Mixed In Key, makers of award-winning Harmonic Mixing software used by world-renowned DJs, has launched their second annual DJ contest.
DJs around the world are invited to showcase their favorite music genre in a 10-15 minute mix that will be judged by some of the top talents in the industry. The winner and the runner-up will receive DJ packages worth more than $6,000 in combined retail value.
DJ Contest prizes
- The First Place winner will receive:
- A pair of Event Opal 750-Watt Active Monitor speakers featuring Variable Impedance Flared Ports to eliminate artifacts and noise, a new ULD tweeter design, and 8″ EX8 Drivers for solid bass.
- A copy of Serato Scratch Live, the ultimate software/hardware DJ solution featuring cueing, looping, keylock, the SP-6 Sample Player and DJ FX.
- A copy of Ableton Live 8 Suite featuring new Groove and Warping engines, Looper, 5 new effects (Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter, and Frequency Shifter), and many workflow enhancements.
- Lifetime licenses for all Mixed In Key products, current and future.
- A Rane SL 3 Audio Interface, a 24-bit USB 2.0 interface that connects turntables to a computer and a mixer and can control up to 3 virtual decks in Scratch Live 2.0.
- A $250 Gift certificate from Beatport, the recognized leader in electronic dance music downloads for DJs and club music.
- A $250 Gift certificate from Traxsource, a digital music store for underground music.
- Ableton and Serato’s “The Bridge” Technology.
- The Runner-up will receive:
- An Allen & Heath Xone:DX MIDI Controller.
- A copy of Serato ITCH software.
- Beatport gift certificate for $150.
The entry deadline is November 25, 2010.
More information: Mixed In Key