Unfiltered Audio has announced the release of G8 Dynamic Gate, a gate effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
G8 is a high-quality noise gate with many tricks up its sleeve. It is both a professional dynamics workstation and an experimental amplitude effect.
Use it for noise reduction, AM/granular synthesis, bouncing ball rhythm programming, tremolo, trajectory panning, transient shaping, and much, much more.
G8 Dynamic Gate features
- “Cycle” and “One-shot” gating modes give you the ability to use G8 as a stutter effect, AM/granular, or tremolo.
- Customizable MIDI inputs and outputs allow you to trigger G8 from MIDI clips or to synchronize instruments to G8 for drum replacement or groove extraction. Combined with G8’s alternative gating modes, you can create intricate rhythms, bouncing ball effects, or MIDI clips with granular trigger patterns. Synchronize two instances of G8 over MIDI for the ultimate customizable sidechain.
- “Reject” Outputs allow you to hear the audio that gets blocked by the gate. Use this innovative feature to create amplitude-dependent effect chains.
- “Flip mode” swaps the regular outputs with the Reject Outputs. Use G8 as a strange compressor, or remove grains from your audio.
- Expert Mode contains an advanced routing, amplitude, and filtering matrix for each channel, as well as individual input monitors for up to 4 channels. Use this to clean up the analysis input with even more precision, or to create unpredictable gating polyrhythms.
- Sidechain support (in select hosts, please see the compatibility list for more information).
- Independent Analysis Gain and Output Gain controls eliminate the frustration of balancing your mix with your ideal analysis level.
- RMS and Peak style metering selection ensures that you will always have the right tool for the job.
- Lookahead control with accurate latency reporting to the host.
- Wet/Dry control for parallel gating, compression, or expansion. The dry signal is latency-compensated to prevent any unwanted phase issues.
- Variable Reduction controls the depth of the gating, from full silence to barely-there disturbances.
- Hysteresis and Hold parameters to prevent “chatter” or unwanted dropouts.
- Locking modes allow you to keep specific parameters frozen on preset change.
- DRM Free. When you buy it, you own it. No serial numbers, dongles, or forced internet connections.
- Steam Cloud Support means that if you use G8 Gate through Steam, all of your presets will be automatically backed up to the cloud and synced between your computers. Every purchase of G8 includes a Steam Key.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for the introductory price of $39.99 USD until May 13th, 2014 (regular $49.99 USD).
More information: Unfiltered Audio / G8 Dynamic Gate
Unfiltered Audio has launched G8, a dynamic gate Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
G8 version 1.1 features “hysteresis”, which gives G8 a “bottom threshold” that your sound must pass below before the gate closes back up.
G8 is a high-quality noise gate with many advanced and useful features, including CV control over everything, Hysteresis, a Reject Output, a Flip Mode, and more. Without a doubt, G8 is the most fully featured noise gate available for Reason.
Use it for noise removal, transient shaping, amplitude-dependent effects routing, glitchy rhythms, and much more. A large number of presets and combinator patches will get you started!
The G8 Rack Extension is available to purchase for 25 EUR.
More information: Unfiltered Audio / G8 Dynamic Gate
Unfiltered Audio has announced the release of Yoko, a band-splitter Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Front and back panels of the Yoko band-splitter device for Reason.
Yoko is the essential tool for creating unique multiband effects within Reason.
It splits an audio signal into low, mid, and high frequency bands, each equipped with gain control and stereo metering. Fully featured CV input and variable levels of cutoff slope allow for surgical precision and modulation, making Yoko an effect of its own and a powerful tool when used within a chain.
Yoko: Multiband Everything.
Yoko is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
Unfiltered Audio has also updated the Renoun “Modulating Reverb” Rack Extension to version 1.1.6, which fixes a bug where the meters did not reset to zero when the unit is bypassed.
More information: Unfiltered Audio
Unfiltered Audio has announced the release of Renoun, a modulating reverb Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Unfiltered Audio Renoun modulation reverb for Reason.
Renoun is an algorithmic reverb modeled after a renowned reverb well-known in the lexicon of modern music production. We’ve made a faithful reproduction of the original algorithm and added a modulation section that goes up to 11.
Renoun’s modulation makes it capable of effects from detuned, warbly keys to FM-style drum tones. Of course, if you simply want an excellent room sound, you can turn off the modulation section and get that classic blue-box sound! To get you started, Renoun comes with a selection of presets sorted by recommended instrument.
To top it off, in true Unfiltered Audio fashion, we’ve added CV modulation to every parameter. Because of this, Renoun can be used for many effects other than classic reverb:
- Modulating the volume gives you a colored tremolo sound.
- Heavy modulation on the color section can provide you with mild, pleasant distortion.
- Moving the predelay will act as a pitch-shifter.
- Altering the decay will cause surreal expansion and contraction of the emulated space.
- And many, many more possible combinations…
Renoun is available to purchase for 25 EUR.
More information: Unfiltered Audio / Renoun