise, such as broadband noise, hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise. Great efforts have been put into preserving as much of the original signal as possible during the noise reduction process. As a result, DeNoise can reduce or in many cases completely remove the noise in a very transparent manner without loss of transients, attacks or “air” in the recording.
- DeHum targets hum and buzz typically introduced by poorly grounded electrical equipment, but also other tonal noise sources like electrical motor noise.
- DeClick is designed to remove impulsive noise such as clicks and crackle. These distortions are frequently encountered on LP and 78 RPM records, but also occur in digital recordings due to drop-outs or distorted data packets.
- DeClip restores audio recordings distorted by analog or digital clipping.
Acon Digital Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac (32/64-bit, VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD. An upgrade is available to Studio Clean 1.x users for $39.90 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
Voxengo has released version 1.3 of its Drumformer multiband drum track processing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Drumformer can operate in broadband, 2-band and 3-band modes, with each band having compressor-expander and saturation modules. The sound of the compressor can be defined as “gluey with a ping”, because it instantly creates a “tight and glued together” sound while masterfully emphasizing the transients. The saturation module offers you a choice between six saturation modes, each having a smooth sound and differing harmonic content.
Changes in Drumformer v1.3
- The EQ curve is now hidden when the equalizer is set to “Off”.
- A crash when loading some routing presets was fixed.
Drumformer (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $89.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Drumformer
FXpansion has announced that its DCAM EnvShaper is now available as an optional plug-in within Auria, the 48-track iPad digital audio recording system by WaveMachine Labs.
DCAM EnvShaper is a powerful processor for controlling transients in your Auria projects.
Ideal on electronic and acoustic drums, percussion loops, bass and guitar, it lets you emphasize or tame transients to increase punch or help parts sit well in a mix.
DCAM EnvShaper is available as an in-app purchase within Auria v1.08, priced at $14.99 USD.
More information: FXpansion / Auria
Variety Of Sound has announced the release of Rescue MK2, a freeware analog style modelled signal designer for Windows.
Rescue MK2 is the major overhaul of the analog style modelled signal designer already introduced back in 2007. It is a sophisticated mid/side based transient processing device which not only allows detailed ’3D’ imaging control but also fancy transient compression and distortion with dynamics that remains vibrant and alive.
Rescue MK2 offers transient handling ‘smooth like cake’, stateful saturation and an authentic analog signal path emulation 2.0.
Changes in Rescue MK2
- Some internal routing changes are streamlining the workflow per channel.
- Based on true stateful signal saturation algorithms, it provides way smoother transient management and distortion.
- Better support for different gain-staging levels is introduced.
- The analog style signal path emulation is a complete rework.
- The manual is completely rewritten.
Rescue MK2 is a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound