Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011
Numark has introduced the NS6, a DJ controller for Serato ITCH which delivers massive control, mixing and I/O capabilities.
NS6 is a 4-channel Digital DJ controller with complete built in mixer and 4 decks of software control. This easy to use dual-platter system has been designed in collaboration with Serato to deliver powerful breakthrough performance to a broad range of DJs.
NS6 borrows from the popular designs of Numark’s award-winning NS7FX and V7 controllers and delivers substantial new features including the most responsive, high-resolution touch-activated platters ever produced in a DJ product. The wheels on NS6 deliver 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation; when combined with NS6’s automatically adjusted platter sensitivity the result is ultra-precise, high definition turntable control.
- Built-in 4 Channel DJ Mixer that works with or without the computer.
- Inputs for 4 line, 2 turntables, 2 microphones.
- Serato’s Itch 4 Deck DJ software included.
- Built-in professional 24-bit audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.
- Touch sensitive illuminated wheels with 3600 ticks of resolution per rotation.
- Strip Search with track position indicator.
- Channel assignable effects controls.
- Mouse-less library navigation with view options.
- Deck Controls include: Key Lock, Pitch Control, Manual and Instant Looping, Hot Cues and Beat grid.
- NS6’s uses standard MIDI protocols enabling DJs to use it with a variety of MIDI software.
Numark will showcase NS6 at the 2011 Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA, Booth #6400, January 13 – 16.
More information: Numark / NS6
Posted in news
on Jan 06, 2011
UltraMixer Digital Audio Solutions has released UltraMixer 3, a cross-platform professional digital DJ solution for Windows.
UltraMixer 3 is the third generation of the reliable digital deejaying software which enables you to mix digital music in various formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV, FLAC or CDs in real time. All you need is a sound card.
The DJ’s turntables are replaced by two digital SoundPlayers, the “vinyls” are available within seconds through the integrated FileArchive. No matter whether you want to use UltraMixer for a professional gig or at a private party or as virtual jukebox in restaurants, hair studios or medical surgeries – it will prove the right choice!
New in UltraMixer 3
- [FileArchive] Function to export playlists as CSV file for import and print from Microsoft Excel / Open Office / Apple Numbers.
- [FileArchive] Hierarchical table sort according to Artist, Title and Album.
- [MIDI] Accessing loops with Hercules DJ Console MK4 und Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2.
- [MIDI] Hercules MP3 e2 LED support.
- [MIDI] Support of Hercules DJ Console 4-MX.
- [Preferences] Option to disable the automatic beatmatching of loops.
- [Preferences] Option to enable automatic Beatmatching of Cue Points (only for MIDI controllers).
- [Preferences] Support of additional languages.
- [Sampler] Drag’n'Drop for Sampler-SlotButtons.
- [User Interface] Optimized function to show tracks in Explorer/Finder.
- [User Interface] Volumefader in Previewplayer integrated.
- [Waveform] Hot Cue position should be visualized in the Waveforms in addition to the saved Cue points.
- Many improvements and fixes, details here.
UltraMixer 3 Professional for Windows, Mac and Linux is available to purchase for 229 EUR / $299 USD / £229 GBP (TAX/VAT included).
More information: UltraMixer
, instrument plugins
, Speak and Spell
Posted in news
on Dec 08, 2010
Necromare has released another batch of free sample-based VST instruments for Windows.
New Necromare plugins
- Dante’s Power Chords – A simple collection of muted and open powerchords. The keys are velocity triggered for each sound. On either end of the keys you will find guitar sounds mixed with demonic growls.
- Deep Space Explorer – Great for space or ambient music this VST comes with instruments to make a complete song, all accessed via a drop down menu.
- Bang – a collection of everyday obects in a percussive form. Drum map for easy navigation included.
- Broken Toy – Old toy gets new life as circuit bent instrument.
- Jazz Trumpet – Great solo instrument in its own right. Velocity sensitive, including muted trumpet and fx.
- Bongoes – The lower registers are a set of dry bongos, the upper keys are wet.
- Celtic Harp – A very pretty version of this beatiful irish instrument. sound great with soom room reverb.
- Koto – This graceful instrument is reproduced here.
- Mandolin – Exotic instrument with a nice string sound. Try and replicating the style of this instrument warning: Keep the sustain low.
- Turntable – Recordings of various sounds from a turntable. Keyboard map included.
- The Audience – Foley sounds, including laughter, boos, stomps and cheering.
- Bent Furbie – Various bent phrases and effects scattered along the keyboard. Great if you into glitch or Bent music. The controls are represented as small dots.
- PONG! – the simple but memorable blip sound from the PONG arcade video game.
- Speak and Teach – 8 octaves of samples from speak and spell toys, great for dance, electro, art, industrial, glitch…
These Necromare plug-ins are available to download at no cost.
More information: Necromare
Related: audio interface
, Ean Golden
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2010
Native Instruments has announced that TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is now available in stores worldwide.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is an innovative DJ system with state-of-the-art performance capabilities and immediate tactile control, representing a new level of software and hardware integration that makes DJing more versatile, more intuitive, and more fun.
The full-featured controller combines a four-channel mixer section with ergonomically laid-out high-quality control elements and an integrated audio interface, while the included TRAKTOR PRO S4 software offers the full feature set of TRAKTOR PRO, further expanded through powerful new performance functions and an optimized user interface. Based on ten years of digital DJing expertise, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 gives DJs of all genres unparalleled creative possibilities with supreme work flow and ease-of-use.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is available for a suggested price of $999 USD / 899 EUR from authorized dealers and in the NI Online Shop. A flight case is available as an optional accessory for $189 USD / 169 EUR.
The introduction of TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is accompanied by two performance videos with advanced DJ routines from controllerism pioneer Ean Golden, complemented with an explanatory tutorial.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR KONTROL S4
, open source
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2010
Mixxx, the free, open source software for performing live DJ mixes, was updated to version 1.8.0.
Developed by a diverse community of DJs, Mixxx is a complete replacement for a conventional “turntables and mixer” DJ setup, and is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
“Deere” skin, new in Mixxx 1.8.0
Changes since Mixxx v1.7.2
- Loop-in, Loop-out, and Reloop/Exit buttons added to our main skins.
- Loop point indicators on main waveforms and waveform summary displays.
- Hot cues
- Most of our skins gained 4 hot cue buttons, and Mixxx now internally supports up to 32 hot cues per deck.
- A brand new database-powered library, with:
- iTunes library and playlists access (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Rhythmbox library and playlists access (Linux)
- A brand new, faster library scanner
- A simple Auto DJ mode, which crossfades to the next track in the Auto DJ queue.
- Analyze view, which allows you to run bulk BPM detection on your songs
- Featured Artists bundle (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Revamped Song Properties dialog
- Re-arrangeable, hide-able columns
- Tons of new artwork:
- New Deere, Shade, Phoney, and LateNight skins
- Better descriptions in tooltips and snazzy new look
- New PortMidi-based MIDI device backend, supports using multiple devices at once
- Timers in the MIDI scripting engine
- New MIDI mappings:
- Hercules DJ Control e2
- DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter
- Reloop Digital Jockey2
- Updated MIDI mappings:
- Hercules DJ Control MP3, RMX, MK2
- Stanton SCS.3d, SCS.3m
- M-Audio Xponent
- Behringer BCD3000
- Vestax VCI-100
- MixMan DM2
- Other stuff:
- A massive rewrite of our internal mixing engine
- More intelligent disk access to help optimize audio latency
- Optimized waveform rendering at 30 fps
- Ramping pitch-bend option, smoothly applies temporary pitch adjustment for nudging
- Import comment tags from MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC/WAV metadata.
- New library and preferences icons
- Improvements to UTF-8 handling
- Over 50 bug fixes and more!
More information: Mixxx