Pentode audio has announced VTC-1, a vacuum tube compressor effect plugin for Windows.
VTC-1 is special analog modeled virtual VST compressor with warm analog, fat pumping and transparent sound.
Compared to modern compressors PENTODE AUDIO VTC-1 has different inner structure and principle of work: VTC-1 don’t have threshold knob, so you set amount of compression by increasing or decreasing input level same like with old analog tube compressors. Compression amount knob is similar to ratio knob at modern compressors. You can select two curves of compression with switch: significant compression or smooth curve. If you prefer fat/massive sound you can boost input signal of vacuum tubes by turning tube drive knob.
If you want some real sounding analog color to your digital records and characteristic yet transparent compression feel free to try demo version of VTC-1.
- Compression amount knob.
- Standard attack and release knobs with analog modeled behavior.
- Input knob that control amount of compression / level of compression.
- Compression amount knob (similar to ratio selector).
- Switch: significant compression (hard curve) or smooth curve (soft curve).
- Tube drive knob for real sounding analog warmth and saturation.
- Post-gain knob.
- Bypass knob and gain reduction meter.
The plugin is available to purchase for Windows (VST) priced at 17.17 EUR.
More information: 123Creative / VTC-1
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
Sonic Zest has announced African Tube Percussion, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
We recently stumbled across this instrument in a pop-up shop. The lady was selling Ghanaian imports, amongst which we found this set of African percussive tubes.
We recorded each tube being hit multiple times to give a 3x round robin. Minimal audio manipulation was required after the recording session to ensure that each note was perfectly tuned. The tones have been spread chromatically outside their normal range for playability. With a bit of sound design we created some additional patches, including a lovely sounding pad. African Tube Percussion Kontakt instrument is a great addition to any set-up.
African Tube Percussion features
- Unique Kontakt instrument sampling pitched African wooden tubes.
- 3x round robin.
- Contains dry and reverb presets, alongside pad-like and arpeggiator sounds.
- Instantly playable.
- Full Kontakt required.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $16 USD.
More information: Sonic Zest / African Tube Percussion
SoundToys has announced its href=”https://www.soundtoys.com/store/Holiday2013Promo” title=”Hot and Heavy Holidays”>Hot and Heavy Holidays, offering discounts on its Devil-Loc and Radiator plug-ins for a limited time.
Add some serious excitement to your mix with Devil-Loc’s crushing heavy compression, and Radiator’s warm tube flavor, tone and drive.
Unleash both of them on vocals, guitars, synths – anything that needs more kick in the attitude. Plus they are red and green and that’s crazy festive.
The Devil-Loc and Radiator plug-ins are available to purchase for $99 USD each until December 24th, 2013 (regular $129 USD each). Free versions of Devil-Loc or Little Radiator can be upgraded for $69 USD each during this promotion.
More information: SoundToys / Hot and Heavy Holidays
Nick Crow Lab has released version 1.3 of TubeDriver, a free amp effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TubeDriver is a Tube Amplifier Emulation for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST & AU). It’s free but donations are welcomed.
Changes in TubeDriver v1.3
- Overall Dry/Wet control added.
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) meter added.
The plug-in is a free download.
More information: Nick Crow Lab / TubeDriver
123creative has announced the release of Vacuum tube triode warmer TRW-1, an effect plug-in developed in collaboration with Pentode audio.
Most of modern music is mixed digitally. Most of home-made digital mixes/records are missing analog warmth of analog devices, vacuum tubes and tapes. Lot of amateur mixing engineers are using plug-ins emulating analog devices, but many of these plug-ins bring just next distortion instead of analog warmth and creamy sound. This distortion is boosted in mastering process, while you can’t get perfect analog sound only with analog mastering if mix is digitally cold and sharp.
Pentode audio vacuum tube triode warmer TRW-1 is plug-in designed by team of skilled electronic engineers and dsp programmers with inner structure similar to real blocks of vacuum tube studio devices, including emulation of physical phenomena like small positive inner feedback, tube softening of transients and compression or generation of both odd and even harmonics, thanks to Pentode vacuum tube PVT8.2 emulation technology, that can generate also first harmonics! First harmonics are most important aspect of fat vacuum tube sound, while almost any digital plug-in cannot recreate them.
Pentode audio TRW-1 is aimed for mixing purposes, warming individual channels and adding realistic analog charisma to the mixes.
The effect plug-in is available to purchase for Windows (VST), priced at a limited time introductory price of 12.59 EUR.
More information: 123creative / Vacuum tube triode warmer TRW-1
Lostin70s has updated the JAMP MK1 virtual guitar amp effect for Windows to version 1.3.
JAMP is a new versatile VST amp based on real tube emulation.
Changes in JAMP v1.3
- New convolution engine for spring reverb (2x less CPU).
- Works at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
- Available in 64-bit and 32-bit.
- Available with and without GUI.
- New GUI.
JAMP is available to download as a freeware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: Lostin70s / JAMP