ADSR Sounds has announced Zebra Metaphysics, a soundset featuring 52 high quality ambient presets for the Zebra 2 synthesizer instrument from u-he.
You will be able to use them in several other genres: film scoring, video game soundtracks, and other deep scoring tasks.
There is a very Special category in this soundset with the name of (One Note Hold) that you must play one note and hold for a long time!
The One Note Hold presets are particularly special and are multi-layered sounds designed to evolve over long periods of time, quite useful for background textures.
Zebra Metaphysics features
- 7 Ambient Lead.
- 2 Arp.
- 4 Hit Idea.
- 22 One Note Hold.
- 17 Pad and Atmosphere.
The soundset is available from ADSR for $17 USD.
More information: ADSR / Zebra Metaphysics
u-he has announced the release of an official public beta of its Bazille hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
You need to register with this temporary serial:
User Name: “Public Beta”
If you can’t wait to give us your money, here’s a working shop link:
Bazille is available for an introductory 30% discount, until two or three weeks after release, which is scheduled for July 1st, 2014 (regular price will be $129 USD/109 EUR/£99GBP).
The public beta version is available for download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he / Bazille
u-he has announced a Rev 2352 update for its instrument and effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
During the last few weeks we have done extensive stress testing of ACE. ACE has received some treatment to become V1.3 – it’s got a new “filter reset” parameter on the tweak page for those who need a “digital” filter behaviour to accompany VCO reset. We’ve also defused a few possible issues with multicore processing when changing a preset happens at the time of processing audio and vice versa.
We hope to post an ACE 1.3 release candidate next week, with final installers and information. We would like to send out a newsletter then and hint at Bazille public beta testing (starting as of now).
Changes since Rev 2242
- Completely redone Mac Installers – check for completeness, file permissions, proper update behaviour.
- Fixed UI freeze with 32-bit Carbon UIs on Mavericks.
- Separated AAX 32/64 bit on Win installers, added proper install path.
- Added choice of gamma adjustments to GUI editor (brightness control).
- Antialiasing on GUI fonts can now be turned off.
- Added VST3 ReadMes to installers, made VST3 install optional (off by default).
- Added module name to VST2 parameter list (check if existing automation is affected).
- Fixed Win Click-Thru bug, possible also “two clicks needed to close window”.
- Improved font rendering on Windows.
- Fixed “u-he menu” on TripleCheese preset folders.
- Fixed snapshot step indicators in Filterscapes.
- Fixed missing preset name in VST2.
- Removed useless “panned BPs” mode form FilterscapeVA.
- Fixed swapped Delay times in ZebraCM.
- Improved error message (“Error 3″) on Win.
- Fixed Diva Waveform Slider offset.
- Switched text drawing to CoreText on Mac (removes special character issue in Satin).
- Fixed “apostrophy bug” in Preset Descriptions.
- Fixed text abbreviation bug on Win.
- Zebras – Osc Phase now defaults to 50.00.
- Fixed negative smoothing bug in Filterscape StepSeq.
- Fixed installers for 32-bit Windows (hopefully, again).
- Fixed line style wires being cut off in scaled UIs (Win only).
- Improved voice stealing behaviour (less clicky).
- Fixed legato modes.
- Fixed slow UI loading times.
- Fixed a lot of pops, thumps, nasty noises and critical sound bugs in ACE.
- Improved oscilloscope modes.
- Added 200 HS presets to ACE (will also add preset list and extra zip shortly).
- Added “reset filter” feature in ACE Circuit Bending section.
- Fixed few issues that could cause silence or noise with multicore turned on.
- Fixed missing button graphic in ACE.
- Fixed missing lock function on tuning files etc.
- Hiding cables now while NagScreen is visible.
- Made Gate fade quicker as VCA.
- Made new font compromise on Windows.
- Added Bazille Installers.
- Put correct version numbers in Mac installers.
The updated public beta installers are now available for download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
Urs Heckmann of u-he has posted a pre-release offer for the upcoming Bazille modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
if you must…
I did only a quick test, but it should work. Intro offer is 30% off.
Note that if you can wait for a few days there’ll be a serial number that’s free for a few weeks…
The pre-release beta version of Bazille is available for $89 USD. Note that you’ll have to send a support ticket after purchase to get the download link.
More information: u-he / Bazille
ZenSound has launched Trail of Nexus 6, a free soundset by Complex for the Tyrell N6 synthesizer from u-he.
Trail of Nexus 6 is designed with inspiration of the Blade Runner film. This soundset have a futuristic sound, it is the natural continuation of the soundset Rebeld. All the sounds of this soundset are good for all styles of music and perfect for futuristic electronic compositions.
Trail of Nexus 6 features
- 17 atmospheres, with a industrial and dark feeling.
- 13 bass, original and strong.
- 19 keys, sounds for playing with the MIDI keyboard.
- 6 leads, futuristic.
- 12 percussions, modulated and distorted.
- 4 sequenced patches using the LFO’s.
- 29 sfx, science fiction effects, ideal for videogames and films.
The soundset is a free download.
More information: ZenSound / Trail of Nexus 6
u-he has launched a product page for its Bazille, a modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Bazille is a modular FM and Phase Distortion Synthesizer. It’s modular engine allows for patching of any signal output into any signal input, regardless of signal type. This makes Bazille a sibling of ACE, but it caters for a digital synthesis paradigm rather than for subtractive (virtual analogue) synthesis.
- Hybrid modular system: digital oscillators, analogue filters – amazing SFX capabilities.
- 4 oscillators with simultaneous FM, PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance).
- 4 multimode analogue type filters, 2 of which have 6 parallel outputs.
- 2 modulation maps, lag processors, quantizer, inverters, rectifiers, sample&hold.
- Morphing sequencer: 8 slots of 16 steps each (splittable into 4, 8 or 12-step units).
- U-he’s exemplary customer support, all regular (.x) updates are free of charge.
Sign up for the u-he newsletter to be notified when Bazille is available.
More information: u-he / Bazille
Luftrum has announced the release of Luftrum 11, a new soundset for the Diva virtual analog synthesizer from u-he.
Luftrum 11 is the sequel to Luftrum 9, the popular soundset for Diva.
64 presets with pads ranging from light shimmer pads over classic 80′s synth pads to deep space pads, arpeggios, subtle synth leads and synth emulations inspired by Vangelis, Boards of Canada, Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream and Carbon Based Lifeforms.
Luftrum 11 is available for purchase $23 USD. A bundle with Luftrum 9 for Diva is available for $39 USD (save $7 USD).
More information: Luftrum