Cinematique Instruments has announced Low Banda Brass, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt including 2 instruments: a single tuba (F tuba) and a single bass trombone.
Low Banda Brass – Tuba and Bass Trombone instruments
Both instruments cover the lowest range of the brass family and stand out with a deep and powerful sound. Currently these two instruments enjoy great popularity – mostly used in Banda Music which is a brass-based form of traditional central American music consisting of a variety of forms, including rancheras, corridos, cumbias, baladas, and boleros. Low range brass is also frequently used in Mexican pop & rock, cumbias as well as polka and traditional German/Austrian music. Whatever you do the Tuba and Bass Trombone, are perfect tools to lend your music a unique sound basis and add roaring power from down below to your productions.
To keep the data small and the price reasonable we set the focus on the main playing techniques: long, short and staccato notes. In order to achieve a unique, realistic and organic sound we spent a lot of time finding the right microphone setup. We decided on a ribbon and two condenser mics as well as an additional bass drum microphone which was located close to the bell (used for “Tuba Short div” patch). We recorded up to 5 velocity layer in 3 round robin variations. In order to keep a very authentic sound and feel we decided to keep the tuning as natural as possible. The result is truly impressive and we are now proud and excited to present the Low Banda Brass to you. All rounded up with he CI typical easy mapping and scripting and as always a real stylish design. It is enormous fun to play and you will quickly create fast rhythmical patterns as well as long dramatic melody lines.
Low Banda Brass enriches your music with a realistic, organic and unique, deep brass sound.
Low Banda Brass is available to purchase for 37 EUR.
More information: Cinematique Instruments / Low Banda Brass
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Feb 25, 2011
ProjectSAM has released version 1.2 of Orchestral Brass Classic, a symphonic brass sound library for Kontakt.
ORCHESTRAL BRASS CLASSIC is the re-issue of the most respected symphonic brass series on the sample market: SAM Horns, SAM Trombones, SAM Trumpets and SAM Solo Sessions. Known for its ambient, cinematic sound, ORCHESTRAL BRASS CLASSIC is the only brass library that no film, TV or game composer can afford to be without.
Changes in Orchestral Brass Classic v1.2
- Pitch Scaling Curves: All groups in all instruments were re-checked for the presence of Pitch Scaling curves, and removed where found.
- Bug Fixes:
- 09c Tuba Staccato s – When playing keynote F2 at the lowest velocities clicks occurred. Zones adjusted.
- 26 Trp Sect Intervals KEY MOD stage & close – Intervals were more quiet when modwheel is up (so downward intervals) then when modwheel is down, fixed.
- 01 Tbn Sect KEY s & 11 Tbn Sect staccato s – Group ID 34 had no KSW assignment & Zone volumes imbalanced.
- 03 T Tbn Solo Sustain DYN c – Pitch Scaling Curves removed.
- F Hn Sect Intervals – Stage & Close – Wrong interval labels.
- Multi – Epic Sustain – Pitch Scaling Curves removed.
Orchestral Brass Classic for Kontakt (powered by Kontakt Player) is available to purchase for $399.99 USD / 299.99 EUR ex. VAT.
More information: ProjectSAM
HV Synth Design has released an updated version of the LowBrassCollection, a virtual instrument featuring an acoustic modeled Bass Trombone, Tenor Trombone, F-Horn and WagnerTuba.
Changes in LowBrassCollection
- Improved F-Horn and Tuba sound,
- Implementation of an attack engine for loud and bright attacks,
- Amplitude and Pitch vibrato are now separate sections.
LowBrassCollection is available for $179 USD. The demo version has been updated as well.
You can now also purchase the TotalBrassCollection (trumpets and low brass), for a reduced price of $299 USD.
Visit HV Synth Design for more information and audio demos.